Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-18-2010, 05:08 PM

Chimaera

Default My Tribute Video (still in work)

This is my video tribute to the events leading up to Arthas' death that I have been working on for a while. This is my first completed draft. I eventually plan on adding in my own custom scenes in certain spots along with some visual effects. This current cut doesn't have the credit screen for the song artist so I'll post it here. The song is "One by One" and the artist is Sirenia. Tell me where you guys think it could use improvement please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpbtPlGjZU
Old 09-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Arch-Druid

The song is very nice, and I liked how you put together the in-game cinematics. However, I'm not sure if starting with the Wrath Gate is the best choice. Some shots of the Scourge's power in Northrend such as floating necropoli or massive undead armies could help by giving viewers an impression of Scourge strength. The shots of Arthas "awakening" on his throne in the Blizzcon Wrath trailer could also be useful for your project. I'm not sure how, but if you can manage it I'd recommend putting some video from the final battle against Arthas in here too so there's some context for his death cinematic.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM

Arch-Druid

I would definatly use less of the Wrathgate cinematic at the start, because the first 2min or so, all it looks like is that cinematic with other sound on it(which made me want to close it tbh), I'ld add some flashes of other custom fights in there(if possible). Might also be worthwhile to use a bit of the WotLK cinematic on it, like Arthas flying over his undead army.
Perhaps some(rare) scenes where the war seems to be going towards a loss(like the Argent Crusade and living trolls struggling hard in ZD); some Naxxramas/Azjol-Nerub, the incredible force the Scourge has in the Icecrown zone,...

Edit: Woot, The Devil's Posts 666
Old 09-20-2010, 02:32 PM

Chimaera

Thanks for the input guys, some pretty helpful ideas. I'll be sure to post an updated version once I make some more edits to it. I definately wanted to add some custom scenes of the Lich King fight. I ahd also thought of using some of the CGI cutscenes but when I tried it , it just looked a little odd having it cutting back and forth between high-res CGI and in-game cutscenes. Maybe I can do a little digging into pre-release footage of Northrend from before WotLK came out and see what I can come up with too. Thanks again guys!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Arch-Druid

This is just a thought, but if I remember correctly the Naxxramas trailer has scenes of necropoli floating over most of the capital cities of Azeroth. Perhaps for a new intro you could open with the footage of Arthas "waking up" from the Wrath trailer (The Blizzcon announcement trailer, NOT the cinematic. In the trailer Arthas doesn't look quite so high-res so the difference between it and in-game footage might not be quite so severe), followed by necropoli appearing over the world and footage from the Death Knight starting zone to recreate a "Scourge invasion". The intro can end with Tirion Fordring driving Arthas away at the conclusion of the Death Knight quest chain and then cut to scenes of the living arriving in and exploring Northrend and then jumping ahead to the Wrath Gate. Afterwards insert some footage of the Scourge's power in Icecrown along with the Patch 3.3 trailer of Tirion Fordring breaking down the gates of Icecrown Citadel, and you might have a good build-up to Arthas' death at the end of your tribute.