Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-24-2015, 06:49 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Draenor in 35 years

So now that "Draenor is Free," I'm wondering about the path forward. Draenor is about 35 years behind Azeroth and Outland, so I'm curious what might happen should things be brought up to speed.

What's the future for the Arrakoa, the Orcs, the now surviving population of Draenei? A greater level of peace and cooperation between these, who now seem to be the 3 surviving and dominating forces of Draenor (Arrakoa not as much as Orcs, and Draenei are probably the best off)? Or perhaps something will sour the relations. 35 years is a long time.

Then there's the whole AU factor. From what I understood from TToT, timeways that diverge from the main one usually find their way back, one way or another. Of course, that's with a fully powered Bronze flight managing them. It looked like this timeway, despite it's small discrepencies (a living Rulkan, no Garrosh) was proceeding nicely back to the main timeline. Then Garrosh went in and FUBARed it. If it is going to find it's way back, it will probably be something catastrophic.

Thoughts?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:26 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So now that "Draenor is Free," I'm wondering about the path forward. Draenor is about 35 years behind Azeroth and Outland, so I'm curious what might happen should things be brought up to speed.

What's the future for the Arrakoa, the Orcs, the now surviving population of Draenei? A greater level of peace and cooperation between these, who now seem to be the 3 surviving and dominating forces of Draenor (Arrakoa not as much as Orcs, and Draenei are probably the best off)? Or perhaps something will sour the relations. 35 years is a long time.

Then there's the whole AU factor. From what I understood from TToT, timeways that diverge from the main one usually find their way back, one way or another. Of course, that's with a fully powered Bronze flight managing them. It looked like this timeway, despite it's small discrepencies (a living Rulkan, no Garrosh) was proceeding nicely back to the main timeline. Then Garrosh went in and FUBARed it. If it is going to find it's way back, it will probably be something catastrophic.

Thoughts?
I hope this leads to WC4 where Grom and his dickhorde invades AU Azeroth.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Thoughts?
I don't think there's any rule written where Draenor is destined to become Outland.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:28 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I don't think there's any rule written where Draenor is destined to become Outland.
Perhaps there is, perhaps there isn't. TTotA paints a picture where divergent timeways are corrected to coincide with the true timeline. Draenor's destiny was to do the exact same thing it did in our timeway, only with Rulkan and without Garrosh. Garrosh purposefully defied that destiny. The question is whether or not that destiny can and is meant to be corrected. I honestly don't know. Especially since Azeroth's immortal timekeepers are gone and Draenor isn't known to have any in the first place.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Perhaps there is, perhaps there isn't. TTotA paints a picture where divergent timeways are corrected to coincide with the true timeline. Draenor's destiny was to do the exact same thing it did in our timeway, only with Rulkan and without Garrosh. Garrosh purposefully defied that destiny. The question is whether or not that destiny can and is meant to be corrected. I honestly don't know. Especially since Azeroth's immortal timekeepers are gone and Draenor isn't known to have any in the first place.
Didn't they also retcon the Ttota stuff that said Blackmoorezeroth disintegrated when Thrall left?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Didn't they also retcon the Ttota stuff that said Blackmoorezeroth disintegrated when Thrall left?
Did they say that it disintegrated? Perhaps that timeway is till around, but isn't progressing anymore. Or, perhaps now that Blackmoore is no longer in it (he does appear to the crux of it all) the timeway is making it's way back to the pre-ordained path. It may take a while to get there though. IIRC, killing Blackmoore was supposed to fix the timeway.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 PM

World Builder

Ugh, what's the point of multiple universes if they all adhere to the same dang timeline. Boring.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Ugh, what's the point of multiple universes if they all adhere to the same dang timeline. Boring.
I think I'm in kinda the same place. If we want to speculate on "how can a post-WoD Draenor end up getting destroyed and becoming Outland" then maybe that's one thing to do, but I think it's an unnecessary constraint to say that this is what has to happen to Draenor no matter what because destiny.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:05 AM

Eternal

WoD Draenor is going to unravel because it has deviated too much from the main timeline.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:16 AM

Eternal

Thats how it is.

Fixed points are anchors of stability in time. An infinite amount of divergences can happen after a fixed event which all converge to the next fixed point. Rinse and repeat. The only thing that differs is how the destination is reached and those little details will cause an infinite amount of divergences which will all travel along the same, but different paths to the next destination.

It's a nice clean way to have some form of order. It's also why the Hour of Twilight/End Time is so fucked up.

You can save Tiffin from dying in a fire but that isn't going to change much if her dying is supposed to happen. That's when we get a visit from Mr. Rock. Since she gets done in by the rock, time changes in order to support that and moves on with that story to more fixed points.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:23 AM

Keeper of the Grove

I wanted Draka to get pregnant halfway through the expansion and everyone would think it was another Thrall, but then she has a baby and it is a girl, and is a physical example of how things are now different.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Well, Draenor is so far off track I sincerely doubt it will be going back any time soon.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
The timeline they used that logic for was in fact an alternate universe and it still exists.

Also you people can't keep referring to TotA in saying history fixes itself, but choose to ignore the CoT that says that killing key people changes the timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 06-25-2015 at 07:07 AM..
Old 06-25-2015, 08:25 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
I wanted Draka to get pregnant halfway through the expansion and everyone would think it was another Thrall, but then she has a baby and it is a girl, and is a physical example of how things are now different.
Female Thrall?

Spare us the madness.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:31 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Surprise! Nothing this expansion mattered or had any relevance to anything.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
The timeline they used that logic for was in fact an alternate universe and it still exists.

Also you people can't keep referring to TotA in saying history fixes itself, but choose to ignore the CoT that says that killing key people changes the timeline.
Who says it fixes itself? There used to be a whole dragon flight dedicated to fixing it. We don't know who's in charge of time on Draenor.

Define exists. Do we know that it continues? Or is it just that little segue, never going anywhere? Or has it perhaps already been put back on track? After all, it's been a couple years. The Bronzes might have already set events in motion to correct its deviance before they were depowered. The main force that changed it is dead in the snow of the main timeline. Who knows what may have happened there.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
I want the baby to actually be Garrosh, Son of Durotan.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:52 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I want the baby to actually be Garrosh, Son of Durotan.
Fem-Garrosh, daughter of Durotan and Aggra.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:09 PM

Mountain Giant

I still think It'd be neat to combine Outland and Draenor somehow... Unfortunately, for this to happen we'd need to somehow pull Draenor into our reality and, maybe due to the distortions in the Twisting Nether, have fragments of Outland fall out of the Nether and come crash landing onto the surface of Draenor.

Actually, the more I think about it, it in itself would be a pretty 'Cataclysmic' event. Maybe one that could serve exactly what you want, by effectively destroying parts of it yet still leaving the world itself intact.

The cataclysm that destroyed Draenor before still happens, although for different reasons, and as a result the world itself is saved, despite the destruction. Everything comes full circle, and like you said, these minor changes didn't prevent the final result from happening... Just changed it ever so slightly.

Hell, it could be one big endless timeloop where Draenor has actually been destroying itself over and over again for thousands of years and because of our actions in Draenor, we actually ended this time loop during WoD.

Idk, just my two cents

Old 07-06-2015, 03:54 PM

Elune

can tanaan be salvaged? or will the overwhelming amount of fel just make the area a growing cancer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
can tanaan be salvaged? or will the overwhelming amount of fel just make the area a growing cancer?
Good question. Come to think of it, this is the second time a zone was completely wrecked/desecrated in the final raid patch. Is this a new trend?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:45 PM

Eternal

Its a new trend if we leave tanananananana to somewhere else and not destroy it, but instead let the bad guy live to have the moral high ground and to allow him to advance the plot because this is the world of villaincraft.

Bonus points for not owning up to fuck ups.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Good question. Come to think of it, this is the second time a zone was completely wrecked/desecrated in the final raid patch. Is this a new trend?
Third. We genocided some penguins to make room for the Argent Tournament.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:17 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Its a new trend if we leave tanananananana to somewhere else and not destroy it, but instead let the bad guy live to have the moral high ground and to allow him to advance the plot because this is the world of villaincraft.

Bonus points for not owning up to fuck ups.
Gul'dan? Yeah. We don't kill him. Not that it's our fault, but the effect is the same. Grommash to. Yup. It's a trend.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 07-07-2015 at 06:05 PM..
Old 07-07-2015, 07:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
I still think It'd be neat to combine Outland and Draenor somehow... Unfortunately, for this to happen we'd need to somehow pull Draenor into our reality and, maybe due to the distortions in the Twisting Nether, have fragments of Outland fall out of the Nether and come crash landing onto the surface of Draenor.

Actually, the more I think about it, it in itself would be a pretty 'Cataclysmic' event. Maybe one that could serve exactly what you want, by effectively destroying parts of it yet still leaving the world itself intact.

The cataclysm that destroyed Draenor before still happens, although for different reasons, and as a result the world itself is saved, despite the destruction. Everything comes full circle, and like you said, these minor changes didn't prevent the final result from happening... Just changed it ever so slightly.

Hell, it could be one big endless timeloop where Draenor has actually been destroying itself over and over again for thousands of years and because of our actions in Draenor, we actually ended this time loop during WoD.

Idk, just my two cents
That would be an extinction level event just by the sheer mass of the pieces of Outland hitting the surface. The immensely powerful earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes and whatnot would finish off the planet and leave it an uninhabitable world for several millions years.

Tags
speculation, warlocks of draenor