Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Shall I receive Bolvar's Blessing?
Of course. Such a boon is to be cherished, and may represent the apex of my very existence. 33 94.29%
I suppose. I mean, I guess. If everyone else is doing it. My current avatar kind of sucks anyway. 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,571

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
It was due last Friday, wasn't it?
Bolvar's busy making liberals get off his yard.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Default

Is this even happening?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Is this even happening?
Given his absence from the forums lately I'm guessing real life is taking precedence for dear ol' Bolvar.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Given his absence from the forums lately I'm guessing real life is taking precedence for dear ol' Bolvar.
Indeed, I could regale you with tails of failed ESX hosts and troublesome firewalls and absurd project deadlines and the like, but suffice it to say, I have been buried at work for the better part of two weeks.

I have submitted the avatar data to the admins, who will perform the actual changes.

When they appear, I'll talk more about it...
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,947

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Indeed, I could regale you with tails of failed ESX hosts and troublesome firewalls and absurd project deadlines and the like, but suffice it to say, I have been buried at work for the better part of two weeks.

I have submitted the avatar data to the admins, who will perform the actual changes.

When they appear, I'll talk more about it...
Welcome back. Luke missed you.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Indeed, I could regale you with tails of failed ESX hosts and troublesome firewalls and absurd project deadlines and the like, but suffice it to say, I have been buried at work for the better part of two weeks.

I have submitted the avatar data to the admins, who will perform the actual changes.

When they appear, I'll talk more about it...
Have fun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Default

WTF Coolidge?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Exxile87 Exxile87 is offline

Elune
Exxile87's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One nation, under Bloo
Posts: 7,656
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Default

Mine's still Bloo.
__________________
Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
WTF Coolidge?

A champion of civil rights and free enterprise, he oversaw one of the most prosperous periods of American history...

The fact is, we had like 30 participants for this (which is awesome), and that covers more than 2/3 of the American presidents I had to pull from... so it wasn't always a perfect match for everyone.

The point was to have a little fun and educate everyone on the history of the office, and, hopefully, show a little wisdom from each man and share some non-partisan appreciation for the contributions they made.

Of course, I had a little fun with a few of them...
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
A champion of civil rights and free enterprise, he oversaw one of the most prosperous periods of American history...

The fact is, we had like 30 participants for this (which is awesome), and that covers more than 2/3 of the American presidents I had to pull from... so it wasn't always a perfect match for everyone.

The point was to have a little fun and educate everyone on the history of the office, and, hopefully, show a little wisdom from each man and share some non-partisan appreciation for the contributions they made.

Of course, I had a little fun with a few of them...
You should check out the video in my sig (click on the pic) if you haven't seen it already. Tis good K-Pop.




On-topic, I'll see if I can finish up the avatars tonight (assuming nobody else helps me).
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
You should check out the video in my sig (click on the pic) if you haven't seen it already. Tis good K-Pop.




On-topic, I'll see if I can finish up the avatars tonight (assuming nobody else helps me).
Haven't seen it yet, but I'll look for it tomorrow.

Thanks for helping with the avatars.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post

Thanks for helping with the avatars.
I think Euph's is my favorite.
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post

I think Euph's is my favorite.
I thought you might appreciate that one.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

What... I didn't get one... you all have failed me.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Seeing what the avatars were only makes me want to get a Bolvar standard avatar even more. Just the avatar, you know, as if he were saying the current sig.
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Ok I was literally JUST commenting on a picture on FB with Bill Clinton in it and I was saying how much I love that man!

This is amazing, perfect fit!
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Cool. They are up. Or, some of them anyway.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,316

Default

Who's the dude in my avatar, and why was he chosen to represent me? I demand an explanation!
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Who's the dude in my avatar, and why was he chosen to represent me? I demand an explanation!
James Monroe, fifth President of the United States.

Again, most of these are not personal statements or anything; I had a LOT of participants and a limited pool of Presidents - but I think if you do a little reading, you'll find he is an admirable figure and a worthy avatar.

The point was not to troll anyone or to be particularly funny (well, except in a few cases...); the point was to provide a little history lesson as we approach the American Presidential election. I think, for the most part, we can see that most Presidents have in fact been good men of quality. Not perfect; but still solid statesmen, regardless of your partisan leanings.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Am i Bush??? I don't know anything about american presidents of old except for the ones touted around.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Am i Bush??? I don't know anything about american presidents of old except for the ones touted around.
Yes, the signature matches the avatar.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Faine Faine is offline

Arch-Druid
Faine's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In my own mind.
Posts: 1,546
BattleTag: Faine#1139

Default

I didn't get one...am I not worthy of representing a president?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
I didn't get one...am I not worthy of representing a president?
You will - the deployment is just taking a while.
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Bolvar, if I bothered to play you silly game, would you have given me Andrew Jackson?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.