Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Arch-Druid

So... I want to put forward a suggestion that I am certain will not have people wanting to skin me alive.

Lorda- *sniped!*

...okay, but seriously. I think that Khadgar is, in some way, right to express his desire for the Kirin Tor to not be affected by politics. Now, before some people ignite their pitchforks and sharpen their torches, I want to clarify why I'm agreeing with him.

I do not feel that Dalaran should leave the Alliance and go back to neutrality. Too much has obviously changed for them to ever consider that, and I would never suggest otherwise. However, while people seem to be taking Khadgar's statements as him wanting exactly this, I honestly believe that the truth is somewhere else. Remember that for the longest time, the Kirin Tor was not the leadership of Dalaran, but a sect within the city that was "charged with cataloging and researching every spell, artifact, and magic item known to mankind at the time." It wasn't until some time later that they became the ruling sect, and the Council of Six was merged with them.

So... what if Khadgar wants to return the Kirin Tor to its roots as a sect that studies and catalogs various types of magical items and spells? Have the Council of Six remain as the ruling government of Dalaran, but otherwise separate the Kirin Tor from them so they can return to their initial purpose? He's probably old enough to remember when that was how they operated (especially as he was potentially a member of the Violet Eye, or at least knew of their existence), and, for the most part, we don't know what he's been up to since returning to Azeroth. I don't think they should make the Kirin Tor wholly neutral, but having them be separate from the Council of Six so they can return to their original duties isn't an awful idea...

Of course, it's just as likely that he wants Dalaran neutral, but feh.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:05 AM

Like the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ever been a political one lol
Old 10-28-2014, 01:12 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I didn't even notice this from Edge of Night at first.

wtf falling off of Icecrown Citadel would make her a puddle spikes or no spikes.
I think the implication is that, even if her bones were reduced to powder and her organs splattered across the frozen wastes from such a fall, she'd simply be ejected from her body. Remember that Sylvanas is a banshee possessing her own body, and it's been confirmed that she can still remove herself from it at will. A fall might destroy it, but she'd still be a ghost. The spikes, on the other hand, would kill her body and soul outright - very quickly, at that.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtheria View Post
I think the implication is that, even if her bones were reduced to powder and her organs splattered across the frozen wastes from such a fall, she'd simply be ejected from her body. Remember that Sylvanas is a banshee possessing her own body, and it's been confirmed that she can still remove herself from it at will. A fall might destroy it, but she'd still be a ghost. The spikes, on the other hand, would kill her body and soul outright - very quickly, at that.
I think that it simply means that the energies that keep her undead would heal most injuries quickly. Technically, her body is destructible, but her unholy regeneration renders it nigh indestructible.

Just picture her as female Alucard. (The one from that predates Integra being the head of Hellsing.)

Last edited by Nazja; 10-28-2014 at 01:52 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 05:42 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I think that it simply means that the energies that keep her undead would heal most injuries quickly. Technically, her body is destructible, but her unholy regeneration renders it nigh indestructible.
Probably this. I don't know if it's ever been stated outright, but it's often implied that the magic used to create the undead, at least corporeal undead, makes them more physically powerful than they would be otherwise. It's especially true for particularly powerful undead like Death Knights. Supernatural durability or constant regeneration wouldn't be out of the question.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:29 AM

Elune

Old Gold blood, in this case, turned into spikes, can destroy a undead soul.... very interesting.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:36 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Old Gold blood, in this case, turned into spikes, can destroy a undead soul.... very interesting.
Well not "destroy" the soul cause then she wouldn't have existed anymore, it's more like it disrupted the connection between her and her body, allowing her to go to -a- afterlife.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Seems to me it can destroy souls in general.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:06 AM

That reminds me, anointed blades seem to have the same properties. Perhaps they would've sent her to another, more benign, afterlife.

Last edited by Nazja; 10-28-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
That reminds me, anointed blades seem to have the same properties. Perhaps they would've sent her to another, more benign, afterlife.
Possibly. I don't think it works that way, but eh.

I mean, the moment you roll an undead, the "more info" box alone tells you Sylvanas and her people are not nice, so it could just be that she's a wicked person.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtheria View Post
Except she can be killed with a bullet to the head.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Except she can be killed with a bullet to the head.
A saronite bullet.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
A saronite bullet.
Which didn't destroy her soul.....

Or did it?

Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-28-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Which didn't destroy her soul.....

Or did it?

Hmmmmmmmmm
Well, when she died in ICC the saronite also only seems to have severed the connection between her body and soul, despite her saying that it would obliterate the latter.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well, when she died in ICC the saronite also only seems to have severed the connection between her body and soul, despite her saying that it would obliterate the latter.
But it could be an explaination how she is acting so differently.... Lich Queen....

The difference being was she told/found out that saronite would destroy your soul? Which was a lie.

Or did she hope, think that it just might work, considering how the undead were acting around the saronite and the connection between the two.

Oh Yogg/LK connection story line..... why were you dropped.....
Old 10-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
A saronite bullet.
Is there anything to suggest it was saronite?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Is there anything to suggest it was saronite?
I think someone from Blizzard stated that it was a saronite bullet, but now you have me doubting myself.

Edit:
OK, Sean stated that (internally) he's heard that it was a "magical bullet". Saronite seems to just have been the conclusion everyone jumped to, which isn't too far fetched if you consider the effect the bullet had. The bullets he uses in the dungeon are cursed, so I doubt that the one he used on Sylvanas was anointed; that's one possible enchantment we can almost definitely discard.

Last edited by Nazja; 10-28-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 PM

Elune

Considering Blizzard's track record vis a vis consistency I'm gonna go ahead and say that it wasn't saronite and Kosak just isn't a very good writer.

e:

Quote:
OK, Sean stated that (internally) he's heard that it was a "magical bullet".
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:55 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
I think someone from Blizzard stated that it was a saronite bullet, but now you have me doubting myself.

Edit:
OK, Sean stated that (internally) he's heard that it was a "magical bullet". Saronite seems to just have been the conclusion everyone jumped to, which isn't too far fetched if you consider the effect the bullet had. The bullets he uses in the dungeon are cursed, so I doubt that the one he used on Sylvanas was anointed; that's one possible enchantment we can almost definitely discard.
Godfrey does use Cursed Bullets in his boss fight.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Elune

I came up with the Saronite bullet.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Edit:
For all we know, Godfry might have carved 'Eat this bitch!' on the bullet before he loaded his gun and given how much he hated Sylvanas, that might have been the magic.The power of hatred.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 PM

Eternal

Doesn't saronite only exist in northrend?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Doesn't saronite only exist in northrend?
Naturally, yes.

However, people can ship it out from Northrend.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:54 PM

Eternal

I see.

Well i was just under the impression it was really really hard to obtain because of scourge and that giant mouth with tentacles.

Is he even dead?
Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
I see.

Well i was just under the impression it was really really hard to obtain because of scourge and that giant mouth with tentacles.

Is he even dead?
They do not live
They do not die
They are outside the cycle
Closed Thread

Tags
civil bitching, cleansing of the tags, crushed dreams, kill all factions, orcs are definitely evil, orks, post here if masochist, shattered hopes, the cycle begins anew