Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-20-2016, 12:06 PM

Keeper of the Grove

With Rokhan leading them, the Darkspear's involvement will become more mysterious and underplayed. Subterfuge will be their hallmark, with Shadow Hunters and other rogues comprising the bulk of their military strength. The only other figure who could possibly challenge him (legally) would be Master Gadrin, but something tells me he'd rather stay in his little village. Perhaps Zalazane will be reborn in the Shadowlands, coming back to tell the tribe 'I told you so!'

Orcs will continue to be leaderless, and this will suit them just fine. The clans/warbands/settlements will become more secular, with each party of looking after it's own. They will avoid all of that Kor'kron mentality of Garrosh's reign, instead focusing on the innate challenge of life and overcoming. But old habits die hard, it seems. For every hero molded by this adventurer's path, just as many are turning to more dark arts. The Wheel Spins again, and Teron Gorefiend arrives with promises of dark power.

This would suit Sylvanas just fine, you think, but it turns out that Gorefiend wants nothing at all to do with her. Power hungry, she says. But no, he just thinks she's a poor leader. Division returns to the west and east, with the separate Hordes keeping themselves at arm's length.

Blood Elves struggle to reunify with their disparate cousins. Doesn't work, though, and somewhere in there Rommath sides with a) the Legion or b) Illidan. Big division in the ranks, there, but in a way that allows players to choose between the I am a Good Guy elf and I'm an Evil Sorcerer Elf. Meanwhile, the Ghostlands remain unchanged.

Magatha makes her grand appearance, at some point, supercharged with energy and making grand schemes with Sylvanas. She's not at all interested in the magical powers she's arrayed as the political control that it can bestow. She focuses, along with Sylvanas, on keeping control on the disparate Horde.

Goblins continue making money. Gallywix has been busy trying to recruit the other Cartels, but to no avail.

Ogres join the Horde, before the end, and it is glorious.

Last edited by Hagrid; 08-20-2016 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-20-2016, 12:16 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
The only other figure who could possibly challenge him (legally) would be Master Gadrin
See, everyone forgets about Vanira.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:20 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
See, everyone forgets about Vanira.
She does need more involvement, I agree. Maybe she's pregnant with Vol'jin's kiddo, but again the question arises as to where the lady was during the funeral. I understand that it was a pretty hectic scene, though, so it makes sense that she might not be at the forefront of the action - especially if she's pregnant.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
She does need more involvement, I agree. Maybe she's pregnant with Vol'jin's kiddo, but again the question arises as to where the lady was during the funeral. I understand that it was a pretty hectic scene, though, so it makes sense that she might not be at the forefront of the action - especially if she's pregnant.
Why would you automatically go with pregnancy rather than leadership skills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:02 PM

Banished

Quote:
and it is glorious.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Because people have a hard time letting go of dynasties, I guess?

That said, in Shadows of the Horde, there's one oblique reference which may or may not suggest that Vol'jin had a lover somewhere back home. Add to that the fact Vanira was one of the few NPCs in Darkspear Hold proper (also, can we take a moment to weep at the fact Darkspear Hold is a single hut?), and there's a remote, but non-zero chance that Vol'jin and Vanira were a thing (or Vol'jin and Tortunga, I guess).

But ultimately, if Sen'jin's family line died with Vol'jin, that's fine too. A bummer, sure, but fine.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Baine is a spineless idiot that ought to die so a leader who actually cares when his people are murdered can take charge.
Like who? Magatha?

Magatha is a snarky bitch who is responsible for sweet Cairne's death.

I hate the shamanic hoe. She shouldn't be a shaman and Gul'dan should trap that loser's soul in a soul shard and have her soul tortured by demons for killing Cairne. She is evil and a seemingly spineless idiot.

Last edited by necrophotic; 08-20-2016 at 10:44 PM..
Old 08-20-2016, 10:52 PM

Banished

I'd so be here for Sylvanas/Magatha/Bwonsamdi leadership
Old 08-21-2016, 09:19 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I'd tell you to remember their species, but the Darkspear are more progressive than the other tribes, you're right.

Actually, is the females-as-property thing still canon for the other tribes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Because people have a hard time letting go of dynasties, I guess?

That said, in Shadows of the Horde, there's one oblique reference which may or may not suggest that Vol'jin had a lover somewhere back home. Add to that the fact Vanira was one of the few NPCs in Darkspear Hold proper (also, can we take a moment to weep at the fact Darkspear Hold is a single hut?), and there's a remote, but non-zero chance that Vol'jin and Vanira were a thing (or Vol'jin and Tortunga, I guess).

But ultimately, if Sen'jin's family line died with Vol'jin, that's fine too. A bummer, sure, but fine.
Honestly, I always wanted Vol'jin to be gay. That a troll, of all things, has taken no noticeable mate (or select group of mates) was always weird to me. And with hsi short story released in Cataclysm, well, it kind of alluded to a Two-Spirit Native American thing with Zalazane there.

Last edited by Hagrid; 08-21-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-21-2016, 09:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Actually, is the females-as-property thing still canon for the other tribes?
It's safe to toss that in the "RPG only" bin. Even in vanilla, it seemed pretty questionable (along with the stated quilboar gender stuff)
Old 08-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
It's safe to toss that in the "RPG only" bin. Even in vanilla, it seemed pretty questionable (along with the stated quilboar gender stuff)
Can't remember what they said about the Quilboar, but their models do support some gender imbalance. I'd rather it stay that way, as I don't trust Blizzard to meddle with my favorite mob race. :'(
Old 08-24-2016, 04:37 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Slowly, over time, more and more leaders that were outspoken about Sylvanas will come around to her. This will all be great a golden age for the Horde - even the Alliance seems content with leaving Lordaeron, Azshara, and the Barrens alone. Until one day, a banshee tries to control the Horde PC.

Everything you know will be thrown into chaos. The PC, not knowing who to trust, will have to play along with being possessed. Slowly build a group of trustworthy allies. Eventually, after a few patches of building the story line, everything will blow up, and Sylvanas will be dead, leaving the Horde requiring a new Warchief. A hero that has withstood all that has been thrown at them. A true paragon of the Horde.

Someone like the player character.

Warchief.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 08-24-2016, 07:33 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
A true paragon of the Horde.

Someone like the player character.

Warchief.
> Paragon of the Horde
> Digs through shit for new pants

Excellent leadership choice.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:56 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
> Paragon of the Horde
> Digs through shit for new pants

Excellent leadership choice.
Are you saying you won't make the Horde great again?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"

Tags
horde, wow legion