Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 05:12 PM

Faerie Dragon

Bwonsamdi is bae
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 PM

Arch-Druid

"Daelin" says hi to his daughter.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM

Elune

The more and more I look at KT and what is going on there with the models/atmosphere and all that. It's becoming more and more clear that this the Gilneas expansion... just without calling it Gilneas.

And the stuff coming out with the DI, especially the Blade Runner tattos that the females get, Blizz is making it harder and harder for me not to race change a few more alts in DI.

Except for my gothelves. Blizzard will never make me want to race change my preciouses....
Old 03-22-2018, 05:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
"Daelin" says hi to his daughter.
Totally no Old God Mind Fuck Thingy.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:26 PM

Eternal

Soooo Arathi updates may be showing up in actual Azeroth after all.

Pretty broken right now. But I'm being told there's various campfires that are just floating around in areas that it would be in the raid, as well.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
The more and more I look at KT and what is going on there with the models/atmosphere and all that. It's becoming more and more clear that this the Gilneas expansion... just without calling it Gilneas.

And the stuff coming out with the DI, especially the Blade Runner tattos that the females get, Blizz is making it harder and harder for me not to race change a few more alts in DI.

Except for my gothelves. Blizzard will never make me want to race change my preciouses....
Kind of like how Zandalar are better than Darkspear, at this point I'm frankly surprised there isn't a Virgin Gilneas, Chad Kul Tiras meme picture since Kul Tiras literally is just Gilneas but better. You'd think Blizzard would have stopped at them just having an impressive naval fleet as part of its signature specialty, but nope. They have all the same industrial power that Gilneas had, plus their own unique brand of Druidism that isn't immediately dropped like a rock to go copy off of Night Elves. I won't be surprised if the big Kul Tiran monster hunter dudes are physically stronger than Worgen, and I bet 5 bucks we'll learn far more about Harvest Witches in Kul Tiran lands than we ever got to do in Gilneas.

Puts me in a weird spot where I like what I see out of Kul Tiras and look forward to questing there, but at the same time I'm disappointed this never caught on with Gilneas.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Totally no Old God Mind Fuck Thingy.
I don't think that's the case. It looks like ambience echo to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Kind of like how Zandalar are better than Darkspear, at this point I'm frankly surprised there isn't a Virgin Gilneas, Chad Kul Tiras meme picture since Kul Tiras literally is just Gilneas but better. You'd think Blizzard would have stopped at them just having an impressive naval fleet as part of its signature specialty, but nope. They have all the same industrial power that Gilneas had, plus their own unique brand of Druidism that isn't immediately dropped like a rock to go copy off of Night Elves. I won't be surprised if the big Kul Tiran monster hunter dudes are physically stronger than Worgen, and I bet 5 bucks we'll learn far more about Harvest Witches in Kul Tiran lands than we ever got to do in Gilneas.

Puts me in a weird spot where I like what I see out of Kul Tiras and look forward to questing there, but at the same time I'm disappointed this never caught on with Gilneas.
That's the cost of having them as so-called "full-fledged races". I hope all playable races from now on get the Allied Race treatment.

Last edited by Krainz; 03-22-2018 at 10:55 PM..
Old 03-23-2018, 12:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Last edited by Rhllor; 03-23-2018 at 12:57 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 01:13 AM

Troubadour

Vol'jin ascends to godhood and the Horde marches through Felwood and Darkshore

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282952/b...sanctum-spoile
Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Vol'jin ascends to godhood and the Horde marches through Felwood and Darkshore

I'm not looking forward to whatever scenario that those Ruby Sanctum quotes come form.

I've already been enough of a terrible person on my Death Knight. The Unholy Artifact Quest chain was great because it had some semblance of your flavour of DK you wanted to be. But everything since then has just been barelling headfirst into "Guess We're Evil then" and unlike in Legion we won't have the "Nessicary Evil" measure to even go with
Old 03-23-2018, 03:01 AM

Troubadour

And G'huun was a loa.

Quote:

What is dis creature!? It appears as if it were once a loa.

Observation accurate. This facility has run numerous experiments on loa to research solutions for Old God corruption.

Tests focused on the ability of G'huun's corruption to reanimate expired tissue. Results were inconclusive and specimens were destroyed.

It appears you missed one.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=282956/b...logue-spoilers
Old 03-23-2018, 04:42 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
That sounds more to me like they're describing a loa that was corrupted/reanimated by G'huun, not that G'huun itself was a loa.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 03-23-2018 at 04:45 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 AM

Arch-Druid

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282950/b...join-the-horde

Ok, this is a bit weird and seems to proves some theories wrong, that some of us discussed in the Chroncles Vol. 3 topic yesterday. (Unless the Broadcast text is a fake one again.)

Why the fuck should the Bronze Dragons help the Horde to recruit the AU Orcs for the faction War?

Last edited by Vineyard; 03-23-2018 at 05:29 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=282950/b...join-the-horde

Ok, this is a bit weird and seems to proves some theories wrong, that some of us discussed in the Chroncles Vol. 3 topic yesterday. (Unless the Broadcast text is a fake one again.)

Why the fuck should the Bronze Dragons help the Horde to recruit the AU Orcs for the faction War?
I'm more interested why does Blizzard insist on using alternate universe shit. There was a perfectly serviable gathering of clans under the name mag'har ready to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
I'm always up for more customization, it makes sense, and so long as it's not blue eyes I'm all for it. But it now means Horde got additional customization options for two standard races. I hate the "Horde favoritism" card, but BfA is trying very hard to make it seem true.

Last edited by Deicide; 03-23-2018 at 06:10 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 07:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'm more interested why does Blizzard insist on using alternate universe shit. There was a perfectly serviable gathering of clans under the name mag'har ready to be used.
The Most Logical Reason is that (besides the MU Mag'har already being part of the Horde) they are just too low in numbers.

Most of the MU Orcs left behind on Dreanor where transformed into Fel Orcs by the Legion or the Illidari.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Most Logical Reason is that (besides the MU Mag'har already being part of the Horde) they are just too low in numbers.
Numbers mean so little in canon. We have no idea of how large populations are in Warcraft. There could be thousands of AU!Mag'har in Outland, I can't see their population as way lower than gnomes or Darkspear trolls.

I'd rather see updates to Outland than go back to AU!Draenor... Oh, well.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

I'm always up for more customization, it makes sense, and so long as it's not blue eyes I'm all for it. But it now means Horde got additional customization options for two standard races. I hate the "Horde favoritism" card, but BfA is trying very hard to make it seem true.
Dwarves paladins have new unique mount
Old 03-23-2018, 08:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Dwarves paladins have new unique mount
So...?
I wouldn't be surprised if Zandalari also end up getting paladins with their own raptor mounts.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:28 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Time for an update on the throwaway parity move. (Thanks goes to Skytotem on the US Story Forum for finding this)

Some of the things I noticed:

1. It appears to be mirrored right until Saurfang arrives, except in tone. This is something I noticed in Cata questing, and it's back here, but the Horde often has more confident, aggressive statements of intent where the Alliance and the Night Elves in particular are often more subdued, defensive, and pessimistic. This is awful if Blizzard really is going for faction pride, and it's disconcerting to see this trend return.

2. The clarification on wisps was nice, I suppose, but this doesn't seem like the best spot for that kind of exposition.

3. There's a lot of discussion about the Horde forming a foothold behind Night Elven lines, and it's clear that there is some fighting going on in Ashenvale ("The Horde have established a foothold beyond the borders of Ashenvale", "We can't afford a war on two fronts", "We must rid the Horde of their demolishers and push them back to the desolate barrens where they belong")

4. The Horde outnumbers the Night Elven army under Malfurion 10 to 1. Whether this is in reference to Malfurion's force in Darkshore or the entirety of the defense, I'm not certain. I'm inclined to believe the latter. Either way, after the Alliance finds the footholds "[the Horde] has established Darkshore [sic.]", the Kaldorei bring reinforcements that appear to give this holdout a run for its money until Saurfang's forces arrive.

5. I was inclined to peg this as a raid where Sylvanas doesn't so much intend to hold territory but instead intends to distract the Night Elven army for as long as possible. There are shades of that, and that would be consistent with prior dialogue. However, we also have these lines:

"We must push further into Darkshore while we still have this advantage!" (Horde)
"The trees of this great forest bend and break in agony as the Horde march deeper into our lands"
"The Alliance have begun to find the footholds we have established [in] Darkshore! We must not lose ground! We must defend what progress we have made so far!" (Horde)

So, once again, the matter of where Darkshore and Ashenvale end at the end of this are up in the air. What we AREN'T seeing, however, is the sort of unified, unanswered push that I was concerned about in the beginning, and I can only interpret what these two lines near the end are intended to mean:

"I will send as many soldiers as I can muster to this site" (I am assuming the discovered foothold in Darkshore that is attacked by the Alliance when the Horde quest announcer declares that the Kaldorei have received reinforcements and tells the Horde champion to die well) "Hopefully they can fend it off - we can't afford a war on two fronts".
"My archers should be able to handle it from here. Your presence made all the difference, champion. You have my thanks."

I don't know what to take from this. Is this just before Saurfang arrives and it looks like the day is won, or does the Alliance part of the scenario come to an end with the Night Elves victorious in the first front that the Night Elf commander would have had to have sent soldiers from? Still not sure.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So...?
I wouldn't be surprised if Zandalari also end up getting paladins with their own raptor mounts.
the alliance has 3 races paladin the horde only has 2. the alliance now has one mount paladin only more than the horde!
Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
the alliance has 3 races paladin the horde only has 2. the alliance now has one mount paladin only more than the horde!
And that's the part I could bring shit like number of druid races or shaman totems or whatever.

I don't wanna delve into this kind of numeric comparisons. It's not about that. It's about giving things that people in that faction actually care.

I'm all for zandalari paladins, because they make sense. I'm happy for golden-eyed blood elves.

But the point is that the Alliance additions are nowhere near as meaningful as the Horde's.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
And that's the part I could bring shit like number of druid races or shaman totems or whatever.

I don't wanna delve into this kind of numeric comparisons. It's not about that. It's about giving things that people in that faction actually care.

I'm all for zandalari paladins, because they make sense. I'm happy for golden-eyed blood elves.

But the point is that the Alliance additions are nowhere near as meaningful as the Horde's.
the kultiran druid forms look as good or even better than the zandalari
I think the alliance is getting great things.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:48 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

The Dwarf Paladin mounts are cool, but I still don't plan on making a Dark Iron Paladin over, say, a Shaman and race changing my Warlock, neither classes which will be allowed to ride that mount. Meanwhile, I imagine the golden eyes customization for Blood Elves will be accessible for all classes.

But yes, I guess a class mount is parity for more customization options given to a playable race.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Like it or not, there's more story potential behind au orcs being among mu ones, and Grom (even if we don't get him representing the allied race) is more interesting than Geyah or Deadeye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

The main fucking problem is that it is a woman leader, we have already literally one allied race leader that is male (2 with zandalar) among... 8 races.

And it is the one where it makes least sense to have a new character be that. They should have taken an already established character like Grommash or something.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft