Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-18-2016, 09:17 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,162

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me, whereas mine had other things to say besides what was intentionally misquoted here. Considering that what I posted was calling out zealous fanboys going to unreasonable extremes to shut down criticism, as opposed to taking a dump on a character (even if that happens to be in line with my opinion of her), and get met with this and then most ironically accused of, shall we say, taking a strong enough position on something as to be detrimental to the mood of the larger community, not mention the image featured in a certain someone's signature (assuming that's who I think it is), leaves me with just one possible conclusion to draw.
As the poet said, methinks thou protest too much.

Sure, I could've been less descriptive in the little scenario I used to illustrate my point, but what if I told you I was actually hoping for a couple people to stumble in and prove my point?
Hell, there was another post made right after mine that I could've quoted into this one, but chose to leave out. For the minor convenience of everyone in this here community, I might add.

For a finish, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I for one am not going to start ranting about the second thing I quoted, other than, as stated above, identifying it as something aimed at me.
As for ijffdrie, I'm pretty sure he was just having some good fun from my comment, based on Sylvanas's reputation for invading places. No judgment upon your comment.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Icefrost Icefrost is offline

Chimaera
Icefrost's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Posts: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
As for ijffdrie, I'm pretty sure he was just having some good fun from my comment, based on Sylvanas's reputation for invading places. No judgment upon your comment.
I know what he was responding to, but he took it in a pretty specific direction if you ask me. And I kinda threw it in my post as more of an added thing than the meat of anything. As in, it was convenient for me to include, but would've never prompted a response from me by itself.
Point taken though.
__________________

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-18-2016 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me
How conceited of you to think that you are the only one I'm talking about.

Be quiet.

Also...

That post of yours is basically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I like how both of you took a whole post basically just to poke at me
what you did to me
whereas mine had other things to say besides what was intentionally misquoted here.
what I wanted to say
Considering that what I posted was calling out zealous fanboys going to unreasonable extremes to shut down criticism,
see me as a martyr
as opposed to taking a dump on a character (even if that happens to be in line with my opinion of her), and get met with this and then most ironically accused of, shall we say, taking a strong enough position on something as to be detrimental to the mood of the larger community, not mention the image featured in a certain someone's signature (assuming that's who I think it is), leaves me with just one possible conclusion to draw.
get salty sylvanas fanboi
As the poet said, methinks thou protest too much.
cry me a river in a conceited manner

Sure, I could've been less descriptive in the little scenario I used to illustrate my point, but what if I told you I was actually hoping for a couple people to stumble in and prove my point?
I, big philosopher, master of debate. bask before my greatness
Hell, there was another post made right after mine that I could've quoted into this one, but chose to leave out. For the minor convenience of everyone in this here community, I might add.
see me as a martyr redux ps I love the community

For a finish, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I for one am not going to start ranting about the second thing I quoted, other than, as stated above, identifying it as something aimed at me.
I won't rant but I'm ranting
Which means zero actual contribution. Try harder.
__________________

Last edited by Krainz; 09-18-2016 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-18-2016, 11:40 PM
Icefrost Icefrost is offline

Chimaera
Icefrost's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Posts: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
How conceited of you to think that you are the one I'm talking about.

Be quiet.
It's the wording you used in your "quote".

I fail to see how this makes much difference, considering we're both (apparently) pointing at something more prevalent than any one person's activity in the original two posts made to kick this off.

Might wanna keep your all caps lines and your "be quiets" to yourself too if you seriously want someone to stop talking on the internet.
__________________

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-18-2016 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
It's the wording you used in your "quote".

I fail to see how this makes much difference, considering we're both (apparently) pointing at something more prevalent than any one person's activity.

Might wanna keep your all caps lines and your "be quiets" to yourself too if you seriously want someone to stop talking on the internet.
u irl



You're basically extremely salty over an observation that the core reason for your desires over Sylvanas getting nuked and fucked is that you don't like the character.

Because obviously good, quality works are exclusively composed by characters that please you.
__________________

Last edited by Krainz; 09-18-2016 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-18-2016, 11:52 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

It's kind of refreshing to see people getting salty over WC lore and not IRL politics for once.

But also sad, c'mon guys, let's chill and try to understand each other, not hurl accusations.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-19-2016, 12:14 AM
Icefrost Icefrost is offline

Chimaera
Icefrost's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Posts: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Because obviously good, quality works are exclusively composed by characters that please you.
I will say this just once more, since you gave me a great opportunity to do so:
I was criticizing her fans and their behaviour over the negative impact they/it might hypothetically have on the future of the game, as per the deliberately provoking scenario I gave. Less for the game's benefit, more so to slap the fans awake...for whatever that's worth.
You took that as something else due to insisting on the false assumption I quoted here.

As long as that's a thing, I assure you I don't give a damn if the character they're raving about is one I like or not, even if it's so very convenient for you to overlook that for your argument's sake.

In my response I went to measures to try and explain why I had/have plausible reason to take you for one of the Sylvanas fans I was originally poking at. If I'm wrong right there and my tone from there unwarranted, all you have to do is say so.
__________________

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-19-2016 at 12:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,506
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It's kind of refreshing to see people getting salty over WC lore and not IRL politics for once.

But also sad, c'mon guys, let's chill and try to understand each other, not hurl accusations.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I will say this just once more, since you gave me a great opportunity to do so:
I was criticizing her fans and their behaviour over the negative impact they/it might hypothetically have on the future of the game, as per the deliberately provoking scenario I gave. Less for the game's benefit, more so to slap the fans awake...for whatever that's worth.
You took that as something else due to insisting on the false assumption I quoted here.

As long as that's a thing, I assure you I don't give a damn if the character they're raving about is one I like or not, even if it's so very convenient for you to overlook that for your argument's sake.

In my response I went to measures to try and explain why I had/have plausible reason to take you for one of the Sylvanas fans I was originally poking at. If I'm wrong right there and my tone from there unwarranted, all you have to do is say so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Yes, you communicate in an inefficient manner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 AM
Galdus Galdus is offline

Banished
Galdus's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,346

Default

I wonder how much of Sylvanas' white knights aren't SJWs.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-19-2016, 01:46 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Yes, you communicate in an inefficient manner.
True words

Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
For a finish, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I for one am not going to start ranting about the second thing I quoted, other than, as stated above, identifying it as something aimed at me.
Wuh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I know what he was responding to, but he took it in a pretty specific direction if you ask me.
Repetition of the 'wuh?'.
__________________
This is not a signature.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 09-19-2016 at 05:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Icefrost Icefrost is offline

Chimaera
Icefrost's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Posts: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Wuh?
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
__________________

Last edited by Icefrost; 09-19-2016 at 05:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:34 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
Never even noticed it.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
Well, you have about two hundred posts over the course of two years, so I somehow doubt many even remember who you are, let alone remember your stances and opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Anne_Neritas Anne_Neritas is offline

Warden
Anne_Neritas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 742
BattleTag: Namica#1257

Slow

What was this thread about again?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Apep Apep is offline

Warden
Apep's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Posts: 736

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Picked up on the night elves hating magic users bit you threw in there, and the timing of your post. I get a bit of a rep as 'that guy who always talks about it', from what I've heard. Maybe that's fewer people than it seemed, though.
The problem with this stance and being remembered for it is the notion isn't nearly controversial enough.

For example, Grimtale has a raging boner for Worgen, Arikado is a Sylvanas sycophant and occasional Azshara worshipper (which is okay because Azshara is one cool lady), Drusus hates elves, at least I assume that judging from their signature, Gurzog is Gurzog, BaronGrackle references Alleria's ability to shoot down Juggernaughts with her bow any chance they get, and you can't read a post by Anne without goblin ass staring back at you.

If you want to be remembered, you need a good platform like "Grom did nothing wrong" or "the betrayal of Kael'thas was justified."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,441

Default

Icefrost, some people on this forum are simply not worth replying to. You should make use of the ignore function, it will improve your browsing experience tenfold.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,162

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
The problem with this stance and being remembered for it is the notion isn't nearly controversial enough.

For example, Grimtale has a raging boner for Worgen, Arikado is a Sylvanas sycophant and occasional Azshara worshipper (which is okay because Azshara is one cool lady), Drusus hates elves, at least I assume that judging from their signature, Gurzog is Gurzog, BaronGrackle references Alleria's ability to shoot down Juggernaughts with her bow any chance they get, and you can't read a post by Anne without goblin ass staring back at you.

If you want to be remembered, you need a good platform like "Grom did nothing wrong" or "the betrayal of Kael'thas was justified."
D'aaww, pretty sure I used to have a rep for referencing WCII and the Second War in general, and hating on the ToD novel.

If you guys talked less about Sylvanas and more about dragons being awesome, you might know me for talking about Destroyers and Guard Towers that could tear those suckers down in seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
D'aaww, pretty sure I used to have a rep for referencing WCII and the Second War in general, and hating on the ToD novel.
But that thing with Alleria stood apart, as people just can't even fathom the possibility that Alleria could be a better archer than Sylvanas because she featured in a game that is irrelevant to them. It's like when some guy was shouted down on one particular site because he suggested that Orgrim in his heyday might have been a better warrior than Grom in his heyday.

Warcraft III was a mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

I actually do believe Alleria is gonna end up being called the best archer of Azeroth when she is properly reintroduced...because she has nothing else going on. I just like annoying grackle

Gift me overwatch
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,162

Default

Marthen here is our chronicler. He, along with Genesis and a few others, knew Warcraft in its early days but also kept up with it through modern times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
But that thing with Alleria stood apart, as people just can't even fathom the possibility that Alleria could be a better archer than Sylvanas because she featured in a game that is irrelevant to them. It's like when some guy was shouted down on one particular site because he suggested that Orgrim in his heyday might have been a better warrior than Grom in his heyday.

Warcraft III was a mistake.
Warcraft III had its good parts, I think you've agreed.

Particularly on the topic of Sylvanas, back when we could sort of empathize with her.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I actually do believe Alleria is gonna end up being called the best archer of Azeroth when she is properly reintroduced...because she has nothing else going on. I just like annoying grackle

Gift me overwatch
We all secretly love Genya and get disappointed when a response isn't an image-based oneliner.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-19-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

If you love me gift me overwatch when it goes on sale <3 #Venezuela

(alternatively point me in the direction of some giveaway or shit lel i really cant buy it)
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:39 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,162

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
If you love me gift me overwatch when it goes on sale <3 #Venezuela
Unless Thas'dorah is an unlockable weapon to shoot down spaceships, I don't see the point.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:41 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Give it time tbh. Surprised they havent gotten self referential yet.

#giftgenyaoverwatch
#adreamforgenya
#icringeatbeggars
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cataclysm, forsaken, gilneas, sylvanas, warcraft, warcraft 3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.