Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-24-2018, 07:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Wording carefully is a tad hard when you have a limited vocabulary.

I never fat-shamed anyone. But body types are a reflex of lifestyles. Sure, there's genetics and age involted: older people will usually acumulate more excess fat; some people often get fat way easier than others.

But someone who's constantly working out will usually be fitter than someone who doesn't, it's simple. Sure, you can have large people doing fits of strength, like carrying crates or beating other people up, but they often won't to do so for long periods (and if their lifestyle requires them to do so often, they'd lose fat).

If WoW allowed us to select body type from the get-go, it wouldn't be a problem. IMO, there should be fat, thin, agile and muscular body types for humans already. But, since there's this "one body to represent the whole race", I do find it weird that they chose a fatter model to represent a group of (supposed) monster hunters. I'd rather have larger, sturdy bodies.
Olympic Games

Old 03-24-2018, 07:48 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Use those olympic athletes to model the female KulTiran bodies and people will call them ugly and disgusting.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Olympic Games
Yeah, because one example, carefully selected from a competition that favors arm strength over endurance, proves anything about how the average body build of a race of supposed monsters hunters should look like.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
The Siege of Lordaeron implies in the Horde losing Lordaeron, with its current ruler being the very same person who rules the losing faction.

It's a huge blow.

If the Alliance (hopefully) secures it for good, then that becomes a permanent, major loss to the Horde. Comic books are known for their culture of not perpetuating losses, especially heavy ones.

The very same goes for Teldrassil.
I see.

Well, I see it as a very shaky ground for saying Warcraft is moving away from comic book aesthetics and themes. Losses aren't actually that rare in superhero comics. Barry Allen died back in the 80s and only came back in the late 00s/early 10s, for example. Thor also spent a long time dead. The Superhero Registration Act DID pass, and stayed for quite a bit, most mutants DID lose their powers, and so on and so forth... Losses happen, they just aren't permanent.

If the Horde was losing Lordaeron permanently (debateable) and not gaining anything in Kalimdor as compensation (not gonna happen), then I could agree with you.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yeah, because one example, carefully selected from a competition that favors arm strength over endurance, proves anything about how the average body build of a race of supposed monsters hunters should look like.
ok, other competition

Old 03-24-2018, 08:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Olympic Games
That explains the high number of female dwarf players.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
another olympic competition

Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

There is a tortolla that sounds an AWFUL lot like James Woods.

Also Shen-sin zhu is a loa according to the tortollans.

And Torga is murdered and then reincarnated into a baby.

Last edited by Gurzog; 03-24-2018 at 08:24 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 08:41 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Dwarven body type would actually fit pretty well with kul tirans. Stout but not fat.

The male kul tiran would actually feel perfect to me by just downsizing the belly a bit. The rest of the model is pretty good IMO.

The female one, thought, I'd like to see a more dwarven or vrykul-like body type.

Quote:
another olympic competition
Your examples all apply either to sports that are about moving mass or stopping mass from moving, in which a larger body mass helps.

Now go for fencing, wrestling, climbing, sprinting, swimming, martial arts or anything that requires endurance and/or agility.

If WoW allowed us to select body types, it would be awesome to have all kinds of types available. But, since we are talking one body type per race that represents the average, fat being the average does not say "these guys work out a lot and have to endure many hardships".

Old 03-24-2018, 08:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Dwarven body type would actually fit pretty well with kul tirans. Stout but not fat.

The male kul tiran would actually feel perfect to me by just downsizing the belly a bit. The rest of the model is pretty good IMO.

The female one, thought, I'd like to see a more dwarven or vrykul-like body type.

Your examples all apply either to sports that are about moving mass or stopping mass from moving, in which a larger body mass helps.

Now go for fencing, wrestling, climbing, sprinting, swimming, martial arts or anything that requires endurance and/or agility.

If WoW allowed us to select body types, it would be awesome to have all kinds of types available. But, since we are talking one body type per race that represents the average, fat being the average does not say "these guys work out a lot and have to endure many hardships".
martil art

Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Whatever, Rhllor.
I see you are aching to play a kul tiran female. So, I hope they fatten the model a lot so they fit all the examples you just gave. Right now, they still look like house wives.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Banished

Ok.

Fuck it ignoring rhlorr.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Whatever, Rhllor.
I see you are aching to play a kul tiran female. So, I hope they fatten the model a lot so they fit all the examples you just gave. Right now, they still look like house wives.
I put those examples because you were being prejudiced!
you said that a person who does not enter with those types of body can not be an athlete of high global competition and it is not true!

I would be very afraid to make angry a sumo athlete

Last edited by Rhllor; 03-24-2018 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 09:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I put those examples because you were being prejudiced!
No, you put those examples because I don't like kul tiran models. And for some reason, you need to go all the way to prove that something Alliance players don't like is "cool" and "acceptable", despite having no real interest in them.

Quote:
you said that a person who does not enter with those types of body can not be an athlete of high global competition and it is not true!
I never said anything even close to that and I challenge you to find any quote from me that proves otherwise.

I did say that kul tiran females remind me more of house wives than monster hunters, and I stand by it. Your examples are all bigger than the female kul tian by the way. Blizzard tried to reach a middle ground between "beauty" and "large" with them, and ended up with a pretty normal look.

But guess what: I also look pretty normal, with my non-muscular arms and somewhat larger-than-it-should-be belly, but my body type would be terrible to base a fantasy race on. No one looks at me and thinks: "Oh, this guy is dangerous!".

Quote:
I would be very afraid to make angry a sumo athlete
Sure, because he trained all life to be able to pin down people. Just like I'd be afraid to meet a karate fighter, or a body builder., or a fencer. But guess, of all those, who would make the poorest adventurer in the wilds?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
No, you put those examples because I don't like kul tiran models. And for some reason, you need to go all the way to prove that something Alliance players don't like is "cool" and "acceptable", despite having no real interest in them.

I never said anything even close to that and I challenge you to find any quote from me that proves otherwise.

I did say that kul tiran females remind me more of house wives than monster hunters, and I stand by it. Your examples are all bigger than the female kul tian by the way. Blizzard tried to reach a middle ground between "beauty" and "large" with them, and ended up with a pretty normal look.

But guess what: I also look pretty normal, with my non-muscular arms and somewhat larger-than-it-should-be belly, but my body type would be terrible to base a fantasy race on. No one looks at me and thinks: "Oh, this guy is dangerous!".

Sure, because he trained all life to be able to pin down people. Just like I'd be afraid to meet a karate fighter, or a body builder., or a fencer. But guess, of all those, who would make the poorest adventurer in the wilds?
It seems good to me that you do not like them, but for me it is not correct to say that a person with a certain body type can not be an athlete or a martial artist because it is not true
Old 03-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It seems good to me that you do not like them, but for me it is not correct to say that a person with a certain body type can not be an athlete or a martial artist because it is not true
I. Never. Said. That.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I. Never. Said. That.
Quote:
Now go for fencing, wrestling, climbing, sprinting, swimming, martial arts or anything that requires endurance
Quote:
Sure, you can have large people doing fits of strength, like carrying crates or beating other people up, but they often won't to do so for long periods (and if their lifestyle requires them to do so often, they'd lose fat).
that's what you put
Old 03-24-2018, 09:49 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Old 03-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
that's what you put
And I stand by it.

About martial arts, since you bolded it, there are hundreds of martial arts. You can't take a ritual combat form that is based on being fat as proof against what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Nice.

A significant distinction in muscle strength and endurance time among the obese, overweight groups comparing to the normal weight groups was identified. Additionally there was a positive correlation between muscle strength and body mass index percentile while muscle endurance time had a negative correlation with it.

This subject is over for me.

Last edited by Deicide; 03-24-2018 at 10:03 AM..
Old 03-24-2018, 12:20 PM

Banished

Nazmir reminds me slightly of some indiana jones movie but in kashyyk, with ehm.... Avatar mixed into it (zandalari stuff) its an alright zone Zuldazar is Emperors new clothes mixed with jurassic park mixed with that dinosaur game Ark?

Boralus is actually imo more enjoyable for questing.

Last edited by Gurzog; 03-24-2018 at 04:34 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM

Glaive Thrower

imagine the heights this forum can reach once we get female ogres.. i hope someone will pull the "overweight people dont fit my power fantasy ideals so they shouldnt be in my muscle comicbook game" card on them too

please petition for the removal of dwarf females on the same basis, or any other character option you personally dont find attractive

Edit: I don't like KulTirans either, but mainly because of the inconsistencies they bring about. Every KT human before BfA was portrayed as "normal" sized azerothian human. They should've made the big!human and the slim one an option for normal human character creation imo.. but this was already said by others I believe and is true for half of the allied races, so like whatever, the point is having more variety in models won't hurt any of you either way lol

Last edited by Rexxar; 03-24-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-24-2018, 01:51 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
imagine the heights this forum can reach once we get female ogres.. i hope someone will pull the "overweight people dont fit my power fantasy ideals so they shouldnt be in my muscle comicbook game" card on them too

please petition for the removal of dwarf females on the same basis, or any other character option you personally dont find attractive

Edit: I don't like KulTirans either, but mainly because of the inconsistencies they bring about. Every KT human before BfA was portrayed as "normal" sized azerothian human. They should've made the big!human and the slim one an option for normal human character creation imo.. but this was already said by others I believe and is true for half of the allied races, so like whatever, the point is having more variety in models won't hurt any of you either way lol
Just for the record. I can't speak for others, but I was replying specifically in regard to the fatshaming comments. As for the Kul Tirans as an allied race, I don't really care.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Is disliking the models or not being completely satisfied with them really fat-shaming? I would've thought that it takes more than just having different preferences in order to consider a statement fat-shaming.

I mean, out of the resent comments I've seen in this thread, I would actually say that yours comes closest to fat-shaming, Ganishka. (Sorry.) The bolded part, to be precise.
It's just more proof that it's impossible to post feedback and try to be as polite and considerate as possible about this player model without certain people still having a nuclear meltdown and acting like a whiny bitchboy so I wash my hands of it.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
So much straw you made a scarecrow. You won't get ogres and they've been established as big characters. No surprise people didn't like fat Kul Tirans when they've been shown as normal sized humans before.

Quote:
Acting childish doesn't make you come off better than the opposition.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
please petition for the removal of dwarf females on the same basis, or any other character option you personally dont find attractive l
If you think Dwarves are more 'fat' than 'stout' then you seriously need to have your eyes checked.

Not addressing the rest of your post since it just makes you sound like a moron.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft