Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which faction would you prefer to join?
Horde 18 27.69%
Alliance 47 72.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Aren't Night Elves a mix of Feudal Japan, Korea and Celtic mythology?
with a few hints of australian aboriginals and the more primitive tribes native to south america, aye.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
There is also Greek/Roman in there, as you can see by their early society and architecture.

But really I was thinking Indian suits them in terms of bodytype, but also it is an ancient, sorta fairy tale culture which really fits the NEs (also compare the actual cultures). That is my reasoning anyway.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Eternal

An important question which seems to be overlooked: how does each race handle the call of nature I mean, I can imagine Goblin, Gnomes, and Dwarves having toilets but do Night Elves and Orcs still find a spot in the wilderness?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
An important question which seems to be overlooked: how does each race handle the call of nature I mean, I can imagine Goblin, Gnomes, and Dwarves having toilets but do Night Elves and Orcs still find a spot in the wilderness?
Video game characters don't poo.

Unless it's quest related.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

While I enjoy the fantasy of the Horde immensely, few things are as anathema to my real life persona than joining a militaristic, warrior culture with a poor emphasis on hygiene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:14 PM

World Builder

Runes

Horde still, the culture is more important than aesthetics.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

I can understand liking the Horde, even a humanized horde more from an out of game perspective, but this question's about you being transplanted to the humanized Azeroth. I don't get how one would be able to put up with all the evil shit that the Forsaken do.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I can understand liking the Horde, even a humanized horde more from an out of game perspective, but this question's about you being transplanted to the humanized Azeroth. I don't get how one would be able to put up with all the evil shit that the Forsaken do.
Same way Americans deal with being allied to Saudi Arabia or something... you don't think about it.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

I don't think I could live happily without indoor plumbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Started with an Alliance character up to BC. Then I hit the level cap with my first Horde character (she was a blood elf) and leveled a tauren warrior meanwhile. Quit the game during WotLK and later came back.

Moved back to the Alliance in Cataclysm and the beginning of Mists. I have some really cool memories with my night elf druid back in Vanilla, like going to the beta Caverns of Times and the world felt very immersive. I wanted to try Horde to see how their questing experience is and moved back to Alliance afterwards.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Started with an Alliance character up to BC. Then I hit the level cap with my first Horde character (she was a blood elf) and leveled a tauren warrior meanwhile. Quit the game during WotLK and later came back.

Moved back to the Alliance in Cataclysm and the beginning of Mists. I have some really cool memories with my night elf druid back in Vanilla, like going to the beta Caverns of Times and the world felt very immersive. I wanted to try Horde to see how their questing experience is and moved back to Alliance afterwards.
You misunderstood the thread.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Blood Elf. I'd love to get a nice, spring-induced tan.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 AM

The Sun King

Khaz Modan!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakibadr View Post
You'd have to live with all those weirdos as your allies
Islamic bot? Well now we have everything!

And yeah it is a bot for sure, it copied a line from a previous poster to make itself look legitimate.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Not really. They pull pretty heavily from Scythian (A group of white ancient Iranians who inspired Amazon legends, and are believed to have settled Ireland due to genetic markers, though the group was fairly wide spread ) and Greek and roman mythologies, and even Tyrande's accent is (I believe) heavy turkish.

But, then again, some of the older celtic origin myths claim that they were all descendents of a Scythian prince, and they did become integrated into most of the slavic nations.

Elune pulls a lot from Athena (and Minnerva, especially being a god of war who has that aspect ignored except for a small group), but as a God of War she shares similarities with the Scythian diety Agin, who was the only god in their pantheon who was openly worshiped and had alters and sacrifices made to.

Scythian's were also famous for mounted combat, woman fighting, and their prowess with arrows (and poison).

Night Elves have a hell of a lot of Mediterranean influences in them in general, but It generally gets shoved aside for Druidism. Which is also somewhat reflected by Scythain, considering the heavy respect for the Stag, the importance of certain types of trees, and the Barrow Den resemblance to Kurgan Tombs
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Islamic bot? Well now we have everything!

And yeah it is a bot for sure, it copied a line from a previous poster to make itself look legitimate.
Nazja is a bot too.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:19 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Norse influence plays a large role as well (their architecture in WC3 looks quite Norse-like).
Old 12-20-2013, 04:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Nazja is a bot too.
At least Nazja has pleasing programming.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:55 PM

Chimaera

The wealth and power centered goblins and blood elves make it pretty clear that I'm not going to be playing for their team.

And since I'm a northerner from a land of forests, lakes and snow every winter (and a culture to match), and I prefer cats to dogs, I guess I'd be one of the night elven frostsaber trainers out in winterspring.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:11 PM

Eternal

I'm conflicted between Ironforge and Silvermoon, but I suppose Ironforge wins overall.
Silvermoon is the most civilised in the Horde, and easily one of the most civilised in Azeroth(which hopefully means they have some sort of a suitable alternative to plumbing), I like the lands a lot and there doesn't seem to be a lack of resources, but I'm not sure I'd feel very safe with my nation's allies, and my leaders are more likely to pull off some oppresive shit at some point. Not sure how I feel about the hedonistic/snobby culture either. I don't have a problem with it in the story but living in it would likely be a different story.

Ironforge is also one of the most civilised nations in the world, arguably the most since they have Gnomeregan nearby, so they might very well have plenty of comforts available. I'm not really someone that is into martial cultures, but if I were raised into one I would probably adapt and I would be ultimately better off for it. People are generally decent, there doesn't seem to be any economic trouble, fairly positive culture by all appearances, my king/rulling council isn't likely to start opressing me, and my allies are generally decent and friendly.
I should probably be more of a dwarf fan <_<

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.

Last edited by Royalpimp; 05-14-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
I'm conflicted between Ironforge and Silvermoon, but I suppose Ironforge wins overall.
Silvermoon is the most civilised in the Horde, and easily one of the most civilised in Azeroth(which hopefully means they have some sort of a suitable alternative to plumbing), I like the lands a lot and there doesn't seem to be a lack of resources, but I'm not sure I'd feel very safe with my nation's allies, and my leaders are more likely to pull off some oppresive shit at some point. Not sure how I feel about the hedonistic/snobby culture either. I don't have a problem with it in the story but living in it would likely be a different story.

Ironforge is also one of the most civilised nations in the world, arguably the most since they have Gnomeregan nearby, so they might very well have plenty of comforts available. I'm not really someone that is into martial cultures, but if I were raised into one I would probably adapt and I would be ultimately better off for it. People are generally decent, there doesn't seem to be any economic trouble, fairly positive culture by all appearances, my king/rulling council isn't likely to start opressing me, and my allies are generally decent and friendly.
I should probably be more of a dwarf fan <_<
Pretty much how I feel when it comes to Blood Elves. I like them, but they aren't my most favorite. I could easily get into the whole hedonistic lifestyle, but the snootiness would wear thin however.

I wonder how much hedonism Dwarf culture has, seeing as how they relish in being drunk and merry.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

I'd still go with tauren. I can see myself living the simple life and not having to deal with a society with strong emphasis on currency. I will occasionally go to TB a cousin's party or something, or Org to hit up some friends, or chill in Echo Isles on the beach.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

The absence of a "Both" or "Neither" option kind of sums up the player mentality. I choose not to vote.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Hon hon hon

The Horde, since I would be in the winning team at the end.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:38 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I'd be on the Alliance side ofcourse, hunting anyone involved with the fel. Warlocks, forsaken or blood elves, they'd all be my prey.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
factions, survey