Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3751  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

I don't really know how this stuff works, but is it possible the vulpera only have those textures because their skeleton is a playable race (goblins)?
Reply With Quote
  #3752  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

just wanted to say

You can buy bfa+ legion (alternatively just legion) for a 100 and a 110 boost (yes 2 boosts) it costs about 70 euro for eu for both and 25 for legion.
Reply With Quote
  #3753  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,228

Default

WoWHead added a "Include NPC-only options" checkbox in their Dressing Room. Check it and select a race, then look into the many NPC-only skins. There's some very interesting there, like a wooden skin for night elves and humans, some undead skins for many races (including night elf and goblins), the usual cultist skins for humans, gnomes and others, the many off-limits orc skins, high elf skins for blood elves, dark iron, earthen and wildhammer dwarf skins, and so on.

Quite interesting.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #3754  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Wooden human has been known since 7.0

its used for the armours from the class halls.
Reply With Quote
  #3755  
Old 02-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,510
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Heritage Armor + Entropic Embrace:



Heritage Armor + Entropic Embrace + Voidform:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3756  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
The original Nightborne don't have animated eyes either, not even a texture like the ones for the player characters, so I'm not too worried about the model itself, for me the texture is the most important part because it takes A LOT of time to do, they are hand painted after all, it's like having half of the job done.

I keep looking through the files to see if more creatures are like that, the Tortollan don't have a playable texture either the bloodtrolls do, but I imagine that's because they are normal trolls with different skins.
Eh the original nightborne have animated faces and eyes that aren't flat textures which is a given as they were based on the night elf model.
Reply With Quote
  #3757  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Wooden human has been known since 7.0

its used for the armours from the class halls.
I figured so, but never noticed they had an unique skin.

-----------------------

Battle for Azeroth Login Music (Correction: I think it's not the official one, just a suite made by someone. I was too eager to post to check validity):

__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 02-02-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3758  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,510
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3759  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Sa'danak Sa'danak is offline

Arch-Druid
Sa'danak's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,999
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
WoWHead added a "Include NPC-only options" checkbox in their Dressing Room. Check it and select a race, then look into the many NPC-only skins. There's some very interesting there, like a wooden skin for night elves and humans, some undead skins for many races (including night elf and goblins), the usual cultist skins for humans, gnomes and others, the many off-limits orc skins, high elf skins for blood elves, dark iron, earthen and wildhammer dwarf skins, and so on.

Quite interesting.
The fact Vrykul are here makes it hurt even more that we're to get obese, frumpy humans rather than hulking titanic Norseman.
Reply With Quote
  #3760  
Old 02-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Patrick_C Patrick_C is offline

Chimaera
Patrick_C's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 251

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
just wanted to say

You can buy bfa+ legion (alternatively just legion) for a 100 and a 110 boost (yes 2 boosts) it costs about 70 euro for eu for both and 25 for legion.
Can you? Last time I tried doing something like that (WoD + Legion) I was limited to the more recent boost, even after talking to a GM, IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #3761  
Old 02-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Can you? Last time I tried doing something like that (WoD + Legion) I was limited to the more recent boost, even after talking to a GM, IIRC.
Yeah it worked for me today lol. they even advertised it

Reply With Quote
  #3762  
Old 02-03-2018, 04:23 AM
Hipnos Hipnos is offline

Faerie Dragon
Hipnos's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Eh the original nightborne have animated faces and eyes that aren't flat textures which is a given as they were based on the night elf model.
I went to check it in the modelviewer...and it's true, they have separated eyes, well fuck me, I don't know why I always thought that they had flat eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #3763  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
The fact Vrykul are here makes it hurt even more that we're to get obese, frumpy humans rather than hulking titanic Norseman.
I'm starting to like the Kul Tirans, just wish the women had a bit more muscle on them. (Like Vrykul women... but thiccer?)
Reply With Quote
  #3764  
Old 02-03-2018, 01:03 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Reply With Quote
  #3765  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:35 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Towelie posted on the MMOChampion forums that awesome things are going to happen next week; Start of the Alpha?
Reply With Quote
  #3766  
Old 02-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Towelie posted on the MMOChampion forums that awesome things are going to happen next week; Start of the Alpha?
Towelliee is well... Towelliee.

Now sure he knows stuff... probably. because he gets a paycheck from blizzard for shilling.
Reply With Quote
  #3767  
Old 02-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Towelliee is well... Towelliee.

Now sure he knows stuff... probably. because he gets a paycheck from blizzard for shilling.
I know, but the beginning of the alpha seems reasonable, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #3768  
Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Yeah i would say so.
Reply With Quote
  #3769  
Old 02-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

It'd have to be soon if they want that September release date.
Reply With Quote
  #3770  
Old 02-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

The first build had a lot of models. Did other first-datamines discover this much, too? And is this probably just a small part or a sizeable chunk of the final product?
Reply With Quote
  #3771  
Old 02-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Given it is towelliee, it could just be that it is the bg.
Reply With Quote
  #3772  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Then you may want to read the lines that appear before the quote you snipped out again. The define the "stupid game" the devs are playing explicitly. Though if you like there's another saying - the devs made their bed, and now must lie in it.
It never works one way. That's the entire point. Even you prove it with your fixation on a certain part of their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Nice try.
Now you are just beaing mean.
Reply With Quote
  #3773  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 588

Default

Quote:
It never works one way. That's the entire point. Even you prove it with your fixation on a certain part of their work.
The point of what, exactly? I recall you acting as though I was referring to game itself as the "stupid game".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3774  
Old 02-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
The point of what, exactly? I recall you acting as though I was referring to game itself as the "stupid game".
That you need to step back, take a deep breath, and realize these people do not owe you anything just because you became invested in their product at one point.
Reply With Quote
  #3775  
Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
That you need to step back, take a deep breath, and realize these people do not owe you anything just because you became invested in their product at one point.
Ok, great. That still won't stop me from criticizing their product for failing to provide an experience worthy of its price tag, which I'd gladly pay again if not for the issues I've brought up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.