Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
I'm not going to move it because Gourra seems to have hots water with me or something, if you want you can move to Templateivine(since the name template eternal is wrong)

The only reason it stated Sapient it's because it's a sub-template of the sapient Template
And what? there's no law saying everything "sub" should had references to the main thing, and if there's one, it's a stupid one.

Also, this one isn't related in any way, it's beings, not races/species.

I'll may comment into it later, let the important stuff, the content, be clear before anything.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
And what? there's no law saying everything "sub" should had references to the main thing, and if there's one, it's a stupid one.

Also, this one isn't related in any way, it's beings, not races/species.

I'll may comment into it later, let the important stuff, the content, be clear before anything.
The Content is supposed to be "Anything that doesn't fit on the other templates" and due to the way the other templates are build it leaves out Elementals, Ambulatory Plants(ancients and bog beasts), which may or may not be due to Nature magic, Deities (loas, ancient guardians, titans and old gods) and angelic beings(Naaru, Angels, Spirit Healer and guardians of ancient kings)
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM

Elune

I would leave nature/elementals in a template and deities in another.

As for naaru and co., move them to non-Azeroth species. Silithids and Qiraji are there, after all, and they're unclassified like them.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
I would leave nature/elementals in a template and deities in another.

As for naaru and co., move them to non-Azeroth species. Silithids and Qiraji are there, after all, and they're unclassified like them.
Actually i made a example

http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Ashbear160/Templateivine

I don't know about naaru but i think they should stay with Light things, they are not exactly biological creatures that are in Alien to azeroth template, but i have no problem with this change since the ethereal are also there, even if they were originally organic

Silithid are not sapient, Qiraji are with nerubians under Aqir in azeroth natives

EDIT: Now that i think about it i could fuse dragonkin and the native to azeroth categories in the template
Edit: Already did

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Actually i made a example

http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Ashbear160/Templateivine

I don't know about naaru but i think they should stay with Light things, they are not exactly biological creatures that are in Alien to azeroth template, but i have no problem with this change since the ethereal are also there, even if they were originally organic

Silithid are not sapient, Qiraji are with nerubians under Aqir in azeroth natives

EDIT: Now that i think about it i could fuse dragonkin and the native to azeroth categories in the template
Edit: Already did
That does look nice. Good work .

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM

Elune

I also tried this experimental and fused Demons and the Other Template

http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Ashbear...:Sapient_Magic

I'm still Undecided if i should add Deitites or not but i'm heading towards the not, since now there is an deity template

Plz tell me what you think or if you see any problems?

EDIT:could you make an article about the Guardians of Ancient Kings that is separate from ability? i already asked coobra some days ago but i don't think he checks his talk page anymore

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 12:39 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Elune

Nah, I think Fel and Demons should have a template of their own.

And yeah, deities already have a template, so leave that one for Elementals/Nature/Celestial.

I don't have a lot of time right now, and I'm busy checking new Loas at Hinterlnads, but I could make something later .

Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Elune

And i think it was a good idea too... still ha too find a way to put fel-touched races there...

edit:Faerie dragons are sapient right?

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The Lich King is also a demigod.
I dont know if demigods are classified the same way that they are in other lore and mythology but aren't they normally considered half human (or other sentient race) and half god? So if the Lich King is considered a demi-god we know that Arthas was previously the human component, obviously now Bolvar, but where did the god part come from? If the Lich King was created by Kil'Jaeden and the Lich King is considered a demi-god... would Kil'Jaeden be considered a god?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Samael#1487

Quote:
Faerie dragons are sapient right?
I don't think so. They were more in the ambiguous "Raptor" category. It's said that they "police the Emerald Dream from magic," but I don't recall any record of someone talking to one, for example.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenvor View Post
I dont know if demigods are classified the same way that they are in other lore and mythology but aren't they normally considered half human (or other sentient race) and half god? So if the Lich King is considered a demi-god we know that Arthas was previously the human component, obviously now Bolvar, but where did the god part come from? If the Lich King was created by Kil'Jaeden and the Lich King is considered a demi-god... would Kil'Jaeden be considered a god?
The Twilight hammer tried to created their own pantheon of ancients

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
I don't think so. They were more in the ambiguous "Raptor" category. It's said that they "police the Emerald Dream from magic," but I don't recall any record of someone talking to one, for example.
I remember that being commented of a group of talking ones in mount hyjal in cata
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenvor View Post
Demigod is depend on power, not their bloodline.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM

Elune

Been banned for protecting the sapient templates and mistaking the merge label with the delete label...

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-23-2011 at 05:26 AM..
Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Serves you right, you pedant.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
For what?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 AM

Elune

Temporal ban? Guess you didn't use talk pages enough. You should learn to leave it be for a while, and return later, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Wtf?

You should respect the editors of WoWPedia a little more, for you use it like all of us without contributing to it in any way. If it wasn't for people that fights for their ideals, we'd still have Appendix 3 around.

Your comment just sucks, man.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Temporal ban? Guess you didn't use talk pages enough. You should learn to leave it be for a while, and return later, too.

Wtf?

You should respect the editors of WoWPedia a little more, for you use it like all of us without contributing to it in any way. If it wasn't for people that fights for their ideals, we'd still have Appendix 3 around.

I actually think the last "straw" was that i labeled fel corruption for delete when i meant merge with demon page trough i did explain it... terribly...
Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Eternal

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Wtf?

You're touchy about a wiki?

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Elune

Well lon once the ban lifts i'll talk about those points you made in Sapient species template talk page.

Anyway Who's Akil'darah
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
You're touchy about a wiki?
I'm touchy about people not respecting contributors. I'd have a good laugh if you were IP banned + ddos from the site and had to use wowwiki. No one's asking for you to contribute, but at least respect those that collaborate on it.

Quote:
Well lon once the ban lifts i'll talk about those points you made in Sapient species template talk page.

Anyway Who's Akil'darah
Yup, they'll be welcomed. I preferred the template of some days ago.

As for Akil'darah: http://www.wowpedia.org/Talk:Loa#Akil.27darah Aedror is awesome .

Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 AM

Arch-Druid

proxy, dynamic ip, tor, etc :p
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yup, they'll be welcomed. I preferred the template of some days ago.

As for Akil'darah: http://www.wowpedia.org/Talk:Loa#Akil.27darah Aedror is awesome .
Akil might just mean eagle

Anyway let me try to explain some stuff here, before i post tomorrow

Fel corrupted races were added to the demon template because they share something with some of the demons they were corrupted to fel to the current state for example satyr and man'ari eredar, so we have 3 solutions:
-Apply all of them to demon and fel template(Best solution)
-Apply all of them to their original races category(Removes Man'ari and satyr from the demon template)
-Put them arbitrarly(Who decides the arbitration blizzard they don't care, and by somebody else would be non-canon)
The 5 races that this can apply that i know is:
-Satyr
-Man'ari Eredar
-Corrupted Ancient
-Fel Orc
-Felblood Elf

About the nature and divine template, my opinion is to remove deities(since there's a deity template) but you must notice that the only deities in it are racial groups of deities(titans, ancient guardians, titan loas and old gods )

It's called Nature and Divine because divine, includes old gods, titans, loas and angelic beings, and nature includes elemental, ancient guardians, nature/Fey.

I also thought of calling sapient spirit or sapient magic, but now that i think of it the best name is Template:Magic and Spirits

Also the only reason why titans are not in the titanic creations is because someone said that a titan is not a titanic creation

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-23-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 11:44 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Temporal ban?
BANNED FROM TIME ITSELF!

Quote:
I actually think the last "straw" was that i labeled fel corruption for delete when i meant merge with demon page trough i did explain it... terribly...
They did not tell you?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
BANNED FROM TIME ITSELF!

They did not tell you?
the last straw? no SWM didn't tell me he just told he that he had warned enough and banned me, posted the disruptive policy link(which i didn't do, if i was "aggressive" is because i want the sapient template to stay consistent, now it misses sapient races because Gourra refused to listen to my arguments) i just noticed that shortly before he removed the delete tag i put on the page, which was the actually a mistake i wanted to put the merge label with the demon page(there's already part of this page on the demon template)

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-23-2011 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Elune

I think they banned him for an edit war (reverting others changes 3 times in a row, you should go talk page to discuss it and avoid reverting back again and again each other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
proxy, dynamic ip, tor, etc :p
They could always put a banner saying "X GUY IS A BAD GUY" in the frontpage.

Think of it. A BAD GUY. Are you scared now?

Quote:
Akil might just mean eagle

Anyway let me try to explain some stuff here, before i post tomorrow

Fel corrupted races were added to the demon template because they share something with some of the demons they were corrupted to fel to the current state for example satyr and man'ari eredar, so we have 3 solutions:
-Apply all of them to demon and fel template(Best solution)
-Apply all of them to their original races category(Removes Man'ari and satyr from the demon template)
-Put them arbitrarly(Who decides the arbitration blizzard they don't care, and by somebody else would be non-canon)
The 5 races that this can apply that i know is:
-Satyr
-Man'ari Eredar
-Corrupted Ancient
-Fel Orc
-Felblood Elf

About the nature and divine template, my opinion is to remove deities(since there's a deity template) but you must notice that the only deities in it are racial groups of deities(titans, ancient guardians, titan loas and old gods )

It's called Nature and Divine because divine, includes old gods, titans, loas and angelic beings, and nature includes elemental, ancient guardians, nature/Fey.

I also thought of calling sapient spirit or sapient magic, but now that i think of it the best name is Template:Magic and Spirits

Also the only reason why titans are not in the titanic creations is because someone said that a titan is not a titanic creation
Fel races are subraces. As for demons, in their own template. The only exception would be Eredar and Draenei, for obvious reasons (or we could just include Eredar in both templates without any problem).

Titan isn't inside "titanic creations" content because it's inside the title, like this: [[Titan]]ic creations. Pretty simple.

As for deities/elementals, that's my main concern right now. Elementals and nature should be there, but gods shouldn't.