Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
We did try to reason with Balthazar. He left us little choice.
We simply said NO YOU CAN'T KILL THE DRAGON instead of "let's make sure the magic energy won't flow out".

Now Kralkatorrik has become the big problem and the weapon was destroyed by us.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:29 PM

World Builder

This news about the gods abandoning the world is SUPER lame :[

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-23-2017, 05:54 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Now I'm done with the story, the rest is just get the elite spec and its weapon collection done.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:06 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Man, these gods sure are disappointing. Didn't even bother to try finding a new world for their chosen people.
Makes sense really. Dwayna and Melandru are the only ones who've ever really been showing having close ties to humans in the past and Kormir has always been a useless cunt. She's just continuing her GW1 tradition.

One thing I'm beginning to like about GW lore is how humans are slipping into bottom of the totem pole. They've lost their dominance and influence over the world and now their gods. They're still holding on, but with how the Charr, Asura, and Sylvari have been rising they aren't the major players they used to be. It's neat to see when it's generally the opposite where humans are steadily overtaking the other races to reach the top of the totem pole. I really hope they do a storyline where the news about the gods fucking off spreads and incites mass hysteria in humanity.

Last edited by Yorenec; 09-23-2017 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 07:20 PM

World Builder

Feels like a massive screw-up given two dragons are already dead by mortals, and it doesn't jive with the gods prior behavior imo

I mean seriously Dwayna ought to help on principle

Grenth should've been pissed at zhaitan, melandru at mordremoth, etc...

Them wussing out is super lame

My Worldbuilding:
Old 09-24-2017, 12:27 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Makes sense really. Dwayna and Melandru are the only ones who've ever really been showing having close ties to humans in the past and Kormir has always been a useless cunt. She's just continuing her GW1 tradition.

One thing I'm beginning to like about GW lore is how humans are slipping into bottom of the totem pole. They've lost their dominance and influence over the world and now their gods. They're still holding on, but with how the Charr, Asura, and Sylvari have been rising they aren't the major players they used to be. It's neat to see when it's generally the opposite where humans are steadily overtaking the other races to reach the top of the totem pole. I really hope they do a storyline where the news about the gods fucking off spreads and incites mass hysteria in humanity.
Aren't GW2's meant to be its elves? The once powerful, magical race that has lost most of its power and is barely holding on to what little they could preserve?

What I liked is that Glint had a plan that may actually lead to a new golden age of magic. Maybe the Jotun may survive!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Aren't GW2's meant to be its elves? The once powerful, magical race that has lost most of its power and is barely holding on to what little they could preserve?

What I liked is that Glint had a plan that may actually lead to a new golden age of magic. Maybe the Jotun may survive!
Yea I think I've read about them intending it to be that way.

Also I love the pvp in this game but I'm getting incredibly frustrated with it. Nobody I know who plays it really does pvp so I'm stuck solo queuing and going on 5 loss streaks because of worthless thieves and BR's on my team every game. I recently had a game where I was top offense as the support. It's fucking demoralizing.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Jein. Humans are not slipping to the bottom, but to more equal parity with the other major races. Humans were far more dominant in the past but they are not fading like elves. Not by a long shot. ArenaNet has implied that if humans got their shit together, they could stand comfortably on their own feet and rebound, even without their gods. A lot of Kryta's conflict was internal, which impaired their ability to properly deal with external threats and secure their lands. And now that both Caudacus, the White Mantle, and the centaurs have been firmly dealt with, Kryta at least should be in a much stronger position going forward in the future.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:22 PM

Jealous of my awesome power, Balthasar Bux murdered me! But I got better.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Finally got it, working on the rev one

Old 09-27-2017, 07:10 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Nice, little touches in the PoF Story in regards to five-year old character creation:
My main, the Noble Human Guardian, had picked Kormir as his patron deity way back at the launch of GW2. When she showed up in the PoF storyline, my character had voiced dialogue that acknowledged that she blessed him as a child.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Nice, little touches in the PoF Story in regards to five-year old character creation:
My main, the Noble Human Guardian, had picked Kormir as his patron deity way back at the launch of GW2. When she showed up in the PoF storyline, my character had voiced dialogue that acknowledged that she blessed him as a child.
Same thing happens if you pick the other guy.

Nothing happens if you chose any of the others.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:40 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
That is a nice touch. I don't remember every element from the background of my main character from way back when, but I appreciated the fact that they tailored your personal story according to the customized elements of your background. I wouldn't have expected them to keep being relevant (even if it's only in a fairly limited fashion) some expansions later.

Pretty sure I'd picked Grenth as my patron?
Old 09-27-2017, 06:50 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Finally got it!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:16 PM

Lumber (War3)

What do you want or Living World Season 4 to focus on? Although there are two obvious choices left over in the desert, I'd rather get some Norn lore, considering that, right now, they're the least interesting race.

Edit:
Could someone explain why the Awakened look so unnatural and why some of them look like Anubis? Was their flesh re-shaped?

Last edited by Nazja; 09-30-2017 at 08:51 AM..
Old 09-30-2017, 06:48 PM

Arch-Druid

So far I'm really enjoying the expansion. They've improved in a lot of areas that annoyed the hell out of me with HoT, and mounts are very well-implemented. My only real issue is with the springer.

First off they said when the xpack was first announced that they were making a real effort to make the maps more open-ended and moving away from the overly vertical nature of HoT maps. The problem is that while they did do that, it's not enough. Springer high vault is easily the best mastery to have(even better than griffon 3 which is pretty god damn amazing), and that's because it's the most required of all the maps. Despite their promise to make it more open-ended and less vertical, there are far more areas that can only be accessed with the springer than any other mount.

The second is turning around while on the springer. It's very annoying to try and turn it to face something directly in order to make precise jumps due to the awkward nature with which it turns about. I suspect this was done intentionally to make it more challenging, but all it really does is piss me off and consider it incredibly poor design.

The story was solid. It faltered at times and had a few low points. I don't know how to feel about the PC dying. I understand it was necessary to show how deadly Balth is and to get the idea of using the Awakened as an army, but I fear it will just be handwaved away and never made mention of despite no doubt being horrible and PTSD-inducing. There's some great opportunity here for it shaking up the PC, but I honestly don't think they'll capitalize on that.

They did well with the characters. Rytlock has always been my favorite and he shined here. I think there was some missed opportunities with Kasmeer especially re: Kormir. I still don't particularly like her, but she did grow on me here. Canach is Canach I suppose. I've never felt strongly toward him either way, but he had some good moments and banter with Rytlock. The general lack of Marvel-esque quips was very welcome(there were a few but nothing too offending), and I'm glad Taimi was kept mostly in the background after so much spotlight though there was one moment where she came to the rescue with a brilliant idea when another character could have easily taken that spot.

Compared to the final Mordremoth fight in which I nearly afked due to how stupid and boring the mechanics were, I had fun with the final Balthazar fight. The visuals of the storm brewing overhead and Kralk in the background were amazing, and it was just an overall great atmosphere. Nothing but good things to say about it aside from the occasional bullshit unavoidable CC, but with that being an overall GW2 thing it's not a real complaint.

I wonder how much longer they can drag out the Elder Dragon stuff. While I get it's the main storyline, at some point they need to take a real break from it and focus on something else for a good while. More than that is the question of how they'll end it. Assuming they stick to the Tyria gets destroyed if another one of them dies deal, I see three ways it could end with what we currently have. A way is figured out to put them all to sleep permanently or imprison them, their power is neutralized, or Aurene gets enough of a power-boost to take them all on simultaneously and becomes locked in a eternal battle to prevent them from doing any more damage. The third seems the most likely option, but you never know.

Quote:
Just before you fight the Archon, Rytlock makes a comment about mesmers being worse than elementalists. If you're an ele he adds "no offense, commander."

I thought that was a really neat touch, and probably the first reference to the PC's class I've ever noticed a major character make.

Last edited by Yorenec; 09-30-2017 at 06:52 PM..
Old 09-30-2017, 07:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
What do you want or Living World Season 4 to focus on? Although there are two obvious choices left over in the desert, I'd rather get some Norn lore, considering that, right now, they're the least interesting race.

Edit:
Could someone explain why the Awakened look so unnatural and why some of them look like Anubis? Was their flesh re-shaped?
It's possible it's explained somewhere in Vabbi. There's a ton of flavor lore there with the NPC's with the Necropolis being where they make new Awakened.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Got the Mirage Axe
Old 10-01-2017, 12:55 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Does she give any kind of explanation as to why she abandoned humanity aside from being afraid of the elder dragons you already destroyed two of?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-01-2017, 01:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Does she give any kind of explanation as to why she abandoned humanity aside from being afraid of the elder dragons you already destroyed two of?
She knows that the Gods need to be worthless and give vague reasons that they can't help since it may blow a place up. This is all while not explaining why they thought it was a good idea to chain a god up in the Mists in a random spot with zero guards.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:56 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Mirage's axes looks good

Guardian's Axe

The Gun looks cooler than I had thought

Also the lightsaber, I created a engineer to get it.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 10-01-2017 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Dyed my rev's glove and glider to red to match the gear, plus the Branded wing.

The Weaver ele was so cool!

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 10-03-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 PM

Elune

Least we can always rely on SPK to post huge ass images.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

I finally got the Geomancer glider

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 10-05-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Old 10-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Could someone knowledgeable about GW's lore tell me why these two ogre models are so distinct? It doesn't seem to be a weird case of gender-dimorphism, and as far as I can tell, these aren't two distinct ogre species.

Tags
eye of kilrog, greatest game ever, horribly grindy leveling, mmo