Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 12:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Default BlizzCon 2017: Jeremy Feasel interview

Our interview (audio) with Jeremy Feasel (@Muffinus) -- senior game designer II for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.

We have room for more questions for Jeremy Feasel. Focus your questions exclusively on Battle for Azeroth.

You can read the World of Warcraft: What's Next panel transcript to help with your question-crafting.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...nel-transcript

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 11-04-2017 at 08:20 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 PM

Arch-Druid

One Q&A said that the Horde is keeping some parts of Eastern Kingdoms, such as Silverpine. Is the Alliance keeping some parts of Kalimdor, perhaps Darkshore?

Is the raid with Azshara the unnamed raid coming at launch or one later in the expansion?

Will Hakkar have a role on Zandalar? The blood trolls' god apparently is not him.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:49 PM

World Builder

Can they do anything to address Night Elf players concerns?

Are there plans for the Nelfs / Forsaken to rebuild elsewhere or anything?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 01:09 PM

The Knight-Lord

Will we see significant updates to Quel'thalas and Azuremyst Isles to reflect the events of Battle for Azeroth, or will these BC-era zones remain forgotten again? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Old 11-04-2017, 01:20 PM

World Builder

Can they tell us anything about the internal politics of the Horde atm?

How do the orcs and tauren and trolls feel about the destruction of Teldrassil and this new war?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 01:47 PM

Warden

What is the current state of Goblin affairs since Kezan is being revisited? Are Gnomes any closer to taking/rebuilding Gnomeregan?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:55 PM

The Knight-Lord

Why are the Kul Tirans just coming out now? What's the reason behind their lack of Alliance involvement in past conflicts?

Quote:
Old 11-04-2017, 02:05 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
We have room for more questions for Jeremy Feasel. Focus your questions exclusively on Battle for Azeroth.

You can read the World of Warcraft: What's Next panel transcript to help with your question-crafting.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...nel-transcript
7.2 saw the introduction of the Mage Tower, a very rewarding single player skill challenge that was very well received. Can we expect to see more of that in Battle for Azeroth?

Can we expect to see more allied races within the 8.X patch cycles? Or that's the kind of thing that's mostly only going to be released alongside new expansions?

What drove the team away from designing a ship sailing mechanic? It would fit very well into the premise of Battle for Azeroth.

Legion saw plenty of Raid fight mechanics that required soaking a specific boss ability. That annoyed some people because some classes aren't exactly proficient at that task. Is Battle for Azeroth going to have more soaking in its raid mechanics?

Is the neck piece the only legendary that's going to be available for players in Battle for Azeroth?

Are Warforging and Titanforging staying?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Is Anduin the leader of the entire Alliance now?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
7.2 saw the introduction of the Mage Tower, a very rewarding single player skill challenge that was very well received. Can we expect to see more of that in Battle for Azeroth?
Good question. Not all might get answered. We are above 24 questions for a 30 minutes interview slot.

Quote:
Can we expect to see more allied races within the 8.X patch cycles? Or that's the kind of thing that's mostly only going to be released alongside new expansions?
This question is already asked and in the list. It's phrased different: "In terms of additional Allied Races beyond these six, are new ones coming in each expansion, or more coming during the lifespan of Battle for Azeroth? ."

Quote:
What drove the team away from designing a ship sailing mechanic? It would fit very well into the premise of Battle for Azeroth.
Like-minded brain. I added this question earlier. Phrased different, of course: "In Argus, we had the Vindicaar to navigate between Krokun, Mac'Aree, and the Antoran Wastes. Are we going to have a naval ship to travel between isles and continents at some point?."
Old 11-04-2017, 02:51 PM

The Knight-Lord

Do the Void Elves have any connection what-so-ever to the Sunwell, or is their connection to it severed upon becoming of the Void? If they do have a connection to it, is it painful due to the Sunwell’s Light side? If they don’t, is it the Void that’s now sustaining their addiction.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Arch-Druid

I have the interview's video file. I am still working on questions for the StarCraft: Remastered interview (taking place in a few minutes at 4:30pm PST).

Once that's done, I will start editing the video. I did hear there was a technical issue with the battery toward the middle. I haven't seen it yet, but there were two sound recording backups. I'll decide whether to add the video portion and fill the blanks with gameplay footage (which takes longer to edit); or just leave a still image.

I think I will use some footage I recorded of the six zones. Hopefully that's enough.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:34 PM

Arch-Druid

Keep us posted, I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:52 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Do you have plan to bring Arthas back?
Old 11-04-2017, 07:14 PM

Arch-Druid

The Interview audio is now live. Embeded the video to the original post above.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 11-04-2017 at 08:21 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 10:56 PM

Arch-Druid

I get they don't want to outright spoil but it sounds like Hakkar and the new god really aren't related. Man, a missed opportunity.

Glad it's not outright Old God exactly though. That's a neat twist.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:52 AM

Eternal

They should make it so Hakkar was corrupted by the other guy. Hope Hakkar is present in the expac somewhere.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

It's too late to ask this now, but I'd like to ask in what way Gilneas is coming back now that Alliance have a strong foothold in Lordaeron.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Arch-Druid

I wanted to bring up this points in a upcoming article I wanted to write, but seems like fair game to bring this up in a community discussion.

I'm very intrigued by what Blizzard meant with a Alliance-Only Eastern Kingdoms and a Horde-only Kalimdor.

The implications of that are very complex. You will notice that by the amount of questions one can self-dig (below)

1. For example: Teldrassil is burned. What is the new Night Elf city going to be and where (assuming it is in the Eastern Kingdoms).

Will the city location replace a previous questing area? For example: a natural place for the Night Elf civilization would be near an access point to the Emerald Dream such as Seradane in Hinterlands which is a large estate that is basically unused other than the portal itself, and the nightmare dragons there lorewise have been cleansed already years ago so the location should be updated.

2. Undercity is under siege by the Alliance in the cinematic shown at BlizzCon. If it becomes an Alliance stronghold, does that mean that Undercity will become a Worgen city?

3. If that's the case, where in Kalimdor would the Undead city be? Darkshore, Felwood, Desolace and Tanaris feel appropriate for a race that doesn't need much lush forests or sustenance as they are ... undead.

4. What about the Draenei in Azuremyst? Do they repair the Exodar and move it to Eastern Kingdoms, or simply pack up and move to the Vindicaar and move it to Quel'Thalas?

5. Do the Blood Elves get overwhelmed and sail to kalimdor, while the Draenei take their lands? If so, where can the Blood Elves move to in Kalimdor? Azuremyst doesn't look so bad, but there are other options: Since Night Elves leave Kalimdor there is a lot of estate left empty: such as Mount Hyjal, Feralas, Stonetalon Mountains, Ashenvale.

6. During our interview it was hinted that players can level up normally from level 1-110, and when they pick up the story from Battle of Azeroth, the world changes forever for those players -- meaning phasing technology is coming to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. At level 110 Horde you can be in Undercity as if nothing happened. The second you take the BFA quest, Undercity is now (let's imagine: Worgen capital) in the blink of an eye.

Does that mean there will be new quests (Level 120 end-game) in Tirisfal Garde, Azuremyst, Quel'Thalas, Darkshore -- or wherever these 4 races move into to progress that story of moving into a new location? Has anyone noticed how they didn't talk much about end-game content? Where is the Suramar of 8.1? Where is the Argus of 8.3? It as heck is not in Kul'Tiras or Zaldazar.

Update: Article now live with references to BlizzCon panels + our interview with Jeremy Feasel. Connecting the dots.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 11-05-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Old 11-05-2017, 09:23 PM

Eternal

Hey, I think you'll like the territory concept/theory I've made based on some things we know + wishlist.

I'll post it here again:

EASTERN KINGDOMS:

Arathi: Stromgarde and most of the zone is controlled by the Alliance, but there is a naval base for the Horde linking it with Quel'Thalas which supplies Hammerfall for the Arathi warfront;

Hillsbrad: a highly defended Southshore by the Forsaken, but surrounded - Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad retaken as Alliance territory, and the Dalaran crater rebuilt (as hinted by the mage mount quest) as Alliance or neutral territory;

Gilneas: an inversion of Cata Silverpine - fully under Alliance control, with a massive war effort pushing north, and the Greymane Wall rebuilt for extra defense;

Tirisfal: entirely under Alliance control, and Scarlet Monastery populated by Alliance priests, led by Alonsus Faol;

Silverpine: The Sepulcher heavily defended by the Forsaken and supported by the Horde from the sea; massive Alliance forces coming from the north, south and even east from an Alliance-held Fenris Keep as another warfront;

Plaguelands: Andorhal is retaken by the Alliance, but most of the rest is held by the Silver Hand, except Caer Darrow which is held by the Forsaken; Void Elves hold Quel'Lithien;

Ghostlands: massive Horde defense at the Thalassian Pass;

Eversong & Quel'Danas: Horde controlled;

Hinterlands: Revantusk is bolstered with Zandalari troops, and it is part of the naval line between Quel'Thalas and Arathi; massive war front between it and Aerie Peak;

Everything south of the Thandol Span: Alliance territory;

-----------

KALIMDOR:

Ashenvale: almost completely controlled by the Horde, except for a pocket of resistance at Shade Bough; the Cenarion Circle is now fully Alliance and use the Dream portals to quickly move around the world;

Felwood: controlled by the tauren who once were part of the Circle; Timbermaw Hold is allied with the Alliance and serves as an unbreakable barrier towards...

Moonglade: the greatest bastion of elven resistance in northern Kalimdor, protected by the Timbermaw Hold;

Mount Hyjal: lower portions controlled by the Horde, but from the Gates of Sothann up, the night elves and the Alliance hold it;

Feralas: the night elves have a mighty resistance line from Feathermoon Stronghold to the Dream Bough, plus Eldre'Thalas is held by the Alliance Shen'dralar;

Darkshore, Barrens, Dustwallow, Mulgore, Durotar, Azshara, Desolace, Thousand Needles: Horde territory;

Azuremyst Isles: Alliance territory, protected by the Vindicaar;

Tanaris & Winterspring: Horde-influenced, but really just neutral Steamwheedle;

Uldum: independent neutral;

Silithus: battleground between the factions;

----------

ORDERS OF THE LEGIONFALL:

Cenarion Circle: Fully Alliance, using the Emerald Dream to connect the Great Trees, based at the Moonglade; the tauren and trolls have left and have now formed their own Horde-alligned druidic order, called Circle of the Earth Mother or some shit like that;

Earthen Ring: Fully Horde, brought into the faction with Thrall's influence;

Silver Hand: Fully Alliance, being now an alliance between the old Silver Hand, the Argent Crusade and the Hand of Argus; the Crusade has an Alliance-alligned Crusader State of Hearthglen; the Blood Knights and the Sunwalkers have left for the Horde;

Ebon Blade: Neutral; many members are fighting for their factions for the fun of it; Acherus is wherever, probably Northrend;

Illidari: Neutral, for they have sacrificed everything, including their factions;

Order of the Broken Temple: Neutral; chilling around the Wandering Isle holding banquets;

Valarjar: Neutral, because duh;

Council of the Black Harvest: probably still neutral, since their members can sometimes meet to share secrets and stuff;

Conclave: Netherlight Temple becomes a neutral ground where the members of both factions can dialogue - their anger pacified by Saa'ra, just as A'dal did in Shattrath;

Unseen Path: The Sentinels and Silver Covenant leave it for the Alliance, and the Farstriders and Dark Rangers leave it for the Horde (with other members leaving for their respective factions); the lodge becomes a neutral ground for dialogue, overseen by friendly Highmountain tauren and Broken Isles night elves;

Tirisgarde: breaks up, with Dalaran and the Kirin Tor taking over the Hall of the Guardian; unsure if they become full neutral or remain and fully back up the Alliance; probably neutral helping Magni tend to the Wound;

Uncrowned: Remain as masterminds behind the shadows;

Tags
2017, blizzcon