Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Its also possible to have visions of the future that are incorrect, or to only see small visions (as the ones that were shared with Arthas were). Look at Velen for example. He might see a glimpse into the future, but that doesn’t mean he knows every single detail of everything that’s going to happen ever.
This is why I believe that a vision of the future is always shaped by individual's interpretation. In our case, Arthas could see Frostmourne clash with Ashbringer, but since Ashbringer was already corrupted, this fact influenced Arthas' vision and has shown him Ashbringer as corrupted. It would also explain why Farseers weren't able to forsee demonic corruption - simply because they had no concept of knowledge about it.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 AM

Elune

Question

Why did Arthas even think something corrupted would clash with Frostmourne by the way? Corrupted versus corrupted?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Why did Arthas even think something corrupted would clash with Frostmourne by the way? Corrupted versus corrupted?
I think, it's not happened YET. It's something happened in the future like Arthas saw something beneath the sea and nightmare.
Arthas should not have any idea about Ashbringer since he's already alseep when Ashbringer emerged.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think, it's not happened YET. It's something happened in the future like Arthas saw something beneath the sea and nightmare.
Arthas should not have any idea about Ashbringer since he's already alseep when Ashbringer emerged.
That would mean Ashbringer has to be corrupted again plus Frostmourne forged again.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I HIGHLY doubt that the Lich King can ever be trully asleep. I mean, when we first met Naxx back at level 60, he was clearly speaking with Kel'Thuzad. Even when Bolvar gets frozen, he still speaks to Tirion. It is likely that he was aware of events around him, but simply didn't act personally due to his inner struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
A champion that would want to claim his position?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 AM

Elune

As promised more screenies of the statue, it's in the very center of Dalaran, where the fountain used to be. Hope this gives everyone a clear idea of the whole thing. Just a few clarifications: the whole statue is made of gold, so I don't see a problem if Frostmourne (real or replica) was "coated" in gold as well. No, Frostmourne doesn't look too big if we take into consideration that it was scaled up to match Arthas' size. The central statue is Tirion in his paladin armor holding the Ashbringer up high. The other 4 statues are of Bolvar and Saurfang junior (1 on each side for each character). There's a plaque on each side reading "Dedication of Honor", when you click on it the sign reads "Dedicated to those that fell to the Scourge during the war in the frozen wastes." further implying that the Saurfang depicted in the statue is the son, not the father. After you click it, you're able to see the Dedication only for a fracture of a second, after which the cinematic will play (yes now practically everyone on the server can watch the cinematic in-game, regardless whether they have even set foot in Icecrown Citadel or not).

Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 AM

Elune

Gracias Amigo! Thanks alot for bothering with this. : )
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
A champion that would want to claim his position?
I was assuming that whoever had the corrupted version would be under the Lich King's control still. They did use a cleansed one after all against the Lich King during the confrontation.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:04 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

That's a great set of screenshots Gortrash.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Great screenshots, Gortrash.

So, that's where the fountain was supposed to be, nope?

Poor fountain xDDD.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-09-2010, 04:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Yay Bolvar!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Great screenshots, Gortrash.

So, that's where the fountain was supposed to be, nope?

Poor fountain xDDD.
I still see some water though.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm a little confused as to the identity of the other two statues. Is it just two sets of Bolvar and Dranosh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 AM

Dryad

I wanted to say that the clash between the corrupted ashbringer and Frostmourne happened when Darion attacked him, before handing the sword to Tirion.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 AM

Treant

PvP Symbol - Horde statue

So once a group kills the Lich King 10/25 that statue apperas in dal. Does it matter 10/25 and how long does it take for the statue too appear?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
I'm a little confused as to the identity of the other two statues. Is it just two sets of Bolvar and Dranosh?
What's to be confused about? If you've read my explanation, you would know there's 1 Bolvar and 1 Draenosh statue on each side = 2 Bolvars, 2 Draenoshes = 4 statues in total + the Tirion statue in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
So once a group kills the Lich King 10/25 that statue apperas in dal. Does it matter 10/25 and how long does it take for the statue too appear?

Regardless of the difficulty. I don't know how long it takes to appear, when I arrived it was already there.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
What's to be confused about? If you've read my explanation, you would know there's 1 Bolvar and 1 Draenosh statue on each side = 2 Bolvars, 2 Draenoshes = 4 statues in total + the Tirion statue in the middle.
They probably just represent the alliance and the horde. As usual the horde is only orcs and the alliance only humans.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrantis View Post
They probably just represent the alliance and the horde. As usual the horde is only orcs and the alliance only humans.

Yeah, because we all want the center cluttered with not 5, but ten statues, representing every race in the game so that all the fan boys don't feel left out. Maybe they should have added twenty statues; one of each race and one for each gender of that race. OR they could have added a statue for every class, every race, both genders. Or one for every race/class/gender combo!

Just accept that when someone thinks Alliance, their minds go to humans, and Horde it goes to orcs.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
What's to be confused about?
Sorry, I had missed your description somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Yeah, because we all want the center cluttered with not 5, but ten statues, representing every race in the game so that all the fan boys don't feel left out. Maybe they should have added twenty statues; one of each race and one for each gender of that race. OR they could have added a statue for every class, every race, both genders. Or one for every race/class/gender combo!

Just accept that when someone thinks Alliance, their minds go to humans, and Horde it goes to orcs.
Yeah, but they do it all the time. Gets annoyingish.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
Sorry, I had missed your description somehow.
I know its opp-topic, but just gotta say this...LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE XD
Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrantis View Post
I don't think that's the case. In WoW, more often than not, statues are erected after prominent individuals rather than groups of people. Look at Kael's statues in Silvermoon, Andonidas' memorial site in Dalaran, the statues in the Scarlet Monastery and all the statues in Stormwind, they all have been erected in honor of certain individuals. Now, if the Alliance lost a human hero and there's a human statue in Dalaran, and the Horde lost an orc hero and there's an orc statue in Dalaran, I don't see why those statues should represent any random fallen Horde and Alliance soldier, instead of the corresponding heroes.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Slowpokeking

Is Dalaran still part of the Alliance? I always feel awful because they become neutral.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Is Dalaran still part of the Alliance? I always feel awful because they become neutral.
What does this have to do with anything??? You could have at least mark it as an off-topic...
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenvor View Post
Well when Frostmourne was broken by Tirion it apparantly released all the souls that were trapped in it. If you go by the logic that once it's broken it can no longer hold/steal souls, I'd assume it's pretty much nullified by this point... that's not to say that it isn't an evil blade though. Some remnant of whatever entity was within the blade may still exist but I doubt they'd put the real sword there if Tirion had any doubts that it wasn't safe... It very well may just be part of the statue, though, that begs the question: What did they do with the real Frostmourne? Just leave it there? And for that matter, what about Arthas' body? It'd be pretty stupid to have just left it there... I mean if Bolvar ever cracks up and goes evil he'd have Arthas' body to raise as his first Scourge Commander.
I would agree with the first part. Then you seem to contradict yourself, and you lost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Because a broken Frostmourne would be symbolic of the Lich King's defeat, but its an inherently bad idea to put an evil weapon on display.
Its powers might be spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Anyways, that's not Frostmourne. The colors are wrong, and it looks much bigger than Frostmourne ever was
Like ScytheRexx guessed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
though that might just be the light playing tricks on it.
And I already guessed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
the whole thing may not be to scale, and just be made [so players] can see it.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.