Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 01:05 AM

Ranger
BattleTag: Sayomara#1618

Default Sword of justice comic

Blizzard recently put out graphic novel for the Sword of Justice comic. I was given chance to look at the comic and review it and I'll be honest I thought it was kinda horrible.

From the art to the plot I just didn't see a lot here. I mean I've read worse but people seem to be just gushing over it, and I'm trying to figure out if its me that is out of sync or are the reviews just written by Diablo fans who are going to love what is ever put in front of them.
My Everything Podcast: Far Afield
Old 08-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I read the 3 first issues some time ago and didn't find them interesting at all. I don't know, the plot, or maybe the setting, I found it boring. Needs more personality and more universe background, pretty much none was provided. Diablo lore can do better, really.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Handclaw is interviewing Joseph Lacroix for Blizzplanet at GamesCom.

I was told Joseph will be one of the artists for Diablo III: Book of Tyrael.

So if anyone has a question for him, feel free to post it. The interview will be on Friday, August 23.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Eternal

I bought it, read it, really didn't like it at all. The art was bad, and the story was just awful. Many of the Diablo novels and stories are well done, like the Sin war Trilogy, and the black road, but this one stands as one of the worst ones to date.

All the bad Diablo stories have a single thing in common, that they all try to go over the top in blood and dark evil things in an attempt to try and make it "scary". All it ends up doing is making it look like they are trying too hard. Gore and satanic rituals are scary, right? Let's just pack the story with them, so it's EXTRA SCARY!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I thought it was alright but it never related well to Diablo 3 like i expected. The Art was crazy off though.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM

Eternal

I also got tired of the constant deus ex machina "I had a vision saying you needed help here! So here I am!" Happens at least twice in major moments of the story.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

I liked the art. It remembered me to Hellboy (which I love).

But I never understood how the comic tied with Diablo III. I mean... at the comic's end, the boy keeps the Sword. But in Diablo III, Tyrael has it. Did they meet or something? How did Tyrael retriev his sword?

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Sayomara#1618

Someone was telling me on Twitter that Jacob was mentioned in Blizzard San Diego comic con panel as being in the next Diablo xpac but I haven't had a chance to check yet. But that might explain how Tryal got his sword back
My Everything Podcast: Far Afield
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM

Critter

Thanks for suggest.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddisi23 View Post
Blizzard afresh put out clear atypical for the Sword of Justice comic. I was accustomed adventitious to attending at the banana and analysis it and I'll be honest I anticipation it was kinda horrible.

From the art to the artifice I just didn't see a lot here. I beggarly I've apprehend worse but humans assume to be just blubbering over it, and I'm aggravating to amount out if its me that is out of accompany or are the reviews just accounting by Diabolic admirers who are traveling to adulation what is anytime put in foreground of them.
This is fucking genius.

Thanks for making my day, bot.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Tags
cartoons, diablo