Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Eternal

Not gonna lie, when I was a kid, my friends and I would make fun of the Digimon people for not liking Pokemon. Shit got serious.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I liked Adventure, 02 and Tamers, but after that the premise changed too much for me to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM

Elune

The first little part of my Digimon-fanfic:

Quote:
Act I: Blood
Prologue

It was dark and quiet in the forest. The gloomy trees were casting mysterious shadows on the ground. Sometimes it appeared as if those shades were creeping closer and closer to me, but that was fortunately just optical illusion. The bits of sky that were visible through the canopy looked black and ominous, so the only source of light in this forsaken place were the glowing mushrooms I was lying on. Every limb in my body did hurt, my spine was broken. I had tried to stand up a few times, but to no avail. My thoughts were trying hard to remember what had happened. It must have been a fall or maybe a fight? But what had caused it? Where am I? Who am I? The armor I’m wearing wasn't familiar - it was much larger and heavier - and even though I couldn't turn my head around, it seemed as if I felt ten wings on my back instead of the usual six. Flying away from this place would’ve been a solution if half of them weren’t shattered. Panic started to slowly get the better of me, would I really die this way? Alone in the darkness? Like a discarded animal? Where was my friend? Then something suddenly broke the seemingly perpetual silence. Sounds were coming from the bushes nearby. “Who’s there?” I called, but no answer was given. “Show yourself or else!” I had no power left to stand toe to toe with an enemy, so I took a deep breath and prepared for certain death. Two beings emerged from the shadows and started to approach, but I passed out before they were near me.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Elune

Only got a crappy scan thus far, but the final aegiochusmon, aegiochusmon holy, got a picture in v-jump

Edit: can't paste the image in here. Go to link

And aegiochusmon dark got his full art in digimon crusader

Last edited by ijffdrie; 02-22-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 10:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Only got a crappy scan thus far, but the final aegiochusmon, aegiochusmon holy, got a picture in v-jump

Edit: can't paste the image in here. Go to link

And aegiochusmon dark got his full art in digimon crusader

Shit, I wanted to say that!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

So, Digimon Fusion, do they just ignore the whole Champion/Mega thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Kind of, yeah.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM

Elune

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon are the CHAMPIONS!

Edit: 666 posts?

Last edited by Drusus; 03-02-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Pretty much. Evolutionary levels don't exist in the setting of Xros wars/fusion, and evolution as seen in the previous series is a unique rarity that only gets seen late into the series (which I'm not sure they're actually dubbing).
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Digimon was one of that shows I was too old for when it finally got aired here. I occasionally zapped through it as a very late teenager, but my vices at the time were wrestling and One Piece. Those vices even stayed with me.

I might go do a "zap through some episodes and rekindle the memory" session again though.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:08 PM

Elune

Finalized picture of Aegiochusmon Holy:

And the new card series contains three new digimon as far as I can tell. First is gundramon (on the right):

Second and third are BaoHackmon and BelleStarrmon

Edit: Fourth one I didn't see: BantyoMamemon

Which, considering all the other ridiculous mamemons, I really should have seen coming.

Edit2: And crusader has a silly-looking mode change for jupitermon

Last edited by ijffdrie; 03-20-2014 at 08:14 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Elune

The Olympus Twelve are finally finished! Junomon is revealed!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Elune

Been trying to find this song forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Elune

I figured this name change was inevitable, and I actually like it.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:38 PM

I loved 01 and Tamers. Everything else was alright, except Savers, because it's just incredible how unlikable all of the protagonists were. Except for the girl, she was alright, and it was kind of neat that she was a lot older than the boys even if it didn't matter beyond her ability to drive a car...

I swear, that guy tried to solve every problem by punching it. And it worked. Every single time.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM

Elune

First, new digimon; Bancho Stingmon.

Second, news that genuinely surprised me. When Digimon Fusion was first announced, it wasn't exactly a surprise to anyone when they said they were only going to dub the first half of Xros Wars because, well...

Note that that is from the actual show, and the context only makes it worse. However, now they've announced that they are going to make a season 2 of digimon fusion. Given just how big a role Lilithmon and Mervamon play in the series, I have no idea how the hell they're going to work around that.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Elune

They'll either edit or cut the scene out.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
They'll either edit or cut the scene out.
If it was just that scene, of course, simple enough. They've done it plenty of times before. Thing is, it's almost every scene with that character. And about half the scenes with mervamon. And they're in a large amount of episodes. Digimon clearly started to be run by pervs at some point in xros wars, and it shows through. And, just to be extra annoying to potential dubbers, they tend to amp up the fanservice at plot-critical moments.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 06-19-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2014, 06:51 PM

Elune

If it's cleavage or something skimpy, they'll edit it. Just like they did to that cat girl digimon, yugioh, really any anime dubbed for kids.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Which Digimon is that? Almost wanna call her HannahMinxyMon.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
If it's cleavage or something skimpy, they'll edit it. Just like they did to that cat girl digimon, yugioh, really any anime dubbed for kids.
Eh, fair enough. Editing's gonna have to be quite a bit more extensive than in most of those cases though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Which Digimon is that? Almost wanna call her HannahMinxyMon.
Lilithmon, demon lord of lust.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Elune

Trust me, if they can edit Yugioh, they can edit anything. Might not be well done though.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 PM

Elune

I hope the dub reaches Young Hunters solely for the sake of the last two episodes.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.

Last edited by Reignac; 06-19-2014 at 11:57 PM..
Old 06-20-2014, 01:35 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Each character was well developed and the fact that the real world was at stake was such a good touch, the villians arent evil per se but they simply are and I fucking love the protagonists.

Takato is so... flawed in several aspects, he first is enthralled with the idea of digimons being real but then oooo boy reality ensures and it turns into a slight shitfest with the power gamer rika out for blood and the Men in black going at the mons.

Man I really, really like this one, the other protagonists in the series are shonen archetypes (and so is takato in a way) but Takato has to earn his reigns before he can go full "FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL" mode
That's what happens when you give Chiaki Konaka the reigns for a children's monster show.

I love 01, I like parts of 02 --mainly everything after the Digimon Emperor arch is decent, though that season is FULL of really cheap excuses for why the old digimon aren't useful. Like my interpretation of the end of 01 was always just that the kids' ACTUAL emotions made the digimon digivolve. Taichi's courage, Yamato's friendship... so how the heck could the kids give that up? It makes no sense.

Of course I love Tamers. Really wanna see Tamers in Japanese.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Elune

DIGIMON ADVENTURE 03

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.

Tags
geek stuff, pokemon, rip off, ugly