Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 01:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insularius View Post
The Dark Trolls did not go extinct afterall.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/707591.jpg
You poor child. Blizzard will always find a way to ruin everything.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWxzpr8WAAArI4P.jpg
Old 02-26-2018, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
/facepalm

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-26-2018, 02:13 PM

Treant

Quote:
Sigh...of course.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Why should anyone act corrupted? That's the truly shit writing. Zul is morally corrupt by any rational measure, but terrible writing has made corruption all about spewing nonsense syllables and eye cancer. Can't someone just be seduced by promises of power and greatness anymore? Do they need to be a brain-damaged mindslave?

Can't a God merely promise salvation for the Troll race? That's all Hakkar needed to do for his followers.
Because virtually every Old God plot has had their minions act utterly insane. It's their gimmick. It's like you're the Fojar of Old Gods. I don't know why any criticism of it has you popping up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:43 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Why should anyone act corrupted? That's the truly shit writing. Zul is morally corrupt by any rational measure, but terrible writing has made corruption all about spewing nonsense syllables and eye cancer. Can't someone just be seduced by promises of power and greatness anymore? Do they need to be a brain-damaged mindslave?

Can't a God merely promise salvation for the Troll race? That's all Hakkar needed to do for his followers.
The Krokul mention whispers of salvation.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:08 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

WoWhead has posted some questlines in Zandalar that heavily suggest Zul is working with Azshara and has been for a long time, even before the Cataclysm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Report from Zuldazar
Most exalted, Queen Azshara. We have infiltrated the Zanchuli council. It was far easier than either of us suspected. Half of the council has sworn to our cause. The other half will stand, or fall, when the time comes. The path of resistance will soon be clear.

Rastakhan assumed the Zanchuli Council wanted to be in service of the people. The people don’t deserve service! They are selfish, foolish, hopeless, but I digress. I will bring the Zandalari back to greatness...whatever form that may take.

Your kingdom will rise. We will both rule, as we were meant to do. None will be left to oppose us.

A new world order lies ahead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Royal Concern
Your work within the Council is laudable. We do look forward to thanking you in person.

It seems there were few relics to be found where you suggested. We have sent a new force, under his guidance to find what the others missed.

He is certain, there is power to be found there.

I am concerned that shattering the temple was not enough. The ocean is Gral’s temple. However, with his followers lost, it is but a matter of time.

There are plodding Tortollans everywhere these days. Fortunately, their wits are as quick as their feet, they suspect nothing of what we do.

A new world order, indeed.

–Signed Azshara
Old 02-26-2018, 06:34 PM

Banished

"We will both rule"

i'm surprised he didn't hear Azshara's cackle
Old 02-26-2018, 06:40 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
In current implementation, only way for an Alliance player to know the whole story is to unlock the nightborne Horde-side.
Hmph. Isn't that what happened with Gilneas as well? Well, at least this time it won't be THAT aggravating...

Quote:

Error 404
Old 02-26-2018, 06:54 PM

Elune

Looks like the broad theme of the expansion at this point is Alliance bringing the Seven Kingdoms back together starting with Lordaeron and Horde bringing the Troll tribes back together starting with the Zandalari.

I hope Blizzard starts putting more Alliance stuff in the Alpha soon because I don't really care about trolls but if the human nations are treated on Alliance the way that the various Troll tribes are being treated on Horde I'll be real pleased.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Hmph. Isn't that what happened with Gilneas as well? Well, at least this time it won't be THAT aggravating...
Yeah, but it's shitty anyway.

Quote:
Error 404
Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Looks like the broad theme of the expansion at this point is Alliance bringing the Seven Kingdoms back together starting with Lordaeron and Horde bringing the Troll tribes back together starting with the Zandalari.

I hope Blizzard starts putting more Alliance stuff in the Alpha soon because I don't really care about trolls but if the human nations are treated on Alliance the way that the various Troll tribes are being treated on Horde I'll be real pleased.
We all know Alliance will never have so much love...

But we have Gilneas, Dalaran, Stormwind and Kul Tiras now (I'm not counting Stromgarde yet). It's a start, it only took a decade and half to reach this point.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:17 PM

Eternal

Given that this is the trollfest to end all trollfest, someone should perhaps tweet Blizz to remind them about the Siame Quashi. I figure if they don't show up here in Troll City of Trolls with every other troll reference big and small, then they really are just plain retconned.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Eh, I would not say it's as egregious as Gilneas. Worgen missed out on a lot of story that was locked to Forsaken questing, such as the introduction of Ivar Bloodfang and the ultimate finale of Gilneas. By contrast, the only thing Alliance players miss out by not doing the Nightborne scenario is just finding out why Alleria failed to recruit the Blood Elves, which admittedly depicts Alleria unfavorably and is firmly biased towards the Blood Elves' side of things, hence why it's a Horde-only scenario.

With that aside, I'm starting to become closer to thinking that Void Elves are pretty much the new Worgen, except they are even worse off in their introduction. The tree settlements were a complete joke, but Void Elves don't even have settlements at all, they don't have their own culture or architecture style. They have nothing. The only thing they have going for them is the potential they bring as an Alliance race that isn't just another run-of-the-mill Druid or Light-themed race, but that's meaningless if Blizzard never cashes in on that potential.

If the trend continues that we just keep seeing Nightborne active and involved as loyal Horde members whereas Void Elves do nothing, then yes, Horde absolutely got the sweeter deal in their allied races.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
With that aside, I'm starting to become closer to thinking that Void Elves are pretty much the new Worgen, except they are even worse off in their introduction. The tree settlements were a complete joke, but Void Elves don't even have settlements at all, they don't have their own culture or architecture style. They have nothing. The only thing they have going for them is the potential they bring as an Alliance race that isn't just another run-of-the-mill Druid or Light-themed race, but that's meaningless if Blizzard never cashes in on that potential.

If the trend continues that we just keep seeing Nightborne active and involved as loyal Horde members whereas Void Elves do nothing, then yes, Horde absolutely got the sweeter deal in their allied races.
I do think the void elves will probably get to have a lot of focus in the inevitable void expansion; we'll just have to see if that takes as long as it did for draenei or worgen to get attention.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Either Blizzard has some hidden plan for the void elves, or they are just a barely thought-out asspull that will be forgotten for a long time until some dev remembers they exist and finds a role for them.

So far, I think it's the later.

Right now, in 8.0, there's only a single named void elf NPC that I could find: This guy with terrible fashion taste.

This is also a problem with lightforged draenei. Alliance races have been, so far, afterthoughts.

It's a simple thing: a well developed race/character/place gets remembered more often than an unimportant one. As such, whenever the devs are brainstorming something, they'll naturally tend to remember and reuse such elements.

Nightborne got a ton of development during Legion. They were fleshed out really well, they got many interesting NPCs, and so on. So it's natural, and easy, for the devs to think of them when filling up NPC roles in new content.

Less developed elements, on the other hand, are often forgotten, as they are far from the first thoughts of the developers. Thus, they tend to stay forgotten until someone does something interesting with them.

Which is why void elf introduction makes me really sad. They were barely developed and lack any meaningful NPCs. The chance of void elves (other than Alleria) getting roles in the future is tiny.

Last edited by Deicide; 02-27-2018 at 03:46 AM..
Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 AM

Elune

Now that Fojar finally got his precious shithole back, what will he do with it?
Old 02-27-2018, 07:33 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Arranged marriage with Calia Menethil ...Man, what a lucky guy.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:54 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

On the other hand seeing any NPCs of a race that shouldnt even be a race and is rare as fuck also seems like a good choice. It felt weird there was so many god damned bloodelves in the game to start with.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
On the other hand seeing any NPCs of a race that shouldnt even be a race and is rare as fuck also seems like a good choice. It felt weird there was so many god damned bloodelves in the game to start with.
I want quality over quantity. They may be uncommon, but they should be meaningful.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Frankly, if that's their excuse then it's a shit one. There's nothing stopping them from still being present as part of Alliance military, just like High Elves being decimated to an even greater degree than Blood Elves didn't stop them from still supporting the Alliance at every turn. I can't expect Void Elves to ever measure up to Nightborne in terms of introduction, but if Blizzard is hard-pressed to never give the Alliance their High Elves back, so much so that they'll pull a completely new race of elves out of thin air with absolutely no build-up, then the least they can do is have those elves be more utilized as part of the Alliance than the High Elves.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Now that Fojar finally got his precious shithole back, what will he do with it?
im gonna fuck it

right in lordamere lake
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:35 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWxzpr8WAAArI4P.jpg:large
Fuck you, Blizzard.

You could have placed them as mad minions in Hyjal. Given them Shatterspear Vale instead of random jungle trolls.

No, you just had to forget them, and then remember them just to ruin them further.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 02-27-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 03:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Zandalari Moonkin Form
Old 02-27-2018, 03:44 PM

Elune

For real though regarding Lordaeron I genuinely feel like the dog that caught the car. Back in the Cataclysm alpha I genuinely believed that the Alliance was going to get a more significant presence there but we all saw how that turned out. Then after the war ended with a wet fart in MoP and a bunch of gnarly stuff happened to me IRL that made the whole thing look far less important I had resigned myself to the fact that the Alliance isn't going to get to retake it in-game, but in the long term (ie post WoW) the Forsaken were screwed as long as they were adequately contained.

Then last Blizzcon happened and now I don't know what to think.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:49 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Zandalari Moonkin Form
[IMG here]
I expect A LOT of salty people on thenwow forums over this. Blizzard opened the gates and now EVERYONE will want their own moonkin race forms.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Zandalari "bear" form.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft