Old 09-07-2019, 07:41 AM

Echo of the Past

(Who is that?)
Old 09-07-2019, 11:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
(Who is that?)
Tim Pool, youtube journalist, vlogger, etc. Cack posted a cartoon mocking him before too, curious why he in particular pisses him off so much, he is kind of milquetoast.

He is afaik fairly centrist. Started out covering Occupy WS and as you can imagine was quite leftist, started moving more right over time, especially against SJW and PC stuff. He is centrist still from what little I know of him.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:28 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
(Who is that?)
He's a right-wing youtube grifter who likes to pretend to be "left-wing" and then spends his entire time spouting right-wing talking points and conspiracy theories.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tim_Pool
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 09-07-2019 at 10:31 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 07:13 AM

Elune

Ahh the rational wiki, now without rationalism for 10 years straight!
Old 09-08-2019, 11:08 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I know they don't hide their bias but they're rarely flat out -wrong-.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
I can copy and paste the article here with the appropriate sources if it makes you feel better.
Member #14
Old 09-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I can copy and paste the article here with the appropriate sources if it makes you feel better.
No need, I don't care much about Tim Pool one way or the other to argue.

Though I really laugh at rational wiki, so pretentious yet so blatantly wrong and biased.

I invite anyone who thinks otherwise or just doesn't know to read their articles and the insane level of bias present. Everything other than their SJW leftist outlook is bad and wrong, so everything to the right of Bernie Sanders basically, and they mock the most extreme leftist looniest for a piss poor attempt at being reasonable and centrist.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:30 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Though I really laugh at rational wiki, so pretentious yet so blatantly wrong and biased.

I invite anyone who thinks otherwise or just doesn't know to read their articles and the insane level of bias present. Everything other than their SJW leftist outlook is bad and wrong, so everything to the right of Bernie Sanders basically, and they mock the most extreme leftist looniest for a piss poor attempt at being reasonable and centrist.
I don't think that rationalism cares about the false middle that Centrists imagine exists for every position nor does centrism appear to be part of their listed purpose statement on their front page.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:39 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
No need, I don't care much about Tim Pool one way or the other to argue.

There is a difference between inaccuracy and bias.

"The capital of the United Kingdom is London."
"The capital of the United Kingdom is London, which is further evidence the country is filled with filthy wankers."

The second example is something you might find on the RationalWiki, if they ever decided they didn't like the U.K. The objective part of the sentence is entirely accurate - it probably has citations. The subjective part tells you what they think.

EDIT: Rereading my comment, it sounds like I'm just making up garbage. So for context, this is from the actual article on London:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/England#London
Quote:
London, aka "Londonistan" to the alt-right, is the largest city (by population) in the European Union, and is the political and financial capital of the United Kingdom and its affiliated colonies, and England itself, indeed. England is often referred to as a "London-centric" country – meaning that without London, England would be a non-entity on the world stage - however, while certainly true for London as a political and financial centre, this simplistic view ignores the enormous technological, scientific, and historic prestige of the rest of the country, much to the annoyance of those who live outside of London. It is no surprise therefore that the city is frequently derided by those who live in the UK's other major cities as over-hyped and over-priced - whether this is true for any one person largely falls down to personal experience and the limit on their credit card.
Not that it's wholly inaccurate, but you feel a certain tone, yeah? Such as how it's "no surprise therefore that the city is frequently derided". You won't find a citation about the lack of surprise because of the very nature of the statement.

The article on Catholicism is fun because it alternates between making fun of the philosophies and making fun of those who hate the philosophies, sprinkled with fair unbiased presentation of said philosophies. I bet the Islam article is a really fun read.

But for now I'm going to check out the articles on specific U.S. states...

EDIT: Oh. It seems the U.S. states are placed in "FUN" articles, which appear to be the equivalent of articles you'd find on Uncyclopedia.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:California
Quote:
Originally Posted by California
The People's Republic of Comradefornia consists of three states on the LEFT Coast of the United States: Southern California, Northern California, and Los Angeles (which incorporates the fictional location of "Hollywood"). The Northern and Southern California border is delineated by the Manson-Nixon Line.

Whereas Florida is the wang of the United States, California represents the ass of the continent. But it's America's ass!

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-09-2019 at 06:47 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 07:02 AM

Elune

I stand by my point, just keep reading you will see the blatant bias, how anyone other than them can't have an ounce of truth to their position and how only their worldview is valid. It is an awful website.

And no Grackle, at some point the bias becomes so much it twists the other side's position to the point of lying.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:07 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
at some point the bias becomes so much it twists the other side's position to the point of lying.
So basically what many here have repeatedly done with leftwing positions? Gotcha.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Old 09-25-2019, 02:36 PM

Elune

Member #14

Tags
dank memes, internet, political biases, you're all babies