Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-30-2018, 11:06 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Boralus is one of the best things I've seen ever in WoW.
Talking about it, was the Alliance area improved? Since WoWHead covered the Horde section of Zuldazar, I was eager to see if the Alliance could get those amounts of small details, but no one has ever covered it anywhere.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
A tabard does not really indicate anything towards an Allied race candidate though.

Personally I don't see Vulpera as good candidates for an Allied race at all. They're the definition of flash popularity. Everyone wants to talk Allied races and they're new and appeal to a certain demographic.

They have no real prescence outside one single zone and they're also functionally pointless to the war effort and thus Sylvanas. I guarantee they'd be just another underplayed and underdeveloped race like Worgen or gnomes come an expansion or 2 at most. Maybe even less depending on if they manage to stick a notable character.
Normally I'd agree but there's a number of things in the files pointing to it. They apparently have the same ID or somesuch as other allied races, there's the sheer amount of customization...it certainly points that way. And if nothing else, for a one-zone race, having all that customization is a tad odd to me.

We'll see though.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:14 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Talking about it, was the Alliance area improved? Since WoWHead covered the Horde section of Zuldazar, I was eager to see if the Alliance could get those amounts of small details, but no one has ever covered it anywhere.
What area are you interested? I can look at it in the sandbox.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:53 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Alliance zones are currently more fun than the horde ones if you ask me. They are also easier and have smoother leveling curves.

That is mostly related to mogu actually being somewhat tough opponents and the rest die very fast when you aoe them down.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
What area are you interested? I can look at it in the sandbox.
I don't know if the sandbox will have the information I seek.

I'm not looking for locations per se, I'm in search of interesting NPCs, racial representation (and diversity), lore tidbits, these small juicy things that make the area feel alive, varied and part of the setting.

Like: the Horde area in Zuldazar has highmountain tauren flying kites, blood elf tourists, Oculeth watching over the Horde portals, things like that.

Zuldazar harbor has a lot of other races around.

And there's also the many troll representatives in Zuldazar.

I'm in search of things like that in Boralus, but so far they either don't exist or I've seen no one bothered to show them. All I've seen of Boralus is Kul Tiran-exclusive, as if the place was isolated and not part of the setting, and last I saw (several builds ago), the Alliance site within the city was very undeveloped.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:29 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:

I'm in search of things like that in Boralus, but so far they either don't exist or I've seen no one bothered to show them. All I've seen of Boralus is Kul Tiran-exclusive, as if the place was isolated and not part of the setting, and last I saw (several builds ago), the Alliance site within the city was very undeveloped.
Boralus is incredibly unfinished compared to Zuldazar. About 1/3rd of the city is still devoid of NPCs, and the alliance area is the most unfinished part of Boralus period.

A large of chunk of the alliance area is a flat untextured landscape where a bunch of profession trainer NPCs are just lumped together in a semi-circle.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, and these Trainers basically only have placeholder stuff from other expansions.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Boralus is incredibly unfinished compared to Zuldazar. About 1/3rd of the city is still devoid of NPCs, and the alliance area is the most unfinished part of Boralus period.

A large of chunk of the alliance area is a flat untextured landscape where a bunch of profession trainer NPCs are just lumped together in a semi-circle.
Thanks for the clarification!

Waiting for new builds, then.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I hate you guys.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I don't know if the sandbox will have the information I seek.

I'm not looking for locations per se, I'm in search of interesting NPCs, racial representation (and diversity), lore tidbits, these small juicy things that make the area feel alive, varied and part of the setting.

Like: the Horde area in Zuldazar has highmountain tauren flying kites, blood elf tourists, Oculeth watching over the Horde portals, things like that.

Zuldazar harbor has a lot of other races around.

And there's also the many troll representatives in Zuldazar.

Boralus also has a lot of gaps in the floor in certain areas.

https://i.imgur.com/4hrm4Vo.jpg

Maybe we'll see more done with it somewhere around summer time, it's kind of a bummer at the moment.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:38 PM

Ranger

If this Firebombing children shit isn't pulled from Alpha what are they even doing with Horde at this rate.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
If this Firebombing children shit isn't pulled from Alpha what are they even doing with Horde at this rate.
You're not firebombing children. You're doing that to the adults protecting the children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:33 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You're not firebombing children. You're doing that to the adults protecting the children.
Just as bad. I am very close to washing my hands of blizzard.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
They do what a 40 years old think a 12 years old find cool
Old 04-01-2018, 08:11 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Happy Easter Everyone.

April Fools jokes are of course, April Fools jokes, but I've always paid attention to them because they have often acted as tells for developer biases and priorities. For example the Bard joke all but killed suggestions for a bard class, and back when people were worrying about armory spying, Blizzard made its position rather clear with the tinfoil hat joke. So it is of course with this in mind that I look over the current ones and have spotted this:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...idays-for-2018

Quote:
Geographically Themed Faction Ownership (GTFO)
To unify Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms more effectively, Blood Elves will swap with the Draenei to make sure the Alliance and the Horde have full control of one continent each for the duration of GTFO. To that end, the Draenei home of Exodar will be run by the Blood Elves and Silvermoon by the Draenei. Goodness only knows how this one will turn out, we don’t expect it will be popular. Although when the factions swap back at the end of the event, they’re really going to like what the other side did with the place. Who knew Silvermoon City was crying out for groups of blue crystals? Who’d have imagined the Exodar just needed a lick of gold paint to feel like a whole new place?
I have, for the past few weeks, entertained that there is merit to an optimistic reading of Teldrassil and Lordaeron. The full argument may be found here:

http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/show...1&postcount=61

The pessimist reading says that they meant what they said when they talked about continental domination. The joke itself is a joke, but the foundation upon which it rests appears to reinforce the continental domination direction.

Again, I appreciate that jokes are jokes, but I'll take the hints where I can find them.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Happy Easter Everyone.

April Fools jokes are of course, April Fools jokes, but I've always paid attention to them because they have often acted as tells for developer biases and priorities. For example the Bard joke all but killed suggestions for a bard class, and back when people were worrying about armory spying, Blizzard made its position rather clear with the tinfoil hat joke. So it is of course with this in mind that I look over the current ones and have spotted this:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...idays-for-2018

I have, for the past few weeks, entertained that there is merit to an optimistic reading of Teldrassil and Lordaeron. The full argument may be found here:

http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/show...1&postcount=61

The pessimist reading says that they meant what they said when they talked about continental domination. The joke itself is a joke, but the foundation upon which it rests appears to reinforce the continental domination direction.

Again, I appreciate that jokes are jokes, but I'll take the hints where I can find them.
You must be fun at parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:49 AM

Ranger

I'm pleased by Jaina getting called out for being disloyal to her father and really species until recently. Daelin was right on how Orcs shouldn't be trusted and how Orgrimmar needed investigation. Should the countries in the Allied Powers of WW2 trust a country founded by Adolf Hiter's successor?
Old 04-03-2018, 05:20 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofonix View Post
I'm pleased by Jaina getting called out for being disloyal to her father and really species until recently. Daelin was right on how Orcs shouldn't be trusted and how Orgrimmar needed investigation. Should the countries in the Allied Powers of WW2 trust a country founded by Adolf Hiter's successor?
Yes, this, but I have to say even if Daelin had been wrong, the entire thing would still be grating. He was her father. She stood aside and let him be killed. It's just... Off.

But then again, it fits with the idea that anyone that's not down for everyone holding hands and singing kumbaya is just a hate-filled monster that deserves to be put down.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Yes, this, but I have to say even if Daelin had been wrong, the entire thing would still be grating. He was her father. She stood aside and let him be killed. It's just... Off.

But then again, it fits with the idea that anyone that's not down for everyone holding hands and singing kumbaya is just a hate-filled monster that deserves to be put down.
I was not really bothered with Jaina siding with Thrall, but I was always upset that the Horde killed Daelin instead of capturing him. To me, that was proof that Daelin was right and the orcs had not changed. There was no mercy, no attempt to prove Daelin was wrong. Instead, they just killed him, while the Alliance had shown mercy to the orcs before.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:26 AM

Loremaster

The Horde did show mercy. They deliberately spared and avoided engaging Jaina's followers. I.e., the Alliance forces that weren't trying to wipe them out.

Orgimmar "needed Investigation?" What sort of braindead apologist nonsense is that? Daelin was trying to wipe out the new Horde, not "investigate" them. If he were trying to "investigate" them he'd have listened to Jaina's pleas to do exactly that, but he pulled out the Arthas excuse of "you weren't there to see it, so shut up as let me do what I want."

The Alliance showed mercy to those orcs who cease hostilities after the Second War, and killed the rest (that they could catch.) Daelin outright refused to hear anything about not wiping out the orcs, and he and his men refused to surrender to the bitter end. The Dragonmaw orcs did the same thing, continuing to resist even after the other clans had submitted to capture, and the Alliance eventually outright crushed them because of it.

All that said, most of WC3 showed that the orcs can change. WoW just refuses to let them because Blizzard has a raging hardon for maintaining this idiotic faction conflict despite it having to constantly be justified by the worst writing in the game.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The Horde did show mercy. They deliberately spared and avoided engaging Jaina's followers. I.e., the Alliance forces that weren't trying to wipe them out.
It's one thing to fight and defeat the enemy army, it's another to kill the commander. Sure, depending on circunstance, it can't be avoided, and the RTS game does not make it clear how the final fight was setup (thought it implies Horde heroes went to fight Daelin personally).

Alliance spared Doomhammer. Alliance also spared Garrosh. Alliance again will spare Saurfang. In all cases, the enemy commander did not surrender, they were captured despite their desire to die fighting.

Personally, I think that's something that separates barbarism from civilization. Leaving an enemy alive to face his crimes allows him to have a chance at redemption.

One of the best things in the SoO final cinematic was to see Thrall about to execute Garrosh, when Varian steps in and stops him. That showed so much about how Alliance and Horde are different.

When I played that map, I was hoping Thrall would capture Daelin, for Jaina. As a way to mirror Alliance capturing Doomhammer during the Second War. I thought it would be cool to have Daelin prisoner in Orgrimmar just like Orgrim was kept for a time in Lordaeron. When the Admiral was killed instead, I felt like the Horde had passed on the opportunity to show they were not barbaric anymore. Instead, killing him just made Daelin's words sound true.

Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

To me, his death proved him right. Being spared would prove him wrong.

When Garrosh came out and started to bring the Horde back to barbarism, I was actually expecting that to happen. Because the Horde was always barbaric to begin with and evolved all the way into civilized folk.

Last edited by Deicide; 04-03-2018 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Banished

Quote:
I
One of the best things in the SoO final cinematic was to see Thrall about to execute Garrosh, when Varian steps in and stops him. That showed so much about how Alliance and Horde are different.
he only stopped Thrall because he thought it was the Alliance right to execute Garry. Try to get a grip for once
Old 04-03-2018, 04:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Try to get a grip for once
I'm always amused by how much you hate me for no reason.

---------------------------------------

New build up. Some altered Broadcast Text hints at the kul tiran allied race, I think:

Quote:
To the west lies Drustvar, a mountainous region providing most of the kingdom's ore - and our toughest warriors.
Quote:
They say a knight of Waycrest fights with the strength of ten men! But lately we've heard troubling rumors of blighted lands and bloody witch hunts.
---------------------------------------

There's a new hippogryph mount. I want it!
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/720782.jpg

Last edited by Deicide; 04-03-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
There's a new hippogryph mount. I want it!
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/720782.jpg
That's a very night elven themed one (more so).

This and the forsaken gargoyle/bat thing in the previous build, and both are the races that lose their capital in BfA. Hm.

Also apparently the class lists for Dark Irons and Mag'har are out. Mag'har have priests. Monks too for some reason, which makes me all the more annoyed at Lightforged Draenei not having them.

Freaking alternate universe orcs get monks but Lightforged Draenei don't. Ugh.

edit: Class lists:

DI: Warrior, Hunter, mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock.
Mag'har: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Freaking alternate universe orcs get monks but Lightforged Draenei don't. Ugh.
Yeah, it annoys me to no end, specially since T'paartos does look kinda like a monk with his unnarmed fighting style.

Another mount: Dark Hound. The armor reminds me of Dark Iron Heritage armor.

New Dark Iron Mount? I liked the Core Hound more, if that's the case.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/720788.jpg

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft