Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Default Racial Lore-developments Wishlist Thread

Are there any developments you wish to happen for your (favourite) races and factions in future expansions/games/books?

If so, feel free to posts them here.

This thread is brought to you by Yaskaleh.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:39 AM

Elune

Let me get the first 26 pages out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale
Worgen must be more savage and more gilnean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar
Humans must retake Lordaeron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly
Orcs orcs orcs! Not trolls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath
Draenei must become more warlike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad
Pika-pikachu! Pikaaaaa! Also, blood elves kawaii no des
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM
*insert wisdom here*

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

You butchered a language just now...
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM

Elune

Am I still allowed to post here or is my input not needed?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You butchered a language just now...
I assumed Pajama didn't speak japanese. Also, forgot one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid
Mo' dwarves!

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:45 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Am I still allowed to post here or is my input not needed?
Go ahead, that's what this thread are meant for. within reason. Ignore Ramses.
And thanks Sempai <3.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Elune

Would ARM be the guy at the end of every episode that explains the entire plot to everyone?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:51 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Humans need to assimilate every race on Azeroth and make it a fully human world.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:56 AM

Elune

Quality writing with nuance and no asspulls.

Thank you.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Let me get the first 26 pages out of the way.
You missed some like Sky and Rotal.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Elune

Dwarves need more Titan tech and steam tanks. The the Eagle Steam tanks, the ones with wolves in Alterac Valley too. And add Lion, Tiger and Ram steam tanks too.

That's what id like for the future of the Dwarves.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

They've squandered so many opportunities that I don't know what they could do to fix it at this point.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:45 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They've squandered so many opportunities that I don't know what they could do to fix it at this point.
Start with little steps.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Start with little steps.
Whatever I had in mind for WoD is a little step that I'm not counting on the devs to actually do at this point in time. We'll see when beta starts progressing.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Elune

Thread's over, everyone go home.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:59 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Whatever I had in mind for WoD is a little step that I'm not counting on the devs to actually do at this point in time. We'll see when beta starts progressing.
That's why it's a wishlist.

I'll start then with my wishlist for WoD:

Dwarves:

I want the dwarves to become more involved without being the sidekicks of Stormwind. For example, a wildhammer brigade lead by Kurdran Wildhammer going into AU Draenor, accompanied by Ironforge soldiers and a few Dark irons. The different dwarven tribes should be distinct so that you can easily spot when it's a Dark iron, a Bronzebeard or a Wildhammer.

High elves:
I want them as a small presence through the Kirin Tor. Khadgar brings several archmagi along with him, some of them High elves. Would be interesting to see an interaction between them and the draenei magi from before their genocide. If something like the SI:7 or similar are utilized I want to see some High elves among them.

Draenei:
I want the MU Draenei to gain something from the AU Draenei. Otherwise it'd actually not be any Draenei development that matters. Would be great to see many of the AU Draenei that have no living counterpart in the MU to come over to the MU.

Worgen:
worgen should be used as shock troops against the Iron Horde. A 100% Gilnean base somewhere important would be a treat to see. Any covert ops should have Worgen among their operatives.

Humans:
As few humans as possible. They already had all of MoP.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Everyone should be RL humans, only with bodypaint, rubber body parts, physical deformity, and/or a fur suit.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Elune

Make the UVG non-canon and have Varian lose his Lo'gosh uberness. Have Worgen build their own district in Stormwind and setup proper shop in Duskwood. Put elite 7th Legion and GLF guards in Gilneas if the shitty UVG that claims Gilneas is just abandoned is non-canon.

Make Tess a better character instead of a do-nothing. She is next heir of Gilneas and they've done nothing to give her proper leadership cred that I am aware of.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:12 PM

World Builder

Runes

Orcs: Get their shit together, find their balance like they were supposed to be doing after WC3.

Darkspear Trolls: Bring in other troll tribes, but also get some unique darkspear magic/architecture/tech going on.

Tauren: New Architecture that's not tents I mean seriously they're not nomads anymore. Also LESS PEACEFUL PANSIES.

Forsaken: Less overtly evil, better at hiding their evil, and less dwelling on "oh poor us the scourge and alliance were mean to us" more innovation and pragmatism.

Goblins: Just... get Gallywix into the game and give us some Cartel politics. Also some more Blackfuse style or similarly awesome tech from someone we don't kill would be great.

Blood Elves: More Blood, less light.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-17-2013, 01:25 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Eimi#1918

As a human fan...

Varian needs to lose the whole Wolf god Lo'gosh supermensch bullshit in his story and hard. It turns him from a kind of Conan-esque brusque warrior king into this...such Marty Stu abomination. Also if they would bring back Battle for Undercity Varian it'd be wonderful.

As for Stormwind I want them to be supportive of the Alliance efforts, so you would see human soldiers pretty much everywhere, but not leading. As in human auxiliaries fighting in Ashenvale or Gilneas, but under the command of Shandris or Ivar or whoever. Just sort of play up humans are the ones that cement the Alliance together, but keep that in the background rather than being the Wrynn dynasty show. As well...I'd love for Stormwind to have some kind of developed culture. I don't know what that would be, but compare SW to Gilneas or Kul Tiras or Stromgarde and it's just bland. Hell play up the religious fanatic part, give us more inquisitors and paladins.

Reclaim Stromgarde and Gilneas fully, and make efforts to take back Lordaeron. Varian not making the effort, even if it fails horribly and tragically, makes him into a douchebag.

Ideally how this would happen is the fallen prince Galen. As my favorite plot point is DEATH TO SYLVANAS, and Galen's incredible loyalty either makes no sense, shows that Sylvanas really just uses mind control (and hence destroys the Free Will being a big deal to the Forsaken), or is him buying time, I'd go with the later. Have Galen take over Stromgarde, fortify it, fill it with undead loyal to him, while secretly killing off those loyal to Sylvanas and blaming it on the Alliance. This would draw out Nathanos Blightcaller leading an army, which Galen assumes command of, leading to Nathanos's 'unfortunante' death. Meanwhile Galen is giving information to the Alliance, and a big army assembles in Arathi, leading to a climatic finale, where Sylvanas arrives, only to find her army trapped between the anvil of Stromgarde and the hammer of the Alliance. Galen finishes her off, of course utterly, "Do you think I had forgotten?! Do you think I had forgiven?!", as he tosses her corpse off the battlements of Stromgarde. Galen then uses his position to negotiate a reason for the Forsaken Kingdom to exist, while the Alliance gets Stromgarde. And Sylvanas is dead.

Oh and someone please find Kul Tiras again. I miss them.

Quote:
"Do they not know who we are, my brethren? We are the chosen of the Emperor, the scions of Terra. We are dominion and we are numberless. We are war itself and the death of all who oppose us. We are Humanity and we shall educate our ignorant foes as to the true meaning of that word!"
--Lord Inquisitor Aedrick Mantel of the Ordo Xenos
Old 11-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Ranger

Mana

I'm gonna do this on the Quel'Thalas Blood elves:

The Western half of Silvermoon should be restored and the wall separating the two halves should be removed. It's pretty obvious the reason why the wall exists at all if because Blizzard is either lazy or stupid. The western half should become a park to commemorate the fallen with statues and memorials. This could also be a way to say that the Reliquary don't want the children of Silvermoon to forget where they come from. It'd actually be good if the Reliquary base was moved here. A secondary function is to have an area for the other Horde races to set up shot in Silvermoon similar to what's already in Orgrimmar. If Blizzard decides to that route this could also be where the High Elves have their Embassy in Silvermoon.

There should be a new North portion of Silvermoon that is mainly just a giant port from which Silvermoon's Navy is stationed. There would also be a constant ferry here allowing people to travel to the Isle of Quel'Danas. A Zepplin tower could also be here allowing transportation to and from the Undercity. This set up also allows Sunfury Spire to be in the centre of a three-way split of the city.

The Isle of Quel'Danas should be completely restored so it can now function as the new starting area of the Blood elves. The quests here would be focusing on rebuilding, clean up against the Naga, going to the Sunwell for a blessing, helping Wretched regain control of themselves from their addiction with the new Sunwell, and setting up runestones to protect against demonic and other forms of incursion originating in the Twisting Nether. A questline know as Purging the Scar should start here that has players removing the scar from Quel'Thalas. Screw it being permanent; with the new Arcane/Holy Sunwell, Druids & Shamans from the Horde, and the Scourge neutered the Scar shouldn't be a problem anymore. The questline will finish down in Deatholme at level 20ish.

Ghostlands should be renamed to Tranquil Forest as it'll no longer be dead; this name would originate from it's capital Tranquillen. It'll be underpopulated but not dead. Much of the Tranquil Forest (Ghostlands) should have new life brought to them from the restoration effort except for the area closest to Deatholme, Zul'Aman, and near the border with the Eastern Plaguelands. This would generally be everything in the southern most portion of the zone. The focus of the zone should most be clean up from the Scourge, fighting Naga or Amani and whatever new threat is running about.

Throughout all of the questing players should be working alongside Lor'themar on and off so new players know who their racial leader is. A secondary character of focus should be Rommath (Mage/Warlock), Halduron (Hunter/Rogue/Warrior) and Liadrin (Priest/Paladin) based off what a player's class is. I'm not really sure what to do with Death Knights, Monks, Druids or Shamans who are questing through the area though I suppose they could get High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher.

With the zones out of the way I'll now focus on characters.

Lor'themar should suck it up and declare himself Lord and Master of Quel'Thalas. I can understand him not wanting to use the title King in honour of Anasterian but he needs to remove Regent from his name and stop pretending he's a seat warmer. With this out of the way he can start establishing a new dynasty to run the country. If I'm remembering correctly Lor'themar and Liadrin were suppose to get married, well it's time we rush that through so the dynasty can continue after Lor'themar's death. The Sunfury should be Lor'themar's version of the Kor'kron or SI:7. New lore should be thrown to them in stating that these blood elves (formally High elves) have always served dutifully in protecting the crown and leadership of Quel'Thalas as well as the Sunwell. They would answer only to the Crown.

Lady Liadrin should get off the Naaru binge and align herself to a more neutral point of view so that she doesn't alienate the Blood Knights who enjoyed the fact that the Blood elves were forcefully taking the Light while simultaneously acknowledging that the blood elves are evolving and moving in a less forceful path. Plus she's needs to marry Lor'themar. Salandria, until Lor'themar's child is born, would be the heir to the crown.

Voren'thal and the Scryers need to align themselves with Silvermoon (not necessarily the Horde) much like how the Aldor have with the Draenei and the Alliance.

Nothing much needs to happen with Rommath, Halduron, Tae'thelan, or Aethas. Just don't kill them off. In fact the best thing to do with them is to have these four, Voren'thal, Liadrin and Lor'themar all be apart of the new Convocation of Silvermoon.

I'm not sure about the High elves but I do think it'd be interesting if the Blood elves started a PR campaign against Dalaran to convert as many High elves to their side as possible in order to deny Dalaran a strong elven base. A nice covert war against Vaneesa and Jaina would be a nice touch, especially if it's lead by the Sunfury in order to deny elven magic from Dalaran. Of course there would probably be something similar from the Silver Covenant.

Outside of this stuff I'm still conflicted on what else can be done to further push the Blood elves forward. Maybe start using that Mogu magic, relics and Anima through their territory to further supplement themselves.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Dwarves need more Titan tech and steam tanks. The the Eagle Steam tanks, the ones with wolves in Alterac Valley too. And add Lion, Tiger and Ram steam tanks too.

That's what id like for the future of the Dwarves.
Drop the tiger tank which doesn't make any sense for bear tank and it would be good.

Ijffdrie, my gimmick is the greatest of them all! Why was I not included in your preemptive thread summary?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM

The Digger

Refresh my memory, how long have steam tanks existed in lore?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Refresh my memory, how long have steam tanks existed in lore?
my main Gnome Mechatorqkke invented them right?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:17 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
my main Gnome Mechatorqkke invented them right?
Siege engines. No idea about the steam tanks.

That said, steam tanks are also said to be a recent invention, in WC III.

Last edited by Nazja; 11-17-2013 at 05:20 PM..

Tags
crushed dreams, everybody go home, fanwank, gnome supremacy, high elf menopause, hyjal kids hyjal wives