Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-26-2019, 04:31 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom Shadowlands - The Official Thread

Welcome to the official thread for WOW's 8th expansion!
Old 11-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Last edited by Nazja; 11-01-2019 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Call me crazy, but for the first time ever, I find myself not interested in any of the features of an expansion.

It's not even disappointment, it's apathy. But there's still the panels, so let's wait and see if I find something to look forward. I have no feelings towards the lands or creatures, and there's no features I was looking forward to.

Oh, there was a disappointment, actually. Sylvanas beating the Lich King? That was disappointing.

---------------------- EDIT ----------------------

Ok, two tidbits now called my attention:

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH A NEW LEVELING EXPERIENCE — Level up your next hero through a fully revamped 1–50 experience where every level is meaningful , then advance to the new level cap of 60 in the Shadowlands.
Fully revamped? Does this mean the world is revamped and the quests are new? Or it's just gameplay revamp?

Quote:
Improved Character Customisation Options: A host of new appearance options for all races will be made available to players when they create new World of Warcraft characters (or alter existing ones at the in-game barber shop).
About damn time! Now you got my attention.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-01-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 03:22 PM

Banished

The Cinematic was awful like the last xpc's. It has focused too much on the actual fights, the lines and characterizations were terrible other than the beginning. WotLK's was 10 times better than it.

Will we see Arthas back?
Old 11-01-2019, 03:31 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

It looks great, but yeah; a bit jarring with Sylvanas' power level.

As for the revamped leveling experience. I doubt it's a full World Revamp, maybe I am wrong? If we did get one, wouldn't it have been shown during the features trailer? I suppose we will find out in What's Next.

So far, Shadowlands looks cool.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Looks like Deicide might finally get to play a high elf.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

That looked promising, but then... Previews for four generic zones that don't look like "Shadowlands" at all?

I mean, new place, whatever, and it's full of new civilized races and factions? The hell? The Shadowlands should have been empty, full of savage beasts, or full of dead echoes from races of ancient past, not just a bunch of generic new guys which could belong pretty much anywhere in the universe.

I mean, what's the point?

Whatever, I don't know. I was looking forward to a "continent of the dead" kind of thing, yet it's the same thing as Pandaria and Broken Isles again; which don't get me wrong, it made sense there (we could argue Broken Isles weren't what was depicted in the first place, but still), but here? Imagine getting an Emerald Dream or an Elemental Planes expansion and it's just full of the same races from the surface. It's just lame.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Banished

Quote:
Frostmourne. This at least he knew, and intimately. The sword whirled end over end, as if Arthas has tossed it into the air. A second sword rose to meet it—long, inelegant but powerful, with the symbol of a skull embedded in its fearsome blade. A name—“Ashbringer,” a sword and yet more than a sword, as was Frostmourne. The two clashed—
Remember this in RotLK?

This vision has not been shown in reality yet, maybe we will see it.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:11 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Remember this in RotLK?

This vision has not been shown in reality yet, maybe we will see it.
That was so long ago Blizzard has probably forgotten it.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
That was so long ago Blizzard has probably forgotten it.
But if they bring it up, it can be pretty interesting.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Like I said on Discord, for several reasons I see Shadowlands as Legion 2.0 and I'm very hyped.

I'm also very hyped for the upcoming city of Oribos. It sounds like a really cool concept.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:29 AM

Huntress

After reading a reddit post I have an idea that the Jailer is the original source of the Lich King's power. Demons aren't known for mastery of undeath, but the Nathrezim do like to delve where they really shouldn't. They were basically void cultists before they joined the Legion after all. So they dig around in the Shadowlands, find the Jailer, and essentially steal fire from the gods, siphoning his powers while using his command of the undead as a blueprint for their own Lich King.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Kael'thas Sunstrider, who pursues vengeance on an enemy from his past while confined to Revendreth for the crimes he committed in life.

Guess Blizzard wants to shit on Kael more.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Kael'thas Sunstrider, who pursues vengeance on an enemy from his past while confined to Revendreth for the crimes he committed in life.

Guess Blizzard wants to shit on Kael more.
How's that shitting on him? Looks like they're redeeming him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:47 AM

Eternal

Guess I spoke too soon. I just found out Revendreth is WoW Purgatory.

In any case, is Sylvanas really gungho with the Jailer or is she gonna pull an Azshara?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
After reading a reddit post I have an idea that the Jailer is the original source of the Lich King's power. Demons aren't known for mastery of undeath, but the Nathrezim do like to delve where they really shouldn't. They were basically void cultists before they joined the Legion after all. So they dig around in the Shadowlands, find the Jailer, and essentially steal fire from the gods, siphoning his powers while using his command of the undead as a blueprint for their own Lich King.
The jailer does use a helm (or has a head, who knows) that looks a lot like the Helm of Domination.

Maybe they'll use one of the Arthas Lich King concept arts for him? The one in which Arthas body fused with his armor?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).