Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
Archaeology
The sell value of all common artifacts has been doubled, while a small subset of common artifacts have had their sell value increased far beyond that.
Least it's progress.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 01-24-2011, 02:39 AM

Elune

Well, we have an idea about sell prices now. Link.

Some of those are quite nice. Wish I could get back some of the ones I sold ages ago, though at least I haven't come across one of the Zoe rings yet, heh.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 PM

Chimaera

I haven't been able to find where I read this, but i distinctly remember reading somewhere that once you complete one of the rare-tier items that you cannot discover it again on that character? The closest thing to this that I could find was a post on WoWhead where somebody mentioned that the only way to get 2 of the Scimitar of Scirroco to dual-wield was to level archaeology and find it on 2 seperate toons. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Site Staff - Admin

What's pretty frustrating is that I have all of the fossil artifacts(all two of them!) but I still have to go digging around their digsites. It's annoying being sent from one half of the Eastern Kingdoms to the other so that I can get rid of a useless dig site and then hope that MAYBE the next one won't be for fossils.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Fossil and troll digsites are the scum of the earth, the bane of all archaeologists, and most pointless digsites in all creation! They are worthless in just about every conceivable way. It's a pointless buffer of trash items in a profession swarming in trash items.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Fossil and troll digsites are the scum of the earth, the bane of all archaeologists, and most pointless digsites in all creation! They are worthless in just about every conceivable way. It's a pointless buffer of trash items in a profession swarming in trash items.
I think that if the lore-aspect of the Archaeology items weren't already revealed as soon as they were implemented, the situation would be a bit better because people would actually be curious about discovering the items.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
What's pretty frustrating is that I have all of the fossil artifacts(all two of them!) but I still have to go digging around their digsites. It's annoying being sent from one half of the Eastern Kingdoms to the other so that I can get rid of a useless dig site and then hope that MAYBE the next one won't be for fossils.
This. Until they fix this, Arch will always bs. And the price changes are a pretty good hint Blizz has no plan on blanking out digsites once you have all the rares. Why can't they do it where once you get all the rares, it goes dark and doesn't come up until you have EVERY rare. Then they come back up and you can do it for money/boredom.

I love Cataclysm, i really do. But without a doubt, Archaeology is the worst implemented aspect of the expansion so far. I think Archaeology is worse then them not changing holiday stuff for the redone cities. I think Archaeology is worse then Tol Barad.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
It's still a terrible profession, Fossils were barely touched (what the hell?) and wipping up a bar Truegold every day is probably still a better source of money than aimlessly flying around Azeroth (sadly).
This. The fail that is Archaeology was one of the reasons I permanenty cancelled WoW (the other reasons being, in no particular order: lack of things to do, Tol Barad, being fed up with raiding, long dungeon queues and last but not least catastrophic state of community). Oh well, at least I still have EVE :p