Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 05-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Eternal

Mana Wyrm + Unstable Portal and Mana Wyrm + Frostbolt did wonders, but the most fun were Evolve + Bilefin Tidehunter and Soulfire + Fist of Jaraxxus, and Curse of Rafaam + Darkbomb.

About standard: Yogg-Saron Mage deck is working wonders with me. I usually play Yogg when I have no other option to win the game, and he never once worked against me.
I mean, sometimes he isn't good enough and doesn't win me the game, but he always has a beneficial consequence.

Last edited by Ethenil; 05-11-2016 at 08:32 PM..
Old 05-11-2016, 09:15 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I think Yogg-Saron is really just about playing the odds.

Playing him when it's just your two heroes is a lot riskier than playing him against an opponent with a fairly significant board.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:18 PM

World Builder

I tried evolve and bilefin but mage decks shredded me with arcane missiles plus mana wyrm

And mirror image and mana wyrm

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-12-2016, 04:43 AM

Sentinel Queen

I ended up winning with a really cheap combo. Innervate and Coldlight Oracle.

I thought the Brawl idea was interesting, but didn't like it all that much. Most decks I played against were variations on the same thing. Either Innervate + scary thing (though I was impressed by Innervate + Loatheb and Innervate + Y'Sharrj), or Mechwarper + some mech that can do lots of damage.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:12 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

I played Innervate + Raven Idol, Flash Healing + Mind Blast, Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missiles and my personal favourite, Soulfire + Fist of Jaraxxus.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 AM

Elune

I played Wild Growth + Deathwing, it's pretty damn fun (oh you populated your board? "I AM POWER INCARNATE!") but I think too slow also. Innervate+Yoggy is fun also, especially in a mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
I ended up winning with a really cheap combo. Innervate and Coldlight Oracle.
Maybe Naturalize instead of Innervate. Shreked me hard that's for sure.

Oh and Jara+Soul seems fun, will be sure to try it.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:14 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

That secret that makes mages invulnerable upon taking fatal damage + firebolt is the most annoying combo I've seen so far.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Maybe Naturalize instead of Innervate. Shreked me hard that's for sure.
While Naturalize + Oracle is more pure milling, Innervate is more efficient. If you get the right draws, you can get a full board of 2/2's, cycle through a bunch of cards, and force your opponent to draw to full and mill up to 10 cards on turn 1. At which point your opponent has the option to either try to clear (if they can), which allow you to start milling them even more, or to leave your board full and start taking 14 damage per round.

It's mostly only weak against combos that are even better at flooding the board, which for the most part means other Innervate decks and Mechwarper decks. The only ones that completely shreked me while playing that combo were Innervate + Loatheb and Mechwarper + Metaltooth Leaper (I did also lose once to Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missiles, but that one was pretty close, and I managed a draw against Mechwarper + Zap-o-Matic).
Old 05-12-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
While Naturalize + Oracle is more pure milling, Innervate is more efficient. If you get the right draws, you can get a full board of 2/2's, cycle through a bunch of cards, and force your opponent to draw to full and mill up to 10 cards on turn 1. At which point your opponent has the option to either try to clear (if they can), which allow you to start milling them even more, or to leave your board full and start taking 14 damage per round.

It's mostly only weak against combos that are even better at flooding the board, which for the most part means other Innervate decks and Mechwarper decks. The only ones that completely shreked me while playing that combo were Innervate + Loatheb and Mechwarper + Metaltooth Leaper (I did also lose once to Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missiles, but that one was pretty close, and I managed a draw against Mechwarper + Zap-o-Matic).
Funny thing: I just had a game with a Naturalize+Coldlight Oracle vs someone with Innervate+Coldlight Oracle.

Of course I outmilled him quickly.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:21 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Funny thing: I just had a game with a Naturalize+Coldlight Oracle vs someone with Innervate+Coldlight Oracle.

Of course I outmilled him quickly.
I'm not surprised that it wins a straight mill fight when they go up against each other, since Naturalize Oracle is nothing but milling. My argument was that the Innervate Oracle combo is more efficient overall. It builds a board much faster, since Innervate allows you to play more Oracles, which allow you to draw more Innervates. It's more a really fast zoo combo than a mill combo. The milling is just a side benefit. Most of the games I played with it didn't even get to fatigue (granted, part of that was because flooding the board with 2/2's in the first couple turns draws pretty fast concedes).

With the Innervate Oracle combo, 5 cards (Innervate Innervate Innervate Oracle Oracle) draws 4 cards and develops 4/4 worth of stats while being completely mana-neutral. With the right draw and trades, you can spend up to 21 mana per turn from the word go, and the only reason you are even that limited is because of the limit in the number of minions.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised that it wins a straight mill fight when they go up against each other, since Naturalize Oracle is nothing but milling. My argument was that the Innervate Oracle combo is more efficient overall. It builds a board much faster, since Innervate allows you to play more Oracles, which allow you to draw more Innervates. It's more a really fast zoo combo than a mill combo. The milling is just a side benefit. Most of the games I played with it didn't even get to fatigue (granted, part of that was because flooding the board with 2/2's in the first couple turns draws pretty fast concedes).

With the Innervate Oracle combo, 5 cards (Innervate Innervate Innervate Oracle Oracle) draws 4 cards and develops 4/4 worth of stats while being completely mana-neutral. With the right draw and trades, you can spend up to 21 mana per turn from the word go, and the only reason you are even that limited is because of the limit in the number of minions.
Of course, of course. I was simply amused that I came upon this discussion right after having a match involving both of the decks. I can confirm that the innervate/oracle combo is strong, as you can do SO much even in the first round alone.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Orb of Frost

If you can stabilize, innervate + Chillmaw hoses a lot of aggro decks like mech and mana wyrm. I've also had "fun" with innervate + mana wraith lockdown.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I hate C'Thun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Forbidden Shaping + Resurrect is so much fun for the brawl.

I was facing a muster for battle/bolvar deck, and turn one i coined into a FS: wild pyromancer. I had no idea he had bolvar, of course, so I just kept resurrecting the pyromancer, which would trigger his effect, and clearing his board. I ended up winning even when he was throwing out 21/7 bolvars, just because i could milk out the extra few damage i needed to trade by continuously rezzing the pyromancers.

Another game I was facing a nerubian prophet/master of evolution deck, and turn 2 I shaped a patient assassin, and by resurrecting that over and over again it kept me alive into the late game. I would have eventually been out paced if I didn't also shape into a void crusher and luck out by bringing him back to life in a few clutch moments.

Almost won a similar game by shaping a pit snake turn one, but the mech cancer beat me out in the end (if I only got a big taunt at the end!).

Honestly I'm gonna be so bummed when this brawl is over.

Last edited by Porimlys; 05-13-2016 at 03:57 PM..
Old 05-14-2016, 05:39 AM

Elune

So why did this game decide to remove doubles of my cards from my deck?
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:12 PM

Eternal

For the brawl I first tried mage with Mirror Image + Mana Wyrm. I ran up against a warrior with Armorsmith + Whirlwind. By the time I conceded his health and armor were over 100. So I just went full huntard and used Mech Warper + Metaltooth Leaper. I won by turn 4.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
For the brawl I first tried mage with Mirror Image + Mana Wyrm. I ran up against a warrior with Armorsmith + Whirlwind. By the time I conceded his health and armor were over 100. So I just went full huntard and used Mech Warper + Metaltooth Leaper. I won by turn 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Elune

I'm also partial to Target Dummy + Bolster.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Elves are bad.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Was lucky enough to draft a N'zoth in arena, but I only got to play it in one game. He just brought back a couple of harvest golems and a haunted creeper but it turned the entire game around from the brink of a loss.

Hope I get another chance to use him in arena (and I hope he's not my last card drafted next time!)
Old 05-21-2016, 04:26 AM

Elune

Ah, Yog-Saron.

Taste the rainbow.

Elves are bad.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:14 AM

Elune

I'm never getting past rank 15.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2016, 06:00 PM

Eternal

Interesting interview where they mention they considered a Titan vs Old God expac but didn't since 130 cards wasn't enough to flesh out both. This does seem to confirm we will eventually get Titan cards since they want to do it. Just when the time is right.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Interesting interview where they mention they considered a Titan vs Old God expac but didn't since 130 cards wasn't enough to flesh out both. This does seem to confirm we will eventually get Titan cards since they want to do it. Just when the time is right.
Next year could be the year of the Golem, with different Keepers as each class' legendary. Let's see:
Druid: obviously Freya
Hunter: kinda want to say Thorim, and have him summon his dogs as a battlecry.
Mage: Hodir
Paladin: definitely Tyr
Priest:
Rogue: Mimiron
Shaman: Ra
Warrior: totally Odin
Warlock: Loken?

Or it could be an Ulduar adventure, something of an excuse to bring back GvG cards for standard.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:11 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Augh. Of course I would get a golden Princess Huhuran when I already have one.

I'm not that into golden cards so I'm tempted to just de it to get another legendary I want, but at the same time I do use the card in some of my hunter decks.

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, children's card games, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg