Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Warchief Mok'Morokk along with playable Ogres.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Kynrind Kynrind is offline

Arch-Druid
Kynrind's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Edit'd. I'd also exclude the Blood Elves for different reasons - I recommend a mandatory waiting period before anyone who very recently attempted to rejoin the Alliance is allowed to become the Horde's warchief.

(Does that exclude Baine? )
The Blood elves thinking about changing sides is probably not common knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
The Blood elves thinking about changing sides is probably not common knowledge.
...

I'm not exactly considered a Horde fan around here, but the idea of either Lor'themar or Baine getting warchief is pretty offensive to me. Baine because he's the Anduin of the Horde, allowing his own people to die as other groups butcher them.

And Lor'themar because he's... well, we'll just say his character consistently puts his own people's needs far far above the Horde's needs as a whole. Great for a racial leader. Terrible for a warchief. If it's not offensive to the in-universe characters, it still feels like a slap to the fandom to have their warchief as a guy whose people were a critical part of the Alliance's gameplay in 2/3 RTS games and who tried to make it happen again in lore during the most recent WoW expansion.


EDIT: If ogres suddenly joined the Alliance, I wouldn't want one as the main faction leader. Not for a long time, anyway. And I loves ogres.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-11-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,572

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
The Blood elves thinking about changing sides is probably not common knowledge.
Missing the point.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:28 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
It would almost be like a Horde version of the High King, with Blizzard telling us something like "the Horde has always been about orcs". Yuck.
Serious or not I think even Vol'jin, dull as he is, could bring much needed variety to the Horde through his influence as Warchief.

Unless he is totally misused, which is a strong possibility. I am not even cynical when I say that. Chances are he will be made bland as fuck Thrall 2.0 and any interesting aspects of him being a troll will be washed away (for example, pushing Loa worship as the official religion of the Horde) and he might as well be any race. : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettin View Post
Well, it all depends whether the title of warchief and of head of state of Durotar are essentially linked or not, I would say. If it is, then how can it not be an orc?
At this point all information, official and unofficial points to Vol'jin as Warchief, so a non-orc Warchief is happening. Admittedly his people living in Durotar too eliminates the need for an orcish overlord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm not exactly considered a Horde fan around here, but the idea of either Lor'themar or Baine getting warchief is pretty offensive to me. Baine because he's the Anduin of the Horde, allowing his own people to die as other groups butcher them.

And Lor'themar because he's... well, we'll just say his character consistently puts his own people's needs far far above the Horde's needs as a whole. Great for a racial leader. Terrible for a warchief. If it's not offensive to the in-universe characters, it still feels like a slap to the fandom to have their warchief as a guy whose people were a critical part of the Alliance's gameplay in 2/3 RTS games and who tried to make it happen again in lore during the most recent WoW expansion.
Some of us like pragmatic characters. LT may have wanted to protect his people from Garrosh's racism by leaving, however, put him in command of the Horde? The pragmatists he is, he would never leave then. The success of the Horde would directly prop up his own people, holding key leadership positions.

I find a pragmatic leader who plays favorites (but is still reasonable and competent) a better story than boring good guy who does nothing wrong, in fact does nothing period. Not to mention BEs are always a bit disconnected from the Horde due to history and thematics, if one were to catapult them into the forefront of the Horde suddenly, then great and interesting things would happen from the odd mix of themes and people.

The "what could have been" brings a tear to my eye.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

As much as I like Theron, I think the Blood Elves should be lead by a mage.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:58 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
As much as I like Theron, I think the Blood Elves should be lead by a mage.
Yeah, you and everyone else.
Too bad he's dead and looted.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
As much as I like Theron, I think the Blood Elves should be lead by a warlock.
Fixed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Nah, not Kael. Let him stay dead. Rommath should be the leader.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,997

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Fixed.
You meant Void Blood Knight.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Wrathion!
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
As much as I like Theron, I think the Blood Elves should be lead by a warlock.
Fixed.

Yeah, you and everyone else.
Too bad he's dead and looted.

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You meant Void Blood Knight.
Hush supplicant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Too bad he's dead and looted.
Twice!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Korath Korath is offline

Hon hon hon
Korath's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 4,643

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post

Some of us like pragmatic characters. LT may have wanted to protect his people from Garrosh's racism by leaving, however, put him in command of the Horde? The pragmatists he is, he would never leave then. The success of the Horde would directly prop up his own people, holding key leadership positions.

I find a pragmatic leader who plays favorites (but is still reasonable and competent) a better story than boring good guy who does nothing wrong, in fact does nothing period. Not to mention BEs are always a bit disconnected from the Horde due to history and thematics, if one were to catapult them into the forefront of the Horde suddenly, then great and interesting things would happen from the odd mix of themes and people.

The "what could have been" brings a tear to my eye.
This. So much this. Theron could be a "successful Garrosh" in that he would put the Blood Elves above other Horde races in his priorities, but he would still insure the safety of the Horde, since his failure during his tenure as a Warchief would bring doom to his people.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Lumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
This. So much this. Theron could be a "successful Garrosh" in that he would put the Blood Elves above other Horde races in his priorities, but he would still insure the safety of the Horde, since his failure during his tenure as a Warchief would bring doom to his people.
I would demand a short story about Lor'themar and Sylvanas standing together in Orgrimmar, briefly snarking about their service time as Sons of Lothar. A brief reference to when Sylvanas's family was killed, along with whatever happened to Lor'themar's family if anything - by the orcs, undead, trolls, and goblins. I demand one joke about renaming the capital Anasterian and declaring the remaining Horde races as slaves to the Sin'dorei.

Share a laugh, before getting back to their srs bsns. Then the new warchief may begin his reign, and we can have two different pale-skinned human-looking faction leaders in WoW.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-11-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Nah, not Kael. Let him stay dead. Rommath should be the leader.
Rommath is still as obscure as Lor'themar used to be, possibly even more so.

I say they promote Eldin Sunstrider from random hero to actual WoW character.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:02 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Warchief Liadrin

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:06 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Warchief Liadrin
She's way too badass to be a Warchief.

Thank God Kir isn't here.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Default

Speaking of images. Do we think Blizzard will really start using someone other than Thrall to present as the face of the Horde?



Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

I do find it funny that blizzard tries really hard to find faces for the factions but some/many/most fans are tired of that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:44 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

At least they remember the Lich King.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Griselda Blackhand's and Turok's Mok'nathal love child.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Griselda Blackhand's and Turok's Mok'nathal love child.
This.

You know... Or Ner'zhul possessed Bolvar.



I also accept Kil'jaden as a candidate.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,198

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I do find it funny that blizzard tries really hard to find faces for the factions but some/many/most fans are tired of that.
I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Griselda Blackhand's and Turok's Mok'nathal love child.
Rexxar?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanwank, go'el's gaol, i don't eat pork, warchief

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.