Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-18-2016, 09:17 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me, whereas mine had other things to say besides what was intentionally misquoted here. Considering that what I posted was calling out zealous fanboys going to unreasonable extremes to shut down criticism, as opposed to taking a dump on a character (even if that happens to be in line with my opinion of her), and get met with this and then most ironically accused of, shall we say, taking a strong enough position on something as to be detrimental to the mood of the larger community, not mention the image featured in a certain someone's signature (assuming that's who I think it is), leaves me with just one possible conclusion to draw.
As the poet said, methinks thou protest too much.

Sure, I could've been less descriptive in the little scenario I used to illustrate my point, but what if I told you I was actually hoping for a couple people to stumble in and prove my point?
Hell, there was another post made right after mine that I could've quoted into this one, but chose to leave out. For the minor convenience of everyone in this here community, I might add.

For a finish, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I for one am not going to start ranting about the second thing I quoted, other than, as stated above, identifying it as something aimed at me.
As for ijffdrie, I'm pretty sure he was just having some good fun from my comment, based on Sylvanas's reputation for invading places. No judgment upon your comment.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:27 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
As for ijffdrie, I'm pretty sure he was just having some good fun from my comment, based on Sylvanas's reputation for invading places. No judgment upon your comment.
I know what he was responding to, but he took it in a pretty specific direction if you ask me. And I kinda threw it in my post as more of an added thing than the meat of anything. As in, it was convenient for me to include, but would've never prompted a response from me by itself.
Point taken though.

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-18-2016 at 09:35 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 11:13 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me
How conceited of you to think that you are the only one I'm talking about.

Be quiet.

Also...

That post of yours is basically:

Quote:
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me
what you did to me
whereas mine had other things to say besides what was intentionally misquoted here.
what I wanted to say
Considering that what I posted was calling out zealous fanboys going to unreasonable extremes to shut down criticism,
see me as a martyr
as opposed to taking a dump on a character (even if that happens to be in line with my opinion of her), and get met with this and then most ironically accused of, shall we say, taking a strong enough position on something as to be detrimental to the mood of the larger community, not mention the image featured in a certain someone's signature (assuming that's who I think it is), leaves me with just one possible conclusion to draw.
get salty sylvanas fanboi
As the poet said, methinks thou protest too much.
cry me a river in a conceited manner

Sure, I could've been less descriptive in the little scenario I used to illustrate my point, but what if I told you I was actually hoping for a couple people to stumble in and prove my point?
I, big philosopher, master of debate. bask before my greatness
Hell, there was another post made right after mine that I could've quoted into this one, but chose to leave out. For the minor convenience of everyone in this here community, I might add.
see me as a martyr redux ps I love the community

For a finish, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I for one am not going to start ranting about the second thing I quoted, other than, as stated above, identifying it as something aimed at me.
I won't rant but I'm ranting
Which means zero actual contribution. Try harder.

Last edited by Krainz; 09-18-2016 at 11:43 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 11:40 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
How conceited of you to think that you are the one I'm talking about.

Be quiet.
It's the wording you used in your "quote".

I fail to see how this makes much difference, considering we're both (apparently) pointing at something more prevalent than any one person's activity in the original two posts made to kick this off.

Might wanna keep your all caps lines and your "be quiets" to yourself too if you seriously want someone to stop talking on the internet.

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-18-2016 at 11:47 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 11:49 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
It's the wording you used in your "quote".

I fail to see how this makes much difference, considering we're both (apparently) pointing at something more prevalent than any one person's activity.

Might wanna keep your all caps lines and your "be quiets" to yourself too if you seriously want someone to stop talking on the internet.
u irl

You're basically extremely salty over an observation that the core reason for your desires over Sylvanas getting nuked and fucked is that you don't like the character.

Because obviously good, quality works are exclusively composed by characters that please you.

Last edited by Krainz; 09-18-2016 at 11:51 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 11:52 PM

World Builder

It's kind of refreshing to see people getting salty over WC lore and not IRL politics for once.

But also sad, c'mon guys, let's chill and try to understand each other, not hurl accusations.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-19-2016, 12:14 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Because obviously good, quality works are exclusively composed by characters that please you.
I will say this just once more, since you gave me a great opportunity to do so:
I was criticizing her fans and their behaviour over the negative impact they/it might hypothetically have on the future of the game, as per the deliberately provoking scenario I gave. Less for the game's benefit, more so to slap the fans awake...for whatever that's worth.
You took that as something else due to insisting on the false assumption I quoted here.

As long as that's a thing, I assure you I don't give a damn if the character they're raving about is one I like or not, even if it's so very convenient for you to overlook that for your argument's sake.

In my response I went to measures to try and explain why I had/have plausible reason to take you for one of the Sylvanas fans I was originally poking at. If I'm wrong right there and my tone from there unwarranted, all you have to do is say so.

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-19-2016 at 12:34 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It's kind of refreshing to see people getting salty over WC lore and not IRL politics for once.

But also sad, c'mon guys, let's chill and try to understand each other, not hurl accusations.

Quote:
I will say this just once more, since you gave me a great opportunity to do so:
I was criticizing her fans and their behaviour over the negative impact they/it might hypothetically have on the future of the game, as per the deliberately provoking scenario I gave. Less for the game's benefit, more so to slap the fans awake...for whatever that's worth.
You took that as something else due to insisting on the false assumption I quoted here.

As long as that's a thing, I assure you I don't give a damn if the character they're raving about is one I like or not, even if it's so very convenient for you to overlook that for your argument's sake.

In my response I went to measures to try and explain why I had/have plausible reason to take you for one of the Sylvanas fans I was originally poking at. If I'm wrong right there and my tone from there unwarranted, all you have to do is say so.
Quote:
Yes, you communicate in an inefficient manner.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 AM

Banished

I wonder how much of Sylvanas' white knights aren't SJWs.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:46 AM

Banished

Quote:
Yes, you communicate in an inefficient manner.
True words

Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Wuh?

Quote:
I know what he was responding to, but he took it in a pretty specific direction if you ask me.
Repetition of the 'wuh?'.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 09-19-2016 at 05:04 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 05:28 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Wuh?
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-19-2016 at 05:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 05:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
Never even noticed it.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Well, you have about two hundred posts over the course of two years, so I somehow doubt many even remember who you are, let alone remember your stances and opinions.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Namica#1257

Slow

What was this thread about again?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 AM

Banished

Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 AM

Warden

Quote:
The problem with this stance and being remembered for it is the notion isn't nearly controversial enough.

For example, Grimtale has a raging boner for Worgen, Arikado is a Sylvanas sycophant and occasional Azshara worshipper (which is okay because Azshara is one cool lady), Drusus hates elves, at least I assume that judging from their signature, Gurzog is Gurzog, BaronGrackle references Alleria's ability to shoot down Juggernaughts with her bow any chance they get, and you can't read a post by Anne without goblin ass staring back at you.

If you want to be remembered, you need a good platform like "Grom did nothing wrong" or "the betrayal of Kael'thas was justified."
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 AM

Elune

Icefrost, some people on this forum are simply not worth replying to. You should make use of the ignore function, it will improve your browsing experience tenfold.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
The problem with this stance and being remembered for it is the notion isn't nearly controversial enough.

For example, Grimtale has a raging boner for Worgen, Arikado is a Sylvanas sycophant and occasional Azshara worshipper (which is okay because Azshara is one cool lady), Drusus hates elves, at least I assume that judging from their signature, Gurzog is Gurzog, BaronGrackle references Alleria's ability to shoot down Juggernaughts with her bow any chance they get, and you can't read a post by Anne without goblin ass staring back at you.

If you want to be remembered, you need a good platform like "Grom did nothing wrong" or "the betrayal of Kael'thas was justified."
D'aaww, pretty sure I used to have a rep for referencing WCII and the Second War in general, and hating on the ToD novel.

If you guys talked less about Sylvanas and more about dragons being awesome, you might know me for talking about Destroyers and Guard Towers that could tear those suckers down in seconds.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
D'aaww, pretty sure I used to have a rep for referencing WCII and the Second War in general, and hating on the ToD novel.
But that thing with Alleria stood apart, as people just can't even fathom the possibility that Alleria could be a better archer than Sylvanas because she featured in a game that is irrelevant to them. It's like when some guy was shouted down on one particular site because he suggested that Orgrim in his heyday might have been a better warrior than Grom in his heyday.

Warcraft III was a mistake.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 AM

Banished

I actually do believe Alleria is gonna end up being called the best archer of Azeroth when she is properly reintroduced...because she has nothing else going on. I just like annoying grackle

Gift me overwatch
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 AM

Echo of the Past

Marthen here is our chronicler. He, along with Genesis and a few others, knew Warcraft in its early days but also kept up with it through modern times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
But that thing with Alleria stood apart, as people just can't even fathom the possibility that Alleria could be a better archer than Sylvanas because she featured in a game that is irrelevant to them. It's like when some guy was shouted down on one particular site because he suggested that Orgrim in his heyday might have been a better warrior than Grom in his heyday.

Warcraft III was a mistake.
Warcraft III had its good parts, I think you've agreed.

Particularly on the topic of Sylvanas, back when we could sort of empathize with her.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I actually do believe Alleria is gonna end up being called the best archer of Azeroth when she is properly reintroduced...because she has nothing else going on. I just like annoying grackle

Gift me overwatch
We all secretly love Genya and get disappointed when a response isn't an image-based oneliner.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-19-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 AM

Banished

If you love me gift me overwatch when it goes on sale <3 #Venezuela

(alternatively point me in the direction of some giveaway or shit lel i really cant buy it)
Old 09-19-2016, 09:39 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
If you love me gift me overwatch when it goes on sale <3 #Venezuela
Unless Thas'dorah is an unlockable weapon to shoot down spaceships, I don't see the point.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:41 AM

Banished

Give it time tbh. Surprised they havent gotten self referential yet.

#giftgenyaoverwatch
#adreamforgenya
#icringeatbeggars

Tags
cataclysm, forsaken, gilneas, sylvanas, warcraft, warcraft 3