Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 05-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
Accept that they can't come back, possibly be bitter, and move on if you've gone through all the avenues you can think of. Or continue trying said avenues. Not going around the ban, that shows a lack of respect for the rules and doesn't bring people to your side.
So it's encouraging mods to abuse their power and there is no way to go against it?

Quote:
And I respect the rules fine. Yes things were not necessarily handled well, but that doesn't justify your reaction.
Then why didn't you guys give the right judgement after I was banned? You guys know the rules well than anyone.

I tried to respect the rule before I found out others don't take it that seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeiute View Post
Easiest way to see it, from what I'm getting at least.

He was possibly unfairly banned, but him attempting to circumvent that ban any way that he could while it was being discussed among the staff, is what made it stick, and not allowed him to come back.
Between I got banned to I used this acc to post, I did try all the ways I could but it never worked, my friends all gave me the answer that there is no chance, the final decision was made clear by them while I clearly didn't violate the rules.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 05-07-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by asafoetida View Post
So it's encouraging mods to abuse their power and there is no way to go against it?
Yes.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default The entire argument, thread, forum, and site

Can be summed up in one way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Elune

Are you going to be entering just about every active thread and post that video?

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Elves are bad.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
Other than the ways you tried (like talking to the other staff either via the "Contact Us" link should that be working or your friends here), no.

Getting other people to make accounts and protest on your behalf also didn't help your cause at all (assuming that wasn't you making them).

Quote:
Then why didn't you guys give the right judgement after I was banned? You guys know the rules well than anyone.

I tried to respect the rule before I found out others don't take it that seriously.
People were talking about it after you were banned in the staff forum. Take that for what you will.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Yuber did that. Didn't have any consequences.
I didn't even know who you were before I banned you for telling people to kill themselves repeatedly enough that people brought it to my attention. I only grew annoyed with you afterwards and once that ended we've never spoken once until now.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Banished

Quote:
Other than the ways you tried (like talking to the other staff either via the "Contact Us" link should that be working or your friends here), no.

Getting other people to make accounts and protest on your behalf also didn't help your cause at all (assuming that wasn't you making them).
You have to create an acc to "contact us" link and mine was deleted, and I contacted mods through email/twitter they said there is no chance.

No I just let my friend post these evidence here after I was accused for something I didn't do.

Quote:
People were talking about it after you were banned in the staff forum. Take that for what you will.
I know, but why did Cantus made the decision clear again? I also asked some mods through email and twitter and they said there is no chance after quite a few days. It's not like I used this acc to post right after the accident. It wasn't even created by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
I didn't even know who you were before I banned you for telling people to kill themselves repeatedly enough that people brought it to my attention. I only grew annoyed with you afterwards and once that ended we've never spoken not once.
What? I told people to kill themselves? I never did it, I swear.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 05-07-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Just because you feel you were unfairly banned doesn't give you the right to work around said ban to come back.
In his defense - what option did he have?

He can't make his case publicly. He can't even contact the mods directly unless he happens to have an e-mail address. If you're unjustly banned, what option do you have, other than to fight back?

Oh, wait... what if you're only restricted to a sub-forum where you can make your case in public and still contact other mods? Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote:
I think it'd adorable if anyone actually believed that to be true.

I, for one, have long since accepted that this forum is privately owned and that nobody aside from the owner has any rights what so ever here. With the new moderation, and recent banishments, I've also accepted that we are all at the whims of angry or bored moderators and admins. That anyone aside from those people have any rights or any voice to speak of is a laughable illusion.

Hell, even Cantus' recent statement about the nature of this forum is proof of that.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the illusion. It's comforting, the same way all dogma and "all is well" propaganda is. I just don't believe in it.
This is a healthy viewpoint. Somewhat paranoid, but a little paranoia is a good thing. You'll live longer.

Quote:
Yuber did that. Didn't have any consequences. Cantus banished Poking. No ramifications. Bolvar banished Archimedes. Bolvar isn't going anywhere.

The truth is: You could banish me in this very instant, and nobody would have anything to say about that. Nazja or Grackle might protest, which leads to a few people being amused for a day or two - and then it'll be forgotten.

And I've accepted that, because I do not harbour any illusions what so ever that my voice, or any voice outside of the administration, has any weight what so ever.

And again; I appreciate the dogma and the illusion, but it's a very transparent illusion, and I don't think anyone believes in it anymore. Certainly not after Bolvar became an admin, this forum was created, and Cantus banned Poking.
Why do you hurt me? I try so hard to be nice to you. I didn't "ban" Archimedes... I tossed him in the Halls for a few days. Where he had ample opportunity to rant, rave, and cry foul, and could still make his case to other site staff.

So, please, at least be factual. Have I honestly given anyone reason to fear my role as a site admin?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Are you going to be entering just about every active thread and post that video?
To be fair it has summed up today quite nicely!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
What? I told people to kill themselves? I never did it, I swear.
That was directed at Verenade. Too many posts popped up before that one went through so I edited the quote in.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Bolvar, you're a judgmental, god fearing man and we're all dirty heathens who talk about fetishes and orgies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Bolvar, you're a judgmental, god fearing man and we're all dirty heathens who talk about fetishes and orgies.
and bug orgies. gg star wars thread
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
I didn't even know who you were before I banned you for telling people to kill themselves repeatedly enough that people brought it to my attention. I only grew annoyed with you afterwards and once that ended we've never spoken once until now.
That's a bit disingenous. I recall my return more along the lines of:

"You do realize I wasn't serious?"
"Yeah man, he wasn't serious."
"oops lol"

I'm not holding a grudge, what's done is done, but you did go as far as having a laugh at how bad your moderation was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Why do you hurt me? I try so hard to be nice to you. I didn't "ban" Archimedes... I tossed him in the Halls for a few days. Where he had ample opportunity to rant, rave, and cry foul, and could still make his case to other site staff.
"Because fuck him". Sounds familiar?

It should.

Let us be completely honest here; you sent him here because he had insulted you, not because he was causing conflict or disturbance in the forums. And that's fine, to be honest.

Like I said: I have no illusions of fairness or equality on SoL. That's all I'm saying.

Elves are bad.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:10 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

"Because fuck him". Sounds familiar?

It should.

Let us be completely honest here; you sent him here because he had insulted you, not because he was causing conflict or disturbance in the forums. And that's fine, to be honest.

Like I said: I have no illusions of fairness or equality on SoL. That's all I'm saying.
He didn't insult me. He was whining about mods in a number of threads, but, hey, let's re-hash this argument again. It was fun the first time.

Either way, I did nothing permanent to him, nor did I silence him completely. He had, and took advantage of, ample opportunity to protest his condition.

Which is sort of my point. If I have one at all.

Honestly, though, I just want you to like me. Is that so much to ask?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

What you don't know is that every time somebody has done one of the things you cited, it caused quite a stir and response in the Admin Forums. And each time it's built up to the current status quo. Which isn't half as chaotic as you believe. Again, if it was, I'd just ban you for kicks for a short while.

Anyhow, don't hate on Bolvar. He's one of the good guys.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I like you so much that I voted you leader of our deserted island. You're not one of the godless orgy left-handed heathens.

. . .

But you totally quarantined him because he complained about your Halls of Lordaeron baby, and everybody here knows that. I say that as someone who likes the Halls of Lordaeron, if for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 05-07-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
What you don't know is that every time somebody has done one of the things you cited, it caused quite a stir and response in the Admin Forums. And each time it's built up to the current status quo. Which isn't half as chaotic as you believe. Again, if it was, I'd just ban you for kicks for a short while.

Anyhow, don't hate on Bolvar. He's one of the good guys.
Yeah, Bolvar is nice enough.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post

But you totally quarantined him because he complained about your Halls of Lordaeron baby, and everybody here knows that. I say that as someone who likes the Halls of Lordaeron, if for all the wrong reasons.
He was complaining about mods long before HoL existed. It's just hard for me to dig up proof because I can only search 500 posts back.

But, whatever. I'm just trying to be nice to you guys.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
To be honest, if she looks like

I won't complain much.
New rule: When a mod takes action against Slowpoke in the future, he/she must first change his/her avatar to Liv Tyler.

It shall result in Slow respecting the decision. Because beauty.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Banished

Quote:
He was complaining about mods long before HoL existed. It's just hard for me to dig up proof because I can only search 500 posts back.

But, whatever. I'm just trying to be nice to you guys.
It's possible to track earlier post by using the search engine, set "Find the post from" to some early date and set on "And Older" so you can see his early posts.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
I do like you. That doesn't make you immune to my (very) critical eye or scorn. I make it a point to not look the other way when it comes to people's character, no matter how much I like or dislike them. This is why I approach posts made by Fojar the same way I approach posts made by Arm or Genesis - and then let the content speak for itself.

My personal feelings for you does not, and should not, effect how I judge your quality as a person or an admin.

Elves are bad.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Banished

I feel strange why some individuals criticized Bolvar so much just because he sent Mustrum to HoL and not much when I was perm banned.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
I feel strange why some individuals criticized Bolvar so much just because he sent Mustrum to HoL and not much when I was perm banned.
But Bolvar didn't permaban you. That was Cantus.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
But Bolvar didn't permaban you. That was Cantus.
Yeah I mean my case, so the mod and the guy who got banned does affect people's opinion, I guess. Or other people are afraid to face such wrath, it's quite understandable as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Elune

You missed the heated arguments where people said your ban was unfair?