Old 02-02-2016, 06:34 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Moving right along.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Just some dumb person trying to target Republicans, making a stupid comparison, ignoring that Hilary thanked God a thousand times yesterday publicly.

Don't pay it any mind, just a Swede afraid to go outside because of the roving packs of racists they have in their little piece paradise.
Why do people love to make jokes on Republicans?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Because all politicians are awful and humor is a thing?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Banished

Am i the only one who thinks a religious guy having Cruz as last name is kinda funny?

I'm here for Bernie, he seems nice.

And Bolvar omg you sound like ARTPOPGaga, please dont. "I'm an album artist" cue her getting outsold by Katy Perry.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
1. People take politics (too) seriously.
2. People don't like it when people disagree with them, especially when it's something that they deem important.
3. People want to think of themselves as smart.
4. People can't accept that intelligent people can have completely different opinions.
5. Mocking someone is a fun way to show how smart you are and how dumb everyone that you disagree with is without having to confront them.
6. The Internet, especially places that you frequent are young and liberal.

Most of my friend circles are conservative and the opposite usually happens. People bash Hilary, Obama, Bernie, and Democrats all the time.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Just some dumb person trying to target Republicans, making a stupid comparison, ignoring that Hilary thanked God a thousand times yesterday publicly.

Don't pay it any mind, just a Swede afraid to go outside because of the roving packs of racists they have in their little piece paradise.
Hilary isn't the one saying anti-Islamic things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:13 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Hilary isn't the one saying anti-Islamic things.
Was Cruz saying something overly anti-Islamic?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Why both of the Republic nominees are so old?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:24 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Why both of the Republic nominees are so old?
You mean Democrats?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
You mean Democrats?
Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are both well under 50. Hillary is almost 70 and Bernie is in his mid 70s.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
You mean Democrats?
Yeah my bad.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Was Cruz saying something overly anti-Islamic?
Overly? No idea what that means to you.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:45 PM

Demon Hunter

I love the way 538's been covering the campaign so far, though they tend to attract a lot of shitty commenters from many different factions who yell because they're not buying into any particular narrative interpretation of the data.

Staff chat on the next couple of Republican Primaries and
where Ted Cruz goes from here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-go-from-here/
Old 02-02-2016, 07:53 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Overly? No idea what that means to you.
I am not as racist as you, so take that into account.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
I am not as racist as you, so take that into account.
That's impossible.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2016, 09:11 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
That's impossible.
Are you PC bro?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Are you PC bro?
No
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2016, 10:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
1. People take politics (too) seriously.
2. People don't like it when people disagree with them, especially when it's something that they deem important.
3. People want to think of themselves as smart.
4. People can't accept that intelligent people can have completely different opinions.
5. Mocking someone is a fun way to show how smart you are and how dumb everyone that you disagree with is without having to confront them.
6. The Internet, especially places that you frequent are young and liberal.

Most of my friend circles are conservative and the opposite usually happens. People bash Hilary, Obama, Bernie, and Democrats all the time.
Some of them probably don't even know why their blood boils at Republicans. Some people treat their political rivals worse than they treat military enemies like ISIS. A cynical interpretation could be that Republicans threaten the cronyism they benefit from or that they challenge ideas they invest so much in and that makes them uncomfortable.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:15 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I love the way 538's been covering the campaign so far, though they tend to attract a lot of shitty commenters from many different factions who yell because they're not buying into any particular narrative interpretation of the data.

Staff chat on the next couple of Republican Primaries and
where Ted Cruz goes from here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-go-from-here/
I was just going to share that same article. It's fascinating, because Silver and Company, despite their facade of impartiality, are clearly very left-leaning.

With that said, they do a pretty fair job of letting the data do the talking. And Silver said exactly what I've been saying - Trump's poll numbers are starting to look like total bullshit.

He also said what I've been saying with regards to Trump being a useful idiot for the GOP field. He's a lighting rod that makes everyone else look moderate by comparison. It's good that he's drawn all this attention. But as he starts to lose elections, his effectiveness is diminished, and it becomes a two-man race between Cruz and Rubio.

And that's where it gets really interesting. Rubio has the party establishment behind him. Cruz has the grass roots, and is generally considered the smartest cat in the room.

For what it's worth, my dear Fojar - I spend a LOT more time reading leftist media than I do reading anything right-wing. I don't need conservative talking heads telling me how to think - I'm good there. But I do like getting in the head of the opposition. And what I'm seeing for the DNC isn't pretty - you've got college kids hyped about getting free tuition from Bernie, and you've got old establishment Democrats who are clinging to the notion that it's Hillary's turn and having a Clinton back in the White House will be a good thing. But neither candidate is anywhere near the motivating cult of personality that Obama enjoyed. Blacks don't care. Even feminists are having a hard time supporting the woman who wouldn't stand up for the victims of her husband's sexual predation. Couple that with the natural ebb and flow of voter fatigue from right to left, and you're looking at a country that really has no motivation to vote Democrat, and doesn't want to keep a Republican out of the office all that badly, as long as it's not Trump.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:20 AM

Poor Soldier

Can you hook me up with where you saw voter turn out for Democrats being low Bolvar?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Where do you think that line is drawn? Most people with any sort of skill set make more in the United States, including teachers.
Make more? Sure. By how much? And when you add in the other benefits and costs of living (e.g. health care, vacation/sick leave, putting your kids through college, etc.), then that "more" increasingly starts looking like "less."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Increasing wages destroys small businesses. It also drives up the cost of goods. In other words: it doesn't do shit for lower and middle class people.
From what I can see, Europeans seem to get along fine with their small businesses as well as their lower and middle classes affording goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Having a large, undocumented population of low skilled workers does not help wages either. Youth unemployment and general underemployment are because of companies abusing the visa system and because of the large swath of illegals that drive the cost of labor down. Lastly, having many of your jobs exported to poor countries also hurts your people, either in the service industry (call centers) or manufacturing.
We call that "capitalism."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
No increase minimum wage! Offer more vocational training and make a more competitive open market.
If you want a "more competitive open market," then you need to have the sincerity to say "fuck the small business owners who lose out to corporate competition and capitalistic forces!"
Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
We call that "capitalism."

If you want a "more competitive open market," then you need to have the sincerity to say "fuck the small business owners who lose out to corporate competition and capitalistic forces!"
I hope you know I have never defended capitalism in such a way. If you want to raise the minimum wage you first need to remove the people who are driving wages down as well as the process by which companies abuse the H1B visa.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Make more? Sure. By how much? And when you add in the other benefits and costs of living (e.g. health care, vacation/sick leave, putting your kids through college, etc.), then that "more" increasingly starts looking like "less."
You get a lot of those things from your employer though. College being expensive is another issue entirely that I blame on government backed student loans. The difference isn't minor though. You will make $20-30k more dollars a year in the US.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...ngineer/Salary

$71,000 USD

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/...ngineer/Salary

$44,790.69 USD

http://www.payscale.com/research/DE/...ngineer/Salary

$52,430.42 USD

http://www.payscale.com/research/FR/...ngineer/Salary

$44,812.41 USD

Do you think with $20-30k a year you could afford college for your kids? The vacation time and health insurance is going to come with the job. Walmart offers people health insurance so an engineering job definitely will.

Gasoline alone cost considerably more in these other countries. Houses are smaller and rent is higher. Everything is generally more expensive in these high tax and high spending nations. Taxes will eat up even more of that money because there is a lot more of that outside of the US. It isn't just a higher income tax and sales taxes, there are a bunch of other little ways they sneak taxes in that the US does not.

I love all the people from these countries but I disagree with their economic policies being the best for society.

Quote:
Or just have less cronyism where the government picks winners and losers by giving special tax breaks or subsidies to their political allies. Who do you think gets to avoid paying that 35% US corporate tax rate? It isn't your small businesses that is for sure.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:26 AM

Elune

Old 02-03-2016, 11:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Not surprising. Don't know why Bush, Kasich, and Carson still think they stand a chance.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"

Tags
#yesallhumans, 2016, bring back monarchy, darkest timeline, disband all factions, giant asteroid 2016, hate trumps love, it's 2016 come on!, politics, sylvanas for president