Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #23551  
Old 08-04-2016, 02:54 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
How does one crush a religion?
Acknowledging it is actually a threat would be a start.
Reply With Quote
  #23552  
Old 08-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Acknowledging it is actually a threat would be a start.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #23553  
Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 AM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,263

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Acknowledging it is actually a threat would be a start.
It's a staggering number of cultural, political, economic, social, and pretty much every other imaginable kind of problem combined. To point the blame on faith alone is either willful ignorance or deliberately malicious.
__________________
...Place loses all significance...
Reply With Quote
  #23554  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:17 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
It's a staggering number of cultural, political, economic, social, and pretty much every other imaginable kind of problem combined. To point the blame on faith alone is either willful ignorance or deliberately malicious.
Same could be said for Latinos yet we don't see them engaging in terrorist attacks against the West. And same could be said of many other non-musilm group worldwide.

The truth is, Islam causes the bulk of issues faced in the ME. I think it is past the point where something needs to be done about this.
Reply With Quote
  #23555  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default


I don't think I posted this earlier.

Gods, I hate most Millennials.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #23556  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:57 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
It's a staggering number of cultural, political, economic, social, and pretty much every other imaginable kind of problem combined. To point the blame on faith alone is either willful ignorance or deliberately malicious.
I like how you twisted it. Nice work. However, acknowledging a religion is a threat (to something particular, to be exact) and putting all the blame on to it are two different things. It is simply about admitting it is a problem, not the problem.

Nevertheless, my post was not aimed at Islam at all. Any organized religion working with principles incompatible with the modern society and unwilling to reform is a threat (to the modern society). Economic, social, cultural, political problems certainly factor in too, but that does not really affect the base of this.
Reply With Quote
  #23557  
Old 08-05-2016, 03:42 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,164

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I don't think I posted this earlier.

Gods, I hate most Millennials.
Searching for Millennials vs. Generation X, I discovered that I am a member of the Oregon Trail Generation.

For those of you whose first experience with a computer WASN'T playing Oregon Trail in an elementary school computer lab, I regret to inform you that your life will never be fulfilling.

https://socialmediaweek.org/blog/201...il-generation/

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-05-2016 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23558  
Old 08-05-2016, 04:08 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Searching for Millennials vs. Generation X, I discovered that I am a member of the Oregon Trail Generation.

For those of you whose first experience with a computer WASN'T playing Oregon Trail in an elementary school computer lab, I regret to inform you that your life will never be fulfilling.

https://socialmediaweek.org/blog/201...il-generation/
My first experience with a computer in an elementary school computer lab was playing snake.
Reply With Quote
  #23559  
Old 08-05-2016, 04:34 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Reply With Quote
  #23560  
Old 08-05-2016, 05:47 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
My first experience with a computer in an elementary school computer lab was playing snake.
This is where getting your computer relatively late is a good thing. My first computer experience was GTA3
Reply With Quote
  #23561  
Old 08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Sagara Sagara is offline

Arch-Druid
Sagara's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,269
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
This is where getting your computer relatively late is a good thing. My first computer experience was GTA3
I'll dispute that claim, on grounds similar to the article. It's FASCINATING how the world has evolved in a couple of generations, in so many fields. It gives you a really broad view on video gaming when you can actually remember playing freaking Joulst and thinking "this is the hottest thing ever!" Gaming is truly a core part of my being, and not just a "big" hobby. I learned numbers, vocabulary, foreign languages and building a computer because of gaming, I learned about TTRPGs and CCGs via gaming groups, I learned teamwork, patience and dedication because of gaming. It was here since I was 3 and it's still teaching me lessons in storytelling this year (granted, it's not WoW that's gonna teach about THAT specific point :-p) You ask me about milestones in my life, you'll likely hear about Secret of Mana and WoW raiding right alongside marriage, my boy and that big shift in my carreer.

I guess if there's any similarity to be found, it would probably be with Millenial's relationship with social media. Those things happened when we already were adults, and because of that, we have a certain distance with it. We're not *exactly* bumbling dads with it, but you can feel a frank disconnect with those 5-10 years younger, for whom this is a granted part of life.
I know I don't *get* the concept of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and the like as anything more than a way to keep in touch and meet new people via shared interest. My POV is that it's not much more than a big forum, which is probably so off-base it's funny to millenials.
__________________
*This message may have been slightly exaggerated for comedic effect. Reader discretion is advised.

Enigma will take you where Dogma cannot.
We do not create the path to Ascension, we explore it.**

**That message hasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #23562  
Old 08-05-2016, 07:59 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Eh, I don't buy the generation category. A Romanian generation X man who grew up in the communist era is pretty different than an American X. But to play along, if we go by stereotypes then Millennials and Baby Boomers are the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #23563  
Old 08-05-2016, 08:09 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,164

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Eh, I don't buy the generation category. A Romanian generation X man who grew up in the communist era is pretty different than an American X. But to play along, if we go by stereotypes then Millennials and Baby Boomers are the worst.
I get what you're saying. According to the years... German Nazis were members of the Greatest Generation.

And why not? They were likely just as patriotic and racist as American counterparts.
Reply With Quote
  #23564  
Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Searching for Millennials vs. Generation X, I discovered that I am a member of the Oregon Trail Generation.

For those of you whose first experience with a computer WASN'T playing Oregon Trail in an elementary school computer lab, I regret to inform you that your life will never be fulfilling.

https://socialmediaweek.org/blog/201...il-generation/
Huh, that definition does seem to fit me a bit better than the standard X or Millennial labels.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #23565  
Old 08-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,491

Default

People always seem to go out of their way to shit on millenials
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23566  
Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
People always seem to go out of their way to shit on millenials
Understandable, since quite a large batch of them are whiny, spoiled manchildren with fuck all in terms of social skills who just want to sit on their fat asses and play vidya games for a living.
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #23567  
Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Galdus Galdus is offline

Banished
Galdus's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,346

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
It's a staggering number of cultural, political, economic, social, and pretty much every other imaginable kind of problem combined. To point the blame on faith alone is either willful ignorance or deliberately malicious.
How about you tell us what Islam has for the current world to use?

As Richard Dawkins pointed out, the Islamic world has an underwhelming amount of contributions in science and technology.
Reply With Quote
  #23568  
Old 08-05-2016, 10:20 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,164

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Understandable, since quite a large batch of them are whiny, spoiled manchildren with fuck all in terms of social skills who just want to sit on their fat asses and play vidya games for a living.
Change "play vidya games" to something like "fishing" or "watching football", and you can probably use that to describe a huge generational number of oafs.

Then pump them up with college debts because they need a degree to get a job that feeds a family. Sorry, I mean BOTH spouses need degrees so they can each get jobs to feed their family.

Factor in that college means 4+ years of a highschool-like environment and life, further delaying the time that these people are able to enter the world and begin careers.

Oh oh, did I see both spouses need jobs? We forgot to factor in child care, if they really want to start a family. What, you can't afford childcare because the cost is incredibly inflated in modern times? Well shit, I don't understand why more Millenials aren't buying their own houses and starting families right away.






EDIT: Obligatory Oregon Trail life choices image:



If you laughed at those two references placed together, you're probably close to my age.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-05-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23569  
Old 08-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
This is where getting your computer relatively late is a good thing. My first computer experience was GTA3
My parents denied internet access at home during my entire school career. It sure was fun having to stay at school for additional hours because my teachers had started to outsource research to online databases. Which wasn't unheard of in my youth, actually. I was part of the very last batch of kids that grew up when the internet wasn't an every-house-hold-thing yet. The idea of kids these days having easy access to the web is a weird one for me, as is the idea of handing cellphones to them. Well, and the idea of cellphones in general. And to think kids born today are going to take VR for granted...

Imagine puberty without porn.
Reply With Quote
  #23570  
Old 08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
My parents denied internet access at home during my entire school career. It sure was fun having to stay at school for additional hours because my teachers had started to outsource research to online databases. Which wasn't unheard of in my youth, actually. I was part of the very last batch of kids that grew up when the internet wasn't an every-house-hold-thing yet. The idea of kids these days having easy access to the web is a weird one for me, as is the idea of handing cellphones to them. Well, and the idea of cellphones in general. And to think kids born today are going to take VR for granted...

Imagine puberty without porn.
It honestly bothers me when I see parents hand kids that are young teens or even younger tablets and cell phones. Going to my cousins daughters Birthday a few months ago at a park and seeing young kids just sitting at a table on tablets instead of actually playing in the park just seemed so wrong. What bothers me even more is that it's even worse than television now days when it comes to parents wanting to avoid doing any sort of parenting which results in kids that are fucking entitled brats.

Last edited by Leviathon; 08-05-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23571  
Old 08-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Understandable, since quite a large batch of them are whiny, spoiled manchildren with fuck all in terms of social skills who just want to sit on their fat asses and play vidya games for a living.
You watch too much fox news.

http://www.cracked.com/article_23326...ke-idiots.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-lies-m...each-other_p1/

http://time.com/money/3094008/millen...oiled-boomers/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...s-survey-finds
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23572  
Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

I have never heard the term "millenials" before GTA V. Thus I am convinced Rockstar made it up, everybody used it to be cool and once they realized their blunder the entire world just pretended it didn't happen and continues to use it.
Reply With Quote
  #23573  
Old 08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Change "play vidya games" to something like "fishing" or "watching football", and you can probably use that to describe a huge generational number of oafs.

Then pump them up with college debts because they need a degree to get a job that feeds a family. Sorry, I mean BOTH spouses need degrees so they can each get jobs to feed their family.

Factor in that college means 4+ years of a highschool-like environment and life, further delaying the time that these people are able to enter the world and begin careers.

Oh oh, did I see both spouses need jobs? We forgot to factor in child care, if they really want to start a family. What, you can't afford childcare because the cost is incredibly inflated in modern times? Well shit, I don't understand why more Millenials aren't buying their own houses and starting families right away.
I wish more people understood this.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #23574  
Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Change "play vidya games" to something like "fishing" or "watching football", and you can probably use that to describe a huge generational number of oafs.

Then pump them up with college debts because they need a degree to get a job that feeds a family. Sorry, I mean BOTH spouses need degrees so they can each get jobs to feed their family.

Factor in that college means 4+ years of a highschool-like environment and life, further delaying the time that these people are able to enter the world and begin careers.

Oh oh, did I see both spouses need jobs? We forgot to factor in child care, if they really want to start a family. What, you can't afford childcare because the cost is incredibly inflated in modern times? Well shit, I don't understand why more Millenials aren't buying their own houses and starting families right away.






EDIT: Obligatory Oregon Trail life choices image:



If you laughed at those two references placed together, you're probably close to my age.
http://www.goarmy.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23575  
Old 08-05-2016, 01:38 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,164

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Yeah, a few of my peers went that route. And of course, our resident PJ.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.