Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Yes very much so besides the questions how hard it was(which is just being polite), There was only ONE salvageable question in the whole thread(Worgen District)

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK KKK
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM

Elune

I've had a bit of time to cool down (and rest my weary fingers), so I'm not as angry as I was. Disappointed though, certainly, but this sort of turnout is pretty much par for the course.

I'll get around to fixing my typos at some point. Not really interested at this point, heh.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I am glad, though, that my question about the worgen district got answered. I was holding out hope for the Park to be fixed up into it still, but it seems I can put that hope to rest *sigh*
That was a good one. Maybe they will still get back to it though - I think at some point (next expansion?) they're going to have to rebuild Stormwind's damage. I have a feeling they'll make the Park actually a good zone and make a NE/Worgen area maybe. Who knows. (speaking of which, I recently went in there again... dear god, there are still NO venders in any of the buildings... the only npcs are standing around that moonwell and the one that walks back and forth... really? *really?*)

These are the few questions I thought were good besides the Worgen District one:
-Tabards Tab/Closet (if this had not been asked at Blizzcon, but I do enjoy people hammering Blizzard about it )
-The smaller raids question (maybe this was already covered, I can't remember.. I found the answer interesting though)
-More than one legendary if only for an actual confirmation on the legendary staff
-Faction imbalance question had a really good answer
-What they regret not making launch had a nice answer

Questions that were absolutely god-awful, beyond stupid:
-Anything involving heirlooms
-Anything involving "what is available in 4.0.3a?" (there is a fucking blue post)
-"Will achievement points be spendable?" (I want to personally stab everyone who fucking asks this question every fucking Q&A... seriously, they need to die a grusome, grusome, horrible death)
-"Southrend" guy (this was hands down the stupidest question I've ever seen asked in a Blizzard Q&A)
-Anything that was fucking obvious (DK starting zone, number of tier items, if worgen/goblins could use heirlooms, how do you get a guild mount, etc)

The Archaelogy one, though totally expected, disappoints me too though. I was really hoping it'd be usable in 4.0.3a (which technically does not violate the reason he gave in his answer about stuff being placed "in the new world"). Mostly since you're starting from skill point "1" with this I am so fucking excited for that profession that I don't want to wait, and I don't want to try and balance leveling it and leveling my character at the same time
Old 11-18-2010, 05:49 PM

The Digger

They've been dancing around the tabards thing since the alpha, it's nice to finally get some sort of answer, even if it's not the one I wanted.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
The Archaelogy one, though totally expected, disappoints me too though. I was really hoping it'd be usable in 4.0.3a (which technically does not violate the reason he gave in his answer about stuff being placed "in the new world"). Mostly since you're starting from skill point "1" with this I am so fucking excited for that profession that I don't want to wait, and I don't want to try and balance leveling it and leveling my character at the same time
Well, Archaeology actually gives you XP as you level it. I'm actually glad it's not coming out till Cataclysm, because that way I don't have to force myself to level it without a flying mount. That would be ugly.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taruun View Post
Well, Archaeology actually gives you XP as you level it. I'm actually glad it's not coming out till Cataclysm, because that way I don't have to force myself to level it without a flying mount. That would be ugly.
I'm f'n around with a Night Elf Druid right now, just to do Darkshore and Ashenvale before they get wiped, and gathering a insane amount of herbs as I go (no one is leveling in this area besides me on my server, I think I killed every rare mob in Tedrassil last night) and Herb gathers are granting a small, but still nice amount of exp every time. I can't verify about crafting profs, but I assume Mining and likely Skinning do this as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Not skinning, because that would make powerlevelling far, far to easy. Mining, yes, and archaeology. I haven't tested it in a while, but a few weeks ago on the beta I was getting about 30k XP from each archeology fragment I found at level 84. At that rate, you could honestly level up to 85 just from archaeology in a reasonable amount of play time.

Edit: from 80, that is. Again, levelling archaeology without a flying mount would be too painful.

Last edited by Taruun; 11-18-2010 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Sayomara#1618

I tend to think the bad questions are a 50/50 thing. 50% of the responsibility goes to the people asking things that can be easily looked up or just random directions see Southred.(then again I wouldn't put it pasted blizzard)

But just as much responsibility falls on Blizzard's people for answering the questions they know they have answered before or they just want to give a joke answer too.

I guess it all depends on what you see the propose of these chats are. If its to get information out they clearly don't do that. Because it simple enough to plant questions to be answered. But if its just to interact with people and make them think they matter I guess people keep giving them questions.

I just wish Uldum question was "what were your originally planing back in 2004" because I bet good money it wasn't Egypt.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Couldn't anyone bloody ask if Tyrande will be getting a new model and what the purpose of Lor'themar was? Just to remind them that this is stuff that needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Q. Will darnassus be rebuilt to be a real tree or will it always look like a dead stump with trees on top?
A. Deathwing hates trees (Zarhym)
Boo
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 PM

Site Staff - Admin

I thought the chat was kinda short, but I'm glad they at least answered my question about Southrend.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:30 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
I thought the chat was kinda short, but I'm glad they at least answered my question about Southrend.
If that was you, everyone would instant-ban you with our combined stares alone.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Surprised a question about female worgen didn't pop up. Guess Blizzard made sure to ignore them. Some people just seem to want refuse to accept that nothing is going to happen 3 weeks before release.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:19 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Surprised a question about female worgen didn't pop up. Guess Blizzard made sure to ignore them. Some people just seem to want refuse to accept that nothing is going to happen 3 weeks before release.
Even if nothing happens, I think players want Blizzard to know of their dissatisfaction.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Even if nothing happens, I think players want Blizzard to know of their dissatisfaction.
And leave it to the WoW community (or at least the vocal minority) to whine about something futile and pointless. Hell who am I kidding that happens about everything in this world even outside the game.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:45 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
And leave it to the WoW community (or at least the vocal minority) to whine about something futile and pointless. Hell who am I kidding that happens about everything in this world even outside the game.
Character models and customization are pointless?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taruun View Post
Edit: from 80, that is. Again, levelling archaeology without a flying mount would be too painful.
Flying mounts in Azeroth and Outland are available at 60, and is 500g grand total (250 each for Azeroth and Outland), and Northrend flying is 68 and 500 more. You could do all the pre-Cata zones easily. Once Cata HITS, of course...
�the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 11-19-2010, 12:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Character models and customization are pointless?
I didn't say those were pointless did I? I said it's pointless to ask for changes and whine about the model when you know nothing is going to happen.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:15 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Sigh, I don't know who's more stupid, those who make stupid questions or those who answer them.

SERIOUSLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Southred isn't that bad. At least, they didn't ask about which were going to be the new playable races and new main villain or when is the game going to be released.

Thanks god they didn't.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Sigh, I don't know who's more stupid, those who make stupid questions or those who answer them.

SERIOUSLY.

Southred isn't that bad. At least, they didn't ask about which were going to be the new playable races and new main villain or when is the game going to be released.

Thanks god they didn't.
I'm sure someone did - they probably had enough of a filter to realize that was a dumbass question tho.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I just realized, the worgen district answer explains why the Howling Oak is so lackluster compared to the Goblin Slums. Blizzard knew what they were doing from the start with goblins, but the change of the worgen from Stormwind to Darnassus might have been too far into development to do much for it.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Arch-Druid

At this point I'm thinking they really should have just given Worgen and Goblins capitals, and also expanded the Echo Isles and Gnomergan even more than they did to give every race a proper city. Now what you have is that Worgen is essentially the only race that has nowhere to call home.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
At this point I'm thinking they really should have just given Worgen and Goblins capitals, and also expanded the Echo Isles and Gnomergan even more than they did to give every race a proper city. Now what you have is that Worgen is essentially the only race that has nowhere to call home.
They may yet. I'm a moonkin, and I have faith I'm not "Final!"
Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Well, the draenei can't be the only Alliance race that's ignored, right?

RIGHT?

Honestly, this is pretty fracking stupid. The goblins get a revamped zone to level in as well as a quasi-capital (doesn't have capital city status like Org, but it might as well be)...

And the worgen get a tree. A hollow tree.

Although I'm still holding out hope that if Kul Tiras is released in a future patch, that it's Alliance only (and somehow the worgen get their own area on there? I dunno). But I'm not counting on it, considering Tol Barad is supposed to be part of Kul Tiras and it's now basically a neutral zone.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Now granted I don't think this whole capital thing is the biggest issue in the world, I also realize I'm in the minority on caring about Worgen presence in the gameworld. It doesn't bother me, but it bothers the majority of the people on this fourm, and they are probably more correct than I am about this.

I would be curious as to why the descison was made to make the Goblin and Worgen starting areas phased and not able to be visited after completion. I understand the DK experince was a big, cinematic type success, but even with that you could go to Acherus and the Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave once you were in the game world.

(As a side note, are non-DKs able to fly up and visit Acherus in Cata? I have never seen anyone ask or confirm the answer to this question.)
Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
(As a side note, are non-DKs able to fly up and visit Acherus in Cata? I have never seen anyone ask or confirm the answer to this question.)
You can fly up to Acherus after the Cataclysm. It's not like it got removed or there was a huge invisible wall there.