Arch-Druid

So are we all friends again now?
Old 02-21-2019, 06:42 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
So are we all friends again now?
I think so. Anyway, it's a new page so let's forget all about our problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:34 PM

Elune

Sorry I have to break up the attempted circle jerk but one more thing needs to be pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
I agree that the downtick in activity was mainly the site issues, perhaps exacerbated by toxic tendencies in the community. I can speak for myself and say that lag was the reason I stopped, and fixing the lag is the reason I'm back. Only 1 or 2 users actually left *because* of the dumb politics shit. PJ and Yaskelah, my recollection is that they basically played banhammer chicken with the mods until they got booted so they could say they were forced to leave.
There were more than just PJ and Yask. There were also Smoke, Destron, Cosmic, Drusus and Mertico and probably others I forgot or who just silently disengaged without making a statement.

The fallout of Cantus' crusade and Hammer's poorly thought out banning were crippling to the SoL commuity. Not only was there apparent political bias but I am sure a lot of people just quite because of too much drama (Kellick probs). That is what happens when you kick a beehive, it would have been much better for SoL if Cantus never came back in the first place.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I do not claim to know why Kellick left.

It is possible that he did indeed leave due to the drama that followed Hammer's ban. (Though I must say that, given how long he stuck around on the Discord, I find that somewhat unlikely.)

However, I would like to remind you that Kellick is a moderator, and the choice to ban Hammerbrew was supported by an (overwhelming) majority of the moderation team.

While I don't know Kellick half as well as I should like, I am almost certain that he too would be unwilling to turn Cantus into a scapegoat for a decision that both of us supported.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:43 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Sorry I have to break up the attempted circle jerk but one more thing needs to be pointed out.

There were more than just PJ and Yask. There were also Smoke, Destron, Cosmic, Drusus and Mertico and probably others I forgot or who just silently disengaged without making a statement.

The fallout of Cantus' crusade and Hammer's poorly thought out banning were crippling to the SoL commuity. Not only was there apparent political bias but I am sure a lot of people just quite because of too much drama (Kellick probs). That is what happens when you kick a beehive, it would have been much better for SoL if Cantus never came back in the first place.
I... don't think Destron was really part of that group.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
He wasn't, but he left because of Cantus

Edit:
https://slatestarcodex.com/2019/02/2...re-war-thread/

An interesting read that applies to SoL

Last edited by Nazja; 02-23-2019 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: No double posting is still a rule.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:21 AM

Arch-Druid

It was indeed a very interesting read.

(However, I don't think anybody here got doxed as the poor OP of the Blog Post was.

Sadly doxing attack became more common during the past year in lots of discussion spheres...)
Old 02-24-2019, 12:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
It was indeed a very interesting read.

(However, I don't think anybody here got doxed as the poor OP of the Blog Post was.

Sadly doxing attack became more common during the past year in lots of discussion spheres...)
The extremist left, which has a chokehold on social media, has a saying. No bad tactics, only bad targets. They will dox you, report your children to CPS, and try their best to ruin your life because you don't deserve to be a person.

Doxxing is today, a very real reality that used to be restricted to left wing activists, then it got picked up by 4chan, and spread out from there. Now, it's not unusual for news outlets to advertise lists where peoples names, personal information, emails, etc can be added for any reason whatsoever under the guise of a "List of accused "insert problematic clause"..

Because we live in a cyber dystopia. It is no longer fear mongering. Facecrimes are a thing, where people dox and try and ruin your life because they don't like the expression you have at any given moment. Where accusations of events decades ago should be enough to ruin your life, and how dare you get angry or upset about it. In some (pretending to be)civilized parts of the world you can be arrested for using the wrong pronoun.

All it takes is one person.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 02-24-2019 at 12:03 PM..
Old 02-24-2019, 12:33 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

It seems to me that another thread would likely be a more adequate place for this discussion.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I do not claim to know why Kellick left.

It is possible that he did indeed leave due to the drama that followed Hammer's ban. (Though I must say that, given how long he stuck around on the Discord, I find that somewhat unlikely.)

However, I would like to remind you that Kellick is a moderator, and the choice to ban Hammerbrew was supported by an (overwhelming) majority of the moderation team.

While I don't know Kellick half as well as I should like, I am almost certain that he too would be unwilling to turn Cantus into a scapegoat for a decision that both of us supported.
I meant to say that Kellick left because of general drama, not that he was part of the pro-Hammer crowd. Many people hate drama itself, irrelevant of the cause of said drama.
I don't know why Kellick left either, but I am speculating he is one of those who get fed up and just silently signed out.

Quote:
I don't know what you are trying to imply with that wording but yes he initially quit because he was displeased with the moderation and the whole political situation.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:48 AM

Eternal

TBH, I was fortunate enough to not keep up with the drama, because of the slow site discouraging me from reading the forums on a regular basis, but when I go back and read through it these days, I feel that I would have probably left permanently as well. So at this stage, I kinda feel that even though the site has declined in activity as a result, most of the posters responsible for that drama have left as well or do not post often. And the discord is very active. I'll be honest, I'll take this slow decline on the main site over the high drama political stuff that this site has had ever since Gamergate.

I also feel that forums in general are dying. Most of my online activity is on Reddit these days. It is not exactly a better place as far as drama goes, but on most subreddits most 'egregious' stuff tends to be downvoted to oblivion. So less drama seen, unless you go on subreddits that actively focus on it. I may be in the minority here but I do not like to see petty name-calling and rants targeting specific groups become the norm on a discussion site.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 02-25-2019 at 07:57 AM..
Old 02-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I meant to say that Kellick left because of general drama, not that he was part of the pro-Hammer crowd. Many people hate drama itself, irrelevant of the cause of said drama.
I don't know why Kellick left either, but I am speculating he is one of those who get fed up and just silently signed out.
but... he didn't? He moved over to discord and was active there for several months before IRL concerns took him elsewhere. He never mentioned leaving because drama/politics. If he did, I missed it and I'm sorry, so if you could link where he said so, that'd be great. Otherwise, don't put words in people's mouths, or make leading speculations.

Quote:
I don't know what you are trying to imply with that wording but yes he initially quit because he was displeased with the moderation and the whole political situation.
Once again, for clarity and for the record, do you have a link or quote to share? I think it's too easy to conflate people leaving because drama/poltics because the site went to shit (lag-wise) at about the same time. There's ambiguity, so a direct quote would put the speculation to rest.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
but... he didn't? He moved over to discord and was active there for several months before IRL concerns took him elsewhere. He never mentioned leaving because drama/politics. If he did, I missed it and I'm sorry, so if you could link where he said so, that'd be great. Otherwise, don't put words in people's mouths, or make leading speculations.

Once again, for clarity and for the record, do you have a link or quote to share? I think it's too easy to conflate people leaving because drama/poltics because the site went to shit (lag-wise) at about the same time. There's ambiguity, so a direct quote would put the speculation to rest.
I wont post it, its a PM and has personal info in it.

But Its 100% clear. He couldnt stand the way cantus was acting. As in, said it straight up
Old 02-25-2019, 11:11 PM

World Builder

Quote:

I don't want to speak for someone who isn't here but I can confirm that Ruin is telling the truth.

EDIT:

I will say he probably wouldn't appreciate being dragged into any drama so we should probably drop it here.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 02-25-2019 at 11:32 PM..
Old 02-26-2019, 08:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
I don't want to speak for someone who isn't here but I can confirm that Ruin is telling the truth.

EDIT:

I will say he probably wouldn't appreciate being dragged into any drama so we should probably drop it here.
Just confirming, you're talking about Destron?
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:59 AM

Elune

Yeah I am not gonna post screens of PMs or Discord chat to prove anything here, believe me or don't. D is my close friend and that is how he felt. That said now that I think about it check his lasts posts, I am pretty sure he voiced his displeasure before leaving.

As for Kellick, I mentioned some people could have and probably did quit because of general drama, his name came to me since he is a cool dude who posted and then ghosted. I never claimed to know his motivation, and that is painfully obvious by my second post.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:00 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Just confirming, you're talking about Destron?
Yes.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-26-2019, 09:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Y'all mother fuckers need therapy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Y'all mother fuckers need therapy.
So, are you saying you were or weren't driven off by political drama and shitty moderation?
Old 02-27-2019, 04:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
So, are you saying you were or weren't driven off by political drama and shitty moderation?
I am saying all of you fornicators of mothers, need professional mental assistance.

Also you all fled to discord, and I don't like that as a forum replacement.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Try it, read the last few pages and imagine a forum without Lon trying to up his testerone, Saran just being snarky about food and Ruin without victim complex (well not regarding to politics) and it's actually fun.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:53 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

just imagine a forum where you cant really read the backlog unless you try really hard
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:58 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Try it, read the last few pages and imagine a forum without Lon trying to up his testerone, Saran just being snarky about food and Ruin without victim complex (well not regarding to politics) and it's actually fun.
I feel both left out and included here somehow.
Member #14
Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I feel both left out and included here somehow.
Jealousy is a disease, honey. Get well soon!
Old 03-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Elune

Why is everything scrunched up on my phone?
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police