Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Already done, look it up.
Was it decent the idea of it sounds awesome but i could see how it could be fucked up . I wonder if that character will appear in Convergence which is quite awesome depending on which ones you buy .

Run
Old 05-03-2015, 11:46 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Was it decent the idea of it sounds awesome but i could see how it could be fucked up . I wonder if that character will appear in Convergence which is quite awesome depending on which ones you buy .
It was a standalone Elseworld story. Haven't read it myself but they've done A TON of those with Batman. Because Batman is love. Batman is life.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
It was a standalone Elseworld story. Haven't read it myself but they've done A TON of those with Batman. Because Batman is love. Batman is life.
Batman's biggest weakness is Bruce Wayne not he character himself but how DC seem scared to get rid of him for a long time.

Run
Old 05-03-2015, 12:01 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
But it's not how the majority of the humans view or treat Superman, especially after he showed his power.
He had already chosen to be a hero by then, which shows that he cares about mankind. Unless you are suggesting that he should give up, there's no reason why he should simply disregard human lives.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Batman's biggest weakness is Bruce Wayne not he character himself but how DC seem scared to get rid of him for a long time.
I really don't like legacy characters to be honest. They kinda work every now and then but i tend to not look at heros as archetypes but as people. If you stick Dick Grayson into the Batman costume he doesn't turn into Batman in my head, it's just Dick Grayson wearing Batman cosplay. Batman in particular has the problem of being such a psychotic character that any halfway sane person wearing the costume just plain doesn't work as a replacement. If anyone ever truely takes over for a dead Bruce the book should run under Detective Comics and the character should take on his or her own hero identity.

But then again that will never happen because we can't kill off comic characters now, can we.
Meanwhile Cairne is still dead from having died off screen.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
One of the only Elseworld stories I remember reading was Batman reinterpreted as 1940's film noir. It was good (I think it was called Nine Lives, or something).

The best possible venue for a re-imagined Batman would be the Weimar Republic, of course. DC did kind of a mini-Elseworld comic on that, but they shoved it in the back of a graphic novel. Shame, really, because it deserved the full treatment.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 05-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
I really don't like legacy characters to be honest. They kinda work every now and then but i tend to not look at heros as archetypes but as people. If you stick Dick Grayson into the Batman costume he doesn't turn into Batman in my head, it's just Dick Grayson wearing Batman cosplay. Batman in particular has the problem of being such a psychotic character that any halfway sane person wearing the costume just plain doesn't work as a replacement. If anyone ever truely takes over for a dead Bruce the book should run under Detective Comics and the character should take on his or her own hero identity.

But then again that will never happen because we can't kill off comic characters now, can we.
Meanwhile Cairne is still dead from having died off screen.
Legacy characters really underscore how those characters are their powers first and the personal element second. If you expect your audience to just accept anyone who puts on a magic green ring as Green Lantern, then why should we give a fuck about anything they do besides making a big green fist to punch asteroids with?
Old 05-03-2015, 12:56 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The point is that Superman isn't human. He lacks the biological and psychological attachments to humanity that we require to be part of a cohesive social unit.
You're discounting the part where he obviously wants to bone Lois Lane, and thus he has *some* attachment to humanity.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:38 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
He had already chosen to be a hero by then, which shows that he cares about mankind. Unless you are suggesting that he should give up, there's no reason why he should simply disregard human lives.
Did mankind care about him? If they do there would be no BVS.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Whether humans care or not doesn't matter. If he lets their opinion affect him he's no longer the hero Superman that we know. He's not Batman, who wants revenge. He's Superman, the man who cares.

Maybe you would be disheartened by critics, but we're talking about what he would do and not about ourselves and what we'd do. If Omacron were Superman he would do things differently and give a crap about humans, but Omacron isn't Superman.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Mankind cared about Clark Kent, the person he identifies as, and that's ultimately what matters.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:17 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Mankind cared about Clark Kent, the person he identifies as, and that's ultimately what matters.
But not Kal El, many viewed him as a monster or false god, not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Whether humans care or not doesn't matter. If he lets their opinion affect him he's no longer the hero Superman that we know. He's not Batman, who wants revenge. He's Superman, the man who cares.

Maybe you would be disheartened by critics, but we're talking about what he would do and not about ourselves and what we'd do. If Omacron were Superman he would do things differently and give a crap about humans, but Omacron isn't Superman.
It does matter. Why should he help those who didn't like him? He should teach them to learn to help themselves against something like Brainiac or Darkseid rather than spending their effort on taking down Superman.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 05-03-2015 at 02:22 PM..
Old 05-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
So, I'm about to go so this movie. So hyped up the wazoo...
Nein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:01 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
You're discounting the part where he obviously wants to bone Lois Lane, and thus he has *some* attachment to humanity.
You've obviously never heard of Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:06 PM

Loremaster

One thing article glosses over is that if his involuntary movements were subject to his powers the same way his deliberate actions are, he'd already be maiming and killing people every time he blinks.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
One thing article glosses over is that if his involuntary movements were subject to his powers the same way his deliberate actions are, he'd already be maiming and killing people every time he blinks.
You're getting him confused with Cyclops.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:17 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
You're getting him confused with Cyclops.
Not at all. The sheer force of air projecting from Clark Kent's eyelids slamming shut should be launching his glasses across the room bone-crushing force.

Of course, in the same vein, his tear ducks should also be so much more powerful that their secretion of moisture would have his eyes ejecting a perpetual stream forcibly forward at all times.

Moreover, if his muscles are all that strong, then on the rare occasion that someone's powerful enough to make him bleed, his body should be emptied of blood within seconds as his superpowered heart forces it out through the wound under tens of thousands of pounds of pressure with each pulse.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Moreover, if his muscles are all that strong, then on the rare occasion that someone's powerful enough to make him bleed, his body should be emptied of blood within seconds as his superpowered heart forces it out through the wound under tens of thousands of pounds of pressure with each pulse.
Wasn't Krypton a comparatively high-gravity world to Earth? I'd imagine he'd actually be at risk of decompression under normal circumstances if everything wasn't kept in by his tactile telekinesis.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:34 PM

Banished

Don't be too serious on a Superhero movie's setting.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Don't be too serious on a Superhero movie's setting.
Shut up, Bieber
Old 05-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Banished

I don't like JB at all.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why should he help those who didn't like him?
I don't think you understand the basic concept of heroism. For someone who spends as much time sperging about X-Men characters as you do, I'd think "protect weaker people even if they say mean things about you" would be something you'd comprehend.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 PM

World Builder

Just got back from the movie, enjoyed it

Wished they'd done a bit more to explain why Ultron decided to wipe out all of humanity

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

Wished they'd done a bit more to explain why Ultron decided to wipe out all of humanity
Buried in that flash-montage where Ultron is learning about everything was that scene in The Fifth Element when Leeloo space-googles the word "war."
Old 05-03-2015, 06:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

He wanted to save the world by killing the cancer that is the Humans starting with the Avengers. When heroes start forming groups things always get worse and he had a sense aliens would come attack Earth again just as Stark did. That is why they made the parallels between this Ultron and Stark throughout the movie with Scarlet Witch basically saying they were as bad as each other.

I think Scarlet Witch will start to have feeling for Cap in Civil War.

Run

Tags
cartoons, entertainment