Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2017, 10:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Hammer gets permabanned. Honors his punishment and remains permabanned.

Slowpoke gets permabanned. Evades his ban so long that mods give up on banning him, he continues posting like nothing ever happened.

Quality moderating, guys. I love the integrity of the staff and their commitment to enforcing the rules. Top notch.
Look, while Im not happy with Hammers ban, SPK should have never been banned either.

Remember the specifics.

SPK was given a final warning, told he had to follow a set of rules, and then got banned anyway.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
If them mods can successfully rebrand as a general geekery forum, they may be able to draw more people. I don't think WoW has much of a future, so it'll be tough to get many new posters based on that.
I'm not sure what that even entails. We have non-Warcraft threads already. I doubt making new subforums for them will change posting numbers. We have Starcraft and Diablo subforums as examples already.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm not sure what that even entails. We have non-Warcraft threads already. I doubt making new subforums for them will change posting numbers. We have Starcraft and Diablo subforums as examples already.
You could have subforums dedicated to things like comics or anime (as opposed to threads). However, it'll be difficult at best to compete with existing sources for such things. Also, most fans now use social media for fandom engagement.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
You could have subforums dedicated to things like comics or anime (as opposed to threads). However, it'll be difficult at best to compete with existing sources for such things. Also, most fans now use social media for fandom engagement.
Just as a heads-up, we've already taken an internal Staff vote and agreed to a trial expansion of the sub-forum options and a change-up of how the Halls of Lordaeron work. Nothing universe specific, but we'll at least start separating topics into something more obvious. We're just waiting on Warlock's approval before we go ahead.

As to the social media thing, as I noted elsewhere, forums have their place in the scheme of things, and we plan on updating SoL to keep up with those needs.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Banished

Can we expand the fanwork section a little bit more, and let more ppl to see the new work threads without click into the section?

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 07-06-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-06-2017, 01:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Just as a heads-up, we've already taken an internal Staff vote and agreed to a trial expansion of the sub-forum options and a change-up of how the Halls of Lordaeron work. Nothing universe specific, but we'll at least start separating topics into something more obvious. We're just waiting on Warlock's approval before we go ahead.

As to the social media thing, as I noted elsewhere, forums have their place in the scheme of things, and we plan on updating SoL to keep up with those needs.
Fair enough, it's definitely worth a shot. I would NOT want SoL to be more like social media, as I generally dislike social media, so no complaints here.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 07-06-2017, 02:46 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Fair enough, it's definitely worth a shot. I would NOT want SoL to be more like social media, as I generally dislike social media, so no complaints here.
Far as I'm concern, the spam and/or How was your day threads are good enough to fill SoL's social media functions.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Far as I'm concern, the spam and/or How was your day threads are good enough to fill SoL's social media functions.
Agreed!

Old 07-15-2017, 04:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Did someone hack the forum and make it fast ?
Old 07-15-2017, 07:10 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
If it's important to you, we can slow it back down if you want.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
The Russians did it.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:26 PM

World Builder

Quote:
It's a conspiracy by internet companies, they make everything run fast to make people not worry about Net Neutrality, the fiends!

(Jk I have no idea why the forum seems to be running faster, maybe the Discord lowered traffic on it or something? /shrug)

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Elune

So, I see Spidey has some quote of Hammerbrew's in his signature. What's the reasoning behind this? To remind us Hammerbrew said mean things? To gloat over some "victory" or something? If Hammerbrew is gone, I don't see why it's necessary to quote bad things he said in your signature. He has been punished for those mean things. Seems obnoxiously petty at best and needlessly toxic at worst.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:02 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
So, I see Spidey has some quote of Hammerbrew's in his signature. What's the reasoning behind this? To remind us Hammerbrew said mean things? To gloat over some "victory" or something? If Hammerbrew is gone, I don't see why it's necessary to quote bad things he said in your signature. He has been punished for those mean things. Seems obnoxiously petty at best and needlessly toxic at worst.
Does it also bother you that someone has/had an avatar of Galdus' ban status?
Why is the conservative agenda here to just ban everyone they disagree with and make it against the rules to say bad things about conservatives even if it's a direct quote?
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-16-2017 at 12:16 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 12:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
The signature actually predates Hammer's ban by far.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
He's had that sig for months...
Old 07-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Frost, sorry if my last post sounded like I was simply dismissing your complaint, but I didn't have time for a lengthier response, so I chose to merely provide some context.

I have since brought up the topic in the admin discord, but as you can clearly see, Spidey's intent wasn't to gloat.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:10 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Spidey's had that signature for at least 7 months, possibly longer, so it's not a gloating victory thing. That said, I do agree with Frostwolf on one count, it probably doesn't need to continue on given Hammer's ban. Keeping a protest sig makes sense when there's something active to protest, but afterwards we're just memorializing it in a way that's unnecessary. The same can be said of Galdus and protest sigs against him.

We'll do a "quick" (relative to SoL staff time) discussion on it and let folks know the decision.

I will say this ahead of time, no punishments are going to be meted out, nor shaming occur.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Does it also bother you that someone has/had an avatar of Galdus' ban status?
Why is the conservative agenda here to just ban everyone they disagree with and make it against the rules to say bad things about conservatives even if it's a direct quote?
You may not have seen it, but I called that avatar (I believe it was Saranus who has/had it) childish and petty when I first saw it. So, yes. It's pointlessly toxic to the environment. If the guy's banned, there's no need to gloat about it. I hate Genya but do you see me taking screenshots of his banned status and making it my avatar every time he gets the boot? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The signature actually predates Hammer's ban by far.
I have had signatures turned off for the last year and only recently put them back on. (Yes, I had signatures turned off even when I made the antifa girl getting punched my signature.)

Quote:
Spidey's had that signature for at least 7 months, possibly longer, so it's not a gloating victory thing. That said, I do agree with Frostwolf on one count, it probably doesn't need to continue on given Hammer's ban. Keeping a protest sig makes sense when there's something active to protest, but afterwards we're just memorializing it in a way that's unnecessary. The same can be said of Galdus and protest sigs against him.

We'll do a "quick" (relative to SoL staff time) discussion on it and let folks know the decision.

I will say this ahead of time, no punishments are going to be meted out, nor shaming occur.
I don't expect nor do I want a ban, contrary to Kakwakas's drama-mongering. It just seems unnecessary, sorry that I didn't see the signature sooner.

Also, I haven't made a political post in quite some time and have taken measures to distance myself from SoL's political sphere. Yet I still have Kakwakas shadowing my posts and trying to turn it into some conservative conspiracy to ban everyone.

Please stop harassing me, Kakwakas.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:15 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
You may not have seen it, but I called that avatar (I believe it was Saranus who has/had it) childish and petty when I first saw it. So, yes. It's pointlessly toxic to the environment. If the guy's banned, there's no need to gloat about it. I hate Genya but do you see me taking screenshots of his banned status and making it my avatar every time he gets the boot? No.

I have had signatures turned off for the last year and only recently put them back on. (Yes, I had signatures turned off even when I made the antifa girl getting punched my signature.)

I don't expect nor do I want a ban, contrary to Kakwakas's drama-mongering. It just seems unnecessary, sorry that I didn't see the signature sooner.

Also, I haven't made a political post in quite some time and have taken measures to distance myself from SoL's political sphere. Yet I still have Kakwakas shadowing my posts and trying to turn it into some conservative conspiracy to ban everyone.

Please stop harassing me, Kakwakas.
PM staff members links to posts you believe are shadowing/harassing in nature and we'll review them.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
PM staff members links to posts you believe are shadowing/harassing in nature and we'll review them.
Not necessary. I'm asking Kakwakas, man to man, to stop insinuating every post I make is apart of a conservative conspiracy to get everyone banned. I did not request for Spidey's ban, yet Kakwakas insisted so. That is toxicity. That is stirring up drama, which was not my intention.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:39 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Not necessary. I'm asking Kakwakas, man to man, to stop insinuating every post I make is apart of a conservative conspiracy to get everyone banned. I did not request for Spidey's ban, yet Kakwakas insisted so. That is toxicity. That is stirring up drama, which was not my intention.
You never really talked like this at all until you started dredging up SPK's ban evasion and other historical bullshit. And I'm pretty sure K's post was more in reference to You People complaining about recent moderation decisions. He was making fun of your own paranoia.

Not that I'm trying to start shit or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
He won't and knows no one will hold him accountable. Ignore him and revel in the fact that he doesn't have power or privilege outside of this forum.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
You never really talked like this at all until you started dredging up SPK's ban evasion and other historical bullshit. And I'm pretty sure K's post was more in reference to You People complaining about recent moderation decisions. He was making fun of your own paranoia.

Not that I'm trying to start shit or anything.
What do you mean, "You People"?

Considering "conservative" has been an insult and borderline slur for the last decase or so, to the point where this forums had posters use it synonamously with racist,sexist, etc, (But its ok, because its not sustained!), I'd really like to know what you mean by "You People"...

I mean, especially since you capitalized the Y and P.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Considering "conservative" has been an insult and borderline slur for the last decade or so, to the point where this forums had posters use it synonymously with racist,sexist, etc,

I don't believe that to be the case, at least not anymore than people use liberal or democrat as an insult synonymous with communist and such.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police