Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

Not having hear the three songs yet, I'll say that they're Yaska's.

That said, isn't MCA a darkie?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,175

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
That said, isn't MCA a darkie?
That's racist.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Man, I'm not even making ANY guesses until after I've listened to the entire playlist.

Don't expect to hear any answers from me until morning.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,175

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I think I've fond Ma Caque's set and technically I have one guess left, so I'll go with one of his being Human by The Pretenders.

I'm basically just randomly assigning sets.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,036

Orb of Lightning

My fourth guess will be that killer monkey's theme is the word 'human.'
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,175

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
My fourth guess will be that killer monkey's theme is the word 'human.'
Whoa, whoa, wait, you can do that? I thought you had to just pick songs.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

"There is a bonus point for guessing the word connecting a person's songs. This is a guess like any other and costs you one of your 4 daily guesses."
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:49 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,103

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Not having hear the three songs yet, I'll say that they're Yaska's.

That said, isn't MCA a darkie?
I'll generally refrain from telling which guess is right or wrong until the reset but Nazja has scored first blood and that is noteworthy. Not surprising but I honestly hoped it would be someone else

Would you care to guess which keyword links those three songs?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I'll generally refrain from telling which guess is right or wrong until the reset but Nazja has scored first blood and that is noteworthy. Not surprising but I honestly hoped it would be someone else

Would you care to guess which keyword links those three songs?
Dark, before Nancy snatches it!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,036

Orb of Lightning

Everyone knows mods cheat anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,175

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Yes, this game is clearly rigged.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Alright, I know I said I'd wait until I'd listen to all of them, but I've got a guess and a theme.

I posit the following songs were submitted by the same poster:

Pet Shop Boys - The Ghost of Myself
System of a Down - Question!
Radiohead - You and Whose Army?

The common theme and/or word? The word ghost

But I'm genuinely not sure who submitted them, and it's buggin' me. But in the spirit of actually providing a guess, I think it might be Torch.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,446

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

Hmm I'm getting close to identifying all of the remaining trilogies - the only problem now is associating the three with any particular poster. Expect a wall of carefully-constructed guesses soon!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,331
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Nothing to see here.
__________________

Last edited by Krainz; 05-17-2017 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Hey now, Sarah, four guesses a day.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-16-2017, 10:01 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,446

Undead Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Hey now, Sarah, four guesses a day.
What, really? D: All my fruitful work is for nought. Here is a censored version then:

Eric Clapton - Cocaine
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
THEME: Drugs
POSTER: Aneurysm

Five Finger Death Punch - Jekyll and Hyde
Vampire Music - Vampire Wings
Skillet - Monster
THEME: Monsters
POSTER: Malygos

Magicka OST - Battle the Count
Starcraft OST - Terran Theme
The Witcher OST - Dettlaff's Grief
THEME: Videogames
POSTER: Torch

Marillion - Go!
Joe Esposito - You're the Best Around
Rival Sons - Pressure and Time
THEME: Male motivation
POSTER: Kakwakas
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-16-2017, 11:42 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,103

Default

@Sarah, not sure what you mean by censuring yourself. Those guesses are intentionally wrong? (Not saying that they are, just how I understood that.)

I am of the mind to discount them so far as not your legit guesses. But in the future if someone makes more than four guesses a day I will only count the first four so be sure to pick wisely guys.

Anyhow reveals will be around 6PM today, a bit earlier but you know, life. Get your guesses in by then and after the reveals a new batch of guesses can be made.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
@Sarah, not sure what you mean by censuring yourself. Those guesses are intentionally wrong? (Not saying that they are, just how I understood that.)

I am of the mind to discount them so far as not your legit guesses. But in the future if someone makes more than four guesses a day I will only count the first four so be sure to pick wisely guys.

Anyhow reveals will be around 6PM today, a bit earlier but you know, life. Get your guesses in by then and after the reveals a new batch of guesses can be made.
Censored because she had originally made more than four guesses. That post has now been deleted.

Alao, thanks, Krainz and Shaman, all your hard work will be to my benefit. (Once I get my next batch of guesses.)

Edit:
As in: "Once they're proven wrong, I'll guess the same posts and themes for other posters." (Legit)
Not as in: "You guessed too many times, so I'll copy your guesses and steal them." (Scummy)

Last edited by Nazja; 05-17-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-17-2017, 03:13 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,103

Default

There is some fundamental misunderstanding going on here. Four guesses include songs or a keyword. I.E. you can guess all songs from one person (3) and their keyword (1), or four songs from four different people or four keywords from four different people, or anything between those extremes. Not four people with all their songs and keywords which makes 16 guesses. I am kind of confused how you guys got spun around like that but I guess I didn't strictly define what makes a guess so your mistake is not entirely unreasonable.

Now that this has been cleared up, Sarah and Krainz, I will only count your top four guesses.

EDIT: Though provided no one denies your guesses in the mean time I am okay with you two picking your four favourite guesses and I will count those.

EDIT2: This means I actually have to forbid posters revealing their own guessed songs. Not just for Krainz and Sarah's benefit but also because otherwise late guessers have a leg up since they have more information than early guessers. For example if Kakwa denies some song as his the guesser who waited can use that info to make a better guess. This system mean there is still an advantage to being the first to see my reveals on reset but since I try to announce the reset as precisely as I can that advantage is minimized as everyone can try and be here on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Yes, this game is clearly rigged.
I think you're joking but even so I find the joke in bad taste. I take the fairness of this competition very seriously.

EDIT3: It is hard work making all this work as intended, be fair and fun.

There is a reason I picked four guesses, since that means you can guess one person entirely or you can strategize and guess four different people in hope of tagging one and then guessing them fully in the next batch of guesses using the keyword you suspect they used. It is kind of like Battleship. And I am sure there are other strategies you could think up too.

I am trying hard and I hope you guys have fun. I honestly kind of envy you, I'd love to play and winning a unique rank and icon would be an awesome bonus since I hate being stuck as Elune forever.

Last edited by C9H20; 05-17-2017 at 03:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-17-2017, 03:23 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,274

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
THEME: Drugs
POSTER: Aneurysm
>that moment when you realize you've pushed the hippie junkie image too far, and people assume everything you do has to do with drugs.


I'm at work right now and can't really listen to the playlist, and after work I'm going to go watch the new Alien-movie, but I'll hopefully have a few guesses to toss out sometime later tonight (and by then people might've given some of their songs away ((or rather which ones aren't theirs)) unknowingly through their guesswork).
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

I thought there was a misunderstanding, but since I'm also playing and wasn't completely sure, I wasn't sure whether I should say anything.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,036

Orb of Lightning

Cheaters everywhere. For shame.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,829

Default

But the second round hasn't started yet, Kellick!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
But the second round hasn't started yet, Kellick!
Woopsie daisy. I got the part of the rules as the guesses resetting daily, but missed the bit about waiting for Nonane's confirmation/denial.

Forgiveness prease.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,331
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
There is some fundamental misunderstanding going on here. Four guesses include songs or a keyword. I.E. you can guess all songs from one person (3) and their keyword (1), or four songs from four different people or four keywords from four different people, or anything between those extremes. Not four people with all their songs and keywords which makes 16 guesses. I am kind of confused how you guys got spun around like that but I guess I didn't strictly define what makes a guess so your mistake is not entirely unreasonable.

Now that this has been cleared up, Sarah and Krainz, I will only count your top four guesses.

EDIT: Though provided no one denies your guesses in the mean time I am okay with you two picking your four favourite guesses and I will count those.

EDIT2: This means I actually have to forbid posters revealing their own guessed songs. Not just for Krainz and Sarah's benefit but also because otherwise late guessers have a leg up since they have more information than early guessers. For example if Kakwa denies some song as his the guesser who waited can use that info to make a better guess. This system mean there is still an advantage to being the first to see my reveals on reset but since I try to announce the reset as precisely as I can that advantage is minimized as everyone can try and be here on time.



I think you're joking but even so I find the joke in bad taste. I take the fairness of this competition very seriously.

EDIT3: It is hard work making all this work as intended, be fair and fun.

There is a reason I picked four guesses, since that means you can guess one person entirely or you can strategize and guess four different people in hope of tagging one and then guessing them fully in the next batch of guesses using the keyword you suspect they used. It is kind of like Battleship. And I am sure there are other strategies you could think up too.

I am trying hard and I hope you guys have fun. I honestly kind of envy you, I'd love to play and winning a unique rank and icon would be an awesome bonus since I hate being stuck as Elune forever.
I will PM you my 4 guesses out of these 16 then.

My post has been edited because the fucking hell.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
competition, fun and games, go git 'em, music, playlist, scrolls of lore, serious business

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.