Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default Help with Wowpedia

I going to ask information to add to the wowpedia here:

Are dragon aspects and titans are ever stated to be demigods/gods/deities?

It's for the deity template in wowpedia
http://www.wowpedia.org/Template:Gods_and_demigods

Could anybody that has these books check this references plz

Titans:Shadows & Light, pg. 107.

I thank in advance

Could also anybody check this template and see what deities are missing
Template:Gods_and_demigods

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-21-2011 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Titans:Shadows & Light, pg. 107.
It says "Few scholars actually believe the mighty demigods even existed."

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
It says "Few scholars actually believe the mighty demigods even existed."
Thank you very much if you see any problem tell me
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Slowpokeking

http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Titans_an...f_the_Universe

Quote:
The Titans, colossal, metallic-skinned gods from the far reaches of the cosmos, explored the newborn universe and set to work on the worlds they encountered.
Later retconned by the encyclopedia, but you know it never got updated.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 PM

Elune

I just noticed that the Old gods really like their hydra pets

EDIT:Can anybody quote me the part that describes the Sky Father?

Can anybody tell me if the Elemental lords were ever claimed to be Demigods, gods, deities or something similar?

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-19-2011 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Slowpokeking

The problem is do you have a clear definition of "God" and "demigod"?

The Lich King is also a demigod.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:22 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Can anybody quote me the part that describes the Sky Father?
From The Shattering? He exists.

Quote:
Can anybody tell me if the Elemental lords were ever claimed to be Demigods, gods, deities or something similar?
Shadows & Light dos not mention those words when describing them.

Lands of Mystery outright says that Ragnaros is counted among the Old Gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The problem is do you have a clear definition of "God" and "demigod"?

The Lich King is also a demigod.
You know it:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/encyclopedia/417.xml

Besides that, you have comparing offhand mentions by Blizzard, of course. :/

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Slowpokeking

Just look at the first sentence.

Quote:
There are no hard and fast rules to define what it means to be a god in Warcraft, save that all gods are immortal.
So all we can rely on is Blizzard say it's a god or not.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I just noticed that the Old gods really like their hydra pets

EDIT:Can anybody quote me the part that describes the Sky Father?

Elemental lords were demigods. Neptulon were worshipped by murlocs and nagas, but then the nagas turned on him. Raganaros was described as a god from the artifacts of Archaeology in dwarf category.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curll View Post
Elemental lords were demigods. Neptulon were worshipped by murlocs and nagas, but then the nagas turned on him. Raganaros was described as a god from the artifacts of Archaeology in dwarf category.
Hmmm really? ok

Quote:
From The Shattering? He exists.
I kinda want to make a article about him so i wanna know how he's described

EDIT:is azshara or xavious ever described as a demigod?

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 06:13 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 07:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
There would be a long, mournful walk back to Thunder Bluff from
Orgrimmar, so that all could pay their respects before the body was burned, the ashes offered to the winds and rivers, to become one with the Earth Mother and Sky Father.
So basically, no real description on him yet other than that the Tauren also worship him. So it's kinda more like Greek mythology with the Earthmother being Gaia and the Sky Father being Uranus.

Azshara's power is easily as much as the other demi-gods and she is worshipped by the naga. She is also called a demi god on the official cataclysm wow site.
Quote:
Beautiful, cruel Azshara was swallowed by the seas, never to be seen again... or so it was believed. The naga revere Azshara as a demigod, one who is still very much alive.
As for Xavious his power could rival demi-gods and Xavius is worshipped by the Satyr but I don't recall Xavius being called a demi-god.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
So basically, no real description on him yet other than that the Tauren also worship him. So it's kinda more like Greek mythology with the Earthmother being Gaia and the Sky Father being Uranus.

Azshara's power is easily as much as the other demi-gods and she is worshipped by the naga. She is also called a demi god on the official cataclysm wow site.

As for Xavious his power could rival demi-gods and Xavius is worshipped by the Satyr but I don't recall Xavius being called a demi-god.
Gaia and Uranus got it
Hmm i don't know if that can be considered as a demigod we know they worship these two but are never stated to be demigods and he's been pretty strict on only putting that are stated as demigods
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM

Arch-Druid

By the way, Hakkar the Soulflayer is a loa of wind serphent, it is confirmed in the quests of Cataclysm.

Also I believe all other troll-related ones are loas. The trolls only worship loas.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Slowpokeking

The Lich King is also called a demigod in the official magazine.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 AM

Elune

Yes those two points are already stated anyway can anybody tell me if the earthmother or the sky father is stated as deities or gods?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
EDIT:is azshara or xavious ever described as a demigod?
They are, but classified inside Ancient Guardians. Added them, anyway.

You made a good work, I was "wtf did Ashendant with Nature and Eternals templates?" but I see this now and understand your move, thanks god I was lazy to remake it in my own .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
They are, but classified inside Ancient Guardians. Added them, anyway.

You made a good work, I was "wtf did Ashendant with Nature and Eternals templates?" but I see this now and understand your move, thanks god I was lazy to remake it in my own .
Gourra is taking the article name as far more important than the purpose of the article, for example he removed all fel corrupted races because the article was called "template: Demons" but the template was called "Demons and Fel-corrupted races", i talked with another admin SWM and he accepted the name "Template: Demonic and Fel races" but Gourra just told me to go do another entire template just to list demons and fel corrupted races and not to touch that one, i could ask someone else to move it for me but i would probably get banned for it, I could ask for someone else support, but i don't know if anybody would support me, even through i designed most of the templates.

Sorry for the rant i'm just kinda angry, that someone is ruining the sapient templates that i made with a lot of criticism that over a month over technicalities like the name of the article that was done by another admin in the spurt of the moment

Again sorry for the
Old 01-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Elune

If you get stuff removed due to lack of consensus, do what I did:

Put them at your user space as a personal project.

That way, you can have your templates at your private section, untouched by anyone, so you don't see your work "destroyed".

Then once you feel they are ready you copy them to the public space.

But yeah, I'm not following the naming discussion, but I feel it's pretty stupid, template names should be short and clear, not "encyclopedical".

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
If you get stuff removed due to lack of consensus, do what I did:

Put them at your user space as a personal project.

That way, you can have your templates at your private section, untouched by anyone, so you don't see your work "destroyed".

Then once you feel they are ready you copy them to the public space.

But yeah, I'm not following the naming discussion, but I feel it's pretty stupid, template names should be short and clear, not "encyclopedical".
I agree with you but it's supposed to be made to accept those things like fel-corrupted race so it works in the bigger picture of the sapient templates, and since Gourra is being such a *****************(self-censored) i have to make the names of the article "Encyclopedical"

The problem is that i need to change the name of the article that one admin agreed with and another refuses because he can't see the how the whole sapient species template things work

I also want to change the name of the last template(eternal) to fit the original idea of Sapient Other, Any ideas?

EDIT: strangely making this whole template thing really helped me design the system of classification of my own world

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 09:09 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
I agree with you but it's supposed to be made to accept those things like fel-corrupted race so it works in the bigger picture of the sapient templates, and since Gourra is being such a *****************(self-censored) i have to make the names of the article "Encyclopedical"

The problem is that i need to change the name of the article that one admin agreed with and another refuses because he can't see the how the whole sapient species template things work

I also want to change the name of the last template(eternal) to fit the original idea of Sapient Other, Any ideas?

EDIT: strangely making this whole template thing really helped me design the system of classification of my own world
I'd call them divine and end with the topic.

And yeah, there's stubborn people everywhere. There was this cool W3 units projects that I got tired of because someone didn't like the naming procedure the game itself had (melee - campaign) and started deleting everything.

No one cares about 3 units and when someone started to work on them they made him quit.

Whatever, get to polish them and once they're done, reopen the discussion at the forum with a vote or something.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
I'd call them divine and end with the topic.

And yeah, there's stubborn people everywhere. There was this cool W3 units projects that I got tired of because someone didn't like the naming procedure the game itself had (melee - campaign) and started deleting everything.

No one cares about 3 units and when someone started to work on them they made him quit.

Whatever, get to polish them and once they're done, reopen the discussion at the forum with a vote or something.
Template:Sapient divine races?

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 09:41 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Revenant - Moderator

...What.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
...What.
A admin is deleting information and links, because it doesn't correspond to the name of the article, totally missing the purpose of the article.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Template:Sapient divine races?
Gtfo that sapient shit, also, they're not any race at all.

Simply this: Templateivine or Templateeities.

Overcomplicating the name is a waste of effort, you should go for the easies solution.

Templates aren't articles, so that "delete because has nothing to do with article name" is stupid as hell.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Gtfo that sapient shit, also, they're not any race at all.

Simply this: Templateivine or Templateeities.

Overcomplicating the name is a waste of effort, you should go for the easies solution.

Templates aren't articles, so that "delete because has nothing to do with article name" is stupid as hell.
I'm not going to move it because Gourra seems to have hots water with me or something, if you want you can move to Templateivine(since the name template eternal is wrong)

The only reason it stated Sapient it's because it's a sub-template of the sapient Template

Last edited by Ashendant; 01-20-2011 at 10:49 AM..