Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-06-2018, 05:59 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Oof, someone check on Mutterscrawl. I think the very idea will kill him.
*low frothing rage at the concept*

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

I don't mind the idea of the Titans modifying the trolls but hope they don't end up as being a titan construct.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Eternal

I think trolls will end up being experiments the Titans did on Old God stuff, which created both the blood gods and the trolls from either elementals or actual Old God progeny. Then, these trolls leave the halls of Uldir and build their settlements with the same architecture they once saw in it.

This would be great to explain their power of regeneration.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:51 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I don't mind the idea of the Titans modifying the trolls but hope they don't end up as being a titan construct.

Same. Interaction is one thing, I won't like it but I can stand it.

If they make trolls a titan construct? Then I unsub again.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Arch-Druid

I love titan stuff but the troll origins should be entirely unrelated (and unrelated to Old Gods too). Them being the only naturally evolved species is cool, it's unique, it separates them from everyone else.

I'd be okay with their architecture being inspired by Uldir though. But nothing more than that.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I don't want the Trolls to have anything to do with the Titans. I like the idea that the Titans are the Alliance's thing while everything primal is the Horde's schtick. And that's kinda why I'm pissed we got Dark Irons instead of Ulduar's Iron Dwarves/Earthens. In an expansion focused on the faction war, the factions should be polar opposites. Having mechanical dwarves fight dinosaur-riding Trolls would have been amazing in that regard.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:47 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I don't want the Trolls to have anything to do with the Titans. I like the idea that the Titans are the Alliance's thing while everything primal is the Horde's schtick. And that's kinda why I'm pissed we got Dark Irons instead of Ulduar's Iron Dwarves/Earthens. In an expansion focused on the faction war, the factions should be polar opposites. Having mechanical dwarves fight dinosaur-riding Trolls would have been amazing in that regard.
Same for the most part, but I still don't see Iron Dwarves or Earthen as viable playable races. Dark Irons, Wildhammer, even Frostborn maybe, but not earthen or Iron dwarves since they're not organic/biological/mortal. This is age of mortals. Lightforged being 'immortal' is already a bit weird imo.

The Horde should've been the group that strives to hunt and kill the Legion and Old Gods and claim their powers for themselves, developing more equal ties to the Elements and Loa.

Alliance should be the group that inherits the roles of the dragons, titans, and such. Taking their place as they fall in the line of duty or corruption, and surpassing them.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Loremaster

I'm disinclined to think they're a deliberate creation of any kind, as their emergence is associated with the general emergence of life post-Old Gods in Chronicle. More likely they're just one of the many humanoid species that emerged from the planetwide explosion of life instigated by all that spilled Azeroth blood from Y'shaarj's extrication, and so their origin is no more titanic than that of the furbolgs or harpies.

In fact, it's perhaps no coincidence that Zandalar is found smack-dab in between the center of Ancient Kalimdor and what would become Pandaria. Its location brings up the possibility that perhaps trolls could have initially evolved along the banks of one or more river(s) of energized water running from the Well of Eternity down into to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

At this point it's basically impossible for trolls' origins to be entirely divorced from the titans, because nothing native to Azeroth is, as non-elemental and non-aqir/n'raqi life only started proliferating on Azeroth in the wake of the war with the Old Gods. Which makes them an indirect consequence of the titans, but not necessarily in any way a deliberate one.

Trying to tie the titans to one player faction or the other is foolish, because tying anything to the player factions dumbs it down, as we're already seeing with how these Allied Races are turning into passive-aggressive assholes with brittle emotional fragility for the sake of sloppily manufacturing conflict and shoehorning them into one side or the other.

Last edited by ARM3481; 01-06-2018 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-06-2018, 08:36 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Like Asterisk, I think they're just placeholders.

Moving on, what do you figure Dark Iron and Lighforged paladins will use as their paladin mounts? Simply the base-race's paladin mount?

What about Zandalari and Night Elf paladins, if those ever get added like they're meant to be?
Nah, if they can give Highmountain tauren druids and shamans those neat forms and the cool totem, they can give unique mounts to the pallies.

I'm hoping for a holy golem mount for dark irons and a holy talbuk mount for the lightforged draenei. We've got a bunch of elekks wearing blessed armor, but not a single talbuk.

If the night elves do get pallies then I hope their mount uses the Pandaria tiger model instead of the frail-looking Legion cat model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
Moar BfA artwork for those interested in:

vk.com/album-97800267_248773157

Stuff from this page of the thread is from the Blizzcon gallery.
Awesome! Thank you!

Those drust pictures are very unsettling and I love the octopus motif with the Kul Tirans
Old 01-06-2018, 08:41 PM

World Builder

I kinda hope that the Sea Priests aren't ALL evil and crazy closet old god worshippers

some kinda benevolent octopus/kraken demigod stepping up might be nice

Octopi get a bad rep in fiction for being cthulhuesque monsters but they're very smart, can be friendly (albeit smartassed) critters

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-07-2018, 05:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
I'm disinclined to think they're a deliberate creation of any kind, as their emergence is associated with the general emergence of life post-Old Gods in Chronicle. More likely they're just one of the many humanoid species that emerged from the planetwide explosion of life instigated by all that spilled Azeroth blood from Y'shaarj's extrication, and so their origin is no more titanic than that of the furbolgs or harpies.

In fact, it's perhaps no coincidence that Zandalar is found smack-dab in between the center of Ancient Kalimdor and what would become Pandaria. Its location brings up the possibility that perhaps trolls could have initially evolved along the banks of one or more river(s) of energized water running from the Well of Eternity down into to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

At this point it's basically impossible for trolls' origins to be entirely divorced from the titans, because nothing native to Azeroth is, as non-elemental and non-aqir/n'raqi life only started proliferating on Azeroth in the wake of the war with the Old Gods. Which makes them an indirect consequence of the titans, but not necessarily in any way a deliberate one.

Trying to tie the titans to one player faction or the other is foolish, because tying anything to the player factions dumbs it down, as we're already seeing with how these Allied Races are turning into passive-aggressive assholes with brittle emotional fragility for the sake of sloppily manufacturing conflict and shoehorning them into one side or the other.
You just can’t help yourself anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

Agreed, this is the best explanation and in-line with what Chronicles told us.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
orcs are titans creations
Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Eternal

Everything being a Titan construct/descended from one is a big mistake. Makes the universe feel way smaller and takes away some of the mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I too, enjoy a race on the verge of extinction, with the ones not doomed live by forgoing their cultural heritage.
I'm very tempted to make an extremely distasteful joke right now.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Based on data collected from other games as well as Chinese comics, the SoL Discord team has reached the conclusion that is due a playable slime race. This discovery is backed serious scientific experiments. Serious science!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I'm very tempted to make an extremely distasteful joke right now.
Shalom.

Quote:
Everything being a Titan construct/descended from one is a big mistake. Makes the universe feel way smaller and takes away some of the mystery.
Indeed.
I have been considering to label all of the latest Warcraft developments as "Titan Saga" or something in that vein. This was, retrospectively, their story.

Last edited by Thornedale; 01-07-2018 at 10:32 AM..
Old 01-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

black people are not an allied race Blizzard is racist.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Same. Interaction is one thing, I won't like it but I can stand it.

If they make trolls a titan construct? Then I unsub again.
I always thought Djinn features were extremely similar to Trolls, though their eyebrows actually seem more Elvish, and took note that Zandalari seem to have stony outgrowths.

It just makes sense to me that Proto-Dragons wouldn't be unique in possessing elemental ancestry.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
orcs are titans creations
Nah, they're unforseen side effects of a Titan's pet project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
.It just makes sense to me that Proto-Dragons wouldn't be unique in possessing elemental ancestry.
Chronicle states that proto-dragons are only one of the races descended from elementals, among others.

I theorize that basilisks and boars are too, and maybe wolves, accounting for their existence on Draenor too.

Last edited by Ethenil; 01-07-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Old 01-07-2018, 05:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Nah, they're unforseen side effects of a Titan's pet project.
That still makes them as "titanic" as humans, dwarfs, vrykul and the like.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
That still makes them as "titanic" as humans, dwarfs, vrykul and the like.
I honestly think that's kind of a dishonest claim to make. It's not like they were mass-produced soldiers out of a forge, Aggramar assembled a bunch of elemental magics together into Grond and then anything after that was accidental with no titan involvement.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I honestly think that's kind of a dishonest claim to make. It's not like they were mass-produced soldiers out of a forge, Aggramar assembled a bunch of elemental magics together into Grond and then anything after that was accidental with no titan involvement.
Humans, Vrykul, Dwarfs and Gnomes are all accidents that happened without titan involvement. It's the same thing, really, just that those descend from an entire legion of constructs, while the orcs descend from one, really, really big construct.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Well, not everything after Grond. Aggramar also deliberately fused titan discs onto the bodies of the Colossals to make them stronger right before he left.

After that it was all tamper-free, though.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Yet somehow a titan object was built to control the genesaur.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:55 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Yet somehow a titan object was built to control the genesaur.
Another consequence of Mirrored questing

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft