Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 09-19-2016, 07:16 PM

Eternal

As globalization and technology increase exponentially, wealth will become increasingly unequal in it's distributed. Standards of living will rise, but unevenly. Fighting this pretty much consigning yourself to a never-ending luddite struggle, so the way I see it there are two options.
The government steps in and enforces a more equal wealth distribution, or the wealth (and thus, power) becomes concentrated in the hands of the elite and they become intertwined with the government. This has already happened somewhat, and I know there are people on this board that will defend it, so I won't say anything.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
And now for some fun quotes from Donnie.

"You know– the Constitution — there’s nothing like it. But it doesn’t necessarily give us the right to commit suicide, as a country, OK? And I’ll tell you this. Call it whatever you want, change territories, but there are territories and terror states and terror nations that we’re not gonna allow the people to come into our country." Source

"We are going to have to give up certain privileges that we’ve always had.[…] Surveillance took a big turn over the last 48 hours. Forty-eight hours ago everybody was saying, ‘Well we want our freedoms, we don’t want this to happen.’ And now, all of sudden, people are saying, ‘Hey listen, you can listen to my phone conversations.’" Source

"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people." Source

"We’re going to have to be a lot sharper and we’re going to have to do things that are unthinkable almost." Source

"I would bring back waterboarding. And I would bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding." Source

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families." Source

"They won’t refuse. They’re not going to refuse me. [...] If I say do it, they’re going to do it. That's what leadership is all about." Source

"Take a look at Presidential Proclamations 2525, 2526 and 2527, having to do with alien German, alien Italian, alien Japanese. They stripped them of their naturalization proceedings. They went through a whole list of things; they couldn’t go five miles from their homes. They weren’t allowed to use radios, flashlights. I mean, you know, take a look at what FDR did many years ago and he’s one of the most highly respected presidents. " Source

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on. We have no choice. We have no choice. We have no choice." Source

"I didn’t say shut it down. I said you have to be very careful. We have to be very, very strong and vigilant at the borders." Source

"I would close up our borders to people until we figure out what is going on." Source

"We have a serious problem, and it's a temporary ban -- it hasn't been called for yet, nobody's done it, this is just a suggestion until we find out what's going on." Source

"And we’re gonna have a thing called ‘Extreme vetting'. And if people wanna come in, there’s gonna be extreme vetting. We’re gonna have extreme vetting. They’re gonna come in and we’re gonna know where they came from and who they are." Source

"The mainstream media want to surrender the Constitution." Source

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws." Source

"I think the political press is among the most dishonest people that I have ever met, I have to tell you. I see the stories, and I see the way they're couched." Source

"We're going to open up libel laws, and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before." Source

"These people back here are the worst. They are so dishonest … 70 to 75 percent are absolutely dishonest. Absolute scum. Remember that. Scum. Scum. Totally dishonest people.[…] She’s back there, little Katy. What a lie it was … what a lie it was for NBC to have written that. Total lies … a third rate reporter. Remember that. Third rate." Source

"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world." Source

"I was not endorsing it. I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength. And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn’t mean at all I was endorsing it." Source

"And you've got to give [Kim Jong Un] credit. How many young guys — he was like 26 or 25 when his father died — take over these tough generals…. It's incredible. He wiped out the uncle. He wiped out this one, that one. I mean, this guy doesn't play games." Source

"Hussein throws a little gas, everyone goes crazy, 'oh he's using gas’!"Source

"Saddam Hussein was a bad guy. Right? He was a bad guy, really bad guy. But you know what he did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights — they didn't talk, they were a terrorist, it was over." Source

"I do give great credit to [Erdogan] for turning [the coup] around." Source

"I will tell you, in terms of leadership, [Putin]'s getting an 'A,' and our president is not doing so well." Source

"He's running his country, and at least [Putin]'s a leader, you know, unlike what we have in this country." Source

"I don’t know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. … I never met Putin." Source

"I spoke directly and indirectly with President Putin who could not have been nicer." Source

"Asked by Karl if his position is that those on the no-fly or terror watch list should not be able to purchase a gun, Trump responded, 'I’d like to see that, and I’d like to say it. And it’s simpler. It’s just simpler.'"Source
Am I supposed to be triggered by these?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Donnie's idol caught cheating again. Really makes you think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...allot-box.html
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 09-19-2016 at 08:42 PM..
Old 09-19-2016, 08:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
Point being, him sourcing information from Reddit and it being documented indicates intent, which as I understand it would negate whatever immunity deal Paul Combetta had.
Well, looking into this... This is quite a bit different. It's got him trying to alter files, and other shit. He has been very careless, has broken many of the basic shit rules, and judging from his tech posts, well... I think this guy is in for a world of hurt, and I hope he's had enough sense to wipe his shit after, because his entire world is about to be ripped to pieces by the chans.

The real question everyone is asking though..

Does he die or not?

EDIT:

Jesus, he's got a bunch of VPN questions... And he's posted IP addresses of servers.. Jesus fucking Christ, what the fuck dude?

Last edited by Ruinshin; 09-19-2016 at 08:47 PM..
Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 PM

Banished

Old 09-19-2016, 11:24 PM

Elune

There is risk associated with everything you do including inaction. Not letting refuges in could result in them becoming desperate and joining terrorists or having a general worse feeling about the Western World which could contribute to more terrorism.

This whole "Let's do nothing because there is no risk," is the requiem for failure. A great man once said there are three things you can do. The best is the right thing, the second best is the wrong thing, and the worst is nothing.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:37 PM

Banished

I figure you're ignoring all the terrorists or otherwise violent criminals who are immigrants or close to immigrants.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
I figure you're ignoring all the terrorists or otherwise violent criminals who are immigrants or close to immigrants.
You could be a violent criminal for all I know. We have to accept risk to accomplish anything. Not accepting refuges could be even riskier.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:06 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
None, don't bother majoring in it.
It's common among a lot of aspiring lawyers, but does not lead into any direct jobs unless go the academic route. You can still get a job with political science, but you need to supplement it with a lot of political/student activism and leadership roles on campus. I have a number of friends who are working with politicians on their campaigns. But in terms of a political job, I find that majoring in Government or Public Policy are highly underrated, as they often both lead to well-paying jobs/careers in public government roles.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:58 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You could be a violent criminal for all I know. We have to accept risk to accomplish anything. Not accepting refuges could be even riskier.
Tell us what America gets out of hordes of 80s IQ (or lower) "refugees". Welfare using?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Tell us what America gets out of hordes of 80s IQ (or lower) "refugees". Welfare using?
Jobs no one wants to do that I pay for.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:47 AM

Banished

And what jobs are those?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
And what jobs are those?
People that do my plumbing or fix my car. Maybe move all the things in my house to a new house. Work on my HVAC. A lot of agriculture.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:21 AM

Banished

And only Dindus can do those.

Anyway:

Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
People that do my plumbing or fix my car. Maybe move all the things in my house to a new house. Work on my HVAC. A lot of agriculture.
Less people means higher pay for those jobs which means a better quality of life for those doing them.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:39 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Less people means higher pay for those jobs which means a better quality of life for those doing them.
I don't think economics on this level works so simplistically. Because we could then say with equal shallowness that higher pay and better quality of life attracts others to job, creating labor surplus, decreasing overall demand, pay, and quality of life.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah but I rather pay less because of the worker surplus.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I don't think economics on this level works so simplistically. Because we could then say with equal shallowness that higher pay and better quality of life attracts others to job, creating labor surplus, decreasing overall demand, pay, and quality of life.
Supply and demand works on the labor pool as well, yes, that is correct.

Quote:
Yeah but I rather pay less because of the worker surplus.
That hurts the country. Obviously it's nice to pay less.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
It's the old business vs workers phenomena (I miss those days).
Workers would rather get a good pay but businesses/consumers would rather get it cheap.

In an ideal scenario people would get a moderate pay for a moderately priced good instead of getting an extremely cheap good at the price of child sweatshop labour.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
At the end of the day, Free trade is a scourge and a parasite.
Whichever country is willing to do it the cheapest works it doesn't matter if it involves mass pollution, child labour, working for cents, or shittastic conditions.

This results in the "race to the bottom."
Incentives to cut environmental legislation, taxes, workers rights, and wages where the one who does it the most will be the one getting employment.

If they are all Western developed countries (or close to it) then yea you can have your free trade as they all follow basic standards so its perfectly acceptable.

It's not when you have to compete against barely paid child labour.
Well I agree with you that unchecked globalization is bad and has very real casualties.

But in theory it will improve lives globally in the end. As you may know China is losing manufacturing jobs because now the Chinese have some standards and demand higher pay. So jobs move to even poorer Asian countries and then probably Africa but in the end somewhere in Central African Republic the bottom is hit. No cheaper place to go. Standards and wages start rising from there. Some time after that wages will mostly even out globally and stuff like immigration and wars will become obsolete.

That said technology or simple chance may derail this process. And in the meantime (which will be quite a while) there will indeed be a race to the bottom that we are already seeing now.

Again, while the numbers and projections are good in theory in practice a lot of people will be suffering. Both in the West and abroad and something should be done out of humanitarian reasons to mitigate the ills of globalization.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:56 AM

Elune

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7324&tid=ss_tw

Donnie steals from his own "charity" and cheats on taxes. Shocking. When do you think he'll be arrested for this?
Member #14
Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 PM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7324&tid=ss_tw

Donnie steals from his own "charity" and cheats on taxes. Shocking. When do you think he'll be arrested for this?
Probably around the same time the Clintons get the same.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Both of them getting arrested during the debate would be pretty awesome.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-20-2016, 12:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
That would require her charity to have actually done something wrong, not be one of the highest-rated charities. Who said it was bad? The guy whose charity just got exposed for being corrupt as fuck? So that gullible people like you will say "well, both sides do it?" Pay attention. The man projects to an extreme. If he accuses Clinton of something, it's probably because Donnie is doing it.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 09-20-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 12:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Both of them getting arrested during the debate would be pretty awesome.
It'd be genuinely the best news regarding the U.S. in many years.

Tags
#yesallhumans, 2016, bring back monarchy, darkest timeline, disband all factions, giant asteroid 2016, hate trumps love, it's 2016 come on!, politics, sylvanas for president