Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You seem defensive about this.
Whats to defend?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

My god do you all collectively just get your underoos in a bunch these days over everything.

I stand by my statement, yes a total lack of voice lines at first impression doesn't give an impression of the personality you are defending, which based upon 3 lines of dialogue is devoid of personality.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You seem defensive about this.
I'm voicing a pretty mild disagreement
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-04-2017, 01:17 PM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

A PTR push yesterday added several voicelines.

"Current outlook: optimal."

"Do you need a hug?"

"Efi will not be happy about this..."

"Error 404: sarcasm module not found."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that."

"Medical assistance has been requested."

"Would you like my analysis of the situation?"

"No parking."

"Shine your eyes."

"That does not compute."

In addition, she has a skin that makes her look identical to the standard OR-15s, including the original less-expressive face.

To a vast extent, she does feel like an homage to Baymax. This actually fits into the more positive and hopeful future vibe that Team 4's been going for with Overwatch, since that's something Big Hero 6 also flexed to a certain extent.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Shine yours eyes?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Mending Mending is offline

Sentinel Queen
Mending's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 954

Default

It's the Nigerian pidgin equivalent of, "open your eyes."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
It's the Nigerian pidgin equivalent of, "open your eyes."
Neat, how's it used colloquially?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:53 PM
handclaw handclaw is offline


handclaw's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,338

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
A PTR push yesterday added several voicelines.

"Current outlook: optimal."

"Do you need a hug?"

"Efi will not be happy about this..."

"Error 404: sarcasm module not found."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that."

"Medical assistance has been requested."

"Would you like my analysis of the situation?"

"No parking."

"Shine your eyes."

"That does not compute."

In addition, she has a skin that makes her look identical to the standard OR-15s, including the original less-expressive face.

To a vast extent, she does feel like an homage to Baymax. This actually fits into the more positive and hopeful future vibe that Team 4's been going for with Overwatch, since that's something Big Hero 6 also flexed to a certain extent.
Little note on that one: that voice line actually has a few variations.
  • Current Outlook: Optimal
  • Current Outlook: Negative
  • Current Outlook: Concerning
  • Current Outlook: Uncertain
  • Current Outlook: Slight chance of rain (Rare.)
__________________


I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:51 PM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Little note on that one: that voice line actually has a few variations.
  • Current Outlook: Optimal
  • Current Outlook: Negative
  • Current Outlook: Concerning
  • Current Outlook: Uncertain
  • Current Outlook: Slight chance of rain (Rare.)
the best handclaw
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Really surprised they haven't patched her in yet, today being Tuesday and the current time being 3. If shes honestly up on the PTR for 3 weeks when Ana and Sombra were only up for 1 she must have some serious issues...
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-15-2017, 06:41 AM
Joeygiggles Joeygiggles is offline

Arch-Druid
Joeygiggles's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,150
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Really surprised they haven't patched her in yet, today being Tuesday and the current time being 3. If shes honestly up on the PTR for 3 weeks when Ana and Sombra were only up for 1 she must have some serious issues...
It isnt only Orisa they are looking at they are putting in other changes to the other heroes. Its obvious they are taking a new approach to the PTR with more testing given the Bastion backlash
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:36 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
It isnt only Orisa they are looking at they are putting in other changes to the other heroes. Its obvious they are taking a new approach to the PTR with more testing given the Bastion backlash
There may also be an element where they didn't want to introduce her when people are still doing placements for Season 4. Her introduction is going to be very disruptive and that would screw up a lot of players.

They have announced that she's getting patched in on the 21st (next Tuesday) so the wait is nearly over.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard tf2, characters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.