Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-28-2016, 02:19 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
XD

I don't think it's bad character development, I think it's fine. But Martin would make it in an epic scale :p
That's why I say, "the best of each author", not that the rest isn't good.
No, martin makes up bullshit to fill out his page. If he had kept his head down and kept the story into a trilogy, he wouldn't be leaving an entire fanbase blue balled.

Now back to the topic. It would be nicer if you could join a certain class faction that was directly opposing the other class faction. Like the aldor and scryers.

Last edited by Angron was right; 03-28-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-28-2016, 05:31 PM

Eternal

Don't talk like that about my Martin!

Okay, case closed.

I just want to play an Alliance Blood elf :c
Old 03-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Don't talk like that about my Martin!

Okay, case closed.

I just want to play an Alliance Blood elf :c
Don't we all? I'd have liked seeing the Blood Elves go Alliance rather than Horde. Yes, the Garithos fiasco was a thing. So what? The time period the Blood Elves would've entered the Alliance would've been when there was no strong central leadership. Jaina is working to maintain peace with the Horde, Magni is focusing upon Ironforge and struggling with the reveal that his daughter hates him, Gelbin is the King of a race in Exile without a home, and Stormwind has a Child for a King.

So Kael'thas comes in, walks up to the table, drops the Garithos bomb, Magni grudgingly admits his own dwarves suffered at the hands of the Warlord, Jaina doesn't look at Kael because he was right about Arthas, Gelbin probably feels a kindred spirit with Kael as leaders of people trying to reclaim their homes, and Anduin just sits quietly because he's a kid.

None of the leaders are really in any kind of position or mental/emotional state to properly lead and protect the Alliance against its threats. Kael, however, happily takes up the mantle with the same fervor he's demonstrated in the past, and uses his position to favor the shit out of the Blood Elves, while doing enough for the rest of the Alliance to get the masses to venerate him as a Hero. Suddenly the presence of Sin'dorei Warlocks and Blood Mages doesn't become a questionable practice; it becomes a debate.

Some Alliance are uneasy about it and advocate relying on the Silver Hand in Ironforge and Stormwind, on their mages. Some Alliance are sick and tired of losing loved ones to the Horde, the Scourge, the Legion, and are willing to sacrifice a few hours of sleep at night for effectiveness. While the leaders of the Alliance struggle to hold their nations together as their people take sides between morality and pragmatism, Kael continues to lead, funneling resources and troops into Quel'Thalas.

It could've been an amazing story. It could've gone so many different routes. Instead Kael became a raid boss and the Horde wound up with Red High Elves.

Thanks Blizzard.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:43 PM

Elune

I think that if the aldor and scryers had been more thoroughly implemented, with the players actually being able to form Aldor or Scryer raid groups, being able to talk to and trade with fellow Aldor and Scryers, having Aldor vs Scryer battlegrounds, WoW would be in a better place if only by the virtue of the factions not having to be a thing every expansion.

Keep in mind, I think the Aldor vs Scryer thing was kinda stupid already, and adding battlegrounds would make it make even less sense. It's more a precedent that I think would be good, rather than an implementation that would be good.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:01 PM

Sentinel Queen

I always thought Aldor Blood Elves was kinda odd.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
I always thought Aldor Blood Elves was kinda odd.
Never really experienced the Aldor for myself. All my characters went Scryer. They had the better looking Tabard, and they're Blood Elves.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:38 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Never really experienced the Aldor for myself. All my characters went Scryer. They had the better looking Tabard, and they're Blood Elves.
I went aldor because aldorbros are demons that worship the light.

But yes, the alliance should have been given high elves.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:41 PM

Eternal

My Alliance characters go Aldor and the Horde ones go Scryer, it just seems more natural.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
My Alliance characters go Aldor and the Horde ones go Scryer, it just seems more natural.
My big human males go Scryer and RP like they have fucked all the women just to elicit butthurt from blood elf players.

Tags
factions, world of warcraft