Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-27-2010, 05:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag Black Dragonflight

Now we all know there purpose on Azeroth and with Cataclysm coming and the obvious destruction of Deathwing (Unless we just fight him back into hiding) bring these questions.

How will they go with the Black Flight because they have to exist as they were born to look after Azeroth's earth, mountains and preety much the whole terrain?

Do you think that Blizz will do a Blue Flight (Kalecgos not fighting the mortals with his flight and Malygos) and have a powerful Black Flight stay good with a small amount of Black Flight battling Deathwing for his seat (as he is trying to create the best Flight with experiments maybe it will anoy other Black Flight) becoming the Earth-Warder after Deathwings death?

Run
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM

Archer

Judging by how Blizzard handled the Malygos/Nexus War storyline, I would guess that when we (likely) kill Deathwing, we won't get much of an aftermath story regarding what the future of the Black Dragonflight will be.

I seriously think Blizz is having us kill Aspects for one reason and one reason only:

The Old Gods will be a tough nut to crack without protectors like the Dragon Aspects.

Deathwing = Insane, Killed (Soon)
Malygos = Insane, Killed
Nozdormu = (Likely) Insane, Going to be Killed (Likely)
Ysera = Corrupted, Going to be Killed (Likely)

Alexstrasza, hopefully wont face such a future... maybe...

My point is that Blizzard might be knocking these Aspects out because their presence gives less credence that a full scale war against the Old Gods is not going to be "easy".
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 AM

Glaive Thrower

Tome of Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles428 View Post
Judging by how Blizzard handled the Malygos/Nexus War storyline, I would guess that when we (likely) kill Deathwing, we won't get much of an aftermath story regarding what the future of the Black Dragonflight will be.

I seriously think Blizz is having us kill Aspects for one reason and one reason only:

The Old Gods will be a tough nut to crack without protectors like the Dragon Aspects.

Malygos = Insane, Killed

Alexstrasza, hopefully wont face such a future... maybe...

My point is that Blizzard might be knocking these Aspects out because their presence gives less credence that a full scale war against the Old Gods is not going to be "easy".

What NOO.That is not right

Deathwing = Insane, Killed (Soon)-yes

Malygos = Went insane then he went sane but we had to kill him(he was just doing his yob)

Nozdormu = (UNLikely) Insane(I think that he can't go insane, he was probably on a mission to save us from Deathwing) , Going to be Killed (UNLikely)Why he is the lord of time

Ysera = Corrupted, Going to be Killed (Naah I think that we will be saveing her from the Nightmare)

Alexstrasza Too sane ,too good helping us with Deathwing
The White Punch Card that drops in Gnomeregan for the Alliance quest Data Rescue has many lines of binary code printed on it. When decoded, it reads "Thrall and Jaina sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G",
Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Revenant - Moderator

No member of the black dragonflight is a good guy. They have forsaken their duties. They are all chaotic and use their earth powers to blow things up. Unless they make up a new mary sue character, no currently known member can fit this role.

I am, however, reminded of an odd fan fiction:

http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Xriscis/Ashwing

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM

Elune

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
No member of the black dragonflight is a good guy. They have forsaken their duties. They are all chaotic and use their earth powers to blow things up. Unless they make up a new mary sue character, no currently known member can fit this role.

I am, however, reminded of an odd fan fiction:

http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Xriscis/Ashwing
That may be correct but with the Black Flight they are all quite chaotic in general they were when they were good. When i meant there will be a Kalecgos like character for the Black Flight i meant one that was worried that Deathwing wants to replace the Black Flight with his experiments and/or want to overthrow him.

Run
Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

I highly doubt they'll just leave it at us killing Deathwing. The only reason the Malygos thing happened the way it did was them changing priorities and not seeing the story out to an ending.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
That may be correct but with the Black Flight they are all quite chaotic in general they were when they were good. When i meant there will be a Kalecgos like character for the Black Flight i meant one that was worried that Deathwing wants to replace the Black Flight with his experiments and/or want to overthrow him.
A member that is not "good", but is against Deathwing, and so with the players? That has potential, and is more likely.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Elune

Horde Flag

I really think that Nefarian is after his fathers role as we know he is not dead but in game the Black Flight say he failed on Azeroth and died.

I could see us fighting along with them at somepoint not as allies but to destroy a similar foe which would bring a aquard moment with the Orcs from the Horde and the Blackrock clan fighting together once more.

Although with the current leader at the time being Garrosh he wont know much of the Orcs history on Azeroth he has only been told what had happened by Thrall.

Run
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

If the Valithiria Dreamwalker fight in ICC goes over well I can definitely see them doing something similar for the Ysera fight. As for Nozdormu, I'm hoping that, if he really is the leader of the Infinites, that its an alternate timeline version of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles428 View Post
Insane and killed, sadly. The most awesome of Warcraft villains, imo. Sabellian (the guy in Blade's Edge that sends us against Gruul) or Serinar (the one in Obsidian Shrine) would make a nice replacement.

Quote:
Malygos = Insane, Killed
The poor guy got betrayed by his best friend, lost his wife and a vast majority of his kids - everyone would go insane from that. We kill him because he finally got his act together and was a bit extreme at doing his job - he was right, even Dalaran mages acknowledge this, but magic is power and people don't part from power that easily. Of course, there was also this minor inconveniance of Malygos' actions causing planetary instability...

Quote:
More likely corrupted. The interesting part is that the leader of Infinite doesn't share their corrupted form... My guess is that Nozdormu, realizing he can't win his ultimate fight, resorted to changing history in order to prevent the ultimate fight from happening at all. Who's to say he's not right?

Personally, I'd love to see Nozdormu proven right and we essentially killing him due to our past stupidity at stopping Infinites. Oops. Oh ye, Chromie as replacement?

Quote:
Killed of healed, who knows.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
If the Valithiria Dreamwalker fight in ICC goes over well I can definitely see them doing something similar for the Ysera fight. As for Nozdormu, I'm hoping that, if he really is the leader of the Infinites, that its an alternate timeline version of him
Why would an alternate timeline Nozdormu care about our timeline? Also, why would he pick this particular timeline to attack?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Nozdormu knows he is going to die at one point - the titans showed him so that he would not grow overconfident. He knows exactly how, when and why he is going to die, and that is why he has even proclaimed and heir as aspect.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think that there could still be "renegade" black dragons around. For example, what about a guardian in a far corner, that remained isolate from his flight and its corruption?

Also, I believe that the "earth" the black dragonflight looks for is no other than the elements. Ysera watches over nature/wilderness, and Neltharion watched over the elements.

This said, I could speculate Deathwing was the guardian of the Elemental Plane, the same way Ysera is of the Emerald Dream.

As for what their fate will be? I believe some of the blacks won't like the fact they are being replaced by weird purple dragons, and that they'll eventually turn against Deathwing. After Deathwing's defeat, the surviving black dragons would reunite and return to their duties; watching over the Elemental Plane? Although I think some could, I believe most of them will just go for plan D, J or whatever letter's turn is now, and try to rule the world one way or another.

It's interesting to think what could happen with those more liberal black dragons, that could return to the Elemental Plane to try recover their ancient glory from before their leader corrupted them.

As for the fate of the dragon aspects:

-Alexstrasza: she'll survive, although she and her flight will still have to face the enemies of the other dragonflights and help them endure. The reds are the "major" dragonflight now, having recovered from Grim Batol and having more experience with the mortal races than any other dragonflight.

-Deathwing: he'll die or, at least, be left out of combat for a looong time. When I imagine him "dying", I automatically focus my attention on his nature after his corruption: the need of plates for him not to simply melt and become a pile of magma. The blacks will separate into 2 groups: those wanting to continue his legacy and those wanting to return to their ancient duties.

-Malygos: dead, could return partially at some times as a spirit of magic or something, but will no longer be the leader of his flight. Kalecgos or Tyrigosa are the best options, options that will return the blues to their sanity, but returning them to their sense, too. They'll continue Malygos work, but in less "drastic" measures.

-Nozdormu: I don't think he'll die yet. He's trapped somewhere, or somewhen. As for the Infinite dragonflight, I believe it's leader is none othr than Nozdormu itself; in one of his multiple time stances. Whether this stance popped up by itself or Nozdormu summoned it as a kind of unstable weapon to fight a new unknown enemy, that I don't know. I wonder if the Infinites are his plan to defeat the Old Gods... a risky plan, considering they could defeat the bronzes, too.

-Ysera: she'll die. Her corruption will be too much for her body, and killing her will be the only solution. Of course, that doesn't mean she can't return as a spirit, too; but she won't be leading the greens anymore. As or who will replace her, I think it's too early to think. Due to the nature of the Emerald Dream, there could be other races involved around the fate of the plane.

And that's all my humble opinion.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Archer

If Blizzard does indeed allow us to kill Deathwing, to me, would feel kind of weird. I guess you could say the same about Arthas, but he is human, and we know that all humans have short lives....

But Deathwing!? I guess we will wait and see, I have a feeling we will end up killing him, I have a feeling the fight is going to be awesome.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephoni View Post
If Blizzard does indeed allow us to kill Deathwing, to me, would feel kind of weird. I guess you could say the same about Arthas, but he is human, and we know that all humans have short lives....

But Deathwing!? I guess we will wait and see, I have a feeling we will end up killing him, I have a feeling the fight is going to be awesome.
Xeph, please remove the "eternal salvation" link from your sig. We're more than happy to have you here for discussions on Warcraft, but advertising anything that has a for profit component (and considering most religious institutions have very wealthy fathers, pastors, imams, rabbi's, etc.) is strickly forbidden on the boards.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Xeph, please remove the "eternal salvation" link from your sig. We're more than happy to have you here for discussions on Warcraft, but advertising anything that has a for profit component (and considering most religious institutions have very wealthy fathers, pastors, imams, rabbi's, etc.) is strickly forbidden on the boards.
I suggest removing it by yourself, Cantus.

Also, use PMs for this >_<.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-31-2010, 11:17 PM

Arch-Druid

I just kinda laugh at the Black Dragon flight because their leader is obvously a fan of bling since he blinged himself out.

I now look at Deathwing as the homicadal Mr T of dragons.

I could really go on into sterotypical rants about deathwing but I think I'll use that for trade chat.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Elune

That actually goes back to the first real notable use of dragons in contemporary fiction: Smaug from The Hobbit.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 AM

Elune

Question

By the way, how did Vaelastrasz get corrupted by Nerfarian? I thought only something like the Emerald Dream, an old god, the Lich King, Medivh, etc. could do something that significant to a dragon.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
By the way, how did Vaelastrasz get corrupted by Nerfarian? I thought only something like the Emerald Dream, an old god, the Lich King, Medivh, etc. could do something that significant to a dragon.
Then you thought wrong. Nefarian, like his sister, is likely good at mind control, and overpowered Vael.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofootfury View Post
Then you thought wrong. Nefarian, like his sister, is likely good at mind control, and overpowered Vael.
Yes that is very likely...................or he simply experimented on him until Vael cracked.

As for the black dragons. I don't think there are any good ones, they are all malevolent and chaotic by nature. However there could be renergade Black Dragonflight that aren't good but are upset over what Deathwing is doing, so they choose to go against him.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
That actually goes back to the first real notable use of dragons in contemporary fiction: Smaug from The Hobbit.
Smaug the golden always makes me laugh.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
Smaug the golden always makes me laugh.
May I enquire as to why the last Great Dragon amuses you so?
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Elune

Well, using gold to armor yourself is like the most ridiculous shit ever, mostly. Sure it looks cool and it tells people that you have money to burn, but gold is soft as hell.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
Well, using gold to armor yourself is like the most ridiculous shit ever, mostly. Sure it looks cool and it tells people that you have money to burn, but gold is soft as hell.
He's got fucking hard ass dragon scales UNDER that gold. He doesn't need armor.