Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2016, 04:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
By the way, this is apparently Joker's theme song since it was played in the few scenes he was in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8
That's.... not very good.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Shut up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Shut up.
You're right, Noitora..

It's not good at all.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Yeah, but it fit with the style they decided to go for him which was a gangsta pimp who wears bling. Was that actually part of the specific comic story this movie is based on?
Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but it fit with the style they decided to go for him which was a gangsta pimp who wears bling. Was that actually part of the specific comic story this movie is based on?
I don't actually know what comic story SS is based on, but I know Joker acting more like a Gangster isn't uncommon in many of his incarnations.. One of the most famous "Gangster" joker incarnations flipped a wig at Red Skull because he was an "American" psychopath and fuck Nazi's.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
I like plenty of gangsta pimp brag-raps, and I don't think it's entirely unsuitable for an incarnation of the Joker. It's just this particular one that I think is quite bad.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 08-06-2016 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-06-2016, 05:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
I like plenty of gangsta pimp brag-raps, and I don't think it's entirely unsuitable for an incarnation of the Joker. It's just this particular one that I don't think is quite bad.
You know nothing, Pink Hat.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You know nothing, Pink Hat.
Sorry, accidentally put a negative too many in that sentence.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:15 AM

Hon hon hon

There is rumors about the deleted scenes of the movie which would have changed greatly its tone and quality (for the better, I think) if they happen to be true.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:09 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
There is rumors about the deleted scenes of the movie which would have changed greatly its tone and quality (for the better, I think) if they happen to be true.
It's honestly kind of strange that so many big-budget movies this year seem to trace a ton of their problems to sloppy and excessive editing.

Feels like some really stupid assumptions are making the rounds in Hollywood this year that have everyone but Disney/Marvel hastily gutting and stapling their movies back together up until the eleventh hour, and the results are glaringly slapdash, with jarringly abrupt transitions, tonal inconsistencies, and gaping holes where stuff was gouged out and never properly replaced or integrated with the rest of the film.

Editing is arguably the most important part of the process. It's what makes a movie what it ultimately is out of all the work that's come before. Without the editing, it's not a movie; it's jkust a bunch of random footage. Yet a ton of people this year have been systematically screwing it up. Like a bunch of doctors who keep performing what could have been successful surgeries, but lose every patient anyway because they put on blindfolds and mittens when it's time to sew the wounds shut.

Hell, even WarCraft could have benefited from using fade-outs instead of the instant-cut, whiplash-inducing scene-hopping that's plagued so many films this year. It's really baffling. Are proper scene transitions just considered uncool right now? Has most of Hollywood suddenly decided that using the Family Guy cutaway gag method is the best way to bridge all set pieces throughout a movie?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
It's honestly kind of strange that so many big-budget movies this year seem to trace a ton of their problems to sloppy and excessive editing.

Feels like some really stupid assumptions are making the rounds in Hollywood this year that have everyone but Disney/Marvel hastily gutting and stapling their movies back together up until the eleventh hour, and the results are glaringly slapdash, with jarringly abrupt transitions, tonal inconsistencies, and gaping holes where stuff was gouged out and never properly replaced or integrated with the rest of the film.

Editing is arguably the most important part of the process. It's what makes a movie what it ultimately is out of all the work that's come before. Without the editing, it's not a movie; it's jkust a bunch of random footage. Yet a ton of people this year have been systematically screwing it up. Like a bunch of doctors who keep performing what could have been successful surgeries, but lose every patient anyway because they put on blindfolds and mittens when it's time to sew the wounds shut.

Hell, even WarCraft could have benefited from using fade-outs instead of the instant-cut, whiplash-inducing scene-hopping that's plagued so many films this year. It's really baffling. Are proper scene transitions just considered uncool right now? Has most of Hollywood suddenly decided that using the Family Guy cutaway gag method is the best way to bridge all set pieces throughout a movie?
If those rumors are true, they were cut to avoid the same type of controversy that the hitting Harley filming scenes caused.

Which we know happened, and were apparently cut? IDK, I haven't seen it yet.

And that's going to keep happening until everything is sanitized enough to be palatable because it makes them more money at the current time.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:10 AM

Hon hon hon

In the DCEU case, I think it is more a case of Warner Bros wanting to make as much money as soon as possible without greatly caring for the tone of the movies and their internal coherence (the external one, so far, is far above what has been done elsewhere, with the three DCEU movies being strongly tied to one another, and I can only hope that Justice League will draw upon Suicide Squad, like the mid-credit scene imply).

So far, Suicide Squad seems to have been prevented to develop its one tone, with the studio meddling a lot in the editing process to add jokes and one-liners in the film. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except when the timing is wrong, like when Amanda Waller killed government agents simply because they had seen things they shouldn't have and that Deadshot lighten the mood to prevent the audience to think about what just happened.

Massive editing also left incoherent storylines, poorly explained changes in the dynamic of the movie and the flow of scenes and sometimes actions which are simply not understandable, because of how they have been filmed. In the later case, I'm thinking off the scene where Joker kill this gangster who talked shit about Harley. It is especially sad because, clearly, the band of misfit in this movie should have had more time (perhaps 30min would have sufficed) to develop beyond Will Smith(who sucks far too much screentime) and Harley Quinn. Katana, Croc and Boomerang should have had more development.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:35 PM

Banished

Is Lobo a Superman villain? Would be nice to see him on screen.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 AM

Hon hon hon

The Main Man is the Main Man.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Three flops in i wonder if warner brothers will realize their “design by board room” approach to film production is a disaster or if they’ll double down and keep telling themselves they can think tank their way to a hit.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:46 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Three flops in i wonder if warner brothers will realize their “design by board room” approach to film production is a disaster or if they’ll double down and keep telling themselves they can think tank their way to a hit.
Flop? Only BVS box office was below what they have expected.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Suicide Squad is a financial hit.

I didnt mind suicide squad. watched it last night. Its not....bad.

Its actually a pretty enjoyable summer flick.

Few issues...

- Amanda Waller telling Enchantress to "Go get it grrrl". It was a total tonal flop that was eye rollingly cheesy.

-Joker and Quinns relationship. It was a tad Lovey dovey. I forget what story it was, but Joker got ultimate power in one comic, and set out to creat his idea of a utopian universe. his vision was a world where people like him couldn't exist. He made a constellation of Quinn. He loves harley, but its fairly violent, twisted and insane. This portayal was True Love that snuck up on the Joker. It was.. These are bad people. The abusive aspect should have been there.

- Letos Joker wasnt in the movie enough for me to tell if he was a good joker.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:08 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Suicide Squad is a financial hit.

I didnt mind suicide squad. watched it last night. Its not....bad.

Its actually a pretty enjoyable summer flick.

Few issues...

- Amanda Waller telling Enchantress to "Go get it grrrl". It was a total tonal flop that was eye rollingly cheesy.

-Joker and Quinns relationship. It was a tad Lovey dovey. I forget what story it was, but Joker got ultimate power in one comic, and set out to creat his idea of a utopian universe. his vision was a world where people like him couldn't exist. He made a constellation of Quinn. He loves harley, but its fairly violent, twisted and insane. This portayal was True Love that snuck up on the Joker. It was.. These are bad people. The abusive aspect should have been there.

- Letos Joker wasnt in the movie enough for me to tell if he was a good joker.
All of them are box office hit, just BVS didn't do well like they've thought.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
I don't actually know what comic story SS is based on, but I know Joker acting more like a Gangster isn't uncommon in many of his incarnations.. One of the most famous "Gangster" joker incarnations flipped a wig at Red Skull because he was an "American" psychopath and fuck Nazi's.
Eh, most gangster depictions of the Joker have him dressed in stereotypical outfits with the trench coats and such. The gang banger look is completely new. I think it was used once in All Star Batman and Robin but let's be honest, that book is trash unless you read it for the lols. Batman painting himself and an entire room in yellow just to spite Hal Jordan, prostitute Wonder Woman etc...
Old 08-08-2016, 01:55 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
The Suicide Squad movie wasn't really based on a specific comics storyline.

I think the closest to this incarnation of the Joker is Brian Azzarello's "Joker" graphic novel. Or ASB&R. But visually there's nothing else like this incarnation, far as I know.

In fact, Joker has only ever appeared in two issues of Suicide Squad (aside from three flashback appearances). And Harley Quinn herself made her first Suicide Squad appearance only in 2011. Long after the original John Ostrander series that the movie draws pretty much everything else from.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 08-08-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Old 08-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
The Suicide Squad movie wasn't really based on a specific comics storyline.

I think the closest to this incarnation of the Joker is Brian Azzarello's "Joker" graphic novel. Or ASB&R. But visually there's nothing else like this incarnation, far as I know.

In fact, Joker has only ever appeared in two issues of Suicide Squad (aside from three flashback appearances). And Harley Quinn herself made her first Suicide Squad appearance only in 2011. Long after the original John Ostrander series that the movie draws pretty much everything else from.
Where have you been?
Old 08-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Elune

Jared Leto instructed the craft services caterer to replace the cheddar in Will Smith's sandwiches with brie, which he was fully aware was one of Smith's least favourite cheeses.

Leto phoned Margot Robbie at 12.30am and left a message on her answerphone of him screaming the word 'ANARCHY!!!'

Several times on set, Leto would tap co-star Jai Courtney on one shoulder and then quickly move to Courtney's other side. When questioned about the shoulder tap, a smirking Leto would deny all knowledge.

Jared Leto went an entire week without washing his hands after urinating. After each visit to the bathroom he would make a point of shaking one of the crew by the hand then recoiling in mock disgust, shouting "Urgh, you've got piss hands!"

During a quiet moment on set, Leto offered to tell his colleagues a joke, then said loudly "DYING SYRIAN CHILDREN" before cackling and running away.
Leto stole the cushion from director David Ayer's chair and didn't admit it, even after it was replaced.

Leto insisted on referring to the band Foals as "The Foals", knowing full well it really got on Joel Kinnaman's wick.

One morning, Leto worse a thick disguise to the set and announced to his co-stars that he was Jared Leto's agent and that Jared Leto wouldn't be coming into work that day because he had just last night died "from a drugs overdose". He then lowered his fake glasses and said, cryptically, "Or did I?" before sidling away.

At the craft services table, Leto laughingly dropped banana skins and toast crusts into the general waste bin when the one next to it was clearly labelled "food waste".

Leto stopped filming a scene to burn a $20 bill in front of an intern.

Leto horrified cast and crew members by seemingly stabbing his own hand with a scalpel during a lunch break, only to reveal it was a prop hand he'd found that later had to be replaced at great cost.

Jared Leto purposely stood precisely six inches to the left of every mark he was supposed to hit, in order to "freak out the studio suits", which caused the movie's lighting rig operator so much stress he had to take time off work.

Jared Leto spent a whole week telling people he wasn't actually Jared Leto but his twin brother, "Lared Jeto".

Jared Leto wrapped an empty box and gave it to co-star Cara Delevingne for her birthday. A note inside read "UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY, HA HA HA".

Leto asked co-star Viola Davis if she could hear a humming noise, which unbeknownst to her was actually emanating from Leto himself.
Then he did the same thing to Margot Robbie.

Leto insisted on wearing sunglasses indoors as an act of rebellion.

According to set sources, Leto played the "shadow game" with co-star Scott Eastwood for an entire week, repeating everything he said back to him, eventually causing the actor to lodge an official complaint with Leto's representation.

Leto requested a runner fetch him a cup of coffee, then when she returned, he knocked the beverage out of her hand, partially scalding her in the process. Leto later said to the set's health and safety officer that "anarchy is as anarchy does" and signed his name on the written warning form as "Matthew McConaghy" [sic].

Leto secretly borrowed Viola Davis's Surface Pro and changed the menu language to Greek.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Elune

DEVILISH

All those stupid stunts for HONKA HONKA. YMS described him the best, his acting similar with the witch lady from Troll 2.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Jared Leto instructed the craft services caterer to replace the cheddar in Will Smith's sandwiches with brie, which he was fully aware was one of Smith's least favourite cheeses.

Leto phoned Margot Robbie at 12.30am and left a message on her answerphone of him screaming the word 'ANARCHY!!!'

Several times on set, Leto would tap co-star Jai Courtney on one shoulder and then quickly move to Courtney's other side. When questioned about the shoulder tap, a smirking Leto would deny all knowledge.

Jared Leto went an entire week without washing his hands after urinating. After each visit to the bathroom he would make a point of shaking one of the crew by the hand then recoiling in mock disgust, shouting "Urgh, you've got piss hands!"

During a quiet moment on set, Leto offered to tell his colleagues a joke, then said loudly "DYING SYRIAN CHILDREN" before cackling and running away.
Leto stole the cushion from director David Ayer's chair and didn't admit it, even after it was replaced.

Leto insisted on referring to the band Foals as "The Foals", knowing full well it really got on Joel Kinnaman's wick.

One morning, Leto worse a thick disguise to the set and announced to his co-stars that he was Jared Leto's agent and that Jared Leto wouldn't be coming into work that day because he had just last night died "from a drugs overdose". He then lowered his fake glasses and said, cryptically, "Or did I?" before sidling away.

At the craft services table, Leto laughingly dropped banana skins and toast crusts into the general waste bin when the one next to it was clearly labelled "food waste".

Leto stopped filming a scene to burn a $20 bill in front of an intern.

Leto horrified cast and crew members by seemingly stabbing his own hand with a scalpel during a lunch break, only to reveal it was a prop hand he'd found that later had to be replaced at great cost.

Jared Leto purposely stood precisely six inches to the left of every mark he was supposed to hit, in order to "freak out the studio suits", which caused the movie's lighting rig operator so much stress he had to take time off work.

Jared Leto spent a whole week telling people he wasn't actually Jared Leto but his twin brother, "Lared Jeto".

Jared Leto wrapped an empty box and gave it to co-star Cara Delevingne for her birthday. A note inside read "UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY, HA HA HA".

Leto asked co-star Viola Davis if she could hear a humming noise, which unbeknownst to her was actually emanating from Leto himself.
Then he did the same thing to Margot Robbie.

Leto insisted on wearing sunglasses indoors as an act of rebellion.

According to set sources, Leto played the "shadow game" with co-star Scott Eastwood for an entire week, repeating everything he said back to him, eventually causing the actor to lodge an official complaint with Leto's representation.

Leto requested a runner fetch him a cup of coffee, then when she returned, he knocked the beverage out of her hand, partially scalding her in the process. Leto later said to the set's health and safety officer that "anarchy is as anarchy does" and signed his name on the written warning form as "Matthew McConaghy" [sic].

Leto secretly borrowed Viola Davis's Surface Pro and changed the menu language to Greek.
This is all fantastic
Old 08-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
This is all fantastic
That is horrible and you should feel horrible.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
batman, dc comics, entertainment, superman, trickster's tag