Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-05-2018, 04:42 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 09-05-2018, 04:57 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

I saw this on the Story Forum, and...... it got me thinking...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768677069

tldr, Sylvanas is kicking off a bloody war and going for mass casualties in order to funnel as many souls as possible to Helya and Bwonsamdi and his (their?) boss in order to give them the power necessary to actually save Azeroth. Or at least enough to placate the Boss so that he will spare Azeroth.

Now, in my opinion, Sylvanas doesn’t even need to be aware of this goal. She can be a pawn. Bwonsamdi put the most ruthless War Cheif possible into power, and Helya told her to start a war that would kill everyone in order get the Soul Power necessary to save the world, in exchange for that thingamabobber Genn broke in Stormheim.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I saw this on the Story Forum, and...... it got me thinking...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768677069

tldr, Sylvanas is kicking off a bloody war and going for mass casualties in order to funnel as many souls as possible to Helya and Bwonsamdi and his (their?) boss in order to give them the power necessary to actually save Azeroth. Or at least enough to placate the Boss so that he will spare Azeroth.

Now, in my opinion, Sylvanas doesn’t even need to be aware of this goal. She can be a pawn. Bwonsamdi put the most ruthless War Cheif possible into power, and Helya told her to start a war that would kill everyone in order get the Soul Power necessary to save the world, in exchange for that thingamabobber Genn broke in Stormheim.
Well that certainly would be a way to 'redeem' Sylvanas. A terrible way that wouldn't be that much better than Grom's 'redemption' in WoD and BfA, but it could work.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:39 PM

Troubadour

From Reddit:

Quote:
`[Throwback] Did anyone else notice that in Arathi we portal in at an Altar of Kings? (self.wow)`

`Straight callback to Warcraft 3 where heroes are summoned from the Altar of Kings.`

`Appearently, we are the heroes now `
https://i.redd.it/um5yee6z0fk11.jpg
Old 09-06-2018, 12:49 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Well that certainly would be a way to 'redeem' Sylvanas. A terrible way that wouldn't be that much better than Grom's 'redemption' in WoD and BfA, but it could work.
I don’t even think we need to redeem her with this if we keep her in the dark, make her a pawn. It’s just a way of giving a reason why she was put in a position to do all this in the first place.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Any new lore from Uldir?
I’m away from home until Sunday, I only have the cellphone and limited connection and it’s hard to get info right now.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-06-2018, 07:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
The Horde War Campaign finished. I am getting more and more convinced that the whole Derek plot will end up tied to Calia's plot. I even suspect a potential storyline where the Proudmoore family as a whole gets reunited, and this in consequence undermines Sylvanas' regime and her psychological hold on individual Forsaken.
DerekxCalia as a substitute to ArthasxJaina.

Also, wasn't Bwon Vol'jin's chosen loa? Doesn't that mean the Bwon was the one who urged him to choose Sylvanas? It would make the Bwon-Helya collusion even more intriguing.

As for angry Rexxar, leftovers in BfA beta suggest a scrapped storyline in Dustwallow Marsh. There is an unused Dustwallow zone. Most Theramore NPCs were duplicated. Interestingly, those that didn't get duplicate NPCs were those who were explicitly mentioned to have died in the novels (Pained) or and those who were particularly targeted during the Fall of Theramore Hordeside. Maybe Jaina led an attack against Rexxar's Ogre Clan there on her way to retrieve Daelin's ship.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:10 AM

Troubadour

Now that BFA Season 1 is underway, we’ve seen a number of questions about the item levels of various rewards and reward tiers. Here’s an outline of the current item levels you’ll see when you receive rewards from ranked PvP:

Conquest rewards for the first week of the new PvP Season are an item level 345 weapon of your choice from class options. We're working on a fix to display the correct item level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Any new lore from Uldir?
I’m away from home until Sunday, I only have the cellphone and limited connection and it’s hard to get info right now.
Nothing, actually. Might be interesting to look at MOTHER's quotes as the players explore the place, but nothing other than that.

Last edited by Krainz; 09-06-2018 at 09:28 AM..
Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I've been wondering why the "War Readyness" of the Horde has come to a grinding halt today (there's probably a joke to be had about the Horde not really wanting this war) so i investigated.
Turns out the dailies to deliver materials... are not dailies. I did three and none of them reset. So, yeah, of course nothing's going on here, the few kind souls who actually contribute can only do so once or twice, seeing how this early in the expansion levelled and skilled alts are fairly rare. We made about 40-ish percent in one day yesterday and... about 5 today. Frankly i'm not surprised, Warfronts seem to be designed to waste your time and gold. I suppose the rares also won't reset before the next switch. No idea how these guys work, the mounts are proooobably farmable? Meh.

... i should level my second Warrior while i still have time. I've come to enjoy my human Warrior so much more than anything hordeside that i didn't realize the only viable character i have for the first Warfront will be my Tree. Ugh.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:23 AM

Loremaster

Unfortunately, by Uldir and its associated zone's story basically being Horde-only we get to be reminded that when it comes to lore and backstory, however widely actual Horde players may vary, the in-universe Horde faction just doesn't really care very much about the lore behind the places they raid.

But hey, at least no forcing Horde to work with Brann Bronzebeard, right? Apparently some Horde players feel that no lore is a fair trade for no Brann.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-06-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-06-2018, 01:04 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Unfortunately, by Uldir and its associated zone's story basically being Horde-only we get to be reminded that when it comes to lore and backstory, however widely actual Horde players may vary, the in-universe Horde faction just doesn't really care very much about the lore behind the places they raid.

But hey, at least no forcing Horde to work with Brann Bronzebeard, right? Apparently some Horde players feel that no lore is a fair trade for no Brann.
I was legitimately pissed off to see Brann become a Faction War-accessoire for the Alliance player to wear... seeing him not work with the Horde is honestly almost worse than Lilian Voss. At least we haven't had much neutral contact with her previously. Dude knows better than most that some threats just can't be handled by one faction alone. At least not while it's trying to bash the other faction's head in. Been watching the Lich King trailers recently and it's so sad to see that despite Mists of Pandaria we're basically back to the Secrets of Ulduar trailer. Except Ronin is dead, Varian is dead, Jaina is a warmonger until proven otherwise, Dodoria is dead, the Ginyus are dead, Garrosh got garrosh'd, Brann is Alliance-only content and the Triceratops is sick.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:23 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I was legitimately pissed off to see Brann become a Faction War-accessoire for the Alliance player to wear... seeing him not work with the Horde is honestly almost worse than Lilian Voss. At least we haven't had much neutral contact with her previously. Dude knows better than most that some threats just can't be handled by one faction alone. At least not while it's trying to bash the other faction's head in. Been watching the Lich King trailers recently and it's so sad to see that despite Mists of Pandaria we're basically back to the Secrets of Ulduar trailer. Except Ronin is dead, Varian is dead, Jaina is a warmonger until proven otherwise, Dodoria is dead, the Ginyus are dead, Garrosh got garrosh'd, Brann is Alliance-only content and the Triceratops is sick.
Unfortunately, the Horde just plain doesn't have an Explorer's League equivalent. They've only really got the Reliquary, which is expressly not about the lore; they'll gladly explode a hundred repositories of age-old knowledge without even looking at them if it means getting at a potential titan laser cannon or something.

They need to either suck it up and let Brann handle such things for both sides' stories in such circumstances, or provide someone like him Horde-side who's legitimately in it for the knowledge and the lore. Otherwise without Brann it feels like the Horde is delving into such places accompanied by NPC's who are aggressively indifferent to learning anything that doesn't amount to "how do we just kill everything inside and get on with it?"

I dunno, maybe bring back the Lorewalkers. Get Cho to send a young new generation of Lorewalker adepts out across Azeroth, eager to learn everything they can about the rest of the world's lost myths and legends that their predecessors missed out on cataloguing for retelling during the millennia that their lands spent hidden behind the Mists. That way they could have some knowledge-hungry Alliance and Horde members join up, providing friendly faces for either side to come along when they delve into ancient tombs and titan facilities that tie into the larger mythology.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
I have always despised Brann because it was HIS explorer's league that massacred the Stonespire tauren. It was very satisfying blowing up Bael Modan but now I hear that it's been suddenly rebuilt.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Is this true? Botani and Saberon have breached into Azeroth?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768956767

Old 09-07-2018, 03:01 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Is this true? Botani and Saberon have breached into Azeroth?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768956767
Yes.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 09-07-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Faerie Dragon

I'm screaming right now!

This is the best thing that could happen, I imagine that the Arakkoa will come with Yrel and the Lightbound, given that the Arakkoa have some kind of affiliation to the light, it could be a good excuse to kill off the ones that serve the void.

And if the Botani reach the wailing caverns...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
Old 09-07-2018, 06:17 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I'm screaming right now!

This is the best thing that could happen, I imagine that the Arakkoa will come with Yrel and the Lightbound, given that the Arakkoa have some kind of affiliation to the light, it could be a good excuse to kill off the ones that serve the void.

And if the Botani reach the wailing caverns...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
Mwhahahahahaha!!! Chaos!!! Destruction!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Troubadour

BFA is setting the trend of revamping old world zones to max-level. Faction-tied zones, that is. What if in the next expansion, the next move is... revamping old world neutral areas?

Like Gadgetzan?
Old 09-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I feel like that'd seem pretty pointless. Basically the culmination of the AU arakkoa story was the surviving non-cursed arakkoa seeking coexistence with their cursed brethren shown with the Order of the Awakened. Undoing that off-screen to just make them fanatics again and get rid of the cursed arakkoa would be turning one of the better developed parts of WoD's lore into a waste of time.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-07-2018 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 03:03 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
I feel like that'd seem pretty pointless. Basically the culmination of the AU arakkoa story was the surviving non-cursed arakkoa seeking coexistence with their cursed brethren shown with the Order of the Awakened. Undoing that off-screen to just make them fanatics again and get rid of the cursed arakkoa would be turning one of the better developed parts of WoD's lore into a waste of time.
Well, that's what Blizzard did with the Lightbound and the Mag'har, didn't they?
Legion ended with a united Draenor, and look at it now. But I don't know, just convert the void Arakkoa into the light or something, or who knows...let them live with them, I mean, we don't know exactly the position of the Lightbound about the Void, if the Lightforged are okay with the Void Elves maybe the Lightbound are okay too.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Hm, I could actually see the Void Arakkoa being taken in and defended by the Void Elves. Could potentially create a ripple with the Lightforged and their Light biases. (Alternatively, the Lightforge bring more wisdom to the Lightbound, showing them that not all creatures of shadow are pawns to the Void Lords.)

Ideally, I'd like to see a shadow-themed aspect of the Alliance start to develop as the Alliance becomes less Holy and more Discipline in its philosophy. Void Elves, Dark Iron, some segments of Ethereals, Krokul, and cursed Arakkoa could make up this group. (And if Blizzard cares at all, they should bring it back with Worgen, maybe by having us cleanse the Nightbane and doing more with that pack instead of just quest mobs.)
Old 09-08-2018, 06:01 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Interesting that the botani are still around given how frequently the mag'har talk about having driven them to extinction (there's even one quote where they lament the botani being extinct because they 'tasted delicious when roasted.')

Also, its intriguing that they're fleeing towards the Barrens. With the WarfrontBarrens map being in the files since the start of the alpha, it looks like we might be seeing a very different update of the Barrens than what one might expect.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:02 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Interesting that the botani are still around given how frequently the mag'har talk about having driven them to extinction (there's even one quote where they lament the botani being extinct because they 'tasted delicious when roasted.')

Also, its intriguing that they're fleeing towards the Barrens. With the WarfrontBarrens map being in the files since the start of the alpha, it looks like we might be seeing a very different update of the Barrens than what one might expect.
Like Hipnos said above, I'd love for them to reach the Wailing Caverns and turn the barrens into a lush, yet dangerous jungle.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Kalimdor seems to be headed to become Draenor 2.0. Wild and dangerous.

It may get really interesting in a few years.

I really wonder if we could get a real high-level revamp for EK and Kalimdor. Both continents are being changed in interesting ways.

Last edited by Deicide; 09-09-2018 at 04:03 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Eternal

So EU-Horde has reached 100% and since everyone rushed to do the scenario, the groupfinder broke. Now you're lucky if you getting into the scenario at all and all other automated PvE-Matchmaking doesn't work anymore.

If only there was a way to prepare for increased server load...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft