Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelgrin View Post
Edit: Also, love how the Kor'kron tabard/symbol is a modified Warsong symbol
Makes me wonder if the Kor'kron have always been principally made up from the remnants of the Warsong clan?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
handclaw handclaw is offline


handclaw's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,338

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Yeah, I don't think that Vol'jin, Baine or whoever will be the new Warchief will keep the Kor'kron : the order will probably be disbanded. I think that the Horde should create a new elite force, more akin to the 7th Legion : members of the Horde who have proven their worth and gained the right to be incorporated among their peers as the best troops that the Horde can field.
Well, if Vol'jin becomes Warchief, he could surely use the Siame-Quashi to replace 'hem... Heck, I wonder if we will see any of them again at all during the rebellion. : p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Makes me wonder if the Kor'kron have always been principally made up from the remnants of the Warsong clan?
Eh, I belief it's just a recent development since Garrosh became Warchief to represent him better.
__________________


I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.

Last edited by handclaw; 03-28-2013 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Eelgrin Eelgrin is offline

Demon Hunter
Eelgrin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 446

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Makes me wonder if the Kor'kron have always been principally made up from the remnants of the Warsong clan?
The only members I can think of whose clans we know are the Saurfangs, and Malkorok (if he's formally Kor'kron) all of which are Blackrock, I believe.

I could see Garrosh having the organization's symbol changed to match his own clan.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Yeah, I don't think that Vol'jin, Baine or whoever will be the new Warchief will keep the Kor'kron : the order will probably be disbanded. I think that the Horde should create a new elite force, more akin to the 7th Legion : members of the Horde who have proven their worth and gained the right to be incorporated among their peers as the best troops that the Horde can field.
Can always ask Stockton since he's always answering pet battle questions.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Korath Korath is offline

Hon hon hon
Korath's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 4,643

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Can always ask Stockton since he's always answering pet battle questions.
Wut ? Who's Stockton ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Well, if Vol'jin becomes Warchief, he could surely use the Siame-Quashi to replace 'hem... Heck, I wonder if we will see any of them again at all during the rebellion. : p
Someone should tweet it to Kosak, I think. Otherwhise, the Siame-Quashi will probably fly under the radar.
__________________
"Kanedaaa!"
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Wut ? Who's Stockton ?
Cory Stockton. A CDev.
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Cory Stockton. A CDev.
Cory's not on CDev. He's on team 2, the WoW team. He's the lead content designer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

He's Kosaks boss. His forum name was Mumper.

https://twitter.com/mumper
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,987
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Yeah, I don't think that Vol'jin, Baine or whoever will be the new Warchief will keep the Kor'kron : the order will probably be disbanded. I think that the Horde should create a new elite force, more akin to the 7th Legion : members of the Horde who have proven their worth and gained the right to be incorporated among their peers as the best troops that the Horde can field.
Well, originally the Kor'kron were just the personal bodyguards of the Warchief. His/her private retinue of secret service agents. Garrosh grew it into his own personal army and police force. Although the Kor'kron name is probably too stained now to go back to its old status.

I like your idea of an elective elite fighting force. They could be an autonomous fighting force, whose loyalties lie with the Horde... and not necessarily the Warchief. Tasked with upholding the Horde's core values and protecting it from another Garrosh coming into power if need be.
__________________
Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Mordecay Mordecay is offline

Keeper of the Grove
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 685

Default

Any changes to Ratchet and Crossroads?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Cory's not on CDev. He's on team 2, the WoW team. He's the lead content designer.
Lol... Don't know why I mistook him with Cam Dayton.
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Jiwat Jiwat is offline

Arch-Druid
Jiwat's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,043

Default

Wouldn't be surprised if Grom's group eventually became Thrall's original Kor'kon. I always had the feeling Thrall wasn't exactly thrilled the Warsong Clan, but his refugee caravan needed the protection and they had weapons and orcs who hadn't been famished and abused. It's sort of like hiring a band of biker thugs to protect you while you ride through a rough part of town.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I wonder if lil' bad wolf will get a unique 'worgen pup' model or just be a smaller version of the original. Would be interesting to see but I'm leaning on the latter as likely to happen.
Hope not. I've already got a Grimtale pet, and I hate renaming.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Jiggler Jiggler is offline

Sentinel Queen
Jiggler's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 915
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Well, originally the Kor'kron were just the personal bodyguards of the Warchief. His/her private retinue of secret service agents. Garrosh grew it into his own personal army and police force. Although the Kor'kron name is probably too stained now to go back to its old status.

I like your idea of an elective elite fighting force. They could be an autonomous fighting force, whose loyalties lie with the Horde... and not necessarily the Warchief. Tasked with upholding the Horde's core values and protecting it from another Garrosh coming into power if need be.
We'll call it the Horxxi.

Last edited by Jiggler; 03-28-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Hope not. I've already got a Grimtale pet, and I hate renaming.
I saw that, but why would a model change make it any different if it's a worgen anyway?

I'm wondering how all this revamped stuff will be handled. Maybe phased? I imagine this might have some issues on PvP servers, specifically.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

It's not just a Warsong face, but it's brown like Garrosh.

The whole tabard for the Kor'kron is basically Garrosh worshipping himself it seems.

Also, I miss when the Kor'kron was basically this small, elite force that you called in when everything went to hell. It seems Garrosh has expanded it considerably.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Kosak said that alliance will have their own caravans, I am not sure what that means in terms of game mechanics (yes there is probably gonna be a model, but i don't know how that will combat things like Alliance getting horde guards on them on normal/RP servers, and the low lvl stuff he said will be fixed with the next update or later.... Which I guess is tomorrow maybe or later.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Kosak said that alliance will have their own caravans, I am not sure what that means in terms of game mechanics (yes there is probably gonna be a model, but i don't know how that will combat things like Alliance getting horde guards on them on normal/RP servers, and the low lvl stuff he said will be fixed with the next update or later.... Which I guess is tomorrow maybe or later.
What I'm hoping is that the Alliance will be getting their own camp or something. Maybe a little base camp near Northwatch Foothold since it's also in Durotar, instead of just using Razor Hill.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Seems to me the Kor'kron have not only suddenly turned into the most ravenous Garrosh loyalists, but the corps has been expanded considerably since he came in power. I don't think it's been specifically mentioned in the game, but everything we see points to it. The fact that they have the numbers to impose martial law on an island and its whole population, can occupy two entire zones and now include a variety of classes and professions in their ranks all attests to it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

Is there any 7th Legion stuff? Id kinda like to see if there is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,010

Default

WoW Insider says there have been changes made to the Southern Barrens too, but did not elaborate. Maybe a rebuilt Northwatch? Just a typo on their part (as they didn't mention Durotar)?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
WoW Insider says there have been changes made to the Southern Barrens too, but did not elaborate. Maybe a rebuilt Northwatch? Just a typo on their part (as they didn't mention Durotar)?
I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case. They did punch through the blockade and Kraken to retake and rebuild that lost position at the end of Tides of Horde.

Maybe they will also bolster up Fort Triumph as well?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Reignac Reignac is offline

Elune
Reignac's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yes.
Posts: 6,837

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Is there any 7th Legion stuff? Id kinda like to see if there is.
I'm pretty sure the Alliance's involvement in this patch is the player and a handful of SI:7. They're subtly providing for the Horde rebellion, but the Alliance's army hasn't made a move yet.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

New build coming soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

new build incoming .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mists of pandaria, patch 5.3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.