Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
That is horrible and you should feel horrible.
No.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
No.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Supposedly, Suicide Squad opened with a strong 131m and broke the box office opening record.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Eternal

Wait-- so did you all prefer the "bright" neon, graphic, pop music first third that was promised in the Trailer Park trailer, or the "dark" second and third acts based on Ayers/Snyder vision?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
Wait-- so did you all prefer the "bright" neon, graphic, pop music first third that was promised in the Trailer Park trailer, or the "dark" second and third acts based on Ayers/Snyder vision?
Both? I think the transition needed to be better.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Jared Leto instructed the craft services caterer to replace the cheddar in Will Smith's sandwiches with brie, which he was fully aware was one of Smith's least favourite cheeses.

Leto phoned Margot Robbie at 12.30am and left a message on her answerphone of him screaming the word 'ANARCHY!!!'

Several times on set, Leto would tap co-star Jai Courtney on one shoulder and then quickly move to Courtney's other side. When questioned about the shoulder tap, a smirking Leto would deny all knowledge.

Jared Leto went an entire week without washing his hands after urinating. After each visit to the bathroom he would make a point of shaking one of the crew by the hand then recoiling in mock disgust, shouting "Urgh, you've got piss hands!"

During a quiet moment on set, Leto offered to tell his colleagues a joke, then said loudly "DYING SYRIAN CHILDREN" before cackling and running away.
Leto stole the cushion from director David Ayer's chair and didn't admit it, even after it was replaced.

Leto insisted on referring to the band Foals as "The Foals", knowing full well it really got on Joel Kinnaman's wick.

One morning, Leto worse a thick disguise to the set and announced to his co-stars that he was Jared Leto's agent and that Jared Leto wouldn't be coming into work that day because he had just last night died "from a drugs overdose". He then lowered his fake glasses and said, cryptically, "Or did I?" before sidling away.

At the craft services table, Leto laughingly dropped banana skins and toast crusts into the general waste bin when the one next to it was clearly labelled "food waste".

Leto stopped filming a scene to burn a $20 bill in front of an intern.

Leto horrified cast and crew members by seemingly stabbing his own hand with a scalpel during a lunch break, only to reveal it was a prop hand he'd found that later had to be replaced at great cost.

Jared Leto purposely stood precisely six inches to the left of every mark he was supposed to hit, in order to "freak out the studio suits", which caused the movie's lighting rig operator so much stress he had to take time off work.

Jared Leto spent a whole week telling people he wasn't actually Jared Leto but his twin brother, "Lared Jeto".

Jared Leto wrapped an empty box and gave it to co-star Cara Delevingne for her birthday. A note inside read "UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY, HA HA HA".

Leto asked co-star Viola Davis if she could hear a humming noise, which unbeknownst to her was actually emanating from Leto himself.
Then he did the same thing to Margot Robbie.

Leto insisted on wearing sunglasses indoors as an act of rebellion.

According to set sources, Leto played the "shadow game" with co-star Scott Eastwood for an entire week, repeating everything he said back to him, eventually causing the actor to lodge an official complaint with Leto's representation.

Leto requested a runner fetch him a cup of coffee, then when she returned, he knocked the beverage out of her hand, partially scalding her in the process. Leto later said to the set's health and safety officer that "anarchy is as anarchy does" and signed his name on the written warning form as "Matthew McConaghy" [sic].

Leto secretly borrowed Viola Davis's Surface Pro and changed the menu language to Greek.
This is what happens when you have a method actor play the Joker.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
This is what happens when you have a method actor play the Joker.
He's not a method actor he's a narcissist
Old 08-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Eternal

All of that shit sounds way too much for it to be real...I like to think. I suppose he might have meant to be more disturbing than Ledger on set, and managed to do just that, though perhaps not in the way he intended?

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:22 AM

World Builder

Leto's an asshole, Ledger wasn't a dick to his coworkers he was fucking dying.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM

Eternal

Wait, that shit actually happened?
Old 08-09-2016, 02:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Wait, that shit actually happened?
He stayed in character on the set and Will Smith was pretty vocal about disliking working with Leto because he acted like an idiot the whole time. He sent weird gifts to the cast members, used condom to Margot, sex toys to Katana etc. The rest are just made up stories to make fun of his ''method acting''. Ayer was no less cringy. To get ''authentic'' reactions from the actos he'd say stuff like: ''Alright Cara, imagine you woke up from a hangover and you found out you molested your child. ACTION!'' ''Ok Will, imagine I just threw a dead fetus on the table. ACTION''

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 08-09-2016 at 02:13 PM..
Old 08-12-2016, 06:24 PM

Elune

So this is happening.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
He stayed in character on the set and Will Smith was pretty vocal about disliking working with Leto because he acted like an idiot the whole time. He sent weird gifts to the cast members, used condom to Margot, sex toys to Katana etc. The rest are just made up stories to make fun of his ''method acting''. Ayer was no less cringy. To get ''authentic'' reactions from the actos he'd say stuff like: ''Alright Cara, imagine you woke up from a hangover and you found out you molested your child. ACTION!'' ''Ok Will, imagine I just threw a dead fetus on the table. ACTION''
It was an open condom. Not used. Half the shit got overblown.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 PM

Arch-Druid

I think Leto needs to see a therapist.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Hollywood is so weird.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:23 AM

Elune

As predicted, the re-shoots really badly fucked with the tone of the film, especially when it comes to Harley. The scenes where we get back 'backstory' are borderline horror movie cuts, especially the part where Joker's men raid Arkham and he begins to lobotomise her ("I'm just gonna hurt ya really, really bad")... but after that, the entire 'abusive' angle gets awkwardly dropped for LE WHACKY HIJINK AWW DEY DU LUV EACH OTHER XDDDD. The deleted scenes also support that they wanted their relationship to be more abusive.

The scene where Amanda casually executes her support team because "lol no clearance" felt forced as fuck, all for the sake of some awkward "DUDE ITS SO DEEP COS THE SUPER VILLAINS ARENT THE ONLY BAD GUYS LMAO". Also Flagg's lack of reaction to it and "yeah w/e seen worse" turned him from somewhat likeable to me immediately hating his guts and feeling zero sympathy for his mission to get his dick wet.

Joker felt forced as fuck. You could remove him entirely from the film and absolutely nothing would change.

Enchantress' dialogue was weak. It's like they had to have as generic as possible of an antagonist who does nothing but monologue and even a "Join me and we can rule the world together!" because... uh, I guess they felt they needed a generic villain in a 'villain' film?

Katana was pointless. She does absolutely nothing, at all, the entire film. Does anybody but Boomerang actually talk to her after the helicopter scene? I honestly don't remember. By the end though, she and Diablo were the only characters I gave a shit about so whatever.

Too much focus on Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

All in all I give it a 7/11. It wasn't a BAD film, I actually enjoyed it, but it didn't wow me. I think I'm maybe being extra generous because I really want to see the original, pre-Quipkino edition, because I get the feeling those removed scenes and more consistent tone would have made it a lot better of an experience.

Last edited by Drusus; 08-17-2016 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-17-2016, 12:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
"DUDE ITS SO DEEP COS THE SUPER VILLAINS ARENT THE ONLY BAD GUYS LMAO"
They weren't even super villains. Just a bunch of weirdos. Fucking Harley gets mad at Diablo for not admitting he killed his children. Same Harley who aided the Joker in killing Jason Todd, a pretty young dude.

Quote:
By the end though, she and Diablo were the only characters I gave a shit about so whatever.
I expected to care about Will Smith since Deadshot is a cool character but I just saw Will Smith thinking ''Da hell I agreed to star in this''. It's kinda bad the only guy I cared for was a child murderer... But Diablo came off as the most natural. I wanted to care about Katana but she was almost non-existent. Her whole character development is told by Rick Flagg. ''Show don't tell.'' WASTED. Karen deserved better, and she's fucking hot, I want to see more of her in anything.

Quote:
Joker felt forced as fuck. You could remove him entirely from the film and absolutely nothing would change.
I wish they'd have done so. Leto's performance was embarrassing. It's probably a good thing they cut most of his footage.

Quote:
Enchantress' dialogue was weak.
I was too busy laughing at her belly dance. Just what the hell? ''You don't have the balls'' took me out completely, I didn't give a shit anyway but wew.

Quote:
Too much focus on Harley Quinn
Alas poor Harley. Margot has the looks, the flashback with Harley's original suit looked really good, but her acting is...idk whether it was bad direction or her. Since her dialogue was mostly quips I'll go with the direction. She came off more as a cosplayer than an actual character. And time for inconsistencies! I want to mention again how Batman had no problem murdering hired guns in BvS and yet here he saves a dangerous criminal from drowning. And the capture of Deadshot was really assholish. Way to traumatize a little girl Bats. I wish they'd just scrap this whole thing and let Affleck start his own Batman series with no relation to this crap.

Quote:
All in all I give it a 7/11. It wasn't a BAD film, I actually enjoyed it, but it didn't wow me.
I'd give it a 6 instead. Definitely not as bad as BvS, and watching it didn't feel like torture. It was fun but with no substance. It's as basic as it gets. Team ensembles, they fight literal faceless minions, and save the world by stopping the giant lazor in the sky... Deadpool was basic too but it had heart. This was a corporate frankenstein's monster. Compared with BvS I'd definitely watch the original cut of this to see what was Ayer's vision, but I think there's no plan for it.

The behind the scenes of this movie has been pretty entertaining. The main actors, except Will Smith, got tattoos with the word SKWAD to celebrate their involvement. That's just hilarious, especially with Will Smith not getting one.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 08-17-2016 at 12:09 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 12:06 PM

Elune

I really want Tim Burton to do another Batman movie all of a sudden.

Either that or have him collaborate with Ben Affleck and do the set design. Put the GOTH back in Gotham.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
I expected to care about Will Smith since Deadshot is a cool character but I just saw Will Smith thinking ''Da hell I agreed to star in this''. It's kinda bad the only guy I cared for was a child murderer... But Diablo came off as the most natural. I wanted to care about Katana but she was almost non-existent. Her whole character development is told by Rick Flagg. ''Show don't tell.'' WASTED. Karen deserved better, and she's fucking hot, I want to see more of her in anything.
I think Diablo came across best because he's the only character who really remains consistent throughout the film. He was already repentant, so his whole "Fuck it guys, let's go save the world" thing didn't feel nearly as forced. I also did actually like the touch that when Enchantress is trying to 'dream' them into submission, he snaps out of it purely of his own will of realising he has to own up to his fuckups, unlike everybody elses "lol we're bad gais so whatever". If every character in the film died but Diablo I'd have been happy, but it was pretty obvious he would be the one to make the heroic sacrifice.

Like you said, Katana was non-existent and defaults to being the only sympathetic character because she was a volunteer/not a villain by default.

Quote:
I wish they'd have done so. Leto's performance was embarrassing. It's probably a good thing they cut most of his footage.
Method acting or autism?

I thought people were joking about the cuck meme in this one.

HONKA HONKA.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I really want Tim Burton to do another Batman movie all of a sudden. Either that or have him collaborate with Ben Affleck and do the set design. Put the GOTH back in Gotham.
With Johnny Depp as Robin and his wife as Batgirl? I care more about the villains. I'd love to see Black Mask or Scarecrow done properly.

Quote:
HONKA HONKA.
THIS IS KATANA. SHE CAN HONKA HONKA YOU JUST LIKE MOWIN DA LAWN.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
THIS IS KATANA. SHE CAN HONKA HONKA YOU JUST LIKE MOWIN DA LAWN.
Hweeyy dyer Kwatina, NYCE TA MEET YA! WELCOME 2 DIS SEWISIDE SWAD(tm) LIKE WE'RE IN A WARNAH BRUVAS(tm) PRODUCTION! IS THAT DA STYENCH O DEFF?
Old 08-17-2016, 12:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
With Johnny Depp as Robin and his wife as Batgirl? I care more about the villains. I'd love to see Black Mask or Scarecrow done properly.
They could just make cameos if he really wants them in it that badly, though I wouldn't doubt Johnny Depp could be capable of pulling off a certain kind of villain.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Hweeyy dyer Kwatina, NYCE TA MEET YA! WELCOME 2 DIS SEWISIDE SWAD(tm) LIKE WE'RE IN A WARNAH BRUVAS(tm) PRODUCTION! IS THAT DA STYENCH O DEFF?
Nani?! Koroska?!

Woah, easy dere cowgirl. Ain't that kin'a mission, get on board I'll call it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They could just make cameos if he really wants them in it that badly, though I wouldn't doubt Johnny Depp could be capable of pulling off a certain kind of villain.
Tbh I'm not a fan of Burton's movie. I only respect it for inspiring the 90's cartoon, which in turn got us the DCAU. And it's main theme. It's timeless and the perfect theme for Batman as a concept in general.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:35 PM

Elune

What did he mean by this?

Quote:
Even director David Ayer wasn’t safe from Leto’s damaged vision.

"One time I yelled ‘cut’ and Jared turned to me and said ‘what if someone just stood in the middle of a marriage and yelled cut? Maybe the monkeys in suits would forget their trained routine of prepping the bull’. My pants hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in character to play Cuckold, or is Cuckold something that been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look into one of the cameras, and I noticed Jared had put something in the lens. It was stuff like ‘What if women were cards? would you share your deck?’ and ‘Lights. Camera. HONKA HONKA.’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too horny to direct."

Last edited by Drusus; 08-17-2016 at 05:41 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 06:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Tbh I'm not a fan of Burton's movie. I only respect it for inspiring the 90's cartoon, which in turn got us the DCAU. And it's main theme. It's timeless and the perfect theme for Batman as a concept in general.
To be fair, I do think another commendation for it is that I think it brought back the notion of Batman as a dark superhero in a live action portrayal. If I'm not mistaken most people who didn't read the comics still recognized Batman more as the Adam West campy variety since that was still his most recent portrayal in live action media before the start of the 90's as a dark and broody era.

In some regards, Ben Affleck's take on Batman almost reminds me of the '89 Michael Keaton version even though I doubt there's any real inspiration since he takes more from The Dark Knight Returns incarnation.

Tags
batman, dc comics, entertainment, superman, trickster's tag