Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 06:32 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Players rolling Goth'Dorei are just encouraging Blizzards bad behavior.

We should be spraying them with water.
I don't know. Maybe Blizzard will confer upon them the Night Elves' long-held "designated victim, class-A" status and the Stormwind tabards they forced us all, like the bunny suit from A Christmas Story, to wear now that they have their High-Elf stand-ins again?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:08 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Going through my servers, it's pretty clear which Allied race the Alliance is playing more.
How can you even tell, the Lightforged Draenei look just like regular Draenei.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Arch-Druid

What players are playing now matters little. Leveling allied races is literally the only new content right now, so most people will focus on that. There are only two options per faction, and people favor elves over things that have horns/tails/hooves.

In a few weeks/months, everyone and their mother will have level 110 allied race characters.

We will gauge allied race success when BfA is out and people need to choose their mains to level to 120 and gear up for top content. Only then we will have a clear picture of what races are favored by the player base.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-01-2018, 12:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
How can you even tell, the Lightforged Draenei look just like regular Draenei.
Horns and skin color. Normal draenei don't have either and everybody seems to be going for the really big horns.

Oddly enough, Gothdorei wasn't taken on my server. Mine, all mine now.

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 02-01-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 01:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Horns and skin color. Normal draenei don't have either and everybody seems to be going for the really big horns.

Oddly enough, Gothdorei wasn't taken on my server. Mine, all mine now.
Right?

I got Gothdorei on mine as well
Old 02-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Sha of Disappointment

So, feedback so far...
1-60: the Heirloom nerf is harsh but because one doesn't need to run around chasing quests that give XP i actually found the 40 to 60 area more enjoyable than before. All in all what i expected.
60-80: this is REALLY were the XP nerf got my ass. Really started to drag on.
80-90: 80 to 85 felt about as quick as before; Jade Forrest is just fantastic for fast questing. 86 to 90 is slowing down a little more but the heirloom nerf is baaaaad here. Like, nobody tested this. Or cared about the results.

It's so sad, without the XP nerf the zone scaling would have been sooo great :/ now all it really does is offsetting the XP changes... a little.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Right?

I got Gothdorei on mine as well
Ahead of the curve!

Mine is for my 110 hunter. She is decked out in the LFR NH set and it looks awesome on her.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Monk uber alles.

for leveling, have about 10 hours or so played and lvled my highmountain about 22 levels.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Old 02-01-2018, 02:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
. When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
I don't know, I see you perpetually talking and complaining about this stupid game, as much as the locals who actually play it. It almost seems as if you care about it as much if them, if not even more. Are you sure you want to gloat over stupid prizes?
Old 02-01-2018, 03:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Yeah, been doing that since it dropped which I found hilarious when I looked at the chat options and it said Thalassirian. It's also fun to talk to cross faction DHs as well. They've been pretty nice when talking to me.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Anyone else have trouble finding a use for the void elf teleport racial? It's cool in theory but the target moves so slowly that you may as well just keep running.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Cool, I kept forgetting to test that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Anyone else have trouble finding a use for the void elf teleport racial? It's cool in theory but the target moves so slowly that you may as well just keep running.
In PvP, I try to send it the way I want to move, then stop or go another direction to hold/attract enemies. Then I get away.

I've not mastered it yet. Most often, I do something wrong.

-----------------------

By the way, guys. Any sightings of allied race NPCs? Like the dead highmountain in Ashenvale?

I just found out that there's a high elf sorceress and a void elf walking around Mage District of Stormwind. There's also another high elf sorceress there, and when the pair walks into her, they stop and chat for some time (no dialogue, only /talk emotes), then go back to their walk.

Last edited by Deicide; 02-01-2018 at 06:51 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 07:07 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I don't know, I see you perpetually talking and complaining about this stupid game, as much as the locals who actually play it. It almost seems as if you care about it as much if them, if not even more. Are you sure you want to gloat over stupid prizes?
You should know better than this, Marthen. The parts of the post you snipped out provide context that makes an interpretation like this impossible. For those confused as to what I'm talking about, you will find the orange scroll icon in the quote box useful.

But yes, Marthen, I do care about the game. I played it from release through the end of Warlords of Draenor, and I played Warcraft III before that. Think of how many years I'm talking about - I've been involved with this franchise for the better part of my life. I grew attached to it, I made friends because of it, I've changed in some ways as a person because of it. Hell, just as one example, you may have noticed that I wasn't here for the first two weeks of January. That's because I was in the Czech Republic and Austria with a friend who I originally met in the game.

It hurts to see what the franchise and the company responsible for it have become, especially in regard to the low state of what made me a Warcraft fan in the first place. Now maybe I shouldn't care, but the fact is that I do on a quite visceral level. I'm certainly not too proud, or concerned about the inevitable snickering I'll get for being open about this, to admit that.

-----------

Now to more recent news.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman.../#4e8b46ec36cd

I'm not the first to find or comment on this, for sure, but I'll add my two cents on this blurb:

Quote:
I’ve got this group of gods and this group of gods that will never get over their differences between the humans and the Forsaken, the orcs and humans. Never. The Night Elves and the trolls. The Night Elves and the Tauren. I mean, there’s so many different racial divides that have melted away into the background, but they’re still there. For those races, those things are still there.

How much land have the Night Elves taken from the Tauren, from the trolls? These are the things we want to settle, and that’s what I think this expansion is about. Now, of course we’ll see other things come into the foreground as we adventure through this, because certainly there are forces in this universe that want the outcome of this. So we’ll see. That’s the TL;DR version.
Where did this come from? The Troll Wars? The Highborne Empire? Those people over there in Suramar who are suddenly expected to be best friends with the Trolls and the Tauren? Is that who? I thought Vol'jin didn't like the idea of going after Night Elf lands when he was around? I thought that Cairne wanted to duel Garrosh Hellscream to the death over thinking that Garrosh, not the Twilight's Hammer, ordered the killing of an Ashenvale Patrol? I am now to believe that modern Tauren, who are countless generations removed from those events, with no written records to fall back on to even remember them, are pissed at Kal'dorei of all people for taking unspecified lands from them? What even were these lands? Why didn't they mention them in the Cenarion Circle steering committee meetings?

It looks to me that this is another bad sign for the Night Elves, because it seems to be foreshadowing that, yes Virginia, the Night Elves are going to lose their presence in Northern Kalimdor, and by extension, their entire civilization and reason for existing.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 02-01-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 09:21 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
So, feedback so far...
1-60: the Heirloom nerf is harsh but because one doesn't need to run around chasing quests that give XP i actually found the 40 to 60 area more enjoyable than before. All in all what i expected.
60-80: this is REALLY were the XP nerf got my ass. Really started to drag on.
80-90: 80 to 85 felt about as quick as before; Jade Forrest is just fantastic for fast questing. 86 to 90 is slowing down a little more but the heirloom nerf is baaaaad here. Like, nobody tested this. Or cared about the results.

It's so sad, without the XP nerf the zone scaling would have been sooo great :/ now all it really does is offsetting the XP changes... a little.
Enchant your looms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
https://gfycat.com/FormalHarmlessBilby

https://gfycat.com/CleanEasygoingHornedviper

https://gfycat.com/MeaslyBestIslandcanary

https://gfycat.com/ActualInfamousIbizanhound

Last edited by Krainz; 02-01-2018 at 11:03 PM..
Old 02-02-2018, 12:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
You should know better than this, Marthen. The parts of the post you snipped out provide context that makes an interpretation like this impossible. For those confused as to what I'm talking about, you will find the orange scroll icon in the quote box useful.

But yes, Marthen, I do care about the game. I played it from release through the end of Warlords of Draenor, and I played Warcraft III before that. Think of how many years I'm talking about - I've been involved with this franchise for the better part of my life. I grew attached to it, I made friends because of it, I've changed in some ways as a person because of it. Hell, just as one example, you may have noticed that I wasn't here for the first two weeks of January. That's because I was in the Czech Republic and Austria with a friend who I originally met in the game.

It hurts to see what the franchise and the company responsible for it have become, especially in regard to the low state of what made me a Warcraft fan in the first place. Now maybe I shouldn't care, but the fact is that I do on a quite visceral level. I'm certainly not too proud, or concerned about the inevitable snickering I'll get for being open about this, to admit that.
I do no agree that particular interpretation is impossible, but that is not even important.

I simply believe it is not healthy to have such attachments for material things. Sometimes, it is better to let go. It is not easy, and you will probably never let go of something completely, but is still better than being obsessed with something that brings you nothing but negative emotions. I spent many of my teen years playing Warcraft II, I had made many friends that way, and while you can occasionally see me or BaronGrackle lamenting over certain things Blizzard did with Warcraft III and World of Warcraft, I try to not dwell on it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time in my homeland.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 AM

Banished

For those who cares, there will be updates to customization options for Allied Races, but it seems devs not sure yet when exactly it happens.

Also, I think I'll be able to share some more stuff on things like Discord.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 AM

Faerie Dragon

I have good new boiiiiisss, well, and some bad ones, finally the green parrot from MMO updated the listfile with more textures for the creatures, this is how things are right now.

The new Quillboar (both new models) don't have Playable Character like textures.

The Sethrak don't have Playable Character like textures.

The Vulpera DO HAVE Playable Character like textures.

I think we can be a little more certain that they will be allied races in the future.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:59 AM

Arch-Druid

But vulpera don’t have animated eyes.

Unless the current model is just a placeholder, I don’t think they’ll be playable.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:12 AM

Faerie Dragon

The original Nightborne don't have animated eyes either, not even a texture like the ones for the player characters, so I'm not too worried about the model itself, for me the texture is the most important part because it takes A LOT of time to do, they are hand painted after all, it's like having half of the job done.

I keep looking through the files to see if more creatures are like that, the Tortollan don't have a playable texture either the bloodtrolls do, but I imagine that's because they are normal trolls with different skins.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
The original Nightborne don't have animated eyes either, not even a texture like the ones for the player characters, so I'm not too worried about the model itself, for me the texture is the most important part because it takes A LOT of time to do, they are hand painted after all, it's like having half of the job done.

I keep looking through the files to see if more creatures are like that, the Tortollan don't have a playable texture either the bloodtrolls do, but I imagine that's because they are normal trolls with different skins.
Well, I did say "Unless the current model is just a placeholder".

On another note, I do think vulpera head shape will make most full-head helmets look really really weird on them.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:48 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Well, I did say "Unless the current model is just a placeholder".

On another note, I do think vulpera head shape will make most full-head helmets look really really weird on them.
Not any more than Worgen, Tauren, Goblins, Trolls...
Old 02-02-2018, 05:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Not any more than Worgen, Tauren, Goblins, Trolls...
Actually, yes, worse than them.
The ones cited have long faces, which stretch the helmet forward.

Vulpera have long and wide faces. It'll stretch the helmet in both directions. Their helmets will probably be hugely distorted.

Last edited by Deicide; 02-02-2018 at 05:33 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 05:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
The Vulpera DO HAVE Playable Character like textures.

I think we can be a little more certain that they will be allied races in the future.
Sweet Baby Jesus, please no. They're literally just cutsesy furry-bait.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I do no agree that particular interpretation is impossible, but that is not even important.
Then you may want to read the lines that appear before the quote you snipped out again. The define the "stupid game" the devs are playing explicitly. Though if you like there's another saying - the devs made their bed, and now must lie in it.

Quote:
I simply believe it is not healthy to have such attachments for material things. Sometimes, it is better to let go. It is not easy, and you will probably never let go of something completely, but is still better than being obsessed with something that brings you nothing but negative emotions. I spent many of my teen years playing Warcraft II, I had made many friends that way, and while you can occasionally see me or BaronGrackle lamenting over certain things Blizzard did with Warcraft III and World of Warcraft, I try to not dwell on it.
Nice try.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft