Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 11:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
You scream about diversity and yet you spew fat-shaming out of your mouths.

But they aren't hideously obese humanitees. They are just EXTRA THICC and muscley. People "fat-shaming" over this shows that they are low test. Kul Tiran women are pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 03-23-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-23-2018, 11:32 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
But they aren't hideously obese humanitees. They are just EXTRA THICC and muscley. People "fat-shaming" over this shows that they are low test. Kul Tiran women are pretty.
Precisely.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:03 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I can see them benefit from some of the hugelargeass-er shoulder pads.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:45 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Is disliking the models or not being completely satisfied with them really fat-shaming? I would've thought that it takes more than just having different preferences in order to consider a statement fat-shaming.

I mean, out of the resent comments I've seen in this thread, I would actually say that yours comes closest to fat-shaming, Ganishka. (Sorry.) The bolded part, to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Old 03-24-2018, 05:24 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Wtf is fat shaming? My tumblr vocabulary is low

Also they are video game characters and fully
And forced diversity in vidya is shit and very tiresome especially when it retcon or is forced down your throat

Blizzard as a company is forcing it but without derailing I will just say it is bad and blizzards way of doing it is an extreme put at an extreme, so extreme square.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:51 AM

Since you care so much about the genders of the racial leaders, why don't you make a list of all the playable races' racial leaders over the years? I'm sure you'll find out that the world of Azeroth is not dominated by women. Oh, and don't forget to count Grommash too, given that Geya'rah is only one of his officers.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:56 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Is disliking the models or not being completely satisfied with them really fat-shaming? I would've thought that it takes more than just having different preferences in order to consider a statement fat-shaming.

I mean, out of the resent comments I've seen in this thread, I would actually say that yours comes closest to fat-shaming, Ganishka. (Sorry.) The bolded part, to be precise.
You must be blind to the posts clearly expressing their concerns as to how much fatness is acceptable in a playable 'action hero' playable model

And also how much visible muscles (ie how low of a fat percentage) is also acceptable
Old 03-24-2018, 06:13 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I dislike the female Kul Tiran models because they look low res and not up to par with their male counterparts.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:15 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

I know plenty of fat people who are more or an athlete than someone in shape
Old 03-24-2018, 06:21 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:

It's still showing on SoL but i'm mainly referring to stuff i read on, say, MMO-Champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
I know plenty of fat people who are more or an athlete than someone in shape
We kind of have to. What normal sized people don't even think about turns into a lot of physical stress for us. A flight of stairs? Eh, okay. Two? Feet hurt, but still fine. Three? I start sweating. That's because it's A LOT of physical work to propell a body like that upwarts. We also have to be more flexible than other people because, not to gross anyone out too much, cleaning and washing yourself isn't all that easy when your back doesn't really turn. And yet it has to be done. So you do it. And it turns into work.

There's a reason why your genetic memory still thinks a fatass is an imposing figure in a fight: we have - we NEED - the muscles to move US around, which means we're generally strong enough to THROW YOU around. Otherwise we reach our endgame of laying in a bed all day because we can't move anymore.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 03-24-2018 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 06:39 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
As a former fatass who lost 27kg fat shaming is not only funny but healthy. Nobody likes fat people, they tolerate them. And unless you're fat yourself why are you being offended on behalf of fat people lol
See post #4541
Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
You must be blind to the posts clearly expressing their concerns as to how much fatness is acceptable in a playable 'action hero' playable model

And also how much visible muscles (ie how low of a fat percentage) is also acceptable
Deicide could have worded his posts more carefully, but the core message of them is that the Kul Tiran models do not fit his fantasy of a hero or a monster hunter, which the Kul Tirans were described as. He is not making derisive comments about (slightly) obese people.

@Smoke: Please don't be that guy.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
See post #4541
''It's different so it's good'' doesn't work. Nor does going into extremes by replacing muscled characters with obese redneck truckers. Plus sailors like the KT don't tend to be that fat due to all the work involved on the ship. Maybe captains and such but the grunts are almost always skinny af.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 03-24-2018 at 06:54 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 06:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Deicide could have worded his posts more carefully, but the core message of them is that the Kul Tiran models do not fit his fantasy of a hero or a monster hunter, which the Kul Tirans were described as. He is not making derisive comments about (slightly) obese people.

@Smoke: Please don't be that guy.
Wording carefully is a tad hard when you have a limited vocabulary.

I never fat-shamed anyone. But body types are a reflex of lifestyles. Sure, there's genetics and age involted: older people will usually acumulate more excess fat; some people often get fat way easier than others.

But someone who's constantly working out will usually be fitter than someone who doesn't, it's simple. Sure, you can have large people doing fits of strength, like carrying crates or beating other people up, but they often won't to do so for long periods (and if their lifestyle requires them to do so often, they'd lose fat).

If WoW allowed us to select body type from the get-go, it wouldn't be a problem. IMO, there should be fat, thin, agile and muscular body types for humans already. But, since there's this "one body to represent the whole race", I do find it weird that they chose a fatter model to represent a group of (supposed) monster hunters. I'd rather have larger, sturdy bodies.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
''It's different so it's good'' doesn't work. Nor does going into extremes by replacing muscled characters with obese redneck truckers.
Having them using vrykul models would be yet another step towards keeping Warcraft in the western comic book cultural aesthetics domain.

Recent developments, such as the Siege of Lordaeron and the Death Knight questline, have shown their interest in driving the franchise towards other directions.

Quote:
But someone who's constantly working out will usually be fitter than someone who doesn't, it's simple. Sure, you can have large people doing fits of strength, like carrying crates or beating other people up, but they often won't to do so for long periods (and if their lifestyle requires them to do so often, they'd lose fat).
You don't understand how fatness percentage and musculature work.

Last edited by Krainz; 03-24-2018 at 07:00 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 07:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
Having them using vrykul models would be yet another step towards keeping Warcraft in the western comic book cultural aesthetics domain.

Recent developments, such as the Siege of Lordaeron and the Death Knight questline, have shown their interest in driving the franchise towards other directions.
What direction, the game is still very comic book-ish and over the top. The only different thing that stands out is Drustvar which is just a Witcher zone rip-off.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:02 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
What direction, the game is still very comic book-ish and over the top. The only different thing that stands out is Drustvar which is just a Witcher zone rip-off.
We will never agree if you see the paladin-death knight conflict and the whole reraising of Daumyr as pending more towards comicbook culture, aesthetics and storytelling.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
We will never agree if you see the paladin-death knight conflict and the whole reraising of Daumyr as pending more towards comicbook culture, aesthetics and storytelling.
Comics are a very diverse medium despite the superhero scene dominating it. The stuff DK's do isn't that deep nor different than superheroes killing each other for shock value in an event. Just a few months back you had Marvel turning Captain America into a nazi, executing people and sending characters to concentration camps.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 03-24-2018 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 07:44 AM

Banished

The stuff in the dk campaign is just weird definetly not deep or having any big impacts they were taking dead people and raising them as undead. The only problem is that it wasnt necessary because the legion got their asses kicked by 16 year old panda girls.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:52 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
How so? I'm genuinely curious. As far as I see it, the Siege of Lordaeron is just a massive crossover event, like Marvel's own "The Siege" (of Asgard).
Old 03-24-2018, 08:00 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
How so? I'm genuinely curious. As far as I see it, the Siege of Lordaeron is just a massive crossover event, like Marvel's own "The Siege" (of Asgard).
The Siege of Lordaeron implies in the Horde losing Lordaeron, with its current ruler being the very same person who rules the losing faction.

It's a huge blow.

If the Alliance (hopefully) secures it for good, then that becomes a permanent, major loss to the Horde. Comic books are known for their culture of not perpetuating losses, especially heavy ones.

The very same goes for Teldrassil.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:11 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Kul Tiran women look like Amy Schumer.

As a former fatass who lost 27kg fat shaming is not only funny but healthy. Nobody likes fat people, they tolerate them. And unless you're fat yourself why are you being offended on behalf of fat people lol
I have to agree with this - though perhaps not as viscerally. Once upon a time, I was 90lbs (About 40.5 kg) heavier than I am now. I finally said "enough", cleaned up my diet, I read up on exactly how many calories I should be having (there's a window. Women should not go below 1,200 per day, Men should not go below 1,500), counted my calories, measured my weight every day, and stuck to a regular exercise routine (20 minutes of cardio a day is all you need). I feel and look the best I ever have, I don't get sick nearly as often, and I've certainly added years to my life. It's liberating as well to feel in control of how much I weigh, and I still track my weight every day to keep things the way they are - because I'm not going back.

If you are overweight and reading this by the way, that's how I did it. It really is a math equation, and if you keep it up for a couple weeks (your body will at first resist), you will see the needle move in a positive direction. It's not impossible, and it will happen faster than you think.

That may not have happened if not for social cues (call it "fat shaming" if you must) telling me to do the work and fix myself. There is also nothing healthy or natural about humankind's sugar-fueled expansion trend (side note, if you are trying to lose weight, cutting sugar does more for you than anything else). It costs the US 147 billion a year and is tied to the country's leading causes of death. (https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html)

Can and should you have empathy for those who are overweight? Sure, but unless they really are the victim of a rare body disease that prevents them from losing weight (odds are they are not), we should be encouraging them to take steps to lose weight and show them how to do it. We certainly shouldn't be holding up overweight body types as models to aspire to, engaging in Megan Trainor-esque outbursts of tall poppy syndrome, or treating obesity like an immutable characteristic. All of those things are unhelpful, and they're encouraging people to continue making decisions that will leave their lives miserable, unhealthy, unfulfilling, and short.

So, for those pulling the "fat shaming" card on the critique of Kul Tiran humans, you have my answer. I don't think you're malicious, but you are misguided and you are doing damage.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 03-24-2018 at 08:14 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 08:15 AM

Banished

Kul tiran women are fat.

About as fat as those american actor comedians you see when they have shitty movies on tv or adam sandler movies.

yeah that one where he is dating gwyneth paltrow but she is super fat. but he sees her as gwyneth paltrow.

Same goes for the men.

They are also fat, but their model shows them as more strengthy instead of looking like Gabriel iglesias.

Kul tiran women look like Amy schumer or Rebel wilson or Melissa mccarthy.

The men look like that #metoo guy but more muscular.

Last edited by Gurzog; 03-24-2018 at 08:19 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 08:16 AM

Troubadour

What, playable races are desired role models to be inspired in?

Someone tell that to the Forsaken and Pandaren, urgently!
Old 03-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
-snip-
Well said

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft