Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
And this all comes back to my original point.

Why the hell does this have to be in Stromgarde?

What's next, gonna be taking... Kul Tiras I guess? Is that the only capital city left from before the Second War that isn't contested/neutral/conquered?
Kul'tiras is a country.

its capital is Boralus I think.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Urth Urth is offline

Eternal
Urth's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,914

Default

Kul Tiras will probably be a raid or another Quel'Danas.

As for Stromgarde, I don't have an answer for you. Cantus is making up a game to rewrite and add something significant to Arathi Highlands. I'm just playing along.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
RobLore RobLore is offline

Eternal
RobLore's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden!
Posts: 4,164

Default

I could see Kul Tiras as one of the entry zones (the other one being Kezan) for a Great Sea expansion (its still very possible and would be coherent with cataclysm).

As for Stromgarde and the Arathi Zone in general, I think that the first thing you see as Alliance in Arathi is that the Refuge Point ravine has collapsed and that it is filled with different kinds of Earth elementals.
Having nothing left in Refuge Point, you are sent to participate in the Battle of Stromgarde where already the Forsaken are fighting against the Alliance over control of the city. You have to assit Galen and Danath Trollbane there and you manage to defend the city at a terrible price. The Forsaken succeed in killing Galen and then the Val'kyr come to raise him along with Trol'kalar itself. The Forsaken remenants retreat to Galen's Fall though some stay in the area around the tower area (and the tower is kinda half-ruined).
The Forsaken quests start with sending you to Stromgarde aswell but the outcome is the same and Stromgarde becomes the main Alliance base with Danath in charge of it.

General Arathi Highlands quest ideas
* The Horde has Galen's Fall and Hammerfall. The Alliance has Stromgarde in the west and Quel'Isera in the east (a REAL High elven lodge that uses the same model as the farstrider retreat in eversong) around the Troll area.
* Blood elves in Hammerfall invite the High elves of Quel'Isera back to Quel'thalas and the Horde, but the High elves say they will never side with the Horde since they burned down Quel'thalas and have the Forsaken in them now.
* You are sent to investigate what caused the earthquake at the old Refuge Point since it happened after the Cataclysm. This leads to a long zone-spanning questline where you talk to an Azotha spirit about the Elemental shrines in Arathi and in the end it leads to Myzrael who was the one responsible for razing Refuge Point. The Twilights Hammer, who hide in the Ogre mounds, are going to use her to raze the walls of Stromgarde but you stop her before it happens.
* Faldirs Cove is filled with Alliance ships and reinforcements from Stormwind and Horde quests send you there to bomb the ships and plague the supplies.

I am very suprised they did not do more with Arathi Highlands and it has extremly high potential in being a "Cataclysm" zone with Myzrael and all the Elementals + the Stromgarde plot.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Rashid Rashid is offline

Arch-Druid
Rashid's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,448

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
I am very suprised they did not do more with Arathi Highlands and it has extremly high potential in being a "Cataclysm" zone with Myzrael and all the Elementals + the Stromgarde plot.
I'm with you on this. Her questline even had that crazy doomsday prophet, and Cataclysm finally gives some credence to his rantings. I like the idea about the Twilight Hammer trying to use her as a siege engine against Stromgarde... it would definitely be a cool sight
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Sports72Xtrm Sports72Xtrm is offline

Eternal
Sports72Xtrm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,688

Default

Maybe they should just scap Stormgrade city as a questing hub and make it an Urban battleground that Gilneas City was supposed to be. Make it like capture the flag only have the flag can be Tro'kalar or something. And then just revamp the zones outside the city to give it more buildings and bases to be the questing hub.
__________________
Dis my Jam
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,550
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

I think the current Trol'kalar questline is definitive, and I think there are better "trophies" than Trol'kalar itself.

Also, we already have Arathi Basin for the PvP in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
And this all comes back to my original point.

Why the hell does this have to be in Stromgarde?

What's next, gonna be taking... Kul Tiras I guess? Is that the only capital city left from before the Second War that isn't contested/neutral/conquered?
This.

If you want a neutral city, then ok, make a neutral city.

But don't desecrate Alliance cities for that.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
CaptFalcon CaptFalcon is offline

Faerie Dragon
CaptFalcon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 142

Default

I like my idea better.

Either that or Lon-ami's idea were Stromgarde is divided into three sections. Alliance gets the keep part, Horde gets the part where the Stromgarde defenders used to be and the Syndicate get the section that has the tower of Arathor.
__________________
"Don't mess wit da bad guy."
- Troll Headhunter

My totally awesome Stromgarde/Arathi idea.
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...555#post232555

Last edited by CaptFalcon; 10-06-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Lothar

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Stromgarde? It's a footnote human kingdom that hasn't been relevant in ages. It's hardly fair comparing a reclamation of Stromgarde with the ones at Gnomeregan or the Echo Isles, those two places were already far more popular and known about than Stromgarde ever was. I really doubt that Blizzard is going to devote a significant amount of time into some event at the city.

And now that the Goblins and Worgen have lost their homelands, they're far more likely candidates to get a "reclaiming" event than Stromgarde.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Moonrunner Moonrunner is offline

Demon Hunter
Moonrunner's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montpellier
Posts: 497

Default

Oh because goblins didn't have build a great harbor in Azshara ?

Bilgewater harbor = Gilneas city Gilneas still belongs to the Alliance.

And Kezan will be the Kul'tiras Horde counterpart I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,018

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
Oh because goblins didn't have build a great harbor in Azshara ?

Bilgewater harbor = Gilneas city Gilneas still belongs to the Alliance.

And Kezan will be the Kul'tiras Horde counterpart I guess.
Uhh... what?

Bilgewater = Quest Hub in a Horde zone.

Gilneas City is... abandoned. That's not a good parallel to Bilgewater at all. Now maybe something in Duskwood... but even then.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Sports72Xtrm Sports72Xtrm is offline

Eternal
Sports72Xtrm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,688

Default

It's still the beta. Who knows with the implementation of breadcrumbs and portals maybe Gilneas City will be a Alliace quest hub as well. Didn't Metzen say they would revisit it in like later quests or something like that.
__________________
Dis my Jam
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Kul'tiras is a country.

its capital is Boralus I think.
Whatever, my point still stands. No one has yet to provide a reason why a neutral city or Halaa-like area can't be new, and not a previously Alliance city.

And no, "Stromgarde isn't even relevant bluh bluh" doesn't count.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Whatever, my point still stands. No one has yet to provide a reason why a neutral city or Halaa-like area can't be new, and not a previously Alliance city.

And no, "Stromgarde isn't even relevant bluh bluh" doesn't count.
But it is irrelevant. When was the last time it had a significant input into the overall story of the game? It would be completely random for Blizzard to turn Stromgarde into some kind of new Shattrath of Dalaran. It's like saying Blizzard will turn Alterac into a major questing hub. It's not gonna happen. If anywhere is going to get that treatment, Gilneas and Kezan are far more likely candidates than just another cookie cutter human kingdom that barely anyone outside this forum knows or cares about.

And I thought Halaa was deemed to be a failure from Blizzard's point-of-view anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
It would be completely random for Blizzard to turn Stromgarde into some kind of new Shattrath of Dalaran. It's like saying Blizzard will turn Alterac into a major questing hub. It's not gonna happen.
You could say the same thing about Azshara. The fact Blizzard haven't done anything important with it yet isn't a reason that they should never ever do anything important with it.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

The difference between Azshara and Arathi is that Blizz ALWAYS wanted to do something with Azshara but never got the chance, whereas Arathi isn't a glaring flaw. It's not great, but it's serviceable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Oh, well then in that case I'll just shuffle into line. If Blizzard doesn't want to do anything with Arathi, no point in talking about it huh?
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,550
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

I'll repeat it again:

-Alliance settlements: 1
-Horde settlements: 2

If we want this to be fair, Alliance needs a new settlement in the zone.

What's the perfect place? the place where there already are Alliance NPCs: Stromgarde.

Stromgarde is Alliance, neutrality doesn't make sense, and Horde capturing it isn't fair, because number of settlements above.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,018

Default

Quote:
It's still the beta. Who knows with the implementation of breadcrumbs and portals maybe Gilneas City will be a Alliace quest hub as well. Didn't Metzen say they would revisit it in like later quests or something like that.
Well, considering they're not even going to be improving Silithus, Dustwallow or Arathi, and Gilneas was going to be a battleground... uhh... well I HOPE they don't make it a quest hub for Alliance if they're not going to finish that other stuff.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
CaptFalcon CaptFalcon is offline

Faerie Dragon
CaptFalcon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I'll repeat it again:

-Alliance settlements: 1
-Horde settlements: 2

If we want this to be fair, Alliance needs a new settlement in the zone.

What's the perfect place? the place where there already are Alliance NPCs: Stromgarde.

Stromgarde is Alliance, neutrality doesn't make sense, and Horde capturing it isn't fair, because number of settlements above.
One of the Horde settlements mentioned above is just a tiny camp.

Just sayin'
__________________
"Don't mess wit da bad guy."
- Troll Headhunter

My totally awesome Stromgarde/Arathi idea.
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...555#post232555
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Fordragon Fordragon is offline

Elune
Fordragon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Furillo, Furillo Province, Grand Duchy of Furillo
Posts: 5,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFalcon View Post
One of the Horde settlements mentioned above is just a tiny camp.

Just sayin'


And Refuge Pointe is some tents and vendors in a ravine.
__________________
"Damn, snowcone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch? You best be ready for this shit, Cranberry Juice, cuz you bout to get FUCKED." -L Dubba E
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,660

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
And Refuge Pointe is some tents and vendors in a ravine.
A sexy ravine.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFalcon View Post
One of the Horde settlements mentioned above is just a tiny camp.

Just sayin'
Why do you insist on acting like a troll, and yet claim you are not?
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Ok, I'm not even going to respond directly to your claims, I'm simply going to tear down the very core of your argument.

You believe the Alliance has more of a right to Stromgarde than the Horde. You believe the Alliance has more of a right to Arathi than the Horde. You fucking hate the Horde.

There is nothing in any of your comments that speaks to your trying to improve the idea I've put up, only tear it down completely and invoke your own beliefs. You are not creating conversation here, you are merely attempting to represent your own interests to the detriment of the game and its players. I say this because your interactions across the forum have all been so horrifically pro-Alliance it detracts from your argument.

So now I get to respond in the most hostile manner possible because, unlike the WoW forums, I don't ban people (everyone's right to speak is important) I just humiliate them (criticism of irresponsible speech is more important.)

************************************************** **

You speak to me of Galen's opinions. You tell me he must hate those who killed him and asked that he kill his brethren. And yet...he goes along with killing his brethren anyway. He doesn't decline and say "No thanks, I'll just join the Argent Crusade or one of the other innumerable factions that populate this world," no he has you kill his brothers and sisters.

You tell me Danath is a mindless brute who doesn't understand the meaning of loyalty, honor, or especially of politics. Yet you tell me he would be a good king capable of ruling Stromgarde for the Alliance.

You even have the gall to call me biased as you say that an entire faction be removed from the territory without a second thought to the player base (and its previous reactions) much less to the game. You speak to me, but you do not speak from a position of providing for the game, you speak only of providing to your own precious and imagined world. You are not advancing the storyline for anyone but the image of Warcraft you jack off to in whatever little hovel you call a home. You see this as your personal world, your personal character, your little action figures that must do as you say. You see Warcraft as your escape from reality, a history you share in, a secret kingship you desire over an entire universe that isn't even real.

It's embarassing.

You cannot sit here and speak to me of Galen's intentions when you watch him slaughter his brethren for a sword that's supposedly no longer even his to claim. I can give you a thousand reasons why this is a legitimate response to his position, and yet you tell me again and again that no reason works because your definition of his character is the right one.

Fuck off.

It's Blizzard's character to do as they please. I can offer reasons for his ascension into the highest ranks of the Forsaken. I can speak to why he should kill himself right now and end the curse of undeath. I could promote the idea that instead of surviving, Danath kills him and takes the crown.

Instead I realized that's only going to make his short life in the story worthless. I realized that Danath himself would be suddenly the worst sort of one-dimensional fool and immediately characterized as terribly as other newer heroes have. Neither deserves this fate.

Yet you encourage me to think one-dimensionally anyway. You say "that's not the way I see it, because my opinion is based on shit I don't even know about and will spout off anyway." Who the fuck are you to tell anyone about a character's motivations? Are you a Blizzard quest designer? Are you a famous fan-fiction writer? Do you even know how to write fiction?

Galen has one questline and you choose to promote him as a racist bastard who hasn't learned from his life and death. You choose to remove all trace of reason from anyone and just throw player interest aside.

Maybe you're a literary genius. Or maybe you're just another punk who RP's as the half-son of Bolvar who inherits the Frozen Throne. I'm inclined to think the latter.

Grow the fuck up and learn to respect the game for those who play it instead of the fantasies you concoct as you cry yourself to sleep at night.


Ahem...

Wow sucks ass, it really is true,

I've found it better,

to play some TF2!

And yes! Unlike you!

I'm way better at pwning noobs!

Because I play better games.

And it really is a shame.

Because might as well,

have been written by Micheal bay,

So I am here to say,

That you really suck,

And you are a dumn fuck,

Who lives in a cave,

and has never been laid,

That is a shame.

But not reaaaally!

Chorus:

WoW sucks, yes it does.

Graphics gameplay and writing!

WoW sucks, it really does.

Why don't you play something fun?

And less of a shitty fuck!

WoW is dumb, I must say,

you grind all day,

and you waste all night,

Skill level is ass,

Why do you ask?

OHHHHH

Beeeecaauuse!

it takes no thoooought!

You might as weeeell!

smash a keybooooaaard!

Graphics, look from '96!!

Every thing loooook!

Like a retarded fiiiish!!!

And STORRRY...

well.

Let's just say Mario Bros is ahead of the curve compared to WoW.

SOOOOOO


WoW licks ballsack, hairy and green

It really is so shittyyy...

Only idiots play this weeklyyyy...

I'm off to sap some sentriees...

SO SEE YOU HELL, YA NERDY FUCKS!
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

...and that new arrivals is the horror that, if you are compared to it, should encourage you to be a better and more rational poster. Observe how the obsession with the purity and glory of the Alliance plus the pro-Horde changes in Cataclysm have rendered it a blithering madman and failed lyricist
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.