Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default Shadowmourne's story

Darion and his death knights intended to create some powerful weapon because they thought Ashbringer was not enough to defeat the Lich King.

These were the steps to create it.

First, find Arthas' former weapon Light's Vengeance] then reforge it with Saronite, made of the Old God's blood , with some acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, to forge Shadow's edge, an axe.

Then kill 1000 of Lich King's minions to fed this weapon. Infuse it with the power of unholy, blood and frost, with kill three bosses in ICC.

Collect 25 Shadowfrost Shards, which once was part of the Frozen Throne, ice from Twisting Nether.

Finally, use this to defeat the Lich King.

Nobody has finished this quest yet so we did not know what truly happened in the quest line. But we could see, all these stuff are evil except Arthas' hammer, are evil, from the weapon proc, it has the power to drain soul, just like Frostmourne. I remember Lich King will keep whisper through with its wielder, like Frostmourne.

* "The Light will abandon you, Hero, just as it did me."
* "Take them, Mortal. These souls will again be mine, soon enough."
* "Soon, Mortal, you too shall have a blade for a prison."
* "Remember, Hero, I too once sought a weapon of great power."
* "I see you too are gathering souls for your remnant. Are we really so different, Champion?"
* "*[Laugh]* Look at you Child, would be wielder of souls. You can not fathom the power that lies in my command."
* "Come to me, Pretender. Feed my blade!"
* "My challenges have strengthened you, Champion. You shall server me well. *[Laugh]*"
* "Never have I had cause to regret sparing your life, Mortal. Always, you find ways to amuse me."
* "The moment is soon at hand, Mortal. You shall toil for eternity, in a new Azeroth."
* "More souls. Yes, more! You will find it hard to stop."
* "The hunger your weapon feels is but a shade of what awaits. Do you want to see real hunger, real power? Continue onward, Hero. I am waiting."
* "You stumble upon in darkness. There's no Light here, no mercy. Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than You."
* "Your heart, it's incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own!"

From MMO

Even the offical background of it mentioned

"Only with these mighty components, it is said, can Shadowmourne be finished. And, yet, even if the axe could be completed, questions and fears remain. Is forging the souls of the deceased into a weapon treated with blood and the essence of the Twisting Nether truly any different from the crafting of the Scourge's runeblades? And who will be bold enough to try to wield such a weapon? Might Shadowmourne bring the same doom and misery to the living as its sister blade did."

Most importantly, in the ICC battle, we saw Frostmourne suffered defeat against Ashbringer, without Shadowmourne's help. Is it meanless to create such a weapon, at least unnecessary to kill the Lich King? Strangely I remember the Lich King mentioned about this weapon during ICC raids, but seems completely forgot it during ICC battler, he said nothing in the soundfile.

There also was a diaolgue between Darion and his father in the Frostmourne but has not shown in the game yet. Maybe it has something to do with the weapon, while the whole diaolgue did not even mention Shadowmourne.

The whisper of the Lich King in the video sounds like Arthas, not the new Lich King Bolvar, so it's not sure about does Lich King whisper to you after Arthas' fall. Darion said you withstood Lich King's torment.

Maybe it has something to do with Frostmourne or Ashbringer. Maybe its evil will contiune to corrupt the wielder, which must be a great hero since he could finish such task. Maybe it's not related to the lore anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2010, 05:42 AM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Darion and his death knights intended to create some powerful weapon because they thought Ashbringer was not enough to defeat the Lich King.

These were the steps to create it.

First, find Arthas' former weapon Light's Vengeance] then reforge it with Saronite, made of the Old God's blood , with some acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, to forge Shadow's edge, an axe.

Then kill 1000 of Lich King's minions to fed this weapon. Infuse it with the power of unholy, blood and frost, with kill three bosses in ICC.

Collect 25 Shadowfrost Shards, which once was part of the Frozen Throne, ice from Twisting Nether.

Finally, use this to defeat the Lich King.

Nobody has finished this quest yet so we did not know what truly happened in the quest line. But we could see, all these stuff are evil except Arthas' hammer, are evil, from the weapon proc, it has the power to drain soul, just like Frostmourne. I remember Lich King will keep whisper through with its wielder, like Frostmourne.

* "The Light will abandon you, Hero, just as it did me."
* "Take them, Mortal. These souls will again be mine, soon enough."
* "Soon, Mortal, you too shall have a blade for a prison."
* "Remember, Hero, I too once sought a weapon of great power."
* "I see you too are gathering souls for your remnant. Are we really so different, Champion?"
* "*[Laugh]* Look at you Child, would be wielder of souls. You can not fathom the power that lies in my command."
* "Come to me, Pretender. Feed my blade!"
* "My challenges have strengthened you, Champion. You shall server me well. *[Laugh]*"
* "Never have I had cause to regret sparing your life, Mortal. Always, you find ways to amuse me."
* "The moment is soon at hand, Mortal. You shall toil for eternity, in a new Azeroth."
* "More souls. Yes, more! You will find it hard to stop."
* "The hunger your weapon feels is but a shade of what awaits. Do you want to see real hunger, real power? Continue onward, Hero. I am waiting."
* "You stumble upon in darkness. There's no Light here, no mercy. Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than You."
* "Your heart, it's incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own!"

From MMO

Even the offical background of it mentioned

"Only with these mighty components, it is said, can Shadowmourne be finished. And, yet, even if the axe could be completed, questions and fears remain. Is forging the souls of the deceased into a weapon treated with blood and the essence of the Twisting Nether truly any different from the crafting of the Scourge's runeblades? And who will be bold enough to try to wield such a weapon? Might Shadowmourne bring the same doom and misery to the living as its sister blade did."

Most importantly, in the ICC battle, we saw Frostmourne suffered defeat against Ashbringer, without Shadowmourne's help. Is it meanless to create such a weapon, at least unnecessary to kill the Lich King? Strangely I remember the Lich King mentioned about this weapon during ICC raids, but seems completely forgot it during ICC battler, he said nothing in the soundfile.

There also was a diaolgue between Darion and his father in the Frostmourne but has not shown in the game yet. Maybe it has something to do with the weapon, while the whole diaolgue did not even mention Shadowmourne.

The whisper of the Lich King in the video sounds like Arthas, not the new Lich King Bolvar, so it's not sure about does Lich King whisper to you after Arthas' fall. Darion said you withstood Lich King's torment.

Maybe it has something to do with Frostmourne or Ashbringer. Maybe its evil will contiune to corrupt the wielder, which must be a great hero since he could finish such task. Maybe it's not related to the lore anymore.
Or, maybe, if someone has Shadowmourne in the raid things happen differently, and Arthas reacts.

We know Blizz can do that, Aran says things if a player had Atiesh. Just a thought.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Ethanos Ethanos is offline

Huntress
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Darion and his death knights intended to create some powerful weapon because they thought Ashbringer was not enough to defeat the Lich King.

These were the steps to create it.

First, find Arthas' former weapon Light's Vengeance] then reforge it with Saronite, made of the Old God's blood , with some acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, to forge Shadow's edge, an axe.

Then kill 1000 of Lich King's minions to fed this weapon. Infuse it with the power of unholy, blood and frost, with kill three bosses in ICC.

Collect 25 Shadowfrost Shards, which once was part of the Frozen Throne, ice from Twisting Nether.

Finally, use this to defeat the Lich King.

Nobody has finished this quest yet so we did not know what truly happened in the quest line. But we could see, all these stuff are evil except Arthas' hammer, are evil, from the weapon proc, it has the power to drain soul, just like Frostmourne. I remember Lich King will keep whisper through with its wielder, like Frostmourne.

* "The Light will abandon you, Hero, just as it did me."
* "Take them, Mortal. These souls will again be mine, soon enough."
* "Soon, Mortal, you too shall have a blade for a prison."
* "Remember, Hero, I too once sought a weapon of great power."
* "I see you too are gathering souls for your remnant. Are we really so different, Champion?"
* "*[Laugh]* Look at you Child, would be wielder of souls. You can not fathom the power that lies in my command."
* "Come to me, Pretender. Feed my blade!"
* "My challenges have strengthened you, Champion. You shall server me well. *[Laugh]*"
* "Never have I had cause to regret sparing your life, Mortal. Always, you find ways to amuse me."
* "The moment is soon at hand, Mortal. You shall toil for eternity, in a new Azeroth."
* "More souls. Yes, more! You will find it hard to stop."
* "The hunger your weapon feels is but a shade of what awaits. Do you want to see real hunger, real power? Continue onward, Hero. I am waiting."
* "You stumble upon in darkness. There's no Light here, no mercy. Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than You."
* "Your heart, it's incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own!"

From MMO

Even the offical background of it mentioned

"Only with these mighty components, it is said, can Shadowmourne be finished. And, yet, even if the axe could be completed, questions and fears remain. Is forging the souls of the deceased into a weapon treated with blood and the essence of the Twisting Nether truly any different from the crafting of the Scourge's runeblades? And who will be bold enough to try to wield such a weapon? Might Shadowmourne bring the same doom and misery to the living as its sister blade did."

Most importantly, in the ICC battle, we saw Frostmourne suffered defeat against Ashbringer, without Shadowmourne's help. Is it meanless to create such a weapon, at least unnecessary to kill the Lich King? Strangely I remember the Lich King mentioned about this weapon during ICC raids, but seems completely forgot it during ICC battler, he said nothing in the soundfile.

There also was a diaolgue between Darion and his father in the Frostmourne but has not shown in the game yet. Maybe it has something to do with the weapon, while the whole diaolgue did not even mention Shadowmourne.

The whisper of the Lich King in the video sounds like Arthas, not the new Lich King Bolvar, so it's not sure about does Lich King whisper to you after Arthas' fall. Darion said you withstood Lich King's torment.

Maybe it has something to do with Frostmourne or Ashbringer. Maybe its evil will contiune to corrupt the wielder, which must be a great hero since he could finish such task. Maybe it's not related to the lore anymore.
Darion and Alexandros dialogue takes place upon the completion of Shadowmourne questline. The sword does not and will not appear in Lich King fight.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Ded Chikn Ded Chikn is offline

Elune
Ded Chikn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Marylan- *gunshot*
Posts: 6,315
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
We know Blizz can do that, Aran says things if a player had Atiesh. Just a thought.
That actually caught us off guard when it happened.
__________________
"Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanos View Post
Darion and Alexandros dialogue takes place upon the completion of Shadowmourne questline. The sword does not and will not appear in Lich King fight.
And who's to say that you won't use Shadowmourne to kill the Lich King? Considering the next quest is to use it to kill him...

I bet you, that it'll have a special event. Mark my words.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Ethanos Ethanos is offline

Huntress
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingGod View Post
And who's to say that you won't use Shadowmourne to kill the Lich King? Considering the next quest is to use it to kill him...

I bet you, that it'll have a special event. Mark my words.

Well, it's possible but I highly doubt it. The Lich King fight we have all seen is the only version there is. And sound files for Darion-Alexandros talk are called "Comp303" as far as I know (short for complete) and other steps for Shadowmourne questline were called "Comp301" and "Comp302". So far nobody has completed this quest so we don't know exactly in what circumstances Alexandros will appear. We'll have to wait a little bit more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.