Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There's also a datamined line where Sylvanas says that Nazjatar is an intentional trap to not just destroy the Alliance fleet, but the Horde fleet as well as she has ordered those she suspects of being disloyal to her to go on the expedition.

Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.
We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.
Oh, that's be the real reason, sure. I mean the logical, "as far as characters who don't know Sylvanas' real plans are concerned" reason for Thalyssra and Lor'themar to be told to accompany the fleet, they could be there ostensibly to stand in for Baine.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:22 PM

Arch-Druid

All good and well to justify Lor'themar/Talyssra, but doesn't explain why we had to be stuck with Genn and Jaina, while the Alliance war campaign champions (save Shandris) are missing and could be used instead.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-19-2019, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Though if Blizzard had wished to let her get involved they could have told another story or found a way to make it work. They simply don't seem to be interested.
Ultimately, is that wrong? I understand the fandom at this point just want their expectations checked out, but I simply can't be bothered by them not doing the obvious for the sake of it.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Ultimately, is that wrong? I understand the fandom at this point just want their expectations checked out, but I simply can't be bothered by them not doing the obvious for the sake of it.
It's like having Batman sit out of the ultimate Joker showdown because he's busy.

And Tyrande is a character that has been constantly shat on for years. A Little Patience, Val'sharah, War of Thorns, when did she get a nice fist-pumping moment or show of leadership?

Leaving her out misses a lot of opportunities for character exploration and interactions.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:45 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Depends on the motivations for leaving her out and how well doing so is handled.

Right now, it seems to me that they are simply leaving her out because they grew tired of her and night elves after Legion, and that they are doing so at the (slight) expense of the story; the least they could do is to provide a believable reason for her lack of involvement.

But I do not mind Jaina or Genn being at the forefront. The fact that the former got hurt during the siege does not mean that she MUST still be sequestered at an hospital. Nor is there any reason why all of the faction champions MUST be involved. It would certainly be neat to see them get a bit more screen time, but it is not a requirement.

The fact that Tyrande isn't involved, by itself, isn't that big of a deal to me to begin with. Like I stated before, I would be satisfied by a canon explanation (if it is sensible). But this isn't a lonesome incident. This is simply the latest link in a long chain of in-game events and interviews that have eroded the faith night elf fans might have had in Blizzard.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
It's like having Batman sit out of the ultimate Joker showdown because he's busy.
I agree it is a mistake to do this comic book hero-villain build up in a fantasy universe to begin with. Makes for very stale and predictable stories if followed through.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:00 AM

Arch-Druid

So, who is good at listening to other languages and knowing what is being said to be available for translation?

The Eye helm transmog thing from Crucible has been speaking to people starting yesterday, and its doing it to me now. Has been going on for about 10 minutes.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:29 AM

Eternal

Seems like Theramore is up and running again lorewise.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/mission=2158...ing-the-rumors

An Alliance general has been tasked with carrying vital information on the next Worldvein location to Theramore for transport to Stormwind. We are going to stage a raid on the Southern Barrens as a pretense to steal the information.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:50 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post

An Alliance general has been tasked with carrying vital information on the next Worldvein location to Theramore for transport to Stormwind. We are going to stage a raid on the Southern Barrens as a pretense to steal the information.
I doubt it, I think someone who doesn't know the lore just looked at an old map and wrote the name of an alliance town in

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-25-2019, 08:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post

No, it's not, and that was even a point in the Jaina/Baine encounter.

"Theramore" still exists as a location, just not as a town. Just like Baine chose to met Jaina there because he felt it was the safest place, this mission may just used Theramore as a rendezvous point.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:25 AM

Eternal

Come on, don't be party poopers. According to similar missions, the Horde is rebuilding Alterac City.

EDIT:

Also, it ties well in an earlier mission where both factions checked if a base could be re-established there.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.

Last edited by Ujimasa Hojo; 05-25-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 05-29-2019, 08:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Crestfall expedition theme has some Warcraft 2 feels mixed into it.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Ahh, the Blizzard Music Department never disappoints....
Old 06-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

It reminds me of Azsuna and the dungeon Eye of Azshara.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:32 PM

Arch-Druid

I'll take a guess at patch release schedule for BfA:

8.2: June 25th is most likely.

8.2.5: News start near end of July, PTR early August, release end September/early October.

8.3: Blizzard will probably withold news for Blizzcon, PTR for after it. Release will probably be after holidays, in January 2020.

8.3.5: Comes April 2020, including preorder content for next expansion.

9.0: November 2020

What do you think?

Old 06-21-2019, 01:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Mechagon comic.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/comic/mechagon

Cool comic, really made the junkers look way more interesting. This is what I talk about fleshing out a race. With this single short tale, we found out how these mechagnomes think, what they aim for, how they are transformed, what the transformation means, plus they got a dark side. Now they are not just a (depending on each one's tastes) cool-looking race, but a real part of the setting, with its own soul.

That's what the void elves lack. It still amazes me that Blizz didn't make even a short story about them when they came out.

Last edited by Deicide; 06-21-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Old 06-21-2019, 03:27 PM

World Builder

Shame they didn't put any of it ingame

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-21-2019, 03:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Shame they didn't put any of it ingame
Well, I didn't go far in the Mechagon campaign in PTR, but there's probably some more lore in it.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Horde Fire Festival keeper in Vol'dun is a vulpera.

More fuel for the fire!

Old 06-26-2019, 06:27 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Could the last raid be the Defense of Thunder Bluff? To mirror the Siege of Orgirmmar.

I hope so. As an Alliance player, the only aspect of the Horde I like are the Tauren and everything associated with them. Including Thunder Bluff.

But it's difficult to see how a "defence" would work as a raid scenario.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:16 AM

Problemsolver

Laying siege to Thunder Bluff would be as bad an action, if not worse, as the unforgivable destruction of Taurajo.

Sylvanas is treading on thin ice.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Since I wasn’t hype by the lore aspect of 8.2, I was just looking forward to gearing up for raid and getting my characters strong for group content.

The following are my impressions on 8.2 as of release day:

Nazjatar is more fun than I expected; every nook and cranny of it is fun. To be honest I even thought it was amazing when I realized I climbed a really high “mountain” while looking for treasures and quest objectives, only to fall down and die. Despite obviously failing on my endeavor, it made me realize how astounding and beautifully done the zone design of Nazjatar was. Hope to see more of that in the future.

Mechagon is way more interesting than I expected, some subzones give me a Dishonored vibe and make me want to play around it with a gnome or bfa mechagnome. In more than 10 years of playing WoW, I’ve only felt like playing a gnome once or twice.

The mini-games, mini-objectives and new quest designs (short cutscenes before you meet the final objective of a quest, teleportation, sliding through the ice, etc) are really great and should be the new standard for future WoW designs.

What really caught my intention was the new approach to the sound design of in-game cutscenes, especially the insertion of specific music tracks and sound effects in the Mechagon cutscenes. Great, great job there. Please keep it coming.

The roleplay moments with the sea waves and crashing mountains when you first get to Nazjatar are also unexpected and really something that we should see more in WoW.

Overall I’m surprised by 8.2 for now.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
https://youtu.be/shC6Cw_gxb0

Could the last raid be the Defense of Thunder Bluff? To mirror the Siege of Orgirmmar.

I hope so. As an Alliance player, the only aspect of the Horde I like are the Tauren and everything associated with them. Including Thunder Bluff.

But it's difficult to see how a "defence" would work as a raid scenario.
The thought crossed my mind. It seems more likely that this will be another of those “choice” situations.

I could also see this being a ploy by Sylvanas. With the elimination of the Alliance Naval advantage, sending troops to Thunder Bluff is going to be extremely difficult for the already stretched Alliance. It might create the sort of opening that Sylvanas wants. Plus, I could see some in the Alliance getting pissed about it.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Arch-Druid

If there's a "Defense of Thunderbluff" story, I'd bet 8.2.5 rather than final raid.

I was expecting in my predictions that there would be a "Myst Isle" warfront because Sylvanas would cause another battle as distraction for her 8.3 endgame. A Defense of Thunderbluff could work in a similar way.

The problem I see with Thunderbluff being the final act is that it has nothing to do with Sylvanas' endgame. We will see what her plans are and she will either fulfill them or come very close to achieve them, thus leading to the final battle. Her forgetting her endgame just for vengeance on Baine and Thrall would be a waste of her arc and the ultimate reasons behind BfA.

Last edited by Deicide; 06-27-2019 at 03:54 AM..
Old 06-26-2019, 08:50 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
If there's a "Defense of Thunderbluff" story, I'd bet 8.2.5 rather than final raid.

I was expecting in my predictions that there would be a "Myst Isle" warfront because Sylvanas would cause another battle as distraction for her 8.3 endgame. A Defense of Thunderbluff could work in a similar way.

The problem I see with Thunderbluff being the final act is that it has nothing to do with Sylvanas' endgame. We will see what her plans are and she will either fulfill them or come very close to achieve them, thus leading to the final battle. Her forgetting her endgame just for vengeance on Baine and Thrall would be a waste of her arc and the ultimate BfA reasons behind BfA.
I tend to agree. I could see Anduin overextending to save Thunder Bluff and then maybe leaving Stormwind vulnerable....

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft