Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 04-04-2014, 05:01 PM

Eternal

Catch 'em all.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Echo of the Past

Before we resolve this, let's establish what direction we want the story to go. This is a very critical crossroad, if you will.

Choose your character:

Choice A

Choice B
Old 06-28-2014, 03:30 AM

The Sun King

A)
Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Choice A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:03 AM

Echo of the Past

I don't dare continue this until I get access to my computer room again, and the RTS levels.

Wife's parents staying through this week. My dad stays the next two weeks.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:35 AM

Priestess of the Moon

NECROPOST

I don't understand the choices, so I'll go with
A) Metzen Concept Art/Nostalgia-trip FTW
B) Lazor-skull FTW.

... Please don't let this die. : )
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/
Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Demon Hunter

Choice A is Gul'Dan live, B he dies, isn't it ?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:13 PM

Echo of the Past

Yes, we'll keep Gul'dan alive. Give me a couple more days.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Echo of the Past

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Years Ago . . .

Ner'zhul smiled in that paternal way of his. "Come, child. Don't be afraid. Try it once more."

Hesitantly, the young orc extended his left hand toward the pool of water within the cavern. Biting a tusk into his upper lip, he stretched his fingers outward--as far apart from each other as possible--and closed his eyes in concentration. He could feel the elemental fragments surrounding him, the bits of static and energy naturally hidden in the atmosphere. He labored to gather them, to focus them into a tangible form.

"Tsk," the voice of an elderly female could suddenly be heard behind him. It caught the young orc offguard, since he hadn't heard anyone else enter the cavern. "Is this what you teach your orcs nowadays, Ner'zhul? To grapple and strike the elements, like a starving pup who bites the dangling hand, hoping to catch some bit of scrap?"

His eyes were open now. In the corner of the dimly-lit cavern, he saw Ner'zhul's smile shift to a more referential, yet wry, variant. The shaman inclined his head and answered the female who was behind the youth, "Indeed, Elder Dre'nesh, you already know my generation is a pack of fools and gluttons. But this one, his habits are still malleable. Perhaps he and his peers shall grow to be improvements, eh?"

The elderly female snorted. "Shirking your duties onto me again, are you? As always. I should have expected no less."

The young orc started to turn his head to catch a glimpse of this speaker. Whom would Ner'zhul refer to as his elder? Was he not the eldest and wisest of all the orcs, throughout all the clans? Before he could spot her, though, Elder Dre'nesh shrieked a command: "Eyes forward! Keep focus!"

In raw reaction, the youth snapped back to face the pool of water. Dre'nesh continued, "The elements are not your slaves, child. Nor are you even their equal. Long before you or I walked the dirt, they have been. They are both creators and preservers of our world. Lightning. Rains. Blizzards. The life-giving rays of the sun. A shaman cooperates with all of these elements. We are not their masters, but their allies. Search for them, speak to them, show respect and reverence. Well, go on then! Call to them, like the child you are and always will be in their eyes. Seek them and present your request."

Within two minutes, a stream of electricity had shot forth from his fingertips. It travelled in fluid motion to the pool, from there spreading in different directions beneath the waters, briefly illuminating the cave before dissipating. Ner'zhul nodded.

From behind him, the youth heard Dre'nesh cluck now in more approving tones. "Yes. That was well executed, for a novice."

Now he did turn to face the elder female--and he saw a spirit. Dre'nesh had the appearance of an aged orc dressed in shaman's robes, her head adorned with a strange animal skin. It was the upper jaw of some creature he had never seen before, as large as a dire wolf but with larger curved teeth. The orc herself, along with her clothing and crude handclaw weapon, was transparent and seemed to be intangible.

And now, her ethereal gaze was turned toward him. "Keep your eyes on this one, Ner'zhul." The spirit stood silent for a beat, as if trying to study something she could barely see. "I sense an unrivaled greatness to his destiny. He shall follow in your ways, yes... but in time, his deeds will eclipse your own. What is the child called?"

Ner'zhul looked from the spirit to the young orc, then back again, a twinkle of pride in his eye. "His name is Gul'dan."

Outside the cave, Gul'dan and Ner'zhul sat cross-legged around an extinguished campfire. The youth had been stunned to silence before, but now he couldn't contain his excitement. "So... am I to be your apprentice?"

Ner'zhul seemed to have not heard him. His good-humored smile from earlier had disappeared. Instead of answering, he used his index claw to stir the bits of charred wood and dust between them.

After a moment, the elder shaman spoke. "Gul'dan, why do we ask the elements to aid us? Instead of forcing our own will upon them?"

Gul'dan swallowed. This felt like a test. He answered, "Because it is right and fitting to show them reverence."

The elder shaman's tongue pressed against the inside his mouth, forming a bump on his lip as he weighed answer. "Truth. And why else?"

"Why else?"

"Why else. Imagine that we had no obligation to show reverence to the elements. What then would motivate us to communicate our requests with respect, instead of enslaving them to our will?"

Nothing would, Gul'dan wanted to answer. But that would be too obvious. This was clearly a question with some cliched answer... but what was it? What was Ner'zhul looking for?

"Remember earlier in the cave, your attempts to chain the lightning. What was the key difference between your first attempt, and your second?"

"The first time, I was too proud. I tried to force th--"

"No," Ner'zhul interrupted. "I mean the difference in result. What is the difference between how your first attempt ended, and how your second attempt ended?"

Gul'dan considered. "The difference..." He looked away from Ner'zhul's stare and toward the night sky, which was brightly lit tonight. "...the difference, is that, the first time I failed. The second time it worked."

Ner'zhul's throat gave a satisfied rumble. "You spoke to the elements, you requested a release of lightning, and it worked. Communication." The elder shaman steepled his fingers beneath his gaze. In an instant, the campfire between them blazed to life. "Communication is not merely a sign of respect. It is a requirement. A shaman can, which ease, achieve infinitely more through communication than through force. We request lightning to strike, we plead with fires to burn or extinguish, we pray the rains to come or cease, we bargain for foraging plants to grow, we ally with wolf and boar for the hunt..."

"But those are animals. Not elements."

"Truth." Ner'zhul smiled. "And who was it who advised you on how to chain lightning, before your successful attempt?"

There was a glimmer in Gul'dan's eyes, as they caught the reflection of the bonfire. "The... the elder spirit. She instructed me."

"She did. And so, while dealing with the elements, you were simultaneously dealing with a spirit, a fellow shaman from the past. Likewise were you dealing with me, a fellow living orc. In a sense, you drew from us all to call forth the lightning successfully." 

The young orc paused to consider. "Is it... is there no harm in dealing so openly with the spirits of the dead? In making deals, in bargaining with them?"

"We make bargains with elements and creatures alike." Ner'zhul leaned forward, "Indeed, as a shaman of the Shadowmoon, we bear the responsibility of worldly leadership. Meaning we similarly bargain with our own orc clansmen and with chieftains of other clans. Dialogue is universal throughout the natural world. Why would it not apply to our ancestors as well?"

Gul'dan scratched his nose, in thought. "Our ancestors are among the dead. They have one foot with us and one within the Twisting Nether. Isn't that... unnatural?"

The chuckle that came from Ner'zhul had tinges of respect, as if he had asked himself this same question years ago, but long resolved the answer. "Tell me, young Gul'dan. Is it possible for something to exist, to be a part of the width and breadth of nature, without being natural itself? What does it mean for something to be 'unnatural'?"

"But to be that close to the Great Dark Beyond, to negotiate with the beings who inhabit it... isn't it too powerful for mortals? Wouldn't it overwhelm and destroy us, with time?

"Ah," Ner'zhul smiled. "Now that, is an excellent question." The elder shaman begin scratching a familiar image in the sand.

"You recognize this," Ner'zhul stated.

"The image of our clan. The Shadowmoon," Gul'dan answered.

Ner'zhul gave an affirming grunt. "It could be argued," he spoke, "that the greatest and most powerful force of nature is our sun. It provides immeasurable gifts with its light, its energy. It is also indescribably dangerous. It burns, it dehydrates, it destroys. Why, during the summer months, even its ordinary heat has been known to make our people more aggressive toward each other. The sun dominates the day and refuses its gifts to the night, plunging us into darkness. And yet..."

The elder shaman lifted his head to the night sky. Gul'dan followed his gaze, looking also to the brightly-lit moon and stars.

"...and yet, even in the depths of the night, our world is not necessarily in darkness, is it? No, Gul'dan, thanks to the light of our moon. Do you know by what power the moon shines down on us?"

"I do not." the youth answered. 

"Our moon has no light, no real power of its own. Instead, it takes light from the absent sun, reflecting it down to us. Through this granted power, our moon is able to shine brighter than the stars!"

As he was speaking, the shaman had been drawing more circular images into the sand, each one showing different ratios of light-to-dark.

"You asked me, Gul'dan, whether the wisdom of the dead could overwhelm and destroy us mortals. In answer, I refer you to the moon. Our moon is in constant cooperation with the sun, reflecting different phases of its power throughout the seasons. At times, only a tiny crescent of energy is illuminated to us. At others, it seems the entire orb is alight. But regardless, there is always some element of shadow remaining."

"This shadow is the moon itself. And, as useful as the moon's light is, it is the shadow that is not a lie. It is the shadow that reminds us, as we cooperate with the elements of the natural world, that we are not merely a reflection of those elements world but a force in and of ourselves."

Ner'zhul leaned forward, his face glowing above the fire.

"Gul'dan, as you allow the forces of nature to course through you, never permit the reflections to eclipse your identity. You are the shadowed moon. You are the darkness incarnate. That can never be denied to you."
Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Echo of the Past

Shadow Orb

Present Day . . .

"Did you know you were addictive, daemon? Addictive to this world?"

The daemon was face-forward on the ground, Bluh'gall's hefty foot on the back of his shoulders. The ogre-mage was holding both of the daemon's arms from behind and pulling backward, so that the creature had to look upon Gul'dan standing before him. Gul'dan himself had been thrown from 'Gall when the ogre and daemon collided. 'Gall had managed to overpower the fiend, no doubt aided by enchantments the surrounding Stormreaver and Twilight's Hammer spellcasters had empowered him with when the fight began. The daemon itself was under the influence of a bloodlust - cast of course by Bluh'gall, who had grown overly excited at a climactic moment during their fight.

"The elements of this world hate you and want to destroy you, and yet it seems they can never say no to just one, more, taste!"

Gul'dan extended his claws. The daemon screamed as it was illuminated by fire, electricity, and decomposition.

"They so much want to eat you, little daemon. They say your taint is foreign and disgusting, but they crave you so very much. And I have promised you to them."

Again the daemon shrieked, the atmosphere around it solidifying into acid and jagged ice, roots and maggots sprouting from seemingly nowhere within its organs. Yes, the world very much wanted to consume this creature's essence. Even Gul'dan himself was a little tempted, remembering the taste of Mannoroth's blood against his throat.

"But you don't have to die today, daemon. I have an offer for you instead. You will serve me as my slave, bound to my will alone. In exchange, I offer my protection. I will prevent the elements from devouring you - for they will happily forgo an appetizer for the promise of a feast!" Gul'dan stared into the depths of the tomb. "A feast on the remains of the greatest, most intoxicating daemonlord of them all. A feast which you shall help me acquire."

"Foolish mortal. Do you even know in whose tomb you stand?"

"You ask if I know of Sargeras?" Gul'dan lowered his face so that it was on level with the daemon's. His own eyes glowed a crimson aura. "Daemon, to you Sargeras is an abstract. A legend. For me? I have been inside his mind - I know all that he knows. I have felt him die, and I have died within him due to his own weakness. Now, while he remains dead, it is I who have recovered to stand before you. One more chance, daemon! Are you my slave, or are you meat?"

"Very well, mortal. I am bound to your service. But heed my warning: this world has been marked for oblivion by the Burning Legion. Its destiny lies onl..."

"DESTRUCTION! DEATH! OBLIVION, SWEET OBLIVION! ONLY OBLIVION! OBLIVION NOW, OBLIVION ALWAYS! OBLIVION FOR YOU AND FOR ME! OBLIVION FOR ALL!" Still holding the daemon's arms from behind, Bluh'gall removed his foot from the creature's back and stomped repeatedly into the back of its head, slamming the head against the tomb's stone floor. "OBLIVION FOR YOUR TINY! PATHETIC! LEGION! IN THE MASTER'S NAME, I PROMISE! THIS! OBLIVION! TO YOU!"

Fortunately, Gul'dan had woven an Unholy Armor before 'Gall began his proclamation, so that the daemon's head was not grounded into a fine paste. A good thing, too. It would have been a shame to have wasted all that time.

"Quickly, you fools!" Gul'dan strode through the tomb's entry hall. He was followed by his trusty ogre-mage Bluh'Gall, by a battered daemon slave, and by the blue and violet banners of two mighty clans. "Fan out and search every primary passageway! We must reach the chamber of the eye before the rest of the tomb's guardians awaken!"

"Guardians?" one of the warlocks, Urluk Cloud-killer, asked hesitantly. "You said nothing of guardians!"

"We just encountered one on the way in, moron."

"What? Oh... you mean, the daemon?"

"Hmph. Imbecile."

"Urluk, why do you look like a shaman?"

"A shaman? I just killed some puppies and crafted one of them into a hat. I figured, you know, because we were evil and stuff."

"Ah. I guess that makes sense."

Gul'dan pointed his staff toward Urluk, releasing a ball of felfire his direction. The fireball slammed into the hapless warlock, sending his now-lifeless body into the nearby wall.

"Look, master!" Drak'thul spoke. "There are three sealed gates before us. One to the north, one to the east, and one to the south. Do you still want us to fan out into each passageway? How would you like us to divide?"

It was a valid question. Gul'dan considered the three passageways before him. North, east, and south. How would he proceed?

As he looked down each passageway, his eye kept glancing back to the bare walls that surrounded the fork. The bare, empty walls. Gul'dan couldn't quite explain it, but he felt some sort of... compulsion to write something down on those walls. He wasn't sure why... but he felt like he had no choice but to write something there, or it would gnaw at his mind for the rest of his time in the tomb.

Also, what was that Daemon companion's name? It had mentioned it before, but Gul'dan wasn't paying attention. What WAS that name?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-22-2014 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-26-2014, 02:27 AM

Ranger

Quote:

Wouldn't a Odin-like Gul'dan be cool?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:45 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
Wouldn't a Odin-like Gul'dan be cool?
I am interpreting this as a vote for "try to do what Odin would do".
Old 09-26-2014, 05:33 AM

Ranger

Quote:
I am interpreting this as a vote for "try to do what Odin would do".
Odin crippled and killed himself for higher wisdom and power. An example: Maybe Gul'dan kills himself, watches the afterlife, ressurects himself as an undead and does some crazy things with his new knowledge and immortality?

Last edited by Sceptic; 09-26-2014 at 05:57 AM..
Old 09-27-2014, 02:23 PM

Demon Hunter

Each clan goes one way, and Gul'Dan goes with a few guys he likes, Bluh Gall and the daemon to the remaining one.
Also the demon is called Karn.
\o\
Old 09-27-2014, 02:44 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

The demon's name shall be Flopsy.

Gul'dan sent a party of twenty mooks drawn equally from the Stormwreaver and Twilight's Hammer to fan out through the leftmost tunnel and all its branches, following them with his spectral eyes and recording a map on the bare stone walls of the intersection. If ever the number of orcs in this scouting party dropped below ten, he commanded the survivors to halt and await reinforcements from the intersection's reserves. Whenever the scouting party encountered a locked or otherwise sealed gate, Gul'dan commanded them to detach a group of five to stand guard until further notice while the rest continued through the tunnels.

When the branches of the left tunnel were explored to his satisfaction, Gul'dan sent his scouts down the middle the right-hand passages in the same way.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Echo of the Past

"Strange...These are orcish runes! They were written by Gul'dan when he first opened this tomb twenty years ago."

"What do they say?"

"Apparently he logged his journey through the Tomb's depths. These runes seem to depict that history."

"Is that... a map?"

"Of this very tomb, by the looks of it. Diagrams of each corridor, in intricate detail. A Scale that lays out precise distance, with approximated travel time based on terrain and enemy resistance. And these footnotes--painstaking descriptions of the creatures he encountered in each room, with the casualties his own forces suffered in facing them, along with a breakdown of their inherent strengths and weaknesses. Amazing. This Gul'dan must have suffered from some sort of obsessive compulsion. It would take an insane amount of micromanaging to pull off this level of detail."

"What are these three drawings, sister?"

"Look to the Key at the bottom. Those are the objects of power contained within the tomb. Gul'dan must have been seeking one or more of them. Another footnote says they're described in... Appendix F?"

"Appendix F is on this side of the room. Let's see. The Eye of Sargeras was here. The Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras would have been here. And this room held the... 'True Elune' of Sargeras? What would he refer to as True Elune?"

"These orcs wouldn't have known of Elune--it must be an idiom within his clan's dialect. Hmm. I am unsure what it would translate to."

"And what is this fourth prominent marking, at the far end of the map? It is different than the others."
Old 10-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Echo of the Past

"Good news, everyone!"

"You have released me from your torturous imprisonment?"

"YOU HAVE GAINED THE POWER TO WIPE OUT THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE?"

"You have sacrificed both of your magnificent tusks in order to see a vision of the future, and that vision has told you everything you need to know about the Tomb of Sargeras?"

"No, no, none of those things!"

"Errr, except the thing you said, Drak'thul. That's exactly what happened."

The crowd murmurs softly in admiration.

"So that's why your face is all screwed up now?"

"Indeed, Karn'Flopsy, indeed. Following the example of the mythical All-Father of orcish legends, I have sacrificed my tusk and done injury upon myself in order to receive a vision of the future that makes my success in this tomb a forgone conclusion. Behold!"

Gul'dan turns, revealing the massively detailed map and Footnotes he had seen, remembered, and copied down after waking from the vision.

"From my vantage point I wasn't able to study the Appendix or the Gazetteer... but as far as the Map goes, this is what we can expect to find within this tomb. We would have uncovered this information naturally if we'd been patient, but now we won't have to! Instead, I've printed out pamphlets for each of you detailing your quest paths."

"Amazing, master! This sacrificial vision you have seen will surely save countless lives."

"AGREED, WE MUST COMPENSATE! WARRIORS OF THE TWILIGHT'S HAMMER: TURN 90 DEGREES AND SLAUGHTER THE INDIVIDUAL TO YOUR LEFT!"

And then, in an instant, the forces of the Twilight's Hammer Clan drop to the single digits. The blood, gore, and bodies themselves fall to the floor. A stench begins to build.

Karn'Flopsy's eyes had widened, and his lower jaw trembled slightly. "By the daemonlord himself! You... you're mad! All of you, all mad!"

"Don't be so dramatic, slave. A good few of them turned 90 degrees to the right, so they weren't able to kill their partners to the left before dying themselves. So the casualties are remarkably lower."

"But your purple-clothed warriors... there are only about seven or eight of them still alive!"

"YES, BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE FOLLOWED MY ORDERS! IF THEY HAD, THEN THERE'D ONLY BE ONE ALIVE NOW, FOR NOW, FOR NOW! HA!" Bluh'gall pointed out, gesturing with the recently-severed troll skull in his hand. The ogre-mage chieftain had been standing on the far right. "BUT ENOUGH FUN AND GAMES WE'VE GOT A TOMB TO LOOT AMIRITE?!"

And so Gul'dan divided the clans--half went in one direction, and the other half went in a second direction. The third direction he traveled with Bluh'gall, Drak'thul, and Karn'Flopsy.

"I know your game, Gul'dan. I know exactly what you are planning."

"Do you, slave?"

"I do. For I know this tomb's passages as well as you do--moreso, even. You have sent your minions to capture two of the three artifacts of Sargeras, because you know they can succeed. But the final artifact... ah, this one is protected by a Guardian far too powerful for your warriors to overcome. That is why you are pursuing it yourself along with me, your psychopathic fellow chieftain, and your court jester."

"Hey!"

"Eh, Drak'Thul is more of straight man. He gets the lines that Cho' probably would've gotten, if we hadn't knocked him out and put the paper bag over his head."

"I also know that, just by coincidence, this most heavily guarded artifact happens to be the one that you have grown to crave more than either of the other two. And that is a further reason why you are seeing to it personally."

"That's the Eye, right? We came here for the Eye of Sargeras, just like the master said. Right?"

"You should know the answer to that already. But suffice to say, the Eye is one of three possessions of Sargeras holds within these walls. The others are his Jeweled Scepter, as well as his--

The conversation is interrupted when Bluh'gall thrusts his fist sideways, crushing the skull of a minor daemon that had tried to ambush the party.

"TALK, TALK! NO MATTER AT ALL, NO MATTER TO LIFE, NO MATTER TO DEATH! ALL SHALL FALL! SARGERAS SHALL BE SEIZED IN EVERY PART, AND THEN THE WORLD SHALL BURN! BURN IN THE TWILIGHT OF EXISTENCE! NO ONE SURVIVES! NO ONE SURVIVES!"

Drak'Thul coughs a bit. "Master, if I may? Something feels... wrong about this. Almost as if we were being set up for a trap. As if... as if Sargeras wants us to find his artifacts. Do we even know what happens if they all come together? Maybe we should just... I don't know... take ONE of them, and get out of here. You are all-powerful, master. Could you not rule as a god, simply with the power of one artifact?"

"Ha, fool! Do you want advice? I shall give it to you, if you wish to survive this day. My advice is: run. Run now. Do not presume to take any piece of Sargeras. Leave with your life, release me from this curse, and enjoy what few days of pitiful existence you have from hence forth!

Should you proceed to Gul'dan's favorite artifact? Or flee the tomb, empty-handed?

Which of the three artifacts is Gul'dan pursuing himself? The Eye of Sargeras, the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, or the "True Elune" of Sargeras? Whichever he chooses, surely the other two will be collected by his minions to be delivered to him later.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-02-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Ranger

Out of curiosity... search for the True Elune. But what does "Elune" mean? How should Gul'dan know the name of a Night Elven goddess?

If "Elune" is an idiom of the orcs (oh, really? What a twist!) , it could translate to "crown". The three artifacts might be symbols of royality.

You know, the Jeweled sceptre of a king and the Eye of Sargeras as some sort of Globus cruciger. Gul'dans motivation is to get the highest symbol of divine royality! And judging by Ner'zhuls and Illidans fate, I doubt the Sceptre and the eye will give Gul'dan the godhood he craves for.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Spfffahahahaha! Wonderful!

So I guess "True Elune" = "True Moon," but I have no idea what that means.

Go for the Eye. It might come in handy if we ever need to kill an undead version of our old master at the north pole.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Demon Hunter

Go for the true Elune!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
How should Gul'dan know the name of a Night Elven goddess?
Maiv did a rough translation of what she read Gul'dan write, based on a very limited understanding of Shadowmoon orcish.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

By the by, I just noticed your signature, good Grackle. Interesting choice of quotes. Is there a particular reason behind their selection?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
By the by, I just noticed your signature, good Grackle. Interesting choice of quotes. Is there a particular reason behind their selection?
Sometimes it's comforting to believe that Blizzard tries to ignore continuity, as a plot point, instead of accepting that it just happens.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:33 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Maiv did a rough translation of what she read Gul'dan write, based on a very limited understanding of Shadowmoon orcish.
I am interpreting your answer this way: Maiev

a) made a translation error

b) translated it right, but with a different meaning than in Shadowmoon orcish

c) Elune means Elune (he is in one of her temples, after all)

Ah, one thing you could add (I considered it very far fetched ingame): Why did Maiev chose to study orcish runes (I mean, it's the language of green skinned tree choppers!) and when did she find the time to do so? Why not, for example, Common?

Last edited by Sceptic; 10-03-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:59 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I am interpreting your answer this way: Maiev

a) made a translation error

b) translated it right, but with a different meaning than in Shadowmoon orcish

c) Elune means Elune (he is in one of her temples, after all)
Both a) and b) are possible. But not c).

EDIT: Silly me, it wasn't even Maiev. It was Naisha.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-03-2014 at 01:09 AM..

Tags
collaboration, storytelling, times change