Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Big fan of Saurfang and Eitrigg philosophy, so I guess I'll jump in the Ariok wagon.

He has honor and is kinda neutral with the Alliance. Yeah, he's an orc and he's not a human-fan, but he's not like Garrosh and follows the New Horde (Thrall's, Saurfang's, Cairne's, etc) terms.

Just for being a younger Eitrigg and hating the treacherous part of the Blackrock (sticking with his father's side of the clan) I like him a lot.

Another character that has a little potential for being the daughter of a badass orc is Thura, but I never liked her character, just the fact that she's from the Saurfang bloodline. lol

TL;DR: Ariok, maaaybe (if character revamped) Thura Saurfang.

Note: I know I made a lot of assumptions in this post, but it's just what I think he is besides what was shown in-game (honorable and hates the corrupted Blackrock).

Last edited by Kromash; 08-11-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Speaking of images. Do we think Blizzard will really start using someone other than Thrall to present as the face of the Horde?
After Garrosh, there honestly isn't another orc character that represents the horde better.
Really, I'm not just saying that, there is literally no other orc character who represents the horde, even Saurfang and rexxar are characters who have been out of touch with the story for a long time. And even now, Rexxar isn't involved in any of the current lore.
So.. yeah, you don't have anyone else who, as a orc, represents the horde.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
After Garrosh, there honestly isn't another orc character that represents the horde better.
Really, I'm not just saying that, there is literally no other orc character who represents the horde, even Saurfang and rexxar are characters who have been out of touch with the story for a long time. And even now, Rexxar isn't involved in any of the current lore.
So.. yeah, you don't have anyone else who, as a orc, represents the horde.
Based on the themes of MoP, the player supposedly represents the Horde ideal best.

Which basically means that according to the narrative, the best candidate for Warchief is the one character prevented by game mechanics from ever becoming Warchief.

Gameplay trumps story, right?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:35 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Based on the themes of MoP, the player supposedly represents the Horde ideal best.

Which basically means that according to the narrative, the best candidate for Warchief is the one character prevented by game mechanics from ever becoming Warchief.

Gameplay trumps story, right?
I still maintain that Goblin Player Character should've been the trade prince and racial leader.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
I still maintain that Goblin Player Character should've been the trade prince and racial leader.
They should, at least, make the player a trade baron(ess).
Old 08-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
They should, at least, make the player a trade baron(ess).
Yay another useless title.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Bovan Windtotem from Warcraft 3.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 AM

Arch-Druid

You know who the Horde really needs at the reins of the Orcish people? An Orc who took his people out of the gutter and made himself a legitimate, proud kingdom.

I am, of course, referring to King Obould Many-Arrows.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
You know who the Horde really needs at the reins of the Orcish people? An Orc who took his people out of the gutter and made himself a legitimate, proud kingdom.

Thrall could've been that. Even Garrosh could've been that had Blizzard tried hard enough.

Alas, wasn't meant to be.

I'd have to agree that Gorgonna might be able to fit the bill, if she ever decided to reappear from wherever it is characters go when they're forgotten.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:

Eberron orcs called to say that non-Eberron orcs suck.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:01 AM

The Sun King

Warlock

Quote:
Yeah, you and everyone else.
Too bad he's dead and looted.

Indeed, wouldn't it be wise? Warlock AND Mage?

Quote:

4E's Obould and his Kingdom of Many-Arrows are an obvious ripoff of Thrall and Durotar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Not all that minor, but still out of left field: Jaina Proudmoore.

As the first human to actively respect and work with the orcs, but also the one most hurt by their actions, she has a much clearer perspective on the orcs than anyone else. She knows what they can be at their best, but also what they can be at their worst, far better than anyone in the horde itself could know.
This is an interesting choice, I like it.

Nevertheless, when I thought of an obscure character that would rise as the Warchief, I first thought of...

Neeru Fireblade.

Unchecked and unseen as soon as Thrall was out of picture, his political maneuvering slowly but steadily turned him from the main Burning Legion suspect to the main representative of "We warlocks are not bad at all!".

Studying the cave systems under Orgrimmar, he sees sources of vacant magic, both elemental and leyline-dependant. After Garrosh's defeat, Neeru moves his agents to the underground complex, intent on looting its secrets for his own group. Fascinated by the newfound power, leftover of an Old God and its elemental agents, he now sees for real that the orcs do not need the Legion to achieve the miraculous power over magic. Finally, the secret chieftain of the Burning Blade clan has a set goal before him: a strong Horde, united and kept together by the Shadow Council once again.

Making himself reputation as a fair fighter for warlocks' rights and re-recognition in the Horde among the smallfolk, and a powerful researcher and spellcaster in his own right among the magic-minded circles, Neeru starts the campaign of "giving the power to the people", appealing to the fact that if a Warchief continues to run the empire unchecked, like Garrosh did, the Horde is sure to fall to internal fighting once again, as soon as some upstart decides that he's better at ruling the coalition. As his warlocks and mages give out free bread and meat to the populace of Orgrimmar, Neeru rallies a mostly uneducated crowd of citizens to support something they barely have understanding of: an elected council to keep the hold on the Horde and its Warchief.

That council is, of course, the Shadow Council.

Continuing his populist activities, the warlock organizes 'accidental' murder of the local farseers by the angered crowd, making a statement to all shamans that would even think of interfering.

In a matter of weeks, nay, days, Orgrimmar is in revolutionary chaos, blood and gore mixed together bread and circus. The screams of "Down with absolutism!" (many mispronouncing it as 'absolvitism' or 'abbalinism') and "Power to the council!" filling the air. Before the ragtag horde, the newly 'elected' Warchief Neeru Fireblade declares that the will of the people will be followed and their chosen representatives, who valiantly led the Great Warlock Revolution for the Good of People, of course, shall become the ruling council of the Horde, one that even a Warchief must obey.

In a few days, Ex-Warchief Thrall is found dead from poison in his small Nagrand crib.

Tags
fanwank, go'el's gaol, i don't eat pork, warchief