Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 03:15 AM

Arch-Druid

PvP Symbol - Horde No more warchiefs, please

Warchief system is not that good. I think that the Horde needs the council system much more than Alliance. Because Alliance is already sort of a council and it's too white and honorable now to have serious leadership problems. I'll even go as far as to say that the Alliance leadership system was one of the critical things that allowed its survival after the fall of Lordaeron. Yeap, The Alliance kinda fell, but at the same time all the surviving factions successfully banded together with the leadership moved from Lordaeron to Theramore and Ironforge. And later Stormwind.
You know, back in MoP I really hoped that after the death of Garrosh there would be no new warchief. Because too many things in the Horde are dependant solely on his decisions and his mindset. So I hoped that the races of the Horde would realise that and turn leadership of their faction into something more akin to the Alliance one with all leaders being equal and the 'high king' actually being nothing more but a supreme commander of the united Alliance army.
This thought popped out of my head because of the new spoilers. Yes, I know that the Horde will obviously manage to overcome their new problem with leadership in Legion, but an event like this could've been fatal for the Horde. In this retrospective, 'dismantling of the Horde' would've not been so bad, if done right, with tauren, blood elves and goblins becoming neutral friendly with the Alliance. Trolls and no so bloodthirsty orcs as neutrals and the undead, well, i'm speculating way too much right now.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:34 AM

Elune

I think that, with the fall of Garrosh and now the interim-warchief Sylvanas, it is already the case. The Warchief hasn't shown much power the last expansion, I think the title is already more in name than functional. Especially if Sylvanas gets the title, I don't think she'll get much support in Kalimdor. The Horde will probably function more like a council of member-states.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:01 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Orc Icon (War3)

Shhh! The Warchief might hear you.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Dissolve the office of the Warchief. Transition the Horde to a republic. Elect a senate. Become a modern state.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:17 AM

Banished

In place of a Warchief a Warmatron

Old 11-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Elune

The Horde never learning from its mistakes is a running theme and about the only consistent thing left in Warcraft's narrative.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 AM

Banished

Too late to have a better Horde.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Well, just how much does it matter who's Warchief when the individual Horde races are free to rebel and defy any orders that Warchief gives?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:19 AM

Eternal

Don't know what you guys are talking about but im assuming that its. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A CONTROVERSY WHERE THE HORDE GETS OFF SCOT FREE.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:29 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

Dissolve the office of the Warchief. Transition the Horde to a republic. Elect a senate. Become a modern state.
It would certainly be amusing if the Horde became the first multi-national state (apart from arguably Ironforge) in Azeroth to do so.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Post I think I'm arriving a little late to the party

What do you mean, "interim-warchief Sylvanas"? I thought the Horde already has a warchief - Vol'jin. Granted, he hasn't done too good a job of it, but still.

Although if you're not kidding and she really is interim-warchief, I'm not going to object either on a meta or in-universe level. If the Horde are actually stupid enough to entrust war-time leadership to an undead elf with no regard for the lives of the living and a mean-streak a mile wide then they deserve every consequence they suffer as a result.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:

The Warsenate
Old 11-27-2015, 07:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
The Warsenate
Overlords are replaced with exwarchs. The high shaman is replaced with the warsifex. The equivalent of SAC will be known as wargister militum.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:48 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Overlords are replaced with exwarchs. The high shaman is replaced with the warsifex. The equivalent of SAC will be known as wargister militum.
The Warident shall be surrounded by a War Cabinet with the Secrewary of the Interiwar, Warery and Warfield Security.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
The Warident shall be surrounded by a War Cabinet with the Secrewary of the Interiwar, Warery and Warfield Security.
As part of this government reform, ambassadwars are sent to the alliance capitals, Pandaria and uldum, where the horde has been allowed to establish embwarsies. Legally, these are considered horde territwary.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM

Banished

Yeah, the new title should be Hordak.

Tags
horde bias, warcraft